[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two questions 1. Has there ever been an Nth Metal Man? 2. Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Metal_Men_04.jpg (218 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Men_04.jpg
218 KB, 722x1024
Two questions

1. Has there ever been an Nth Metal Man?

2. Are the Lantern rings made out of metal and if they are can Doc Magnus make a Metal Man out of them?
>>
>>82993744
No and no.
>>
>>82993786
Why hasn't DC made an Nth Metal Man yet? Seems pretty obvious to me.
>>
>>82993812

How would you balance it for a team book?
>>
>>82993990

It'd probably be a main antagonist for an arc.
>>
Has there ever been a bismuth metal man to try and replace lead?
>>
>>82993744
I want to fuck that Platinum
>>
>>82994100
that would just be a rehash of Plutonium Man, then
>>
Inertron > Nth metal

imo
>>
>>82994391
Think about another Marvek/DC crossover. Adamantium, Vibranium, Anti-Metal.
>>
>>82993744
Lantern Rings are an actual tech item. I'm more surprised that we don't have lantern knock-offs ala Tony Stark's armor designs being stolen. Like, if someone tried to tie into the actual Lantern network the Guardian's would just shut them down then shit down their necks, but if they were willing to trade having less power available you'd think someone out there could copy the Oan circuits and get some kind of power boost by having like, fucking Will forceshields built into the armor, or Rage boosters, or whatever. Like, it'd be 10x the size, and 1/10th the effect, and rely on ambient local emotion power, but it's just tech. Someone out there has to be able to figure it out. Hell, Sinestro did.
>>
>>82994645
But what are they made out of?
>>
The only new metal was Copper IIRC.
>>
>>82994645
I mean i know that glove that renegade Hal used was a prototype and technically came before the lantern rings, but out of universe context it kinda was a ring knockoff. Then there's Sinestros yellow rings, and all the lanterns corps that came after his. So in that sense i guess you could say there are a ton of knock-offs.

Does Power Ring count as a knock-off?
>>
>>82994721
Presumably some kind of metal, though it doesn't seem it has ever been established. Still, it's like asking what the cogs in a clock are made of. It's not the material that makes the clock work, it's how they work together.
>>
>>82998076
Who?
>>
File: Earth_44.jpg (166 KB, 863x996) Image search: [Google]
Earth_44.jpg
166 KB, 863x996
In the Multiversity Guidebook, Earth-44 had a Nth Metal Hawkman.
>>
>>82993990
building him would be one arc, him learning how to be a true Metal Man would be the next, and either he dies while reaffirming what the main theme of series is or he goes all AMAZO and fucks off to space to learn what else is out there. that's how i'd do it at least
>>
>>83003289
i should mention Tin would be the one Nth admires the most because no matter the odds or his fears, Tin always tries to help as many people he can thus making him the bravest Metal Man or some shit like that
>>
File: best seat in the house.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
best seat in the house.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
I couldn't resist.
>>
>>82993744

Magnus fucks Platinum, right?
>>
>>83005055

In Gods and Monsters he totally does.
>>
>>83002707
>ongoing never
:(
>>
>>83002707
That looks incredible
>>
>>83005083
proof
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.