[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not enough of a Marvel fanatic to know, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I'm not enough of a Marvel fanatic to know, but I'm curious. Were the Four Horsemen from the opening scene based on any existing Marvel characters?

As I remember there is one with some kind of telekinesis who was also able to create a protective cocoon for Apocalypse's casket, one animalistic mutant with some degree of super strength, one that created shockwaves that turned people into bone-strewn goo, and another whose power I forgot.

Any ideas?
>>
No idea but fuck that opening scene was brutal

I was sat next to a bunch of kids, one of them actually covered their eyes after the first person got crushed by a falling rock
>>
>>83011296
The telekinetic woman was probably Candra.
>>
They might not be based on anyone, there's not that many mutants from the comics who were alive in ancient Egypt.
>>
I thought the feral one was Caliban at first, which is obviously impossible, I thought one of them was pyrokinetic?
>>
The shockwaves sound like Holocaust's energy blasts, and he's Apocalypse's son or something.
>>
>>83011803
Yeah, I did think that was a possibility.
>>83011848
I thought I could remember a pyro, but I didn't remember it distinctly enough to be sure. Haven't there been enough of those in this film series?
>>
>>83011631
How does that fit? Because she's immortal in the comics?
>>
>>83012056
She was telekinetic, that's all I remember. Maybe one of them was Wildchild, Holocaust another.

Think loosely based.
>>
>>83012103
There's so many telekinetics in Marvel though, I just wondered why you picked Candra specifically.
>>
>>83012170
She was a horseman of Apocalypse.
>>
>>83012220
Oh right. Makes sense, then.
>>
The shockwaves guy was probably based on Abraham Kieros, a Horseman who created explosions by clapping. It wasn't quite as gruesome in the comics.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.