[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /co/. I don't know much about Black Widow but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Help me out /co/. I don't know much about Black Widow but supposedly she's a good fighter. How good are we talking? Can she take Iron Fist in hand to hand combat? Can she take Cap?
Who can she beat, who is her equal, who is her better?
I understand any writer can make any character win any fight but I'd like to get some perspective on where she stands. Maybe a chart or list or something.
>>
>>83025942
>Iron Fist
no
>Cap
no
>>
>>83025942
She's Jason Bourne++
>>
She's like Daredevil level.
>>
>>83025942

Hmmm MCU wise, I think it might go

Cap/Bucky
Widow
Clint
Falcon
Tony

Or possibly Clint being on par with Widow h2h wise. Large gap between Falcon and Tony.
>>
>>83025942
Iron Fist is strong as fuck he's Spiderman level like tip top of the Street Level heroes and Cap can be up there too with how good of a fighter he is and his shield, any of them would shit on Widow
>>83026166
No she isn't
>>
>>83026166
I always thought daredevil was one of the best hand to hand marvel combatants
>>
Man I remember the days before MCU when she couldn't even win a fight against regular mooks without Daredevil's help.
>>
>>83026675
I always felt like he's in top three if we are talking about fair, no bullshit hand to hand.

Shang Chi > Danny Rand > Matt Murdock.
>>
>>83026675
He is.
>>
>>83025942
>How good are we talking?
Pretty good.
In the early 00's she was retconned as to having taken the USSR's version of the Super Soldier Serum, giving her peak physical abilities for a woman of her physical build and weight
Note that she doesn't have true Peak Human like Cap does because Cap was also subjected to the Vita-Ray treatment, which nobody else actually understands how to do; the Super Soldier Serum by itself actually leaves your system with time and is basically just the world's most efficient steroid.
>Can she take Iron Fist in hand to hand combat?
No, not only is Iron Fist a significantly better fighter, he also knows esoteric martial arts skills that let him fight genuine superhumans. Even without using the Iron Fist power he's good enough that he's beaten Sabertooth in hand to hand combat twice.
Guys like Shang-Chi and Iron Fist exceed everyone else in the MCU at martial arts just because that's literally the ONLY kind of training they have had.
Widow on the other hand has a more versatile array of skills, as befitting a spy.
>Can she take Cap?
No, but she can fight him decently enough.
One of Cap's biggest advantages is even if you're a better technical fighter then him his physical abilities are so excellent and so well-rounded that when combined with his extensive combat experience and skills he generally has an advantage on you in at least ONE area.
>Who can she beat, who is her equal, who is her better?
She can provide a decent fight to most totally unpowered heroes and quite a few ones with powers using her Widow's Bite taser things.
Her actual skills lie mostly in being a spy: outside of her costume to most folks she just looks like just another redhead so she's unobtrusive and very good at manipulating people and the like.
She's also a very tactically adept leader; she led the short-lived Champions team and more notably the Avengers through much of the 90's.
>>
>>83029054
>Even without using the Iron Fist power he's good enough that he's beaten Sabertooth in hand to hand combat twice

Bullshit, when did that happen.
Sabertooth is superhuman I thought?
>>
>>83026245
>Tony
oh im laffin
>>
>>83029076
In Sabertooth's very first appearance ever in comics and then later in his second appearance ever in comics as written by none other the Sabertooth's illustrious creator Chris Claremont himself. Sabertooth IS superhuman, but only in the way Wolverine is, namely just barely above human limits, enough that guys like Cap and Black Panther can easily match him in combat and Spider-Man can genuinely exceed him in pretty much every area.

Interestingly in the issues after Danny's first fight with Sabertooth he would fight Wolverine due to your usual superheroic misunderstandings, and Danny would personally note the remarkably similarities between Wolverine and Sabertooth and idly wonder if there was a connection.
Claremont actually wouldn't get around to having Saberooth even show up in an X-Men comic for almost a decade after that.
>>
>>83029054
>in the MCU
In the Marvel Comics Universe I meant.
Stupid new acronyms for old shit...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.