[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, I loved it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: Iron Man 3.jpg (18 KB, 216x324) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man 3.jpg
18 KB, 216x324
Fuck you, I loved it.
>>
I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Not enough was made of the "I used Extremis to heal my chest wound". They should have made more of Tony taking Extremis and using it to heal, like Maya would have wanted.

I did love the double fake Mandarin reveal. The stinger, however, should not have been wasted on Tony blabbing to Bruce, but on a teaser of the REAL Mandarin.
>>
>>83033962
didn't a marvel one-shot retcon the mcu to actually having a real mandarin somewhere?
>>
>>83033695
Fuck you, this was complete and utter shit. Iron Man 1 > Iron Man 2 > Iron Man 3. The first movie was incredible, the second was alright, the third was trash. I can't believe they had so many AMAZING armor designs and they literally just used them for COOL CGI EXPLOSIONS WHEW in the finale.
>>
I liked it too
>>
>>83033695
>>83033962

As long as you realize you're in the minority.

>>83034017

It was a back pedal because people didn't like Mandarin. The twist was good but you left audiences with Killian, what'd you expect?
>>
File: spiderman3.jpg (81 KB, 483x720) Image search: [Google]
spiderman3.jpg
81 KB, 483x720
It's my favorite one
>>
>>83034107
>The twist was good but you left audiences with Killian, what'd you expect?
If it was a female Killian I would have accepted it. Damn the toy marketing people. And since when did we even see Killian toys anyway?
>>
>>83034157
I like Spider-Man 3 but would you mind explaining why it's your favorite?
>>
>>83034182

Even if Killian was good and/or female, people would still complain about the Mandarin and they would've had a good reason to. Any time you take a character that should be important and make a joke out of them, it's going to anger some people. And Mandarin really needed a revitalized look.
>>
>>83034187
I agree with it being a stupid fucking movie that has too much shit going on, but that's what makes it so fun and entertaining.
>>
>>83034075
Second is objectively worse than 3.
>>
File: 23134154124.png (269 KB, 354x336) Image search: [Google]
23134154124.png
269 KB, 354x336
Not so commonly accepted movie opinions thread?

Winter Soldier > The First Avenger > Civil War

Thor 2 > Thor

Just my preference, I'm not saying it's a fact or anything.
>>
>>83033695
I want to see that kid who helped him return a few years older and inspired to do his own superhero thing with gadgets and stuff.
Who could he be, /co/?
>>
>>83034430
>Winter Soldier > The First Avenger > Civil War

This isn't unnaceptable. Most people thought TWS is better than Civil War.
>>
>>83034430
I think the first half of First Avenger is the best of the MCU, and the second half is the worst.
>>
>>83034725
I mean yeah, but most people agree that the first one is the weakest.

Personally I liked it better because it was a full Cap story. I feel like Civil War was too much of an Avengers movie and I wanted the last movie to be more of a standalone story. Felt like Stark got all the emotional scenes and development and Steve's arc got sidelined.
>>
>>83034017

Yeah, 'all hail the king'.

>>83034075
>complete and utter shit.

No, not complete and utter.

>>83034107
>you realize you're in the minority.

I do, but what can we do about it anyway? The movie exists.

>>83034334
>objectively

That is objectively wrong.
>>
>>83034685
You mean return as the Tinkerer, a villain? Because if they brought him back that's probably what they would do.
>>
>>83034823

The problem with the First Avenger were the two montages. The first with Steve being a stage show was boring and drawn out. Then the second is him doing all the good action stuff of taking down Hydra facilities was just a montage when it should've taken up more of the film.

Also, the CGI aged horribly. Like Sky Captain horrible.
>>
>>83034889
That could be neat, but does he really have enough animosity to be a villain? Especially towards Tony, they bantered but I can't see the kid holding a grudge over it. Maybe if he just did the unsanctioned hero thing a little too hard and Tony had to bring him in or something?
>>
>>83034917
>The first with Steve being a stage show was boring and drawn out.
I have never disagreed more with anyone in this site in all my time here. To me that was the GOAT.
>>
>>83034334
>objectively
Your objectivity is objectively wrong.
>>
>>83034950
He was poor. Tony gave him a taste of nice things, when they run out he doesn't have the means to replenish them. He uses what he has and his inelegance to make money unethically.

He doesn't have to dislike Tony at all, but if Tony sees himself as the reason the kid turned to crime, then we get more of the same old Iron Guilt. I still really want to see Tony's drinking problem explored on the big screen.
>>
>>83035110
>inelegance
God damn you spell check.
>>
>>83035110
>I still really want to see Tony's drinking problem explored on the big screen.
Me too, him drunkenly fighting Rhody in 2 was fantastic, and watching him stumble around in the armor was also amazing.
I would think the Tinkerer kid would be more roguish with his crimes though, having been on the victim-side of bullying for a long time I'd expect him to have some morality when it comes to getting what he wants, an aversion to hurting people (who don't have it coming) and only taking what he needs.
Still at the end of the day, good or bad, he'd still be sort of a meta, operating outside of the Sokovia accords, forcing Tony to take him down/in.
Shit, if done well enough that could be the entire crux of another movie, continuing the "dealing with repercussions of us superheroing" arc of Tony's character. Iron Man 4 fucking when?
>>
Man, Kingsley's Mandarin would have been superior to literally anything else. Even if they follow up on All Hail the King it's going to be a disappointment.
>>
>>83034993
>>83034840
3's problems are all subjective. 2 had a fundamentally broken plot structure.
>>
File: thomas_price-1.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
thomas_price-1.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>>83035495

I was rooting for Thomas Price.

He's British-Chinese, like the Mandarin's supposed to be.
>>
>>83034107
What minority? I've never seen people outside of 4Chan hating it, it got good reviews and it's the only Marvel solo movie to get more than a billion (well, now there's CW too)
>>
>>83034107
>>83034840
>>83035894
>As long as you realize you're in the minority.
Much like DKR, this movie is really well liked outside of /co/
>muh Mandarin
>>
>>83035954
Nah, Iron Man 3 was divisive even outside of the Internet.

Meanwhile everyone I've ever talked to loved TDKR so I really do think the hate for that movie is the minority.
>>
I liked it too, for the most part. Just wish the final battle wasn't so shitty.
>>
>>83036520
I wonder if it had been better if it climaxed with all the Kryptonians getting pulled into the Phantom Zone and skipping the final Zod/Superman fight and necksnap, maybe save Zod and friends for a sequel return or something.
>>
>>83033695
I liked that Killian was Mandarin was Fin Fang Foom
also I liked the plot, designs and fuck you, I liked that kid
>>
>>83033695
Fuck you, every aldrich killian, mandarin hating bitch should be crucified and ass raped. I am not even joking im legit pissed. Fuck you op!
>>
File: 1450416021352.png (616 KB, 1023x785) Image search: [Google]
1450416021352.png
616 KB, 1023x785
i avoid the MCU after the first captain america movie.
i saw age of ultron the other day, it was trash, but vision scenes blew my fucking mind.

why cant marvel be more about the cool stuff rather than their headcanon characters and unexisting development?
>>
>>83039793
Watch The Winter Soldier, it's agreed to be one, if not the best of the MCU.
>>
>>83034075
Got to agree.
>>
>>83033695
I liked it a lot. It subverted so many things. The villain, your expectations of Iron Man's suit (the prodigal son returns), and the kid. On top of it all it has the best Tony Stark growth in any MCU movie he's in.

Yes, Iron Man 1 is still probably the 'better movie' just like TWS is still probably a 'better movie' than Civil War. But, I like IM3 and Civil War better than IM1 and TWS respectively.

The only thing I don't really like is Tony implies he'll perfect Extremis in the end when all he actually does is probably just 'curing' Pepper of it.
>>
>>83033695
Better than Thor at least.
>>
File: 1647937-ring.jpg (938 KB, 1912x794) Image search: [Google]
1647937-ring.jpg
938 KB, 1912x794
>>83033695
It gets such a bad rep for Reynolds Hal but I thought he was spot on the personality, also the cgi but what do you expect from mind created green constructs.
>>
>>83034017
Yeah those one-shots were always cop-outs for the rabid fans or stupid masses. All Hail the King is an example of the former, while The Consultant was for the latter. People were stupid enough to think Tony was talking about recruiting Abomination at the end of TIH so they reconned that into their reality.
>>
>>83039793
>unexisting development
You should watch more of the MCU. Civil War is the culmination of Tony and Steve's arcs going back to their first movie and including all of their appearances up to it.
>>
File: 1463778283642.jpg (36 KB, 480x534) Image search: [Google]
1463778283642.jpg
36 KB, 480x534
>>83033695
>>
>>83044830
Parallax looked like a literal shit monster.
>>
>>83044830

E A R T H
A
R
T
H
>>
File: pic394[1].jpg (20 KB, 275x216) Image search: [Google]
pic394[1].jpg
20 KB, 275x216
No fuck you. I wanted THIS Mandarin. You know, the real one.
>>
>>83033695
Better than Iron Man 2, Thor, First Avenger, The Dark World, and Age of Ultron at least. Yeah, it was O.K.
>>
>>83033695
Underrated on /co/ but love is a strong word
>>
>>83033695
>>
>>83044830
Why did everything in that movie look like plastic covered in vaseline?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.