[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So know we know what death of x is about. Can he save the muties?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: death of x.png (49 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
death of x.png
49 KB, 700x522
So know we know what death of x is about.

Can he save the muties?
>>
>>83048512
death of x is about the mutants packing up their backs and moving to a universe that isn't 616, and staying their until Marvel gets the rights back. of the 150 or so currently still alive, 100 of them will be killed for shock value.
>>
>>83048512
>Marvel Comics has announced the upcoming series of “Death of X” variant covers, tying into the still classified “Death of X” storyline.

>The series of 20 variant covers will hit stands this July, and will feature members of the X-Men, including Jean Grey, Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler meeting their maker.

>Marvel promises that “Death of X” will be a real tearjerker, and that it will feature the death of the X-Men’s dream. Look for it to kick off this July.

Nobody can give them a good story, not even Hickman
>>
>>83048512
Just fucking write LoSH already you fag.
>>
>>83048512
Given that his take on Cyclops during Secret Wars was better than the entire Bendis run, i'm okay with that.
>>
>>83048512
>Cyclop's

Is this douche really a writer?
>>
>>83048711
>>83048711
i doubt its like that

it aint mark millar plotting/writing it
>>
>>83049008

He just used Cyclops' proper middle name: Scott Cyclop Summers

Why do you think prof x gave him the "cyclops" codename?
>>
>>83048711
>of the 150 or so currently still alive, 100 of them will be killed for shock value.

there's literally millions of them again

>>83048512
didn't Hickman get fired

is he not a well known shitposter on the twitter
>>
>>83049375
He's not fired he's taking a break from marvel

And yes he's a huge shitposter. Managed to get people to think he'd be on a DC book.
>>
>>83048741
why would anyone want this? it literally goes against the core values of capecomics
>>
>>83049417
is he worth a followeroonie?
>>
>>83049417
>He's not fired he's taking a break from marvel

riiiiiight

>>83049614
women wearing pants?
>>
>>83049614
Nobody really wants it but people are going to buy it anyway
>>
>>83049685
>riiiiiight

he seems to be bffs with breevort and bendis and whenever he shittweets about comics, its usually about marvel
basically unfirable
>>
>>83049685
that theres always a happy ending anon
[sp] that too tho [/sp]
>>
Fuck the X-Men and the entire mutant branch of Marvel in general. It's perpetually hamstrung by a status-quo that requires any progress towards acceptance to be undone so that they can continue to make it an allegory for whatever marginalized group is popular at the time. To top that off, each time it gets even more ham-fisted.

I'd love to see a long-running series where the X-Men or some other mutant group fights villains at the street level or takes on supervillains that aren't the result of time traveling mutants or infighting caused by a stupid misunderstanding. Sure, have them face setbacks because of them being mutants, but for the love of Christ don't reset the status quo again.
>>
>>83049919
>basically unfirable

sounds like he was fired tho doesn't it

what with not having a job there and all
>>
I feel really bad for the X-men fans.
>>
>>83050712
he was at a marvel retreat recently and
a.) he said he was sick of the hustle and deadlines of cape books. Makes for poor quality books
b.) he probably gets paid more from indies because most of the money is going directly to him and the artist whereas marvel does by page rate. East of West is a pretty big hit and new hickman books always sell quite a bit so he probably makes decent money
>>
>>83050780
>I feel really bad for the X-men fans.
we left when lee came aboard
>>
File: 1399841498531.png (1 MB, 516x1846) Image search: [Google]
1399841498531.png
1 MB, 516x1846
>>83049655
>>
>>83050653
It'd actually be easier to write them if they allowed progress to stick. The Marvel universe as a whole would be less retarded if most people didn't have that stupid mental divide between mutants and every other dangerous superbeing but you still had fringe elements and crazy robots making up the bad guys.
>>
>>83048741
NO NOT JEAN GREY
>>
>>83048741
>Marvel promises that “Death of X” will be a real tearjerker, and that it will feature the death of the X-Men’s dream. Look for it to kick off this July.

>Implying the dream wasn't already dead after "God loves, Man kills" became the status quo going forward.
>>
>>83054980
It's going to be a redpilled story where the X-men realize all the leftist SJWs who support them are hugely obnoxious shits and they decide not to live on that planet anymore.
>>
>>83049417
>implying he isn't writing LoSH Rebirth
>>
>>83051529
One day I will find a way to have Illuminated printed in a way so that it looks like a trade and see if Hickman is willing to sign the world's only physical copy of a parody of his work.
>>
Well they already made the fantastic four fuck off so x men are the next ones.
Dunno if they can do that with deadpool since thats a major seller.
>>
If they want so much the fucking movie rights why they dont just create a videogame universe and fuck off?

AAA Videogames give more money than movies anyways. Instead of perpetually bitching about howthe evil Fox will never ever give the rights back. Specially now that people love quipsilver and redditpool. Just be creative and learn to live without then.

X men game
Hulk game
Sm game
F4 game

Then a crossover. There, infinite money and you dont have to go half and half with sony and fox.
>>
>>83048512
If there was ever a greater incentive for a character to get their own series canceled, I've yet to see it.
>>
>>83050653
>muh supervillains
Go read DC you fucking pleb.
>>
>>83048512
Well, with the death of the X-Men, Marvel will have cut the final thread tying me to their horrbile, horrible comic brand.

So halle-fucking-lujah
>>
>>83059044
They don't want the movie rights.

FOX wants the comic book and merchandise rights.
>>
>>83059599
>FOX wants the comic book and merchandise rights
oh good, FOX will be excellent at making comic books instead of licensing those properties to capable producers
>>
https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/732269640152449024
What did he mean by this
>>
>>83059485
This is probably bait but still: Comics with X-Men or mutant groups as a whole would be more enjoyable if they spent more of their time fighting threats to the cities and towns close to them and fought more supervillains by themselves and alongside mainline Marvel heroes. Perpetual infighting and arcs based around resetting the status quo and ensuring that mutants are feared again so they can set up the next allegory have ruined the entire group of characters.
>>
>>83049375
>there's literally millions of them again
What is wallpaper and cannon fodder for Purifiers? You give fuck about dozen of muggas in spandex, not about mugga in China with power to eat bugs.
>>
>>83048711
it's about the death of Cyclops
>>
>>83059727

>DC melds their "golden goose" IP for credibility with ther mainline universe (watchmen+DCU)

>Marvel one-ups them by mashing the MU and Start Wars universes together as well.
>>
>>83065019
>Marvel/StarWars mashup

I-I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>83065238
It will inevitably happen.
>>
>>83059727
>My dream X-men roster:
>Cyclops
>Phoenix
>Magneto
>Namor
>Mister Sinister
>Magik
>Spider-Gwen
>Han Solo
>>
>>83059727
>What did he mean by this
>>
>>83048512
Death of X is about the one tragic death in civil war.

Why else should non x-men get a "death of x" cover. And as far as i remember there isnt any x-men "death of x" covers.

So clearly its some civil war tie-in.
>>
>>83050653
Point one, black people still face rascism.
Point two, the situation of fear is because of bendis and marvel. Its easier for them to write. Before bendis we were storywise progressed. But they kinda decided to loop the whole acceptance/hate cycle.
>>
>>83065583
Question is will Bendis write it and will Kitty be better at Force than Yoda?
>>
>>83048512
>Cancell all X-books
>Hickman writing all X-books

I seriously can't spot the difference. You're fucked either way,
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.