[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zack Snyder Wanted To RAPE Batman.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14
File: Rapemissioner Rape Rordon.jpg (20 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
Rapemissioner Rape Rordon.jpg
20 KB, 768x433
http://www.businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5

>Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.
>>
Snyder was joking and his point was that the Nolan movies aren't realistic.
>>
Jesus Christ, I think Snyder is this generation's Hitler and even I'm getting tired of these threads.
>>
>>83040777
>no where does it say that he wants to rape Batman
Terrible bait OP
>>
>>83040870
Its literally right there
>>
>>83040820
Are you saying Snyder is good or bad? It's kind of hard to tell, since Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>83040889
>I'M PROJECTING
come on son.
>>
>>83040777
I don't think batman would dwell too much on getting raped
Unless the rapists moms name was martha
>>
I like how literally no one read this interview. The "movie" he's making is Watchmen. He's talking about Nite-Owl. He's talking about the stark difference in reality between the realism in Watchmen and the realism in Batman Begins.

You people are so fucking stupid.
>>
>Batman getting raped in prison

He does know that doesn't happen to everyone in prison right? Especially to the kind of guys who if they did their fighting professionally would get the boxer style living weapon card and could cripple anyone that tried shit.
>>
You fucking retards. I don't care how much you hate Snyder you gotta be fucking with me if you can't see it's a joke you mouth breathers.
>>
File: gary-oldman-commissioner-gordon.jpg (533 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
gary-oldman-commissioner-gordon.jpg
533 KB, 1200x800
>>83040777

There's certainly someone that does need raping. Snyder, we need to talk.
>>
File: 1463880223510.jpg (84 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
1463880223510.jpg
84 KB, 510x755
>>83040777
>>
>>83040807
This the new defense? That people are just nitpicking? Heaven forbid a guy gets called a talentless shit for brains after spouting as much stupidity every time he opens his mouth. Why call a spade a spade when you can go with the Michael Jackson defense, right? You Snyder defenders take pathetic to a whole new level,
>>
>>83040952
I hope you get raped in prison you fucking faggot so much that you die.

See it is a joke. Can't you tell?
>>
>>83040961
thank you for trying to save this thread
>>
Granted it's a joke. It's a really stupid joke to make though and falls perfectly in line with the terrible way he handled this movie.

So y'know.
>>
>>83040988
Not nitpicking, deliberately digging up an old interview and misrepresenting an out of context quote.
>>
>>83040988
>That people are just nitpicking?

At what point does willfully misinterpreting a joke completely divorced from the context of the interview nitpicking? He's not even talking about Batman you fucking retard.
>>
>>83040988
Snyder makes shitty movies but by no stretch of the imagination are any of the Nolan movies realistic

artistic realism=/=realistic
>>
File: 1462417796704.jpg (68 KB, 600x774) Image search: [Google]
1462417796704.jpg
68 KB, 600x774
I work in a prison, there's really not a lot of rape. The sex is mostly consensual. We have offenders claiming to be "raped" but that's so they can move to another location next to their boyfriend or whomever.
>>
>>83041008
Because that's what Synder said verbatim right anon?
>>
File: Hmm.jpg (45 KB, 859x741) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.jpg
45 KB, 859x741
>>83040777
You know whats great is that he hired the biggest rapist in Oz to play Commissioner Gordon.

Maybe he will get raped in JL.
>>
>>83041017
No its doesn't fall in line with anything he has done.
Bruce getting raped would be cheap edgy crap.
There is nothing edgy about MOS/BVS.
>>
>>83040951
It happens in The Death of Batman. He gets locked up and raped, then he kills himself or something.
>>
>>83041008
Hello Anon. You seem to misunderstand how a good convincing point is made. Resorting to hyperbole immediately deflates any kind of argument you are attempting to make.
>>
>>83041051
Oh, so we can't go back and look at the historical record and put two and two togeher and see that the writing was on the wall, and he neer should have been allowed near the DCEU, let alone be made the primary architect of it? And out of context? Whether it be a joke or not, it demonstrates a lack of autism deep in the spectrum as he doesn't consider Nolan's movies dark by the CBM spectrum, but sees nothing wrong wih his own movies, and considers complaints about them unfair? What an unrepentant piece of shit.
>>
>>83041078
Millennial jail is filled with homos so it doesn't surprise me
>>
>rape is common and accepted in america
That's fucked up tbqh senpai
>>
>>83041152
>Oh, so we can't go back and look at the historical record and put two and two togeher and see that the writing was on the wall,

You had your own opinion of Snyder before you went looking for this interview and are looking for anything and everything that can be willfully distorted to fit your already agreed upon outlook.

Snyder was joking. The joke in the context of the interview makes mistake. He was referring to how the Nolan movies are "dark" and "realistic" and argues instead that they're not either. They're cool. Batman trains with ninjas and gets to go to a tibetan academy. That's cool as hell.

If it was "dark" and "realistic" he would've been raped in prison. At no point does Snyder say that's what he would've done. At no point does he say that he wants to make that movie. In fact he repeatedly refers to Watchmen, the movie the interview was about, as a satire.

You are completely fucking wrong.
>>
>>83041152
>put two and two together and somehow getting five for the answer
You're deliberately misrepresenting what the man is saying.
>>
>>83041153
Good point. Me and this older officer say it's this huge generation of crack babies. he once told how shocked he was to see an inmate with tits back in the early 90's.
>>
>>83041187
It's funny though
After you get raped you laugh and your family laughs and you become guy that got a weenie in his butt
>>
File: 1450358804731.png (7 KB, 351x322) Image search: [Google]
1450358804731.png
7 KB, 351x322
>>83040777
>Synder

/pol/ was right
>>
File: 1429065405080.jpg (269 KB, 489x493) Image search: [Google]
1429065405080.jpg
269 KB, 489x493
>>83041122
That sounds so stupid it's causing me physical pain.
>>
>>83041232
>You had your own opinion of Snyder before you went looking for this interview and are looking for anything and everything that can be willfully distorted to fit your already agreed upon outlook.
Funny concept? There is more than one person who doesn't like Zack Snyder, and there sure as shit are more than one person who doesn't like his movies. Just because I happen to feel that these comments paint a picture that he should have never been hired doesn't mean I went looking for them. I didn't, but I am sure as shit grateful to whomever did.

As for his never saying he would have done it in a movie, it does not matter. That is what he cognitively goes to as his definition of dark. Following that logic, anything short of that is not dark according to him. As the guy in charge of bringing Superman and the DCU to life for a new generation, that is a fucking problem. No wonder he doesn't think his movies are dark. No one has been raped in them...yet.
>>
>>83040777
>" I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool."
Why does Snyder talk like a teenage girl?
>>
>>83041232
A fucking joke?
Have you see his other interviews? Snyder is everything but ironic, and rape isn't far from what he believea comic books should be.
He said he used to read heavy metal and when a friend of him gave a cape comic he found weird there wasn't any sex or explicit violence and that's why he found watchmen to be in his mindset
Fucking snyderfags
>>
>>83041461
Are you saying rape isn't dark?
>>
>>83040777
>OP post this on /tv/ gets 0 replies

>post in on /co/ replies immediately

Stop you fucking idiots
>>
>>83041506
I mean if Heavy metal was the only comics he read than yeah the lack of tits and violence would be quite surprising.
>>
>>83040777
oh, this again? old news. find some fresh outrage
>>
>>83041506
>
He said he used to read heavy metal and when a friend of him gave a cape comic he found weird there wasn't any sex or explicit violence and that's why he found watchmen to be in his mindset

He also said he was a pre-teen in that interview.

Do you have any idea of how completely pathetic you are coming across right now?

>"F-Fucking Snyder, h-h-he said that rape is DARK. And I read this interview and I bet you more than ANYTHING if he could make all of his movies about rape he would!!"
>>
>>83041548
Has /tv/ seen the Rebirth spoilers and taken them to their logical conclusion (Johns literally shitting on Snyder) yet?
>>
>this fucking thread again
>>
>>83041659
Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder have almost entirely the exact same sensibilities and the only difference is that Snyder attempts a more artistic bent while Johns goes for a more populist and less divisive perspective.
>>
>>83040777
But Batman's been raped in the comics...
>>
>>83041719
ok but Johns directly blamed the Watchmen movie and WB's DC movie push for the grimdarkness that was the new 52
>>
>>83041726
Men can't get raped not even by other men
That's just men expressing who's alpha
>>
>>83041767
>new 52
>grimdarkness

Why are Johnfags so fucking retarded
>>
>>83041726
No he hasn't. Stop with this fucking meme already.
>>
>>83041823
>Watchmen movie literally led to a universe without love

stay mad Snyderfag
>>
>>83041534
I am saying rape is not the only thing that is dark. I am saying there are things more and less extreme than rape that are dark. I am saying that Snyder's comments whether joke or not (because there is always truth in a joke) rape is the line that Snyder uses to differentiate between dark and not dark, and that shouldn't be the case because not only do I consider rape to be dark, I consider it to minimally be in that part of the dark pool where the shallow end becomes the deep end if not part of the deep end. I am saying Snyder saying this should have disqualified him from designing a cinematic universe about characters who people lost interest in during the 60's because they were considered too idealistic and too inspiring, and WB should have given the reigns instead to someone who'd draw the line between dark and not dark with something on the pool steps or someone who just agreed with the notion that Nolan's movies were darker and more realistic than the average comic book movie.
>>
why doesn't gordon just rape the joker? he's raped other people before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAU9IEkdT_M
>>
>>83041859
How it is a meme? Talia definitely raped him because Morrison misremembered the scene
>>
File: 1463334348227.jpg (28 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
1463334348227.jpg
28 KB, 590x442
Is meme magic real?
>>
>>83041767
>WB's DC movie push for the grimdarkness that was the new 52
>>>
> Anonymous 05/22/16(Sun)15:21:16 No.83041812▶
>>>83041726
>ok but Johns directly blamed the Watchmen movie and WB's DC movie push for the grimdarkness that was the new 52

No he didn't. If we're to read into ANYTHING, it's the overall influence Watchmen has had over comics in general that he's criticizing. If you think that WB is the one who pushed grimdark onto DC after the release of Watchmen in 2010, you are utterly delusional with absolutely no sense of the history of DC Comics in the last 15 years.

Here's a hint for you: DC's brand of grimdark has been going long and strong since 2004.
>>
>>83041890
Anon. I want you to stop for a moment. I want you to read over your entire post. I want you to think for a second, reflect on how long you took to make that post. Did you proofread it? Did you think it over?

That crack Snyder made about rape being dark? It was from an interview where he was point blank asked a question and responded. Rape is dark. He was making a brief analogy that led into a greater point, one that he was completely right about .

You need to stop.
>>
>>83041905
No she didn't. Actual rape would be him being held down as she was going to town on him with a strap on. Unless she was 600 pounds, he wasn't raped.
>>
>>83042042
oh you're memeing then, I don't care
>>
>>83040905
Kill yourself goat fucking redneck
>>
>>83042042
she drugged him
>>
File: MARTHA.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
MARTHA.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>83040777
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>83042085
>oh you're memeing then
It's really quite easy to say this when you know you're wrong, isn't it.
>>
>He's talking about Watchmen!
Why would Batman get raped in Watchmen?
>>
>>83042181
Go read the interview instead of parroting manufactured outrage and you just might find out my friend.
>>
>>83040777

Oh, Schillinger, you crazy bitch.
>>
>>83042249
I did. And it seem like you guys are inventing new ways to read words in order to defend the guy. He's talking immediately about Batman, not Watchmen. He says that "could" happen in his movie.

And here's the thing. That "could" is important. Because Watchmen HAS rape in it already. It DOES happen in his movie. There's no hypothetical there. So the only way that sentence works as a hypothetical "that could happen in my movie" statement is if he's talking about were he to do Batman. Which is what the "parrots" are saying.
>>
File: 1434249239013.jpg (129 KB, 710x696) Image search: [Google]
1434249239013.jpg
129 KB, 710x696
>>83040777

this shit gets posted everyday, fuck off Disney shill.
>>
>>83041122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAXIMoZuBM
>>
>>83040777
Even if he's just joking, this and comments like "can't take superheroes cereal having a conversation in their pijamas for more than 5 minutes" sure tells you his mental state is closer to an egdy teenager. His sense of whatever the hell he considers realistic is fucked up. Wonder what kind of event turned Zack into an edgelord who worships sweaty manly torsos.
>>
Snyder is the best comic book director in Hollywood, honestly.
>>
>>83042603
>Wonder what kind of event turned Zack into an edgelord who worships sweaty manly torsos.
Being into heavy metal comics and just being a general chad meathead. The problem is when the meathead thinks he's being intelligent.
>>
>>83042490
He's saying in absolutely no unclear terms that if Batman was a Watchmen character, he could be raped in prison. And he is correct because rape is a theme in that movie and it would not be entirely out of place.

There is literally no other way to interpret this.
>>
>>83042181
With no plotarmor, it makes sense.
>responsible for most criminals there
>no gadgets
>no alfred
Just make the riddle plan the gangbang and voila!
>>
>>83042009
I'll do no such thing. I was asked a question, and I responded to it. If I happen to be more verbose than Snyder, I'll let you becide what that means, but what I will not allow is the declaration that Snyder was right, because he hasn't been. Ever. About anything.
>>
>>83042490
>He says that "could" happen in his movie.

"his movie" is Watchmen you stupid fucking idiot, this interview is 6 years old.
>>
>>83042723
>If I happen to be more verbose than Snyder

lmao, allow me to repeat myself:

>Do you have any idea of how completely pathetic you are coming across right now?
>>
File: 1461856261111.jpg (322 KB, 1279x752) Image search: [Google]
1461856261111.jpg
322 KB, 1279x752
>>83040961
Hope you guys still be around when the first leaks of JK Simmons Gordon show up.
>>
>>83042653
Chad's don't read comics, Heavy Metal is good as hell, and if you think that reading superhero comics makes you more intelligent than Heavy Metal's audience, well...
>>
>>83042750
Batman is not a Watchmen character.
>>
>>83042830
Didn't say he actually read them just that he was into them. He looks at the pictures and doesn't read anything.
>>
>>83040777
>Zack Snyder Wanted To RAPE Batman.
Didn't he do that already with his movie?
>>
>>83042860
No he did not say that. He said he was a fan more of the art than the writing. You invented the implication that he doesn't like to or know how to read in order to serve your own purpose.
>>
how would batman even let anyone in prison near his butthole? this is a dude who can fight multiple people twice his size at once
>>
File: rebirth-stupid.jpg (137 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
rebirth-stupid.jpg
137 KB, 600x800
>>83042842
Not yet
>>
>>83042842
He is saying that Batman could be raped in his movie. His movie is Watchmen. He is referring to the difference in tone and story elements between Batman Begins (A movie that he does not consider particularly dark) and Watchmen.

I do appreciate the irony in the fact that people are so quick to criticize Snyder for being stupid despite the fact that they are completely incapable of reading comprehension.
>>
>>83042174
>everyone knows men cant be raped :^)
>>
>>83043454
I just said they could, you non reading blockhead. A 90 pound woman holding a man down and fucking him is not rape. Especially when all he has to fucking do is roll over.
>>
File: no_shit_sherlock.gif (16 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
no_shit_sherlock.gif
16 KB, 400x330
>>83040807
>Snyder was joking and his point was that the Nolan movies aren't realistic.
>Batman isn't realistic
next you're gonna tell me Santa Claus isn't real and that the earth is round
>>
>>83043545
But it is, shitlord
>>
>>83044430
>shitlord
Of course I was being trolled.
>>
>>83044464
Trolled? The reason batman couldn't fight her off is because of the shock her aggressive manner caused in him. Ptsd, anxiety and panic attacks are real and can happen to anyone. I'm glad to spread awareness and educate the likes of you.
>>
>>83041895
He's been over this, it has to be Batman and no one else. Batdick is the symbol the criminals need to fear.
>>
i think im starting to really like this snyder fellow. mostly just because he triggers all you shitlords so fucking hard.
>>
>>83041658
Pathetic? Come on, anon. Snyder clearly said yeah when he was a teenager he used to read HM and cape comics seen clearly different from him which explains a lot of his opinion and mindset about heroes
You clearly are putting words in my mouth because you can't accept the fact Snyder obviously has a different idea of how to aprouch the concept of heroes and now you get by making a twisted version of what I said
>And I read this interview and I bet you more than ANYTHING if he could make all of his movies about rape he would!!"

Oh because according to you is a joke when he says something but clearly I'm reading wrong when it comes to show his thoughts on cape movies.
Delusional prick
>>
http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First 300, now Watchmen — have you always been a comics fan?
ZACK SNYDER: I came to comic books through my mother. I loved fantasy art — I love Frank Frazetta [the famed illustrator known for adult-oriented, sword-and-sorcery, and sci-fi imagery]. I went to boarding school. You weren’t allowed too many posters up, and everything I set up was slightly inappropriate. Frazetta’s naked girls, ripped up guys — the kids were like, ”What the hell?!” They had their Boy George posters up, I had crazy Frazetta. My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”
>>
File: 1415875534612.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1415875534612.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
>>83041113
>There is nothing edgy about MOS/BVS
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.