[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Will Marvel Comics Reveal Tomorrow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: marvellogo-600x338.jpg (16 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
marvellogo-600x338.jpg
16 KB, 600x338
"I understand that certain people at Marvel are rather perturbed at all the comic book press that DC Comics has received in recent days, quite drowning out their own plans. Even a tease given to Diamond that suggested Marvel would be having its own new roster of comic titles for the autumn seems to have been knocked aside regarding the big spoilers in'

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/22/what-will-marvel-comics-reveal-tomorrow/

It doesn't get more pathetic than this folks.
>>
>>83051484
Yeah, how pathetic, announcing books that they're planning to release.

This is a new low, Marvel.
>>
>>83051531
>Getting anally ravaged that DC gets 5 seconds of press and bumping up your own announcements just to steal the spotlight back

Pretty sad really.
>>
File: skeletor_sulking.jpg (26 KB, 620x368) Image search: [Google]
skeletor_sulking.jpg
26 KB, 620x368
>>83051484

So it's a "We have to one-up DC as quick as possible" announcement?

Knew it was coming sooner or later.
>>
>>83051484
I am sure that those Blade and Gamora books will surely get them attention

It won't
>>
>>83051579

>Gamora

Because those other Guardian solo-titles really took off...

Blade'll have my money if it keeps Seeley. Is he DC exclusive now?
>>
>>83051629
No, he has a book at like 4 different publishers
>>
Miracleman, not Molecule Man, created the Marvel Univese
>>
I hate the current state of Marvel comics so I'd love to see them take a steep dive in the hopes they have to change their current lines.
>>
>>83051660

Exclusive is usually limited to just DC and Marvel though. And he's not writing anything for Marvel at the moment.
>>
>>83051746
DC's latest exclusives have been DC/Vertigo exclusive unless you already have a book out somewhere else, then you can be on that book to finish it
And he just announced an Aftershock book and hasn't said anything about leaving Blade
>>
Marvel Universe Reborn when?
>>
Everyone is suddenly a black transsexual Muslim. If you don't like it you're an racist, Trump supporting, GamerGater.
>>
hopefully we find out what the fuck Fury said to Thor.
>>
>but guys we're killing off the x-men for realsies this time, don't you believe us?
>>
After Dr Manhattan you'd think DC would welcome the distraction.
>>
>>83051921
Jean pls
>>
File: 1413989950514.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1413989950514.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>83052085
Why are x-fags such fucking abused housewives?
If the publisher of the books you like obviously doesn't want you, why keep giving them your money?
>>
>>83051560
>>83051531
>some dude on the internet gives his opinion
>lol marvel is buttdevastated
What is it with the company wars retards infesting everything?
>>
>>83051560
Is it though, when you have literally double DC's market share?
>>
>>83052211
You're right, it's not sad, it's just scummy.
>>
>>83051560
>DC needing to rebrand for the 3rd time in 5 years
>not pathetic
>>
>>83052263
That's bissnuess junior
>>
>>83051484
>another event
>more relaunches
>progressive character changes

I'm thinking all of the above.
>>
Who do they even have left to race/genderswap? It won't be Iron Man or Dr. Strange since they're still trying to get both of those to be popular in the first place, but most of the other big characters have already had their legacy passed on.
>>
>>83051746
>And he's not writing anything for Marvel at the moment.
Its been confirmed that the Blade book still has Seeley writing it. Only thing that changed is the artist.
>>
>>83052290
To be fair Marvel did this as well, but it didn't hit the reset button on the whole universe that they had been pushing since the last rebrand. Sadly Ultimate was dead in the water before the post Secret Wars renumbering finally killed it, but it wasn't the main focus unlike New 52
>>
>>83052263
They're businesses that have been in direct competition for fifty years. Obviously, they both want as much attention on them as possible.
>>
Star Wars vs. Marvel
>>
>Coming this fall from award winning writer Brian Michael Bendis...
>CIVIL WAR 3
>>
>>83051691
Bullshit, it was drawn by Jack Kirby. He said it himself to Reed Richards in a Fantastic Four story.
>>
>>83052363
Finally we shall have the female japanese Doom we've always wanted
>>
>>83052363
Steve got a Cap book while Sam has his, and Thor may get one has well since there are some hammers lying around and his movie is being worked on.
And they have some previously announced books, relaunches of shitty selling books, other obscure characters to give books to, Robbie doesn't have a book yet, and Death of X and Dead No More to talk about.

Lots of the usual shit.
>>
>>83052438
I can't wait for the butthurt if this happens.
>>
>>83052432
That's true, but you don't see Pepsi taking low blows at Coke products every time they put out a new product. But I guess neither of those companies are run by literal manchildren and actually have well-funded PR departments.
>>
>>83052502
Ah yes, Civil War III

Where the marvel universe rages war against each other and Thanos, who is under arrest.
>>
>>83052085
Killing the X-men for real and forget about them? never
Disbanding the X-men and spreading them around the other comics, just like the Johnny and Ben? Most probably.
>>
>>83052513
>Doom and Reed finally bang
Story of the century
>>
>>83052085
Death of X is about the death of the dream, so that's close.
>>
>>83052395
I don't know man, my dad reads a lot of comics and when he first heard about Rebirth he was sure it was a joke because they literally just did something like it last year. I just don't think DC has any credibility left with people, after, twice in a year, telling everyone, "shit guys, we're sorry, we really fucked up, it'll be great this time tho."

All I want is my fucking Captain Marvel book, shit.
>>
>>83052545
It's going to happen one of these years.
>>
>>83052502
I mean Miller's already announced that he's working on DK4 so it's not unprecedented.
>>
>>83052634
>Death of X is about the death of the dream

I feel like the last decade of X-Men comics has constantly been about that.
>>
>>83052638
>kind of hopeful that it will be good
>can't trust them because they let you down so much
>still waitting for that Captain Marvel book
Are. . . Are you me?
>>
>>83052638
>But Rebirth he was sure it was a joke because they literally just did something like it last year

Just because your Dad was wrong doesn't make your anecodte somehow meaningful.

The truth is that Marvel rebrands and relaunches at least once a year. It's a complete fucking joke.

For all of DC's sins, New 52 went 5 years uninterrupted. DCYou was just another wave of titles, it wasn't a relaunch at all.
>>
>>83052664
And Miller and Lee have been announcing second part of ASBAR every year for like 6 years now and we all know how that's going.
>>
>>83052306

While it might be business, Quesada has always been outright ruthless and petty with this shit. The industry needs DC and Marvel in a healthy-state for the infrastructure and shops to survive. The Disney buyout gave them an even larger promotional outlet too.

Every bit of positive news DC's released, Marvel counteracts it right away and steals the thunder. Every negative news affecting DC Marvel writers spread as much as they can. They didn't even let DC move their office without throwing venom their way.

It's the same shortsighted industry harming shit Marvel is famous for. Marvel knocking DC out of the picture just means a massive chunk of a niche market is blown off the map, which harms retailers, which harms Marvel. It hurts everyone from an economic-standpoint.

Now, granted, I know overall DC isn't going anywhere, nor is Marvel, but Rebirth succeeding is really important to the entire industry as a whole because DC is in a general rough patch right now.
>>
>>83052664
Miller is probably going to die before we see anything from DK4
>>
>>83052692
In issue 2 of Extraordinary X-Men Storm calls Teen Jean the living mutant dream. Do you think we can finally get rid of that mind rapist cunt once and for all?
>>
>>83052502
>implying it won't be Infinity War II: The Synergy Saga
>>
>>83052713
>DCYou was just another wave of titles, it wasn't a relaunch at all.
I can't believe how many people can't understand this. It was just a banner for their new #1s to fly under because they had to promote their new stuff somehow. Nothing got renumbered (except maybe Suicide Squad? I know that got a relaunch somewhere), it wasn't a reboot in any sense of the word.
>>
>>83052713
There was, what, NOW in 2012 and AN last year?

That's
>A. Not every year
>B. Not accompanied by an apology
>>
>>83052692
>last decade
Come on, an X-Man has died like every year since 1975 and even before then Xavier died like twice.
>>
Here comes another relaunch

Mark my words.
>>
>>83052731
Well Lee finally put out Europa and Miller has been putting out DK3 fairly regularly so not bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of ASBAR within the next five years.
>>
>>83052713
>The truth is that Marvel rebrands and relaunches at least once a year. It's a complete fucking joke.

The constant All-New All Different relaunches reek of desperation, trying to wring out every single cent that they can with diminishing returns on each relaunch. And it sounds like it's beginning to catch up with them.

Christ, at least when Johns and DiDio talk about Rebirth in interviews it sounds like they're actually concerned about sustainability.
>>
How is ANAD even fairing? Reception seems lukewarm except for a few standouts like Vision.
>>
>>83052835
No, I'm talking about the theme of THE PROFESSORS DREAM IS DEAD FOREVER!!! It's getting really fucking annoying.
>>
>>83052824
Now
All-New Now
Avengers Now
All-New All-Different

There was literally one every year.
>>
>>83052762
Infinity Gauntlet II is basically guaranteed at this point, right? Does Infinity count as Infinity Gauntlet II?
>>
>>83052779

Squad was not renumbered.

New Suicide Squad, much like the New Teen Titans before it, was just a revived cancelled title.

A lot of people failed to grasp that DCYou was just a new brand slogan to say "There's a book for everyone and everything."

Which there honestly was. The DCYou books were pretty varied and unique. It was a really fun ride and I'm upset it was so overlooked.
>>
>>83052779
I called it a rebranding, which it was.

Your assertion that they only did it for promotion is pretty ridiculous when they were pretty public about it being an attempt to fix the shit that went wrong with New 52.
>>
>>83051560
they're just doing their job as the big dog on campus keeping DC in their place

they're obligated to do so
>>
>>83052824
Now
All New Now
Avengers Now
All New All Different
>>
>>83051560
That's what people call business. You don't let your rival company get ahead even for a second, that's how you stay on top.
>>
>>83052879
It fucked over a lot of the newer books: Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye, etc. that all only had 5 issues before it really tanked.
>>
>>83052879
Marvel now has twice DC's market share, so.
>>
>>83052513
sounds hot.
>>83052619
>she's Reeds Namor
I kinda want this.
>>
>>83052964
Star Wars does, Marvel's actual superhero line is doing quite poorly right now.
>>
>>83052890
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be? Those first three are all the same NOW imprint rolled out in waves just like New 52 was.
>>
>>83052913
That's not a rebranding, you numbskull. The books don't say DCYou on the cover or anything, the only time they used DCYou was in ads. They said they were having an ongoing talk about the philosophy of the company, that's an esoteric thing, not a "here's our unboot" the way Rebirth is.
>>
>>83051484
>In a LANDMARK new change, Marvel is adding more of the lower races to its roster of heroes!
>Marvel announced today that a new squad of heroes comprised entirely of races the white man had to push into the modern era would be appearing in their new book, the Affirmative Action Patrol!
>>
When you rush things, Those thing might end up being bad.

Might is the key word
>>
>>83052879
http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-comics-month-to-month-sales-march-2016-spiders-dont-live-in-a-cesspool-but-in-dead-pools/

It fucked over a lot of books from before the relaunch, ended up with some books with the exact same sales before, and few with any improvement in sales.
>>
>>83053010
And yet you're going to say DCYou was a whole separate thing? The only retard here is the one with the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>83052850

Marvel has always looked for the quick dollar over the long-term health of the market. While Ikey Ike doesn't help it's been this way for longer.

They set seeds to crash the industry with new number 1s, long-term crossovers, long-term events, and spamming variant covers as far back as the 90s.

Then you have Marvel splitting away from the distributors and creating their own infrastructure that failed miserably and when a distributor offered to enter a deal similar to the one DC had entered with Diamond, despite their failure at distribution, laughed it off said no and created the fucking Diamond Monopoly that plagues comics to this day.
>>
>>83052964

That's thanks to Star Wars though.
>>
>>83053094
In terms of branding imprints, obviously, yeah.

Waves of NOW = Waves of New 52
DCYou = ANAD

etc
>>
DC Rebirth is trying to get back the old fans.

Marvel does the opposite. For fuck's sake, it feels like for every Spencer or Duggan there's two Slotts and Bendii.
>>
>>83051629
Gamora has the benefit of being written by someone who knows their Marvel Cosmic, wrote the first draft of GotG before Gunn came in, and doesn't rely on cliches and superficial shit from the MCU GotG.

Also they plan to incorporate Magus into the comic so I am looking forward to this.
>>
File: marvel world.jpg (49 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
marvel world.jpg
49 KB, 480x270
>>83051484
/CO/ BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!!!
>>
>>83053289
Whoops wrong thread.
>>
Marvel, just take the loss at this point. You're not going to beat Wally and Watchmen in hype/anger. CW2 will still probably beat Rebirth in sales anyway. It's not a big deal that people are talking about another company.
>>
>>83052999
From April, disregarding Star Wars books,

Top 10:
Marvel
>419.68
DC
>314.29

Top 25 is even fucking worse,
3 DC titles and 10 Marvel (without Star Wars)

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=178540
>>
>>83053289
TNG is fantastic after season 2
DS9 becomes god tier after season 1
Voyager is shit
Enterprise is nicer shit
>>
>>83053194

ANAD reset everything to zero.

DCYou just released new titles without really resetting anything. Even books like Batgirl and Catwoman that really needed it.

All New Now cancelled and rebranded books for inflated sales, which All New Avengers also did. It's not a new wave when you're cancelling titles and relaunching them to number 1 for no reason.

They're not really "waves" like the second batch of New52.
>>
>>83053235
is it me or has duggan gotten worse? Ever since he went exclusive, seems like he stopped trying to make good comics.
>>
Everyone who buys a ticket to the movies is not going to buy a comic.

Just realize that Marvel. Please.

Please.
>>
>>83053353
He's stuck writing event lead ins. Before he could do whatever the fuck.
>>
>>83053351
what will they call the next relaunch? All different all new?
>>
>>83053348
DC doing poorly does not suddenly mean Marvel is doing well friend.

No one is arguing that DC isn't in the shit financially right now.
>>
>>83053348

That is off by barely 100 points.

You know that's not all that bad right?

>>83053334

I dunno. 2.99 for 80 pages seems to be a huge selling point for Rebirth for a lot of people I've talked to.
>>
File: Holy Smokes.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Holy Smokes.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>>83053348
Oh shit. I didn't know it was that bad.
>>
>>83051484
>yfw Marvel quickly relaunches all its comics again
>>
>Company wars
Why tho? They're both horrible companies, so why not just read what's good?
>inb4 Marvel/DC has nothing good
>>
>>83053438
It's off by 33%, even without all of the Star Wars books Marvel prints, and the top 10 is about as good as it gets for DC. The ratio 11-25 is like 3:1
>>
>>83053438
Yeah Rebirth will knock out Civil War 0. The real question is if any of the Rebirth #1's can take out Civil War 1 for the #1 spot. I doubt it, but DC may be able to get most of the top 10 that month besides star wars and black panther.
>>
>>83053388

We'll see towards the end of Civil War II.

Even though Retailers are telling Marvel all this shit is harming the industry.
>>
They are going to announce death of X sinopsis, x-men still sell more than 80% of the other marvel comics.
>>
>>83053351
>reset everything to 0
>everything literally picked up where it left off Pre Secret Wars with an 8 month time gap
>this reset everything
>>
>>83053235
I think this is it, Marvel is fucking with the older fans and with people like Brevoort, Bendis, and Slott who admit to trolling and "Mad fans means nore money" and every time they shit on the bed they don't admit they were wrong

DC said they fucked up and is taking a page from Morrison in the "Everything ever in the history of DC comics is canon" page and they are telling the most WTF story while bringing back elements that fans loved and are missing from the Ne 52 universe. Who knows if ultimately the story they are planning will be good or not but the premise is so WTF already that is peaking every comic nerd's interest and it's driving away attention from CWII forcing Marvel to make some effort to try and win their audience back.
>>
>>83052573
in the leadup to the winter classic
Secret Wars 2
>>
>>83053438
Comic fans have shown that price doesn't mean much to them. It is a great deal though so we'll see.
>>
>>83053496
There are only two brands of comics, and you can only like one of them.

Duh.
>>
>>83053438
Civil War II is what? 5.99 for how many pages?
>>
>>83053496
This isn't really company wars though in the traditional sense of fanboys arguing. It's Marvel here making it about them vs DC not us.
>>
>>83053348
4 DC books, and the only Marvel books selling are #1s and Gwenpool. Marvel panders to the speculator's market. This is nothing new.
>>
>>83053501

But that Star Wars-free comparison is no where near as drastic a difference as you're making it out to be.

Neither are doing all that strongly right now. ANAD leveled out to levels under what the previous books were doing and that's not good. It's not about company wars, it's about sales being shit and both companies continuing the harm the industry instead of helping it.
>>
>>83053602
23 maybe?
>>
>>83053364
Marvel doesn't care. They don't even care about keeping the same readers year to year.

They just grind through fans for quick sales. That's why their whole thing is pissing people off.
>>
>>83051560
When you're winning 2-0, and the opponent scores, the worst thing you can do is play defense.
>>
>>83053587
Why in gods name would anybody read Marvel? If you read comics then Marvel has nothing to offer you. They have no good writers and can't tell a decent story.
>>
>>83053548
They'll just pander to SJWs some more. Expect a book about [Unsolicited opinions on Israel] next
>>
>>83053618
Uh, I don't think you can count, man.

>JL 49 at 11
>Batman/TMNT at 14
>JL Darkseid Special at 19

Notice how every single one of those books has Batman in it.
>>
>>83053771
I disagree
>>
>>83051560
Wasn't DC going to have midnight openings and Marvel tried to tale advantage of that?

Also there was that shit they pulled for Blackest Night, for every 15 ripped Blackest Night covers comic retailers sent to Marvel they would give them an exclusive Deadpool variant comic.

Granted those comics were already paid for and dC wouldn't lose any profits but in the long run a lot of Comic retailers knew it was a shitty deal for them and it was very poor thing to do on Marvel's part.
>>
>>83053771
>Ewing
>Ellis
>no good writers

Aight.
>>
>>83053858
What's Ellis doing at Marvel?
>>
>>83053771
You could say different reasons, marvel is more progressive, marvel has better movies, marvel characters are more iconic, ect... but we would never agree in one option
>>
File: cheerleading waifu.gif (2 MB, 486x490) Image search: [Google]
cheerleading waifu.gif
2 MB, 486x490
>reminder that you have no idea what the announcement actually is
>>
>>83053698
Well un that case Rebirth sounds like the better deal.
>>
>>83053903
Karnak. It's p dope.
>>
>>83053911
Probably everything in hopes people will take a break from discussing the Wally and Watchmen parts of Rebirth to focus on them
>>
>>83053903
Karnak
>>
>>83053932
I'll have to check that shit out, because I love me some Ellis.
>>
>>83053911

Some bullcrap about making somebody black or a woman or something.
>>
File: It's on fire.png (175 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
It's on fire.png
175 KB, 480x368
>>83053771
>>83053917
Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I even come to /co/.
>>
>>83053808
Oh yeah and I am sure they will buy their books just like how they bought Angela and made it ine of the best selling Marvel books and why it's getting a relaunch.
>>
>>83053958
It's taking them fucking forever to pump this book out with all of its delays, but it's worth it, writing it good and the art fits the tone perfectly, eagerly waitting for a tradeback.
>>
I want DC to be better, just don't enjoy anything from them right now, maybe the new books will be good. Marvel has a couple decent books in Karnak, Vision, Ultimates, maybe Moon Knight.
>>
>>83053996
Watching children cry about bias while being bias kills the last few minutes of the day.
>>
>>83053911
Dead No More or Death of X are the only things worth pushing up. Every other brand has been mined already or isn't big enough.

But even then I don't know if anything beats Watchmen. People aren't going to talk that much about it.
>>
>>83054032
This
>>
>>83053496
Marvel literally has nothing good
>>
>>83054070
Weisman and Johns co created him to be bi
>>
>>83054070
he was bi like he was created as not retconned gay
>>
>>83054070
This is on Par with making Bobby gay for no actual reason
>>
Partner with Titan comics for a Doctor Strange and Doctor Who crossover limited series before Dr Strange movie
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10287119

POLL TIME!!!!!!
>>
>>83054070
Is weird to see gay niggas in the sea
>>
>>83054098
It's not though
>>
>>83054070
An Aqualad that's not Kaldur and has had lottle to no personality in the comics since he debuted.

Not comparable to making Alan Scott gay out of nowhere, that shit was dumb
>>
File: land of the free.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
land of the free.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>83054070
He can now suck Doc Manhattan's BIG BLUE COCK.
>>
>>83054032
Hey man, New Avengers and Contest of Champions are great, too.
>>
>>83054151
Alan was made gay to replace his gay son who got erased due to the reboot. Not really out of nowhere, but I can see not liking that logic.
>>
>>83054120
Why? You don't see men in the sea all the time?
>>
File: smugmusement overdrive.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smugmusement overdrive.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>83054070
>Someone gives a shit about Aqualad in any way, shape or form outside of taking up a spot on a team
>Comics Aqualad, at that
>>
>>83054151

Jackson Hyde and Kaldur were always meant to be the same character though. They were always meant to have the same powers, same origin, same personality, same sexuality. The only difference is one was raised on land and the other on sea, and we actually got to see one do shit.
>>
>>83052564
DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.
>>
>>83054222
but i normally see gay niggas in space no in the sea
>>
>>83054261
>DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.

lmao
>>
File: 75437464.png (166 KB, 339x339) Image search: [Google]
75437464.png
166 KB, 339x339
>>83054261
>tfw Marvel has Al Ewing writing three great books right now and DCfans can only bitch on the internet
>>
>>83054261
Stop being a fucking idiot. Both companies are in it for the fucking money. They're both businesses that have investors to make happy. The bottom line is all that matters and always has. The bottom line is what matters and always has. They aren't some indie companies. Don't fool yourself.
>>
>>83052752
Not only that, but Disney has a whole slew of websites and shills trolling 24/7 to shittalk every move DC makes.

Marvel is the Sony of comics.
>>
>>83054258
They also had different personalities but then again we hardly knew Jackson.

But bith might as well had been different characters and in a way they were.
>>
>>83052103
Why? The idea is wonderful, it fits perfectly and I mean it...
>>
>>83054070
He's bi, you fuck. As he was always intended to be. Stop falseflagging.
>>
Thunderbolts movie announcement
>>
>"being better at business is bad!"
- /co/
>>
>>83054342
I love Ultimates and Contest but NA is a hit and miss
>>
>>83054354
>Not only that, but Disney has a whole slew of websites and shills trolling 24/7 to shittalk every move DC makes.

DC did a perfectly fine job of making GL, MoS, and BvS hated all on their own.
Weird how Suicide Squad has a general positive buzz though
>>
>>83054406
Have another one my nigga, godspeed.
>>
>>83054421
I mean, the first two or three were pretty rough, but since it got on track I've been consistently loving it.
>>
File: 1442009173743.gif (1 MB, 299x199) Image search: [Google]
1442009173743.gif
1 MB, 299x199
>>83054403
Fucking this
>>
>>83052752
>It's the same shortsighted industry harming shit Marvel is famous for.

You seem to think Marvel cares about the industry. History has shown that has never been the case. They try their best to leech as much cash as they can out of comics before they crash the industry, then struggle until the next moneymaking scam comes along.

This time Disney will keep them afloat so they don't have to fear bankruptcy.
>>
>>83054450
>Weird how Suicide Squad has a general positive buzz though

It's almost like the notion Marvel is paying people is a fucking wacked conspiracy
>>
>>83054403
It's clearly a comics announcement. Diamond is in the quote in the OP.
>>
>>83054505
Bi = gay
>>
>>83052779
lol but bro it was a reboot because DC always reboots rite? My MCU blogs told me so xD
>>
>>83051484
Wanna troll Brevoort's blog, ask him about Rebirth or make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation.
>>
>>83054450

We're not talking about movies. With movies it's pretty much total bullshit.

There is however a clear bias for actual comic journalism that can be easily tracked most of the time.

Like The Mary fucking Sue running a smear piece that claims the diversity of DCYou was "trying to hard"

Or books like We Are Robin, Doctor Fate, and Midnighter not being really all that heavily pushed for their diversity by sites that were non-stop talking about how cool it was that Hulk was Asian and that Wolverine was a woman.
>>
>>83054558
>make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation.
do this
>>
Good Marvel books rn
>Karnak
>Moon Knight
>Contest of Champions
>New Avengers
>Ultimates
DC
>Lucifer

Which Rebirth books are gonna fix this disparity? Wonder Woman seems like most promising.
>>
>>83054077
Obviously bait but that's horse cock and you know it
>>
>>83052638
But DC has been great for years? Marvel drones aren't going to read DC no matter what so listing to their opinions is retarded.
>>
>>83054508

I don't think Marvel cares about the industry don't you worry friend.

I've seen them teeter on bankruptcy and still make the same mistakes enough time.

It just makes me so fucking angry.
>>
>>83054558
>make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation

at this point he might recognize that as a troll
>>
>>83054627
I might be in the wrong here, but I'd add Carnage to that list.
>>
>>83054558
I've done the second one twice and he has replied to both questions while telling me it's not the 616 anymore, so it really does bother him.
>>
>tfw Thor is great whenever Thor isn't around

What's good, Jace?
>>
>>83053111
Marvel really are the most toxic entity in comics.
>>
>>83054673
If it bothers him he will answer them, that I can assure you.
>>
File: 1461117194943.jpg (102 KB, 533x452) Image search: [Google]
1461117194943.jpg
102 KB, 533x452
>>83054627

>Grayson
>Omega Men
>Midnighter
>Robin, Son of Batman
>Hellblazer
>Martian Manhunter
>Gotham Academy
>Legend of Wonder Woman
>Supergirl TV Tie-in
>Not Good
>>
File: 1460197277295.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460197277295.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>83054261
>DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.
>>
>>83054781
He probably hasn't read them.
>>
>>83052964
>muh star wars
>>
>>83054781

And all but 2 are cancelled
>>
>>83054781
I mean, yeah. They're pretty middling in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>83053541
He means the numbering, I think.
>>
>>83054781
>Grayson
>good
>>
>>83054907
Hellblazer, Gotham Academy, and LoWW are all getting relaunched/sequels. Grayson is debatable; Seeley is still writing Dick.
>>
>>83054261
Both are duck ups but the difference is that Marvel can afford to be shit as they are riding on the popularity of tje MCU while DC has to reinvent itself and struggle to be relevant.

That said DC manged to snatch up King from Marvel and bring back Rucka and Priest so they have that on their favor, don't know why theu got Humphries but if they can get something good out of him then more power to them.
>>
>>83054781
Tom King makes the GoT of comics. It's pretty embarrassing watching anyone admit to liking either.
>>
I'm sure I read somewhere that it's common knowledge that some big wig at Disney/Marvel hates DC and literally wants to run them out of business.

Anyone remind me of the name?
>>
>>83054907

If you're going by that criteria then we haven't read anything DC is "currently publishing"
>>
>>83055013
Quesada

And he's butthurt that DC cancelled Azrael or something equally stupid.
>>
>>83054032
You just have shit taste
>>
>>83054977

I forgot Hellblazer was getting a relaunch
>>
>Marvel Now
>All-New Marvel Now
>All-New All-Different Marvel

Assuming that they try to tap into the "Rebirth" branding, what would Marvel go with?
>>
>>83053348
I was curious, so I went back to Feb 2016 to see how Marvel superhero books performed vs. DC superhero books. April had Black Panther which was a gigantic release so that would throw things off, and March had DC books get extra orders at #50. I didn't count Star Wars or Vertigo; and no reprints, reorders, or licensed books (I fudged this a bit and counted crossovers and stuff like Injustice for DC).

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-02.html

Marvel: 2,477,126

DC: 1,791,446

Difference: Marvel +685680
>>
>>83051579
>Blade and Gamora
Are those still totally for real happening? They seem like they'll actually see the light of day when Genndy's Luke Cage book does.
>>
>>83055087
Marvel Reignited
Marvel Reinvented
Marvel Rebirth
>>
>>83053825
>Wasn't DC going to have midnight openings and Marvel tried to tale advantage of that?

Yes and that was a stupid idea because what Marvel was offering wasn't really big but it did give people more incentive to go and experience DC's big show
>>
>>83055090
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Star Wars
b-b-b-b-but it's only a matter of time
>>
>>83055002
Whay are you on about?

>>83055013
Joe Quesada, he is butthurt with DC apparently they cancelled his Azrael comic and that began his hate for them.

He also managed to destroy whatever little was left of Marvel and DC's relationship, thanks to him no more Marvel vs DC crossovers, no more Marvel vs DC friendly softball matches at San Diego, Johns and Bendis stopped doing panels together, coupled with him taking people who were fucked over by Haras like Waid and Quesada shit talking DC and pissing them off, yeah he destroyed everything.
>>
File: 1435756603637.png (129 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1435756603637.png
129 KB, 235x235
>>83055222
What was difficult for you there?
>>
>>83055126
Blade is dead, Gamora is still happening according to Brevoort but the writer is busy with the Captain Marvel movie script since that is priority.
>>
>>83055087
Marvel Renewed
>>
>>83053858
>Ellis
>good
*tips Fedora*
>>
>>83054450

its a /tvirgin/ trying to talk about something they clearly don't understand episode so they have to bring the movies.
>>
>>83052154
>X-fags
>not big 2 fags in general
We've literally been seeing it all weekend with the Rebirth leaks, we saw it all throughout Secret Wars, every fucking month man
>>
>>83055184
It's kind of clever knowing the Watchmen spoiler now
>>
>>83055270
How can his art be so good on Thor and Loki: Blood Brother and Thor but so shit on Secret Wars?
>>
>>83055158
>>83055302
Marvel Reborn
Marvel Born Again
Marvel New-Born All-Again
>>
I guess Marvel is going to relaunch again and all it's books will be $4.99
>>
>>83054032
Do you not read DC or something, dude?
>>
>>83055410
Marvel: Damage Control
>>
>>83055410
Marvel Phoenix
>>
>>83054579
>Like The Mary fucking Sue running a smear piece that claims the diversity of DCYou was "trying to hard"

Oh my god, this!

Those idiots and comcis alliance were ''DC pretends to care about diversity!!!! They talk about DC YOU but they don't bring up the fact that the books are being done by minorities!!!!''

Meanwhile Marvel has a Hip Hop variants month while not having a single black person writing or drawing comics. And of course they got a free pass.

Tl;DR

DC makes diverse books with a diverse creative team? Bad.

Marvel pats itself on the back about loving black culture without having black employees? Totally fine!
>>
File: 1435755421759.jpg (325 KB, 895x1375) Image search: [Google]
1435755421759.jpg
325 KB, 895x1375
>>83055393
I liked it, for the most part.
>>
>>83055386

I'd say lucky
>>
>>83055410
>Marvel New born

lol
>>
If it's not a Hank Pym book they're dead to me.
>>
>>83054342
>ultimates
>good
>>
>>83055222
>>83055270

He is on nothing, he says that GoT is a bad show because /tv/ hates things that are popular and this guy being a /tvirgin/ can only talk in memes
>>
>>83055471

marvel got a good bit of shit for those hip hop covers they just don't have horrible pr like dc
>>
>>83055471
>without having black employees?

DCIDF being wrong, what a surprise.
>>
>>83055087
>Marvel Renewed
>Marvel Redone
>Marvel Reeeeeeeeeeeee normies buy our comics
>>
>>83054350
And yet somehow Disney consistently makes garbage and DC is able to make money while making good comics.
>>
>>83055570
>being this ignorant

he was hired way after the covers were announced
>>
>>83055534
Why the fuck do you think announcing a Pym book would in anyway be something to counter all the Rebirth talk?
>>
>>83055570

EmploteeS as in many.

Having 2 or 3 and NONE doing a big book is not something to be proud about, let alone giving yourself a PC thumbs up
>>
>>83055471

When Marvel only had two female lead books, compared to DC's four or five at the time, many sites were running articles about DC not having enough books starring female heroes.

The movie shit is 100% /tv/ conspiracy bullshit but when it comes to comics themselves the bias is really clear.
>>
File: 1437182300793.jpg (42 KB, 492x343) Image search: [Google]
1437182300793.jpg
42 KB, 492x343
>>83055553
>Oh, damn, it's a "/co/ accuses someone of going to /tv/ when he never does and then also suggests that the only way someone wouldn't like their shit show is contrarianism episode".

I'm laughing in real life
>>
>>83054450
>b...but muh movies
Surprise surprise Mouseketeers are only capable of thinking about movies. Must suck to have no comics to talk about 2baht familia
>>
DC gives you what you need.
Marvel gives you what you want.
Oh, mama, can this really be the end,
To be stuck inside my bedroom with these comic books again?
>>
>>83055682
/co/ would like to have a word with the second statement
>>
>>83051921
>Projecting
>>
>>83052879

Badly but Marvel have done a fantastic job of hiding that fact. Star Wars sells incredibly well but the real figure is coming from the constant 1# release cycle where they have at least 5 new books coming out a month with extortionate variant incentives pushing up the orders.
>>
>>83055698
>implying /co/ doesn't want to be perpetually angered
>>
>>83055682

Thanks for the new edit
>>
>>83055665
>I'm laughing in real life

Yeah, I can hear your fat flapping all the way over here.

And you clearly are a /tvirgin/, people on /co/ talking about comic books don't go '' Wow, this is the Glee of comics! That bad!''

Let alone saying ''lol, this is as bad as that one show that people really like.''

2/10, you gotta apply yourself.
>>
>>83052019

Yes please.
>>
>>83055698
Fair enough. I just didn't want to put much effort into rewriting the lines.

Though it does stand that Marvel give normies what they want, like the hip-hop covers, endless events, movies with hot guys under questionable multi-picture contracts, et cetera.

>>83055766
It's the worst one yet, but you're welcome.
On the other hand, now I know what it's like to work on something and not be able to have fun with it. It's kind of zen.
>>
>>83054627
>it's a Disneykid doesn't read comics episode
>>
>>83051484
>Marvel is run by literal children
Never would've thought.
>>
>>83055751
Don't forget the crossovers

Happening conveniently after the first arc and right before the big event tie ins
>>
>>83054636
Uh, is it? Sorry, but Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl are not good.
>>
>>83055270
I don't understand what you were trying to say with King writing the GoT of comics, I am unfamiliar with GoT believe it or not so I have no clue other than you saying or implying that both are bad and gory (is that it?) but I don't get the why, how is Omega Men like Game of Thrones?
>>
>>83055901
They're both shit.
>>
File: 380672.gif (2 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
380672.gif
2 MB, 245x180
>>83055771
I was drawing a comparison between two things that appeal to plebs as being good, but are really hollow. GoT was the most obvious comparison that captured the particular relationship the fans have to the property.

Or maybe it's all a conspiracy. Who knows.
>>
>>83054663
With any luck once they tank the movie industry Disney will bury them in the Disney vaults.
>>
>>83051484
>Even a tease given to Diamond that suggested Marvel would be having its own new roster of comic titles for the autumn
jesus christ how many fucking books can they publish? or are we getting yet another relaunch
>>
>OP butt-blasted about their disappointing comics universe and writing fiascos in DC shows

I'm sure it'll get better, anon. No need to tear people down.
>>
>>83055890
I thought you were implying out of all the comics Marvel's published ever

Regardless, Ultimates is okay and Uncanny Avengers is pretty good. Not a big fan of anything else they're putting out right now though.
>>
>>83052502
>This time.....it's personal.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.