[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it bad? Because I kind of want to read it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 4150626-gl1.png (660 KB, 416x638) Image search: [Google]
4150626-gl1.png
660 KB, 416x638
Was it bad? Because I kind of want to read it.
>>
It's a pretty shit New Gods story.
But I hear Black Hand was fun in it
>>
>>82993283

It wasn't bad, it was forgettable. Seeing the Lanterns get stomped every step of the way makes for a boring event, their comeback is impressive though I have to admit.

Venditti is a shitty GL and Flash writer, he is only great at writing Eternal Warrior.
>>
>>82993283
It wasn't bad but it wasn't really good either, read it if you want to, that's all I can say.
>>
>>82993283
It was probably Venditti's best Green Lantern story, not saying much though
>>
>>82993388
>Venditti is a shitty GL and Flash writer, he is only great at writing Eternal Warrior.
The difference in quality between his Valiant and DC work is surprising. It's almost like he's two completely different people.
>>
>>82993388
>Seeing the Lanterns get stomped every step of the way makes for a boring event,

Only because Lanterns have been completely ineffectual for the past 10 years. Seriously, every single mook in the galaxy is either immune to GL rings or can straight up suck out their power.
>>
>>82993388
I felt like that was alright considering it was the new gods. Who should stand at the pinnacle of the universe.

I also didn't mind the Highfather was still learning to be his oldself.

Although I dropped off GL round this time because I hated the whole Relic business and the "emotional well" shit.
>>
>>82993371

This pretty much.
>>
This is all set up for Darkseid War, isn't it?
>>
>>82994744
If someone's vomit is digested and turns into crap sure. you can call hit a set up
>>
Sinestro is amazing during this arc. Bekka steals the show.

>>82993371
>It's a pretty shit New Gods story.
>But I hear Black Hand was fun in it

This is it in a nutshell. They kind of ramped up Black Hand's craziness and it's fucking great.

>>82993584
>The difference in quality between his Valiant and DC work is surprising. It's almost like he's two completely different people.

I'm willing to give him another try with Rebirth because of this and the fact that the last year of all DC Comics has been "stretch this out until we fix things with Rebirth."
>>
>>82993283
No payoff
>>
>>82995418
How did they explain how Black Hand came back but not Nekron?
>>
>>82993283
The whole thing is meh (GL is the only book that has meat to the story, everything else is just filler, the New Gods aren't written particularly well, the payoff is pretty lame) but it's not the worst thing ever

The issues with Hal, Black Hand and Sinestro are pretty great
>>
>>82993283
Pretty bad, basically the entire arc is people telling high father that he's being a fascist asshole, which he then ignores but suddenly at the end Hal Jordan says the same shit multiple people closer to high father told him and high father has a change of heart because this stranger and enemy at the time called him a fascist asshole.
>>
>>82996016
Thankfully, it is something that Forever People afterward fixed.
>>
>>82993283

I am sorry to say that yes, it was bad.

It wasn't terribly bad. It was just bad-bad.

You know like "Was the story: 1)Not very good 2) Bad 3) Very bad 4) Terrible 5) Irredeemable garbage" then I would say about 2.
>>
>>82994744

No. It had nothing to do with Darkseid War at all.

The New Gods were not involved in that.

>>82995577

Come back from where? Nekron is not just an intangible force, he is also a person. And right now he is all mopey and sulky from 1) getting his bony ass handed to him in Blackest Night and 2) Being used by Hal Jordan like an attack dog on a leash in 'Rage of the First Lantern'.

>>82996084

Yes... in a pretty awkward way.
>>
>>82999556
Yeah, pretty awkward.
But having a militaristic Highfather even though the Pact has already happened is awkward already.

At least how Forever People fixed it gives hope that one day...Didio and Giffen might be back for a New Gods quest/adventure series.
>>
>>82995649
Okay that's pretty funny
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.