[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OOGA BOOGA BOOGA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: courage.jpg (18 KB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
courage.jpg
18 KB, 320x237
Would this running gag fly in this modern era? My sister asked me "why are you watching this racist garbage?"
>>
>spooky mask
>racist
Nigga get the fuck out.
>>
>racist
Nigga what? I think you're lying.
>>
>watch where you going, you fool!
>>
>African traditional religions which involve the use of sacred masks to evoke the gods are racist

Tell your sister she's the racist for shitting on African religion
>>
File: 800px-Traditional_dogon_masque.jpg (256 KB, 800x1198) Image search: [Google]
800px-Traditional_dogon_masque.jpg
256 KB, 800x1198
>>83032644
>>83032703
Do you think Courage was written in a vacuum? They're fucking making fun of tribal africans. I don't think it's racist, but my sister was pretty pissed. I'm curious if we're just a bunch of disconnected edgelords or if people like her are the psychopaths. Hard to know when I only talk about cartoons on the internet.
>>
>OOGA BOOGA BIX NOOD
I can see why people would cry about it. I feel like an old man.
>>
>>83032764
Oh so ALL scary masks are African, huh?

Nigga shut your ignorant mouth. Racists like you disgust me.
>>
>You got that shiner from a frog
>You girly dog

Fuck this sexist show... I am so glad we don't live in the crappy 90s any more.
>>
>>83032764
Either this is a 2/10 troll or you and your sister are retarded
>>
>>83032764
Your sister is retarded and you're not much better. That's just a spooky witch/ogre mask. You'll find them all over the world.
>>
File: 8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg (98 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg
98 KB, 500x375
>>83032764
nigga, you serious?
>>
>>83033070
>that's just a spooky witch/ogre mask
What? You sound like a fucking child. How is that not in the style of Tribal masks? How is "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA" not in reference to niggers in Africa? Are ghosts known to say OOOGA BOOOGA NIGGA? No. Are zombies? NO. Is Frankenstein? NO. Why are you denying that Eustace is mirroring Africans? Is it because awkknowledging that would awknoledge the show is fucking racist? I don't think riffing other cultures is racist, but my sister does. Which begs the question: Does Cartoon Network think its racist? That'd kill a reboot unless it's launched on Adult Swim.
>>
>>83032866
>Oh so ALL scary masks are African, huh?
No. Just ones with elonged faces supplemented with the character dancing around screaming BIX NOOD MY NIGGA OOGA BOOGA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ooga_Booga

Ooga booga clearly harkens to africa. Surely I'm not the only non-retard here. It's an interesting topic, no?
>>
>>83035368
Your link says Polynesian. Although it also refers to Africans. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2579836/ If your point is our modern age is too sensitive for a cartoon from fucking less than 20 years ago, you've got that point.
>hurrr you're """demonizing""" """savages""" omg i am like totally mad right now are you kidding meee
>>
File: 936.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>83032607
>>
>>83035554
How is it bait you fucking autist? Can you see how it looks like you're blindly reacting? Is it so wrong to wanna talk about something different? You're free to go back to your typical circle jerks about Steven Universe or Batman etc in other threads.
>>
This thread has devolved into complete fucking madness, but no, it isn't racist to simply mention or reference a different culture.
>>
>>83036583
It's not even referencing another culture, it's just a goofy monster mask. That's it. Like if you were talking about that one Asian guy, then you might have an argument about racism in courage.
>>
>>83037354
>Gets piles of evidence that it's a reference to those fucking tribals instead of Le Dracula :DDD
>still decides to act like OOGA BIX NOODA is no different than BOO I AM A GHOST
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.