[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of his comics or appearances actually good? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Blade.jpg (19 KB, 228x283) Image search: [Google]
Blade.jpg
19 KB, 228x283
Are any of his comics or appearances actually good? I've always loved the movies and wanted to get into the comics but never knew if they were worth reading
>>
>>83038629
That Chaykin-illustrated series from 5-10 years ago was dope. That's all that comes to mind for me, though
>>
The anime was good
>>
>>83038629
i like him in Captain Britain and MI13
>>
>>83038629

>Blade is still the best Marvel movie to date
>>
>>83038629
The old Tomb of Dracula comics are pretty great.
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be a Blade ongoing about his daughter taking up the mantle in ANAD reboot? What happened to that? I hope it never got past planning
>>
>>83041046
1st movie
>Kills his mother
>Kills a fat, child-eating piece of shit
>Kills vamp god

2nd movie
>Kills vampire vampires
>Aborts vampire vampires
>Literally bathes in blood

3rd movie
>Vampire vagina confirmed(?)
>Ultra vampire that shits on everyone
>The fucking bloodfarm

It'll never be topped famalam, and that saddens me.
>>
>>83038629
Ultimate Avengers 3 by Millar
>>
>>83041132
Some shit went down with the original artist, so the book had to be put on the backburner until they found a new artist. They announced a couple months ago that they've found a new artist and the book is going to be coming out but they're waiting until after Civil War to release it so it doesn't get cannibalized in sales by having to compete with an event and event tie-ins.

Also it's a book about Blade training his daughter in the art of vampire hunting. Not really a "taking up the mantle" so much as "joining the family business." Don't really get why people were so angry about it. Seeley is a good writer.
>>
>>83041132
Pretty sure it got shut down because SJWs got mad a whitey was writing it
They literally prevented a black female comic from coming iut because it wasn't progressive enough. Squashed representation because it wasn'tgood enough. I bet they couldn't name a black writer that isn't Mcduffie or Priest too.
>>
>>83041420
>muh bogeyman
>>
>>83041385
>Some shit went down with the original artist, so the book had to be put on the backburner until they found a new artist.

OH THANK GOD.

I hated that art
>>
>>83041483
Makes me wonder if they're going to have the new artist stick to Faerber's designs or if they're redesigning them all from the ground up.
>>
>>83041420
>Pretty sure it got shut down because SJWs got mad a whitey was writing it
Anon, not everything is the fault of your evil boogeyman conspiracy. The artist was shit and flaked. Marvel delayed the book until they could find a better artist. They have, and the book is going to be coming out with Seeley (a white man) still writing it but with a new artist attached.
>>
>>83041262
Blade 2 is still my favorite Marvel movie. Everything about it was so fucking good.
>>
We have came from a point where comic book movies and the acting roles were considered the lowest most embarassing degrading dead career shit to literally every actor begging for some role today in a comic book movie.

How in the actual fuck.

Wesley is desperate to play the role he literally gave so little of a fuck about that he wouldn't/couldn't even open his eyes when asked to. Because comics have went from getting so baked and not giving a fuck to wanting badly to make mad mad cash.

Its mind boggling.
>>
>>83043296
It wasn't the role it was the movie. The Last Blade was a long ass commercial and With a Blade cameo for a Night Stalkers spinoff. And it was horrible.
>>
>>83043296
Actually apparently Snipes was being obstinate and an asshole throughout the whole film, constantly antagonizing cast members and crew.
This was when this investigation into his finances that put him in jail was going on so he was probably stressed and on edge.
>>
File: 1462253998307.jpg (2 KB, 259x181) Image search: [Google]
1462253998307.jpg
2 KB, 259x181
yup , I hate him but I love the lore .
>>
>>83040790
seconded
>>
>>83043296
it only got so low because the clooney Batnipplesman was such a joke, but Blade was just another blockbuster franchise that happened to be comicbook based. A few other forgettable comicbook movies later, RDJ makes magic with IM1, and now we are here in the Golden Age of Comicbook movies
>>
>>83042380
Blade 1 was the best one, IMO. It had some really interesting scene, balanced the violence out with stupid jokes about violence and featured few enough characters for you to give a damn.

Blade 2 was just an action movie with too many damn people who didn't do shit.

>>83043296
You're not bringing up the the fact that two Ghost Rider movies exist in such a rant?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.