[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You are the worst person I know. You constantly hit on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 23
File: quag.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
quag.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>You are the worst person I know. You constantly hit on your best friend's wife. The man pays for your food and rescued you from certain death, and this is how you repay him? And to add insult to injury, you defecate all over his yard. And you're such a sponge. You pay for nothing. You always say, "Oh, I'll get you later" but "later" never comes. And what really bothers me is you pretend you're this deep guy who loves women for their souls when all you do is date bimbos. Yeah, I date women for their bodies but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of Catcher in the Rye and then lecture them with some seventh grade interpretation of how Holden Caulfield is some profound, intellectual. He wasn't! He was a spoiled brat! And that's why you like him so much...he's you! God, you're pretentious! And you delude yourself by thinking you're some great writer, even though you're terrible! You know, I should have known Cheryl Tiegs didn't write me that note. She would have known there's no "a" in the word "definite." And I think what I hate most about you is your textbook liberal agenda, how we should "legalize pot, man," how big business is crushing the underclass, how homelessness is the biggest tragedy in America. Well, what have you done to help? I work down at the soup kitchen, Brian. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Grab a ladle! And by the way, driving a Prius doesn't make you Jesus Christ! Oh, wait! You don't believe in Jesus Christ or any religion for that matter, because "religion is for idiots!" Well, who the hell are you to talk down to anyone? You failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father! How's that son of yours you never see? But you know what? I could forgive all of that, all of it, if you weren't such a bore! That's the worst of it, Brian. You're just a big, sad, alcoholic bore. Well, see ya, Brian! Thanks for the fucking steak.
>>
>>82995660
This entire scene was just two retards, both entirely in the wrong in different ways, bitching at each other.

So, 4chan in a nutshell, I guess.
>>
>>82995660
>You're a literal rapist.
>>
File: CQOrdWRWwAA923S.jpg (46 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
CQOrdWRWwAA923S.jpg
46 KB, 600x515
Basically his argument is this.
>>
>>82995660
>You murdered the entire Simpsons family after sleeping with Marge.
>>
>>82995863
Yet somehow, I still find Glenn more tolerable than Brian. Put Brian back in the ground and let Vinny replace him again.
>>
Why did they choose Quagmire of all characters to do this?

The first point he's brings up is something that he did himself plenty of times
>>
File: whatever.jpg (45 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
45 KB, 400x350
>>82995660
>coming from a disease-ridden rapist and murderer
>>
>>82996698
im guessing he's the most popular character not in the family
>>
File: 1357727194802.gif (435 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1357727194802.gif
435 KB, 200x113
>tfw brian is hot but he's still attributed to the worst show on television
>>
>>82996972
>brian
>hot
Really, dude? There's people drawing metric tons of furry as we speak and you lust over Brian?
>>
>>82995863
Yeah, but it was entertaining for someone to take Brian down a peg. Not as good as that talk show, but enjoyable.
>>
>>82997128
Not him, but I lust over way worse shit.

But there really isn't any reason to go for Brian when Jasper and New Brian exist(ed).
>>
File: sad dog.png (67 KB, 266x261) Image search: [Google]
sad dog.png
67 KB, 266x261
>>82996972
>>
>>82997180
Man, fuck that episode.

Fuck modern Family Guy in general and fuck the cancer thats leaking over into American Dad.
>>
Modern family guy is so lazy. How is it even on the air? It's just the bare minumum of a plot, a few minute long ''jokes'' and lots of filler to pad out the show.
>>
>he's not a terrible person because he admits to his terrible acts

That's not how it works.
>>
God, I miss it when Brian was just the alcoholic straightman not this liberal soapbox/strawman. I personally blame the inclusion of the novel running gag. That's when it all started to go down hill for him.
>>
File: image.gif (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
17 KB, 400x300
>>82995660
Well he's right and can understand definitely him not wanting to hang out with Brian or trouble tolerating him. But at least people don't need the feeling to put him in jail for sexual assault or minimal a restraining order.
>>
>>82997259
Haven't got around to watching American Dad since Roger pushed Jeff into the alien tractor beam (kek). Is it really getting bad? I thought it was on an upwards swing where I stopped watching.
>>
>>82995660
>You constantly hit on your best friend's wife.
But Quagmiire tried to fuck Lois at least 8 times in the entire series.
>>
>>83000248
It's mediocre. Not Family Guy bad. But they seem to be past their golden years. They can still hit a high note once in a while though.
>>
>>82997526
>being wrong on one thing means he can't tell when someone else is wrong about some other thing
>>
Well that's rich coming from a rapist.
>>
>>83000320
And he succeeded in fucking Cleveland's wife
>>
In the mood to watch some good family guy episodes, any suggestions?
>>
>>83001665
I liked the episode where Brian wanted to fuck Lois
>>
I could buy this rant from Joe, 'cause he'd be pretty much totally right and not have any of the hypocrisy, but I guess it's also a lot harder to buy Joe being that mean-spirited, since he's by far the nicest character in the show.
>>
>>83001665
Only the early stuff
>>
>>82995660
I liked the /co/ edit better
>>
>>82995660
Takes one to know one, eh Quagarooney?
>>
>Awesome Reason You Suck Speech.
>Unfortunately, it comes right out of the mouth of a registered sex offender.
>Degrades his sister for choosing to be a part of an abusive relationship.
>Bangs at least 2/3 of his friends' wives.

You're one to talk, Quagmire.
>>
>>83001665
ptv
>>
>>83001563
Loretta wanted it bad, so you can't put all the blame on Quagmire. It takes two to cheat.
>>
>>83001791
>Takes one to know one, eh Quagarooney?
Isn't that the point?
>>
>>83001860
He still could've chosen to take the high ground, him shitting on Brian over his crush on Lois was ridiculous
>>
>>83001744
What's this?
>>
>>83001741
>>83001852
I've already watched the classics, though
>>
>>82997306
>Modern
This episode came out 7 years ago.
>>
>>83001938
I don't have it saved, but he's basically yelling at an anon for various activities on here, including reading comics but not buying them
>>
>>83000248
It stayed at a great quality until it moved to TBS and the TBS seasons have been alright, kinda hit or miss but not nearly as bad as Family Guy has gotten.
>>
>>83001724
I like the implication that Brian is so horrible that even someone as bad as Quagmire is fed up with his bullshit.
>>
>>82996123
That just means you're closer to him on the tard spectrum and thus feel empathy, anon.
>>
>>83001724

It woud've had more impact coming from Joe for that exact reason. And it's not like Joe's incapable of being mean, look what happened when he got legs.
>>
>>83001830
>using tvtropes terms

FUCK

OFF
>>
>>83002049
It started to go to shit in 2009.
>>
>>82995660
>which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father! How's that son of yours you never see?

Quagmire abandoned his daughter, while Brian took his son and turned him into a better man.

So the whole lecture is an hypocrisy done by a rapist and pedo.
>>
How does Brian have a human son if he's a dog?
>>
>>82996698
Quagmire is just as bad as Brian, but he accepts who he is. He doesn't think himself any better than anyone else.
>>
>>83002414

How come in Walt Disney's world there are only nephews and no sons?
>>
>>83002414
Human mother and also the writers don't give a shit.
>>
>>83001903
I thought the point was the ironic comedy of two shit characters thinking they're superior to one another when actually they'd have a lot in common if they weren't douches. It's just entertaining to watch a catfight. Like watching two faggots argue on 4chan like anyone wins anything.
>>
>>82995660
I love how Quagmire eviscerated McFarland's leftist mouthpiece, Brian.
>>
File: 1371262752640.png (196 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
1371262752640.png
196 KB, 447x329
>>83002580
But doesn't it render it moot being spoken BY McFarlane? And by one of the most amoral pieces of trash on the show?

Really, I don't know what game he's playing.
>>
>>83001724
They should've made a character for this exact reason, or just use Jerome.
>>
What's funny is they aren't even that bad compared to characters from other shows.
>>
>>82995660
Hey Quagmire... I FUCKED YOUR DAD
>>
>>83002658
Your problem is that you think McFarlane does any of the writing for Brian just because he does the voice.
>>
>>83004305
He is one of the writers on the Family Guy team, is he not?
>>
>>83002658
It's "you can't criticize me if I make fun of myself first cause then it's self-aware humor."

Although let's be real and blame the whole writing staff and not just seth
>>
>>83004346
nope
he just does voice work.
he doesn't give two fucks about the show or the writers.
he just cashes the checks and hires a room full of calart students to do all the writing.

which is why it's such a pile of shit
>>
>>83002489
Are you retarded?

Also see: Aladdin
>>
>>82997660
Seth is a liberal stooge so in his mind Brian is still a "straight man"
>>
>>82996715
Treating the characters like real, reasonable people for more serious moments that clash with their behavior in shock-value gags is a general problem for Family Guy.
>>
>>82995660
tl;dr
>>
>>83004795
Quagmire hates Brian for being a bad person.
Even though he's a registered sex offender and murderer.
>>
>>83002658
>And by one of the most amoral pieces of trash on the show?
That's the real joke. The 'fans' of the show were so utterly sub-human stupid they couldn't deal with 'hurrdurrr lieberal mouth piece but Brian is bad too because of all these context clues that only /I/ was clever enough to spot' Y'know, context clues like entire episodes revolving around Brian being a pretty shitty guy. So the show had the absolute worst piece of filth character spell it out for them. The only people who didn't get it before then are the kind of mouth breathing troglodytes being made fun of here. The kind of people actively rooting for the human trafficking serial rapist who also constantly hits on his best friend's wife, simply because he's on their 'team'.
>>
>>83004963
>>83004642
>>
>>82995660
Don't you have threesomes with your mom?
Don't you roofie women?
Don't you rape bound cheerleaders when you find them?
Wasn't there a group of tagged woman inside your trunk?
Aren't you a registered sex offender?

Sure Brian's a cunt but for all intents and purposes you should be in jail.
>>
File: 1463283146181.jpg (97 KB, 918x683) Image search: [Google]
1463283146181.jpg
97 KB, 918x683
>>83001979
A Lot Going on Upstairs from this season, actually good plot and has no gore.
>>
Why is Family Guy the only animated show where /co/ thinks the creator actually writes the episodes?
>>
>>83002414
He got cucked.
>>
>>82998106
>Well he's right

No he isn't.

And he only works the soup kitchen in order to have access to vulnerable homeless women.
>>
>>82997179
Would you really get it on with Jasper though?

Sure he might be fun for awhile but that campiness would wear off quick.
>>
>>83002414

It's a cartoon, that's how come.
>>
I hate the ending of his rant. He lists all that bad stuff, then throws it all out to call him a bore. Maybe I just don't understand what a bore is, but it doesn't sound half as bad as some of the other things he said.
>>
>>83002482
>I'm a murderer, rapist, pedo, and disease-ridden creepy stalker, but at least I'm at peace with all that!
>>
The problem was that only Quagmire actively hates Brian so he was the only one they could use to talk shit to him.
>>
>>83005352
It means he could tolerate all the terrible shit if he was a fun/interesting person to be around but he's an insufferable douche. That's the difference between Quagmire and Brian, they are both terrible people but at least people like Quagmire.
>>
Sometimes i feel like maybe family guy would be better if Brian was still dead and Quagmire was in jail.
>>
>>83005484
why did quagmire start hating Brian anyway?
was it literally just that one episode where stewie stated it that it started?
cause if so, wow, that has to be the laziest way i've ever seen a relationship between two characters happen in my entire life
>>
>>83007190
>was it literally just that one episode where stewie stated it that it started?
Yeah, they were quite friendly with each other before that episode.
>>
>>83007190
probably a ploy by the writers for future episodes; setup a dynamic (Quagmire hates Brain) to serve as basis for future plotlines (its a Quagmire vs. Brian episode)
>>
>>82996972
johnofe, plz go
>>
I didn't care who the smackdown came from, it coulda been anyone.

I was just glad to see Brian taken down a peg, like another anon said.
>>
>>83002580
I mean, McFarlane voices Quagmire anyway so it's not like he gives a shit either way
>>
File: 1427733974269.jpg (192 KB, 544x737) Image search: [Google]
1427733974269.jpg
192 KB, 544x737
>>82997180
Dare I ask what the hell that is?
>>
>>82996123
My problem is that they stuck with it and made Quagmire hate on Brian after this episode, even beat him up. It was one thing to use him as means to deliver this fanservice, but making it a character trait made he come up as self righteous, like when he's disrespectful during his funeral.
>>
>>83009933
>like when he's disrespectful during his funeral
They were a lot more subtle with that than they could have been, though.
>>
>>83005352
Peter, just like the rest of the cast, is an absolutely abominable person. He is almost abhuman in his actions but Quagmire can at least tolerate Peter because Peter is fun to be around.
>>
>>83005352
He's got no personality and he's not fun to be around, it's one of the key reasons they don't invite him to go drinking with them. Any time they get involved with childish shenanigans, Brian'll just be the first to talk about how unethical it is (which, granted, is his job as the voice of reason amongst the family).
>>
>>83009872
Super Herpes
>>
>>83002248
2004*
>>
>>82995660
MAN! I'd LOVE to see THAT episode of Family Guy! (Unfortunately, I read that in Quagmire's voice, so I've lost the game)
>>
File: 221.png (446 KB, 680x414) Image search: [Google]
221.png
446 KB, 680x414
>>82995660
Someday, we'll get an episode where Peter admits he fully expects Brian to kill himself, and it'll be the most horrific speech on the show.
>>
The latest seasons of Family Guy have been like an essay on middle-aged despair. It's bizarre.

>Ah, cold car ride through a dark suburban night. Look out the window and think of death, kids. It's a-comin'.
>>
>>83011710
Any reason for that image, anon?
>>
>>82995660
Of all people why Quagmire, it'd be more undrstanding with Joe or Cleveland chewing him out on all his faults but Quagmire is the last to have to preach.
>>
>>83012020
Joe would have been great. Being an honest police man and all that.
>>
>>83012011
Because it's going to fucking hurt, and someone's going to push it to the back of their mind.
>>
>>82995660
I don't like Brian, but this speech makes me want Brian to get revenge on Quagmire.
>>
>>82995660
Says the serial rapist who has tried to fuck Lois multiple times, and fucked Loretta right behind Cleveland's back.
>>
>>83011710

Didn't we already kinda get something like that, though, when Peter basically admits he wouldn't give a shit if Brian died because he was a dog and holds him at gunpoint in front of Joe to demonstrate that no one gives a shit?

I mean yea, it's different, but similar enough to where I'd feel like they'd already addressed it before.

Plus the hour long special in the bank vault addressed Brian's suicidal thoughts as well
>>
>>83012164
he already did when he dated his high school waifu
>>
You are the worst board I know You constantly pirate from companies. They provide comics and cartoons for you and are always trying to cater to you in, and this is how you repay them? And to add insult to injury, you shit all over their works first chance you get. And you're such a sponge. You pay for nothing. You always say, "Oh, I'll buy it later" but later never comes. And what really bothers me is you pretend you're this deep board who loves comics and cartoons for their lore when all you do is shitpost. Yeah, I shitpost, but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy a copy of Batman Year One and then lecture casuals with some seventh grade interpretation of how Batman is some profound, intellectual. He wasn't! He was a spoiled brat! And that's why you like him so much...he's you! God, you're pretentious! And you delude yourself by thinking you're some great board, even though you're terrible! You know, I should have know /lit/ didn't write me that note. They would have known there's no "a" in the word "definite." And I think what I hate most about you is your textbook liberal agenda, how we should "Make a capeshit board, man," how big the movie industry is crushing the comic industry, how Creator Owned Titles failing is the biggest tragedy in America. Well, what have you done to help? I work down at the local comic shop Sundays, /co/. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Buy a fucking comic! And by the way, reading Graphic Novels doesn't make you noteworthy critic! Oh, wait! You don't believe in Cirtics or any professional criticism for that matter, because "Much Conspiracy!" Well, who the hell are you to talk down to anyone? You failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a creator! How's that artwork of yours we never see? But you know what? I could forgive all of that, all of it, if you weren't such a bore! That's the worst of it, /co/. You're just a big, sad, alcoholic bore. Well, see ya, /co/! Thanks for the fucking storytime.
>>
>>83012638
>>83012164
And he fucked his dad to boot.
>>
>>83012685
>comics
>>
>>83012892
I can't remember word for word how this edit was supposed to go, but I tried. I should have mentioned more aboit cartoons or cut them out entirely now that I'm reading it again.
>>
File: just.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>83012708
Out of either parent, someone fucking my dad seems worse than my mom
>>
I'll take someone who is full of himself but isn't a rapist over a rapist any day tbqh.
>>
>>83013204
>>83012708
In Brian's defense he didn't know it was Quagmire's dad at first and stopped seeing him once he found out, then Quagmire took it upon himself to beat the shit out of Brian anyway
>>
>>83015629
The end of that episode was so great
>Glen leaves all pissed off
>Bloodied, Brian arrives at the door
>Hey Quagmire!
>...I fucked you dad!
>slam
Every time man, love that shit.
>>
>>83009999
Nice digits
>>
>>83008904
This

Plus, it makes even the dumbest people realize that Brian is a typical liberal douche

I see too many people saying he's some kind of soapbox for Seth McFarlane's political views. You're not always supposed to agree with Brian, sometimes you are supposed to see him for how pathetic he is deep down
>>
>>82995660
I like how Brian went from the sardonic voice of reason to, well, pretty much all of that.
>>
>>82995660
>I could forgive all of that, all of it, if you weren't such a bore! That's the worst of it, Brian. You're just a big, sad, alcoholic bore.
This just fucking ruins it for me

"Yeah, you're a horrible person, but really I only hate you because you're boring"

Not that Quagmire being guilty of a lot of the stuff he cited and worse makes it any better
>>
>>82995660
Stay mad Glenn...you'll never change what happened.
>>
>>82996123
>>83002176
The difference is that Glenn's doucheness is mostly played for laughs and not meant to be taken seriously, whereas Brian's was a result of him being the writers' designated mouthpiece to stand on a soapbox and spew their ideologies at the audience when they were only tuning in for laughs, not a grade-schooler's understanding of real-world politics, resulting in Brian becoming an annoying cunt rather than a lovable rascal like Glenn.

I'm glad the writers acknowledged and rectified it (somewhat). Nowadays, Brian's political talking points are played for laughs as sleazy attempts to pick up chicks while everyone lampshades, lampoons, and calls out is BS.
He's still not pre-cancellation Brian but it is infinitely preferable to soapbox Brian.
>>
>how we should "legalize pot, man,"

Anyone who opposes legalizing pot is a fucking retard.

> I work down at the soup kitchen, Brian. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Grab a ladle!

This is a non-sequitur argument. If a person thinks that the economy causes homelessness then they will also believe that working in a soup kitchen is essentially a waste of time, addressing a symptom rather than the problem.

>! Oh, wait! You don't believe in Jesus Christ or any religion for that matter, because "religion is for idiots!" Well, who the hell are you to talk down to anyone? You failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father!

Another non-sequitur. Religion is dumber than dogshit and religious people never have any answer to this obvious fact other than to change the subject.
>>
>>82995660
Brian BTFO.

>But Quagmire has also done bad things!
Makes zero difference, everything he said is still right.
>>
>>83021374
t. Brian Griffin
>>
File: u_handouts.jpg (3 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
u_handouts.jpg
3 KB, 125x122
>>83021374
Legalizing pot is fine, Glenn was dissing those who make a lifestyle out of it, i.e. stoners and hippies, the laziest bunch of good-for-nothings this world has ever seen.

I also don't think you know what non-sequiturs are. Brian is a classic leftist who endlessly bitches about a problem but makes no attempt to find a solution or remedy the situation.

Glenn brings up religion because Brian judges all its followers to be inherently dumb while not recognizing his own shortcomings in the academic department. A classic case of the kettle calling the pot black.
>>
>>82995660
TL;DR version:

>smacks Brian with newspaper and goes "No, bad liberal"
>>
>>82995660
>which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father! How's that son of yours you never see?
How about that time you implied you'd fuck your own daughter? When she was 18 of course because you've never hit on anyone younger
>>
>>83017460
The irony is how horrified he was about that fact until he got the shit kicked out of him over it.
>>
>>83012492
>Plus the hour long special in the bank vault addressed Brian's suicidal thoughts as well
Man what the fuck even was that episode.
>>
>>83023694
So wait. Let me get this straight.

Saying you want to legalize pot is fine but if you actually attempt to get shit done over a long period of time, FUCK YOU!

If you're more concerned with figuring out the actual root cause of the problems of poverty than covering up the symptoms of said problem, FUCK YOU!

If you're not a fucking superman and you criticize religion for being retarded on the surface, FUCK YOU!

...Man, Quagmire fans are just as fucking degenerate as he is.
>>
>>83027199

Probably the best episode of New family guy honestly.
>>
>>83002218
>Getting butthurt over TVTropes term.
I can tell you're new here and trying to fit in, so I'll give you a hint. The site itself is not what people hate, it's the community. Using a term from that site is not taboo. Hopefully you will learn from your mistake.
>>
>>83028845
Nah, you are just being as retarded and insecure as Brian
>>
>>83005403
>missing the point: the post
>>
File: 1459307461667.jpg (422 KB, 283x6000) Image search: [Google]
1459307461667.jpg
422 KB, 283x6000
Better version
>>
>>83031184
using a term from that site isn't taboo, it's just fucking gay and makes you look like a faggot.
>>
I'm not getting all these people who keep bringing up Quagmire's vices. Are you guys saying because Quagmire is scum, he's not allowed to hate Brian? Brian spent the episode trying to befriend Quagmire even though all Quagmire wanted was to be left the fuck alone and in this scene, Brian is demanding to know why Quagmire doesn't like him and Quagmire is just answering.

Like what is Brian throwing Quagmire's sociopathic nature at his face going to do? Because Quagmire already established he didn't want to be Brian's friend, so why would he care about what Brian thinks?
>>
>>83015629
He still fucked Ida again on Valentine's day along with all his other exes.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 767x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 767x698
Perfect
>>
>>83004672
this
>>
>>83005120
because that squinty eyed little fuckboy single handedly ruined animation.
>>
>>83016875
But it's true. People with charm can get away with pretty much anything. That's why Peter & Quagmire rarely get reprimanded for their own actions. Sure Peter's murdered hundreds of people. Sure Quagmire's a rapist and a pedophile. But they're so goofy and fun!! Brian could get away with being a pseudo-intellectual if he had some interesting quirk to him. But I guess lacking an off switch is expected from a voice of reason character.

Also, why can't one horrible person call another horrible person out? It's still true, regardless of who says it.
>>
>>83031184
Or he could just think that the stupid fucking names that TvTropes gives to the shit it encounters are better described in other ways.

Calling a stupid fucking useless website fucking stupid by design and telling people to fuck off when they bring the stupid fucking elements over is hardly new fag shit. That's what I call fucking smart, mate.
>>
>>83031184

This Troper agrees with that sentiment.
>>
>>82995660
>You are the worst person I know. You constantly hit on your best friend's wife. The man pays for your food and rescued you from certain death, and this is how you repay him? And to add insult to injury, you defecate all over his yard. And you're such a sponge. You pay for nothing. You always say, "Oh, I'll get you later" but "later" never comes. And what really bothers me is you pretend you're this deep guy who loves women for their souls when all you do is date bimbos. Yeah, I date women for their bodies but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of Catcher in the Rye and then lecture them with some seventh grade interpretation of how Holden Caulfield is some profound, intellectual. He wasn't! He was a spoiled brat! And that's why you like him so much...he's you! God, you're pretentious! And you delude yourself by thinking you're some great writer, even though you're terrible! You know, I should have known Cheryl Tiegs didn't write me that note. She would have known there's no "a" in the word "definite." And I think what I hate most about you is your textbook liberal agenda, how we should "legalize pot, man," how big business is crushing the underclass, how homelessness is the biggest tragedy in America. Well, what have you done to help? I work down at the soup kitchen, Brian. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Grab a ladle! And by the way, driving a Prius doesn't make you Jesus Christ! Oh, wait! You don't believe in Jesus Christ or any religion for that matter, because "religion is for idiots!" Well, who the hell are you to talk down to anyone? You failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father! How's that son of yours you never see? But you know what? I could forgive all of that, all of it, if you weren't such a bore! That's the worst of it, Brian. You're just a big, sad, alcoholic bore. Well, see ya, Brian! Thanks for the fucking steak.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>Literally makes up character traits for himself to take the high ground
Fine speech
>>
>>83031294
>so insecure and angry that you need to rage at others for going to internet websites you don't like

Protip: no one cares abut your neuroses, you're not scoring points, and there are far more worthwhile things to waste you time and energy on.
>>
>>82995972
Not at all. Quagmire knows he is a bad person and he never pretends to be someone good. He hates Brian hipocrisy and attitude(Brian even had stewie in a shitty kindergarden just because he wanted to bang the teacher) and the whole punch of the situation is that Glenn had to be the one who said it.
Even in the show you can see Glenn is(ironic enough) the one with more morals than the others for example his views on matrimony or helping people or even taking his niece with cancer to Santa
>>
>>83032367
At worst Brian is a bit shallow and lack self-awareness
Quagmire is a well aware that he's horrible and doesn't bother to even try to change
How is this a higher ground?
>>
>>82995660

Would have been a great speech coming from anyone else but quagmire. Quagmire is a bigger scumbag than brian.
>>
>>83000320
Quagmire waits until Lois gets divorced from Peter. Even he has rules same with Meg
>>
>>83032418
Even if you're a horrible person, pretending you're not and trying to convince others you're not what you are is worse than simply being horrible.
>>
>>83032418
Glenn never says he is better. But by his actions on the show you can see really deep he is actually a really good person.
Brian in the other hand is a pretentious douche who believes he is better. And Quagmire only told Brian why he hates him, he never says he has the moral high ground. Brian made a question and he got his answer
>>
>>82995660
Based Glenn.
>>
>>83032418
Isn't modern Quagmire alot more grounded than the early seasons. Alot less giggitys, alot more lines not related to him being a depraved sex addict, and alot more times of him doing things for other people.

Now I'm not going to say modern Quagmire is a good person like >>83032487, but he is better than when every scene with him would be showing off his crazy libido.
>>
>>83032430
Did he wait for Cleveland and Loretta to spilt up?
>>
>>83032579
No, but Loretta was actively pursuing him. He'll give in to a woman if they pursue him regardless of marital status.

Then again, all this was before modern Quagmire and his sanctity of marriage thing.
>>
>>83032430
Bullshit he actively tried to seduce her at some points.
>>
>>83021374
The bit about the soup kitchen annoyed me more than it probably should have because it was so convenient and out of nowhere, the only reason I could imagine him doing something like that is to have sex with some woman also working there.
>>
>>83033681
He probably has fetish for homeless women. He has fetish for everything.
>>
>>83031228
>I'm an idiot: The Post
>>
>>83012685
Why would you take the time out to do this, anon? Go outside.
>>
>>82995660

So , for /co/ is worst to sleep with bimbos, drive a Prius and gloat about it and to be an alcoholic than to be a pedophile and a rapist...
>>
>>83031573
love when this happens, i have a recess "chub thread" and an image of the girl from jimmy two shoes that both had the same face one time, not sure where it is on my massive computer though
>>
>>83034763
>i have no argument the post
>>
File: 1457917281675.jpg (29 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1457917281675.jpg
29 KB, 328x277
>>82995972
Yeah actually that's exactly it.

>I might rape people but, heh, at least I don't have an ATTITUDE about it

This is how lazy, entitled people convince themselves they've got a moral high ground.
>>
>>83035454
What /co/ are you looking at? Most of this thread is people throwing Quagmire's flaws at him like you and missing the point of the scene.

And I keep seeing this claim that Quagmire is a pedo. Doesn't he wait until 18. He slept with one underage girl because he didn't know, but where Quagmire got arrested, Brian did it and just got to bribe the girl to keep her mouth shut.
>>
>>83035558
But it's not about moral high ground. It's about just not liking a guy who insists on you liking them.
>>
File: 1462572971627.jpg (66 KB, 256x393) Image search: [Google]
1462572971627.jpg
66 KB, 256x393
>>83035558
> missing the point this hard
Glenn never said he was a good person or has the moral high ground. He just doesn't like Brian for not only all his faults but because he just finds him dull.
And glenn didn't want to said it, it was Brian who asked why Glenn doesn't like him.
>>
>>83035658
>>83035709
Oh fucking come on.
> And I think what I hate most about you is your textbook liberal agenda, how we should "legalize pot, man," how big business is crushing the underclass, how homelessness is the biggest tragedy in America. Well, what have you done to help? I work down at the soup kitchen, Brian. Never seen you down there!
SUDDENLY Quagmire is a charitable guy who works in a soup kitchen after we've seen him kidnap and rape women? Suddenly he's this class act when it's convenient to put some dumbass dog down?

It's double faced is what it is.
>>
>>83035629

The point of the scene is the scene IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

Is like Hitler calling Mussolini a mass-murder and a warmonger
>>
>>83035806
You seem to forget the part where he says he would not care about all of that if Brian wasn't so boring. He is just calling at quagmire hipocrisy to later mention he Wouldn't even care if he was at least funny. For fuck sake he is friend with Peter Griffin.
>>
>>83035806
It's less that Quagmire is charitable and more that Brian bitches about shit, but does absolutely nothing about it.

>>83035885
Are you saying Hitler isn't telling the truth if he calls Mussolini a mass-murderer and a warmonger? Hypocritic criticism isn't invalidated if there's truth in it. And ultimately, the main point was Quagmire explaining to Brian why he doesn't like him since Brian was so certain he needed to know if not make himself likable to Quagmire.

>>83035961 Has a point too with the fact that in spite of all that, Quagmire wouldn't care as much if Brian weren't so boring to him. Like king of sociopaths Peter Griffin.
>>
>>83035885
>you can't point what is wrong with something just because you also did it.
Man this is really stupid, is hipocrisy sure but it doesn't mean the person gets a free of judgement card because of this.
The evil of others doesn't make your in comparison good
>>
>>83034886
It was like 1 a.m when I wrote that anon, not much to do outside at 1 a.m
>>
Where does Glenn get off about Brian not taking care of his son?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBrLttSgwo
>>
>>83009933
>>83009999
>tripdubs
>followed by quads
What is this digit delerium
>>
>>83011802
What episode?
>>
>>83031248
Saved.
>>
>>83031248
Toppest of fucking keks m8, holy fuck.
>>
>>83010812
At this point, he's more herpes than dog.
>>
>>82995660
Why did this piss me off instead of have me cheering?

I feel like hearing anyone rant always pisses me off, regardless of the subject.

Ranting is for unpleasable faggots who are just bitter inside.
>>
File: Snoop.jpg (251 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
Snoop.jpg
251 KB, 983x1013
>>83041410
Nice rant there anon
>>
>>83004836
Anybody can be registered as a sex offender these days.
>>
>>83039494
The Mount Everest one.
>>
>>82996972
YIFF
>>
>>83031717
>
>>
>>83041410
>Why did this piss me off instead of have me cheering?

Because it was pointless and forced and not funny at all.

But I think the worst part of it is that the person ranting is probably one of the most deplorable characters in the series. Sure Brian is a terrible character, but so is Quagmire. One hits on Peter's wife whole the other wanted to fuck his daughter. It's a "pot calling the kettle black" where both subjects are fucking awful.
>>
>>82997160
What talk show?
>>
>>83043372
That episode when Brian took his novel to "Real Time" With Bill Maher.
>>
>Family guy sucks
>You all still watch it

Good job
>>
File: here (You) go.jpg (5 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
here (You) go.jpg
5 KB, 234x230
>>83043704
hi
>>
Is this unintentionally cringe or self aware?
>>
>>83004305
I think you're too quick to assume that Macfarlane has nothing to do with any of this. He's a grown man. His name's all over the show, he's very clearly pulling some strings.
>>
>>82995660
>le Holden Caulfield is pretentious spoiled brat meme
Who knew Quagmire was such a pleb
>>
File: That_s_real_fucking_Nito.gif (245 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
That_s_real_fucking_Nito.gif
245 KB, 400x200
>>83012685
Needs work desu
>>
>>83043704
>Still watch it

Nope, I'm free and it feels so good.
>>
>>82995660
It's funny how McFarlane choose the worst criminal on the show to be the Straw Critic.
>>
BUMPITY
>>
>>83049160
He was a spoiled brat, only hipsters think otherwise.
>>
>>82995660
>character goes off on a rant
How many times has this been done? It happened on this episode, it happened on the Simpsons with Flanders, with Hawkeye on MASH, and there must be at least a half dozen other shows where one of the characters - usually the mild mannered or comedy relief one - does this. Good god it's so stale.
>>
File: 1462588387915.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1462588387915.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>83031248
>thanks for the fucking oil
>>
>shoe constantly mocks brian for abandoning his son
>in the episode he wants to keep bonding with him, but his son decodes he needs to go back home and help his mom like brian helped him and they leave on good terms
I dont get it
>>
>>83035885
>>83035454

You retards do know that you don't need to be a saint to criticize a sinner?
Like holy shit niggers, it is okey to miss the point, but you guys are something else.
>>
>>83021374
>I am a douchebag like Brian Griffin, but in real life.
>>
>>83021374
The economy does create homelessness
There's always a constant unemployment and if that happens to coincide with some sort of housing bubble burst, then boom, homelessness

You literally cannot fix unemployment as there are specific kinds of unemployment
Soup Kitchens aren't a waste of time because they provide aid directly to those who need it, more so than any funds or non-profits that "help" people
>>
>>83032418

We're on /co/; most /co/dependents like rape, pedophilia, and stalking, so Glen is their hero.
>>
>>83059949
>stalker
>pedophile
>rape
That's Batman dude
>>
>>83036062
>Brian bitches about shit, but does absolutely nothing about it.

He's a dog.
>>
>>83042310

Quagmire has raped and trafficked women.

And at least one underage cheerleader.
>>
>>83055074

Glen is not only not a saint, he's wrong.
>>
>>83055586
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.