[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finished young justice and I really enjoyed it, are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Young_Justice_-_Usual_Suspects.jpg (84 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Young_Justice_-_Usual_Suspects.jpg
84 KB, 1366x768
I finished young justice and I really enjoyed it, are there any good comics with those same characters that I should check out?
>>
No.
>>
>>83032050
Thanks for the help dude, really appreciate all those reasons you added
>>
File: Jaime Reyes.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Jaime Reyes.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>83032015
>>
>>83032015
Also, if there's any good teen titans comics I would appreciate recommendations
>>
>>83032015
>I finished young justice and I really enjoyed it, are there any good comics with those same characters that I should check out?
Uh... maybe the actual Young Justice comic?
>>
File: Teen Titans.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Teen Titans.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>83032127
Also, pic related. Not sure what issue Johns began with but it was pretty cool. You can read beyond that as well. /co/ complained about characters dying and that crappy Amazons Attack tie-in but I enjoyed it to the very end (pre-Flashpoint, after that the whole company rebooted and I hadn't ready any New52)
>>
>>83032090
He's right. Young Justice is an amalgamated team that's never existed in the comics made up of characters plucked from different times in DC history.

Robin is Dick Grayson and he stopped being Robin in the 80's. The only YJ team member he ever actually worked with was Kid Flash, who also stopped being Kid Flash in the 80's. If you want to read the 80s New Teen Titans you can, they're good, but they're nothing like the show. Both Dick and Wally have long histories and decades of comics to go through, if you're interested. Just google it and pick a run. If you want to see Dick, Wally and Roy all together, check out the late 90's Titans book by Devin Grayson. It has Roy as a dad and it's an okay run.

Zatanna has always been a Justice League member and has never associated with any teen heroes. Her personality in the show has little to do with her personality in the comics. Paul Dini did a decent book for her in the late 00s, if you're interested. She also gets a big role in Morrison's Seven Soldiers.

Miss Martian was a background character with no personality for a short couple of years in the 00s. She has nothing in common with the Young Justice Megan.

Aqualad was also created in the 00s. He was around for like, a year, before the New 52 reboot got rid of him. There's nothing to read.

Artemis in the comics is Tigress, an Infinity Inc. villain with little-to-no personality or relevance, and no relation to Sportsmaster or Cheshire. The cartoon version is a completely different character.

Superboy in the comics is good because he's the exact opposite of Young Justice. His 90's solo series was amazing.

Rocket was a supporting character for Icon, a Milestone Comics character that DC tried to fold into the DCU for a brief moment when the YJ cartoon was being made. Icon is a great comic, but it has fuck-all to do with the DCU.

There, you happy?
>>
>>83032260
We complained because Teen Titans took PAD's Young Justice (which was amazing) and the Titans franchise (which we all hoped would find its feet again because we loved the classic team) and made an abomination of both.

What Johns did to Impulse will never be forgiven. That plus de-ageing and regressing BB & Raven. Turning Rose Wilson into Ravager was a good move, though.
>>
>>83032387
I didn't mean that it had to be the exact same team as the show, I wanted to see things that they were involved in too
>>83032127
>>83032260
These are pretty good examples of what I wanted
>>
File: 1452194413970__1_.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1452194413970__1_.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>83032015

>He unironically enjoyed Young Justice
>>
>>83032015
Well, teen titans vol 3 would be a good start. Although in place of miss martian,, you would have wonder girl. But the best part is you'll read about best titans member Rose Wilson. Why the cartoon was trying to push shity blue beetle instead of actual cool memebers, I have no idea.
>>
>>83032015
You could check out the actual comic tie-in to Young Justice. It came out from 2011 to 2013 and had around 25 or 26 issues total. It had canon stories from the show's continuity. Most of them took place between season one episodes, and the last arc took place right before season two started after the time-skip.

The writing is fine, but it becomes better once Weisman starts writing around issue seven. The art also improves around that time.

You could also read the original YJ run by PAD. It's pretty good and the show took some stuff from it, but it's very different in tone.

>>83032387
>Artemis in the comics is Tigress, an Infinity Inc. villain with little-to-no personality or relevance, and no relation to Sportsmaster or Cheshire. The cartoon version is a completely different character.

This is a bit incorrect. In the comics, she is Sportsmaster's daughter and gets some focus, but not to the extent YJ did. The show and the tie-in have some nods to the main comics version.
>>
File: 1414046669408.jpg (669 KB, 2211x666) Image search: [Google]
1414046669408.jpg
669 KB, 2211x666
>>83033791
Yeah, she even showed up in BatB before YJ started.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.