[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a pantheon of gods based on the JLA for an RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Superman_Prime.jpg (377 KB, 750x1396) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Prime.jpg
377 KB, 750x1396
I'm making a pantheon of gods based on the JLA for an RPG I'm running, and I'd like some help.

Input and criticism would be appreciated.

Rao
God of the Sun, Power, and Justice
Takes the form of a golen, shining man
Resides on the top of the world
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
Barbatos
God of the Night, Knowledge, and Retribution
Takes the form of a great bat made of shadows
Resides deep beneath the world
>>
>>83007605
Rao is a star and a god and ACTUALLY showed up in a meeting of anthropomorphic stars and celestial bodies on Sandman.
>>
File: 1210466-jgjoneswwcard_super.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1210466-jgjoneswwcard_super.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
Diana
God of Love, Language and Law
Takes the form of a female warrior
Resides in Paradise

>>83007678
Yes, I know Rao is an existing god. My other ideas were names like Sol, El, etc. The names are my biggest problems here, most are ultimately just taken from other beings.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Mercury
God of Time, History, and Motion
Takes the form of a red lightning bolt
Resides between the seconds of the day
>>
Ion
God of Light, Life, and Will
Takes the form of a green light
Resides on the most distant star in the sky

(Again, I know that Ion is a separate being)
>>
File: Tangaroa - The Sea God-3.jpg (313 KB, 556x800) Image search: [Google]
Tangaroa - The Sea God-3.jpg
313 KB, 556x800
Orin
God of the Sea, Authority, and ??? (beasts?)
Takes the form of a great king
Resides at the bottom of the ocean
>>
File: img_5678.jpg (473 KB, 1706x1549) Image search: [Google]
img_5678.jpg
473 KB, 1706x1549
Ma'aleca'andra/Mars
God of the Mind, Thought, and Dreams
Takes the form of the red star in the night sky, sometimes appears in dreams in many forms
Resides on the nearest star in the sky, the red star, Mars

(I based this one on the DC One Million story where J'onn becomes the entire planet of Mars. Alternate name is L'Zoril, which is the Martian name for Dream of the Endless, not implying they are the same being, but that they embody the same concept)
>>
Ideas for minor deities so far are Hawkman and Hawkgirl as the gods of war, the Atom as the god of cells, Zatanna as the god of magic, Plastic Man as a trickster god, and Black Canary as god of sound.
>>
>>83007781

I would go with "El" honestly because it relates closer to Superman himself and carries some Judeo-Christian connotations with it.
>>
>>83007903

Well you've also got Kyle Rayner, who served as its host for a bit.

>>83007951
>beasts?

Yes, go with that.
>>
>>83008218

Do Steel as a Hephaestus analogue, representing fire, the forge and workmanship
>>
>>83008483
Cyborg would fit better.
>>
>>83008566

Making the JLA into a pantheon of gods fits more in with the 90's Morrison incarnation, when Steel was closely tied with the team. That's why I think he fits better.
>>
>>83008566
Cyborg is more of an artisan than a blacksmith.
>>
>>83008388
I do like the sound of El. I think I'll go with that.

>>83008483
This whole thing was very inspired by Morrison's JLA and DC One Million, so now that you mention it it makes a lot of sense to add more JLAers from that era.

>>83008566
Cyborg isn't much of a builder, he would be more associated with mathematics and technology. I'm trying to keep it as timeless as possible and not tied to either ancient or modern times, so computers are kind of out, but technology has always existed.
>>
Cyborg as the God of Machines, Technology and Communication

Green Arrow as the God of the Hunt and Protector of the weak (Kinda linked in with his liberal agenda I guess?)

Shazam as The God of Heroes, originally just a mortal he was chosen to act as the Champion of mankind by this Pantheon, before achieving literal godhood. (Hercules analogue I guess)

Firestorm as the God of Alchemy, and the embodiment of Fires of Creation
>>
>>83009388
>Shazam as The God of Heroes, originally just a mortal he was chosen to act as the Champion of mankind by this Pantheon, before achieving literal godhood. (Hercules analogue I guess)
I would just have him as the Champion of the Gods and man gifted by the gods as an avatar to act on their will
>>
Manhunter (sorry, couldn't think of a godname for him) as god of mistery, the unknown, keeper of secrets. Don't know where he lives, any ideas?
>>83008388
El sounds great. Keep it.
>>
Rubecula

While not exactly a god, Rubecula is still in important figure in the Pantheon, serving as the mortal Squire of Barbatos, famously fighting alongside him in many battles. Barbatos infused Rubecula with a fraction of his godlike powers.

The first human boy to serve the title of Rubecula eventually went on to become a god of his own called Vanzee, who took the form of a giant black bird with a blue crest.

The second Rubecula, was murdered by The Laughing Man, one of the Dark Ones that the Pantheon has devoted themselves to fight against. He was later revived by the Pits Of Lazarus and became the Red Hood, a Spirit who walks the line between good and evil.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.