[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the gargoyles ruin your enjoyment of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Did the gargoyles ruin your enjoyment of it?
>>
>>83050018
Not really. Sure, they weren't that good, but I don't see why everyone complains about them so specifically. They're par for the course for Disney comic relief.
>>
>>83050018
What enjoyment?
>>
They were hallucinations of Frodo's fractured mind.
>>
>>83051682
they were fine for the most part, but their song with all their anachronistic gags really didnt fit with the tone of the rest of the film. They're gargoyles, not genie
>>
>>83051843
Nope. The goat clearly saw Hugo alive. And they helped fight the soldiers near the end.

It would have been better if they actually were Quasimodo's imagination, though.
>>
>>83050018
They had to make the source material (Victor Hugo's Notre Dame De Paris) more kid friendly, so they rewrote pretty much the entire thing and added the sidekicks. And even then it was surprisingly dark for a Disney movie.
>>
>>83050018
Was the old one a guy or a girl?
>>
>>83052697
I could ask the same about the goat
>>
>>83050018
I always though that the one on the left looked kinda like Tigger
>>
File: Laverne.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Laverne.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
>>83052697
Pic related is female, the other two are male
>>
They're not the worst thing in the world but they bring a 10/10 movie down to a 9.9.
>>
>>83052568
I would have forgiven the movie more if they were a tragic hallucination.
>>
The broadway version gets rid of them, and just has Quasi explicitly hallucinating that saints are speaking to him, and it's so much better for it.
>>
File: hugo-and-djali.png (690 KB, 1176x635) Image search: [Google]
hugo-and-djali.png
690 KB, 1176x635
>>83052822
The goat is a dude.

Now I wonder if this makes Hugo the first gay Disney character.
>>
They're ok. I can see why they're in the music. Victor Hugo is a king of "France and depression" genre of literature, so if you've got the cajones to try and make a family film out of his work, you better be prepared to stuff in some extra "friendly". It still ended up being a dark ass film for Disney.
>>
>>83050018
I remember the PC game more than the movie itself. ads for that thing were on damn near every Disney related VHS as a kid
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.