[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /co/'s opinion on Adventure Time? I still enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Finn.png (147 KB, 285x295) Image search: [Google]
Finn.png
147 KB, 285x295
What's /co/'s opinion on Adventure Time? I still enjoy it, but whenever someone brings it up in a non-AT thread it's usually to complain about relationship drama that ended two years ago.
>>
>>83031955
I don't like its art style.
>>
>>83031955
Love the show, killing self when it ends.
>>
Season 7 has been pretty good so far, but I think most everyone dropped it after Season 6.
>>
>>83031969

The art style was knocked off from street art.

One example is Os Gemeos.. among many others.

Now every time someone draws in a similar to style people go "Hey that looks like adventure time" even though adventure time didn't invent that style of art.
>>
>>83031986
I can understand that, I felt season 6's finale was handled clumsily.
>>
>>83031986
I dropped it midway through season 6 out of pure disinterest, is there any point to picking it up again?
>>
>>83032056
If you enjoyed the show in the past, you'll enjoy it more that season 6.
If you're one of those people that only watch it for backstory so they can theorize with other people then you'll enjoy a decent amount of it.
>>
>>83031955
You can't fool me, that's a garabatoz pic isn't it?
>>
>>83031955
I always felt like SU failed in what AT had done, and that was make the characters naturally charming
>>
File: comblr.png (467 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
comblr.png
467 KB, 1136x640
it has inspired a wave of imitators both abroad and on CN as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIgWgFjTG8A
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxe6xjH1pRs come to mind

and the knock offs are doing adventure time better than adventure time
this new season started off great, but the last few episodes have "we need to mention this broken ass continuity in order to give our self inserts more screen time" syndrome
>>
>>83032196
Yes http://rule34-data-009.paheal.net/_images/65777ce0fdbe06c71781d9209a1a87c7/1878493%20-%20Adventure_Time%20Finn_the_Human%20Flame_Princess%20Marceline%20Princess_Bubblegum%20garabatoz.jpg
>>
I'm a fag who enjoys the songs. "Everything Stays" is legit my favorite Marceline song 2nd favorite being "Who's in Charge Here" from that 3DS/DS game, Rebecca Sugar is honestly one of the better minds of Adventure Time. Leave her to her own devices and you get a nice self-contained mythos and universe(rimshot) rather than her own approach on another man's.
>>
File: Pokey.gif (7 KB, 235x255) Image search: [Google]
Pokey.gif
7 KB, 235x255
>>83032257
wtf is pokey doing there?
>>
>>83032491
>2nd favorite being "Who's in Charge Here" from that 3DS/DS game
muh nigga
>>
>>83032577
showing off his butthole
>>
I enjoy Adventure Time. The only thing that bugs me is the delusion that nobody cares for it. Adventure Time does just as well as Teen Titans Go, but doesn't even get advertised. What does that say? Relationship drama are just butthurt Fubblefags mad they didnt get their Finn and Princess Bubblegum ship to actually happen. Ignore them.
>>
>>83032257
I think you were expecting the show to start closing arcs, rather than opening new ones. Stop complaining.
>>
>>83031955
This is soooo 2013.

Can we talk about other thing? :^(
>>
>>83032182
So os Moe responsible for the Fire Elementals? His memmories are still on Earth, it will probably be used eventually.
>>
>>83033764
>:^(
>soooo
Summer sure is early.
dont reply
>>
>>83033822
What?
>>
>>83031986
Nigga I dropped this shit around season 4 which was when it turned to drama driven garbage.
>>
>>83031955
It was genuinely a great show early on, with a good sense of fun, comedic timing, and "cartoony-ness". It fell by the wayside when it started focusing on dramatic elements. Not to say all of it was bad, but it didn't feel like AT anymore. It really fell off the map when Pen stepped down. I've seen a few clips of the newest season; some were okay and even made me laugh, but I can't put in the effort to keep up anymore.
>>
Every episode has relationship drama

The show's bland and uninteresting. It's lost its comedic edge and seems to just be trudging along.
>>
>>83031955
I genuinely loved Finn's asshole dad, and they resolved the story in one of the worst ways they could. Literally 'I must return to my home planet' level shit.

Generally sums up how a lot of characters have been done in recent seasons.
>>
People just hate it because they want to be contrarian as per usual on this site

or they blame it as some sort of symbol that represents the downfall of western animation

both arguments address fallout caused by the show without really going into any actual substance of the show it's self

i really enjoy the dream-like episodes (think prismo) and psychedelic pseudo philosophy that the show puts forth. watching some casual episodes inbetween those is fine too since i'm invested in these cartoon people after so many seasons
>>
>>83033883
The giant robots from The Cooler are created by Mo. You can see their blueprints and construction of one in the picture that guy provided.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.