[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the best comic book gangster? Any good comics about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: mbster.jpg (5 KB, 179x281) Image search: [Google]
mbster.jpg
5 KB, 179x281
Who's the best comic book gangster? Any good comics about mafia? Why is Joker such a faggot and Penguin is so great?
>>
File: Dead End 1937 -William Wyler.webm (558 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Dead End 1937 -William Wyler.webm
558 KB, 960x720
People say Hawks invented the genre with Scarface, but Cagney was modernity.
>>
>>83040426
I remember there being one comic, can't remember its name, about a gangster working for demons (and it was considered blase as fuck), where he could inflict any wound received on anyone who touched him.

And each time he "died" he saw someone he loved in the limbo world. Pretty cool.
>>
Wilson Fisk
>>
File: image.jpg (843 KB, 652x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
843 KB, 652x869
>>
>>83040426

Any good comics about mafia?

Valentine's Catwoman run. Other than that I'm not sure, I'm mainly a Big2fag and I just don't think it's something that seriously tackled all that often there.

Though books that usually touch on it inculde: Daredevil, Punisher, Batman, Catwoman, Green Arrow, etc. Street levelers basically.

You'd probably be best-served looking into indie-stuff.
>>
File: thedarknessdojetpbv01_cov-web.jpg (197 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
thedarknessdojetpbv01_cov-web.jpg
197 KB, 585x900
>>83042580
Darkness?
>>
>>83042927
No. I distinctly remember this comic have demons that looked hairy (like Beast) and with horns, that were more or less bound to natural laws like humans. Another thing is that there wasn't traditional coloring. Lots of use of reds, whites, and blacks.
>>
File: 250px-Turf1_cover.jpg (38 KB, 250x382) Image search: [Google]
250px-Turf1_cover.jpg
38 KB, 250x382
>>83043206
Not big two
Turf
The narrative is set in 1920s Prohibition-era New York and features period typical gangsters alongside vampires and aliens.
>>
>>83044354
Masks and Mobsters is a noir crime anthology written by Joshua Williamson with a rotating team of artists to showcase the standalone stories set in the fictional Golden City where the mob has started to fight back against those who would try to steal their piece of the pie.
>>
File: 1397038418048.gif (508 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1397038418048.gif
508 KB, 500x282
>>83044354
>Image Comics
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>83044354
>someone else remembers Turf

THAT WAS HELLA OF A WEIRD RIDE.
>>
>>83040426
Jesus. Some of these recommendations make me wonder if some of the anons in this thread read anything outside of superhero comics.

Anyway, some gangster/mafia/mob comics recs (includes comics about the Russian mob and other "non-Italian" mob/mafia groups):

- Road to Perdition (Paradox Press)
- Torpedo (IDW)
- Criminal (Image Comics)
- Richard Stark's Parker by Darwyn Cooke (IDW)
- The Fade Out (Image Comics)
- Blue Estate (Image Comics)
- Luna Park (DC/Vertigo)
- The White Suits (Dark Horse Comics)
- Damned (BOOM! Studios)
- Murder Book (Dark Horse Comics)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.