[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it hold up, or is it lame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: gaf.jpg (65 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
gaf.jpg
65 KB, 650x300
Does it hold up, or is it lame?
>>
File: MarkEvanier_01a.jpg (102 KB, 809x1024) Image search: [Google]
MarkEvanier_01a.jpg
102 KB, 809x1024
>>83050253
Some pop culture references aside it holds, it's one of the greatest cartoons ever, thanks to this man.
>>
I like it. It's better than the comic strip. I even like those US Acres parts that everyone hates.
>>
>28 gigs
Not in this life time
>>
>>83050253
You're better off watching the Garfield Show
>>
File: PeanutsTributeGarfield.png (29 KB, 609x213) Image search: [Google]
PeanutsTributeGarfield.png
29 KB, 609x213
>comics
Peanuts > Garfield
>tv shows
Garfield > Peanuts
>movies
didn't see
>>
>>83050401
You're joking right?
>>
>>83050253
Probably one of the most solid cartoons from its time. The way it was written, it was like a meta-cartoon. Really great, one of my all-time favorites.

>>83050314
This. God bless Mark Evanier. I was happy to see he was writing the recent Garfield comic book. It was on par with the show.
>>
I wish I could find a scan of garfield and his 9 lives
>>
>>83054826
Is that the dumb one where he wakes up and his house has been abandoned for like 15 years and at the end he just hugs jon and odie and nothing actually happened?
>>
>>83050253
Any show that eviscerates the "get-along" philosophy of '80s kid cartoons like Garfield did to The Buddy Bears gets a lifetime pass.
>>
>>83054903
>Oh we are the Buddy Bears we always get along
jesus christ 20 years and that just played automatically in my head
>>
>>83055291
>Garfield: "You can't agree all the time! What about having an individual point of view?"
>Bear 1: "I have an individual point of view."
>Bear 2: "And I agree with him!"
>Bear 3: "And I agree with both of them!"
>Bears: "We all have an individual point of view!"

Those fucking bears. I always identified with the complainer in 80's cartoons as a kid, so I fucking loved when they showed up and Garfield fucked them over.
>>
>>83050253
when watching I always skip the friends part
>>
>>83055673
Yes, this is for all of the Wade Ducks, the Erics, the Wheelers, and all the other professional contrarians whose existence was to make the happy majorities seem reasonable, even when they were dead wrong.

Thank goodness that this show told us that if we couldn't stand firm against the mob mentality like Captain America, we could at least trick the mob into disunity like Garfield. Hail Discordia!
>>
File: eric_cavalier_shield.jpg (211 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
eric_cavalier_shield.jpg
211 KB, 540x540
>>83056031
Eric was right. Hail Eris!
>>
File: d00007.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
d00007.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>83056485
He was. His team was suicidal, the Dungeon Master was an asshole who was just playing around with them, and that fucking unicorn was annoying. Why did no one see it except Eric?

Same with the fat comic relief guy from Kid Stereo. What's that, guys? Master Blaster kidnapped Jimmy Hendrix? You know who that's a job for? Not 4 teenagers without any superpowers. And then they went and got captured and who saves the day? Fat comic relief guy.
>>
>>83050253
The live-action movies are lame.
>>
>>83054826
No joke I bought it last week, perhaps a story time is in order..
>>
>>83054899
No, that story is not included in the "9 Lives" collection.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.