[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a war between The Irken Empire and Gem Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
File: 1463580520065.png (524 KB, 623x806) Image search: [Google]
1463580520065.png
524 KB, 623x806
Who would win in a war between The Irken Empire and Gem Empire ?

Part two
>>
File: 1462904982261.gif (925 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
1462904982261.gif
925 KB, 800x444
The Imperium of Man VS Homeworld threads were more interesting
>>
>>82994608
>Part two
Fuck off.
>>
Gems are taller.
>>
>>82994608
Irken empire without a doubt.
>>
>>82995043

Why? The Imperium has that one in the bag.
>>
File: Flobee.jpg (12 KB, 200x246) Image search: [Google]
Flobee.jpg
12 KB, 200x246
>>82994608
Depends entirely on which universe this is set in.

If it's the IZ universe, where an invader could pass as a gem with nothing more than a couple of rocks strapped to their body, Homeworld is fucked.

If it's the SU universe where other species aren't all as functionally retarded as the Irkens or worse, Gems win.
>>
File: Ratchet and Clank.png (1 MB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet and Clank.png
1 MB, 1280x854
Whoever wins has to face off against these two and whatever they're packing.

And yes, that includes the Groovitron.
>>
File: 2.png (249 KB, 800x782) Image search: [Google]
2.png
249 KB, 800x782
ITT: autism
>>
>>82995404
fuk I meant to post this pic
>>
I think Steven Universe is complete fucking trash and unredeemable shit for morons, and STILL I'm disappointed you didn't go with "Gempire"
>>
>>82995278
Zim single handedly stopped the first series of Irken invasions. The Tallest sent him off as far away as possible with a robot made of scrap.

I think it's implied that Zim and humans in the series are retarded, but the rest of the Irken seem pretty proficient at conquering planets.
>>
>>82995644
Now Zim, the most retarded of the Irken, built a city destroying water balloon launcher in space in one night. Fill that water balloon with acid and the Irken empire has WMDs out of their toys. I give this to the Irken.
>>
>>82995361
>Gemkind or the Irkens winning against Ratchet and Clank.

That's a neat way to drive a sentient species to extinction...

And on the winning race's encyclopedia page will be the phrase "driven to extinction by a trigger-happy Lombax" for the sake of clarity.
>>
Man.
>>
>>82995165
Irkens follow the tallest of their kind
>>
>>82998232
What if a Gem shapeshifted to look like an Irken and infiltrated them.
>>
>>82995497
Because it's not called "Gempire" faggot it's called Homeworld.
>>
>>82998277
Zim is a fucking retard but I'm certain the other Irken's could figure it out when they see one of their own not eat.
>>
>>82998399
Gems can eat and even enjoy eating if they want. Wouldn't be much of an infiltration if they didn't basic copy mechanisms of the species.
>>
File: 1452815957889.png (80 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1452815957889.png
80 KB, 450x450
>>82995192
We had a longer discussion a few days back.
If 40k invades SU then Homeworld would probably stil win because

firstly we know alomst nothing about their troops size for they control at least one whole galaxy
and secoundly they are in another galaxy. Imperium of man needs to travel to hell to get two systems close where they originally wanted to go
>>
>>82998518
>Gems can eat and even enjoy eating if they want
The only gem we see enjoy eating is Amethyst and we know she's not made right.

also how do we know if gems actually do infiltration?
>>
>>82998818
You can just look at ancient and modern military tactics to see that convergent evolution naturally led civilizations all over the world to do so, so why not aliens?
>>
>>82998896
Aliens might have an unusual psychology.
>>
File: 1439686355900.jpg (30 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1439686355900.jpg
30 KB, 350x262
>>82994608
interesting.

first of all:
>Magic: a way to justify any power a series can think, under a predefined ruleset that can change every minute.
>Cartoon Force: no rules, you can always take everything to the next level.

with that said:
>Homeworld: there is no magic, only science, everything is energy, everything has an explanation. It follows the same rules as magic, but is not magic.
>Irkens: using science as a way to think in more and crazy cartoon force machines. "science has a limit? lets break it".

Irkens wins this shit.
The only advantage the gems may have is inmortality, if they truly are inmortal thats it.
>>
>>82994608
Well... if the Hit The Diamond episode is anything to go by, Homeworld grunts are dumb as fuck.

So I'm gonna say Irkens.
>>
>>82994608
Irkens, they have the technology to move fucking planet, and retardedly fast spacecraft.
>>
Would they, /co/?
>>
>>82998556
So the better question would be the Combine vs Homeworld.
Magic vs Science.
>>
>>82995404
>>82995434
What do either of these images have to do with anything?
>>
File: tumblr_nwc3s2W1PU1tvgk2no1_1280.jpg (598 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwc3s2W1PU1tvgk2no1_1280.jpg
598 KB, 1280x960
>>83000614
Perhaps, but I rather pair them with purple characters.
>>
>>82994608
The Irken Empire

By virtue of numerical advantage (relatively simple non-planet sucking process), inherent viciousness (even the hapless Skooge is a genocidal xenophobic fiend), and sheer technological perversity (hollow out a planet to fill it with snacks? Hamster kaijus? Time travel maimings? Star Donkey summoning exhibits? Why not?!)

They are also unabashedly evil. Not even bothering to hide their intentions of conquest behind a supposed desire for order or peace. Many of the Gems that defected did so because they were "betrayed" by Homeworld for one reason or another. Irkens will take a beating from their bosses, but there's little rebellious sentiment to be had because they all know they'd do the same thing if given just a smidgen of extra power. Just look at how arrogant Bob got when he won that bet.

Gems are all also deeply immature and won't admit it, attempting to mask their neuroses and shortcomings with pretentious airs (see how the CGs distance themselves and think little of humans; also how they cry a lot when their respective jigs go pear-shaped). Irkens are unrepentantly childish and decadent which paradoxically makes them more capable of blending in; Zim despises humans, but if need be, he can and will manipulate them through charm rather than coercion via playing to the crowd, because he and the rest of his kind understand that everyone in their own ways lives by their (metaphorical) stomachs. That's why despite being robot spider oblongs that don't need to, they love to experience sensory pleasures through their host bodies. It's also why none of them have any major personal baggage to weigh them down outside of where their next shallow dose of self-satisfaction will come from.
>>
>>83003985
>That's why despite being robot spider oblongs that don't need to,
Wait, I thought they were little green men.
>>
>>83003985
This
>>
You know what, fuck it. Let's include other alien races from other /co/-related things.

And yes, that includes stuff like >>82995361.
>>
Gems

They're a race designed for intergalactic conquest. Once they have warp pads and kindergartens built on a planet. They are almost impossible to get off. Rose's rebellion lasted a thousand years and took the lives of hundreds of thousands of Gems. Even then the Gems just left and hit the Earth with two doomsday weapons. One which killed or corrupted almost all remaining Gem life. The other which would have shattered the entire planet and then gone on to destroy more planets.

Gems don't need to eat, breath, drink, or sleep. They make planets less habitable to organic life as they are produced. If damaged they poof and then reform in minutes to days. Actual damage to the Gem can be healed by healer gems. Even when cracked or shattered. Their remains can be used to power technology.

Fusion and Gem Powers make gems walking nuclear weapons. Especially those that master elemental manipulation.
>>
>>83006692
>They're a race designed for intergalactic conquest.
I really wonder if someone built the gems. It seems impossible for something like them to occur naturally.
>>
>>83006825
I think it's implied canonically that gems are made, not born. They refer to themselves as inorganic life (despite the fact diamonds are technically organic life due to the carbon thing, though it's never stated if gems are named due to a likeness of earth counterparts or they actually =are= those gems. I really wish White Diamond gets discovered just chilling out in some museum as part of a necklace or something.
>>
>>83007048
But who built the FIRST gem?
>>
>>83007048
It's possible that the DIamonds (and maybe the Pearls, being another organic gem) were the original Gem race, and made all the other Gems as homonculi of sorts to serve under them.
>>
>>82998818
>The only gem we see enjoy eating is Amethyst and we know she's not made right.
No, Garnet likes eating too. She doesn't do it as much but she's cool with it.

If anything Pearl's the weird one for being so neurotic.
>>
>>83007048
Perhaps only White Diamond knows.
>>
File: 1383100717518.jpg (90 KB, 542x512) Image search: [Google]
1383100717518.jpg
90 KB, 542x512
>>82998556
WE have no idea whether they control that galaxy. It just says "Homeworld's galaxy", it does not imply or state that they own it.
>>
>>82994608
Neither. They either engage in an trans-galactic cold war or completely exhaust eachother in a war that would cause both empires to collapse.
>>
>>82998556
Gems invading Imperium scenario is much more likely, If that's the case Humans would be dealing with a another Tynanid level threat.

If the Imperium ever reached the same level as they were before the Horus heresy Homeworld would likely get completely destroyed both ways.
>>
>>83007311
Gem Imperium cannot really collapse.

They're immortals that require no resources beyond the life force of a planet and sunlight. They convert most of the mass of a planet they conquer into more Gems and Gem tech. They're caste based society where Gems literally exist to serve.

Gems and Zims would split the known universe in two, or the Zims would exhaust them selves and the Gems would keep on spreading.
>>
File: image.png (105 KB, 283x235) Image search: [Google]
image.png
105 KB, 283x235
>>83006021
>And yes, that includes stuff like >>82995361 #.

Okay, what about this race?
>>
>>83005107
the thing that makes up the irkens personality and mind is the a.i in the spider pack, the green meat is just disposable transport.

I wish they would have gone in depth as to why their society evolved that way since I find it kinda neat.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.