[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> in your face allegory > shit dialogue with pseudo deep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-Blackholecover.jpg (27 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
250px-Blackholecover.jpg
27 KB, 250x350
> in your face allegory
> shit dialogue with pseudo deep monologues
> dumb teenagers with their first world problems as protagonist
> no plot

Why is this so praised again?
>>
>>82988085
Are you trying to turn this itno a meme?
>>
>>82988085

Who said the dialogues needed to be deep? It's teenagers talking about their "first world problems" and getting nowhere really. That the point.

You missed the point.
>>
>>82988125
Because when a story is filled with cryptic monologues one would assume there's a deeper meaning in them.
>>
>>82988085
Oh look, this is a daily thing now
>>
>>82988085
>not geek culture oriented
>no superheroes
>no epic fight scenes
>panel grids
>experimental/surreal plot
>no good vs evil/easy to read plot
>too hard to read

Is this even a comic?
>>
>>82988085
>Why is this so praised again?
Have you ever read superhero comics? It's a pretty low bar to clear.
>>
>>82988330
Don't mind me I'm fairly new to comics but I'm looking for something that's not pretentious uninspired carp. So besides Moore is any good comic worth checking. The fact that people have black hole in such high regard points to no.
>>
>>82988529
Maybe change Moore to someone else, still, I think this is great bait.
>>
>>82988529
People on /co/ in general doesn't have Black Hole in such high regard. Few people on here have even read it. Most people on here are into geek culture oriented/kiddie stuff (capes, sci-fi & fantasy).
>>
>>82988485
> too hard to read

No it's not it's just boring and cryptic for the sake of it.
An actual good comic I read before this one was From Hell which has even muchmore text but still miles more enjoyable.
>>
>>82988650
From Hell is also good. What genres do you like?
>>
>>82988672
I dont mind the genre as long as it has a good plot and actual character development.
>>
>>82988085
I think Black Hole is extremely generational. It's a comic for your parents, not for you.
>>
>>82988981
Maybe... I always thought it was funny how the teenagers were marginalised for having sex. In this day it would be more like the opposite
>>
>>82988125
Who would want to read that? Sounds like complete garbage, when I read comics or any form of fiction it's because I'm looking for a small escape from reality, not read something that's trying so hard to be real. That fucking sucks.

I'll stick to the kiddie cape comics and leave the fedora tipping to you people.
>>
>>82988284
>>82988650

>cryptic

You are a complete retard.
>>
>>82989221
This is how a black hole fan argues.
>>
I love Black Hole. It's so weird and eerie, I might have to give it another read this year.
>>
File: 1455750433895.jpg (46 KB, 416x428) Image search: [Google]
1455750433895.jpg
46 KB, 416x428
Why do new readers/viewers have so much trouble grasping magical realism these days?

They want either straight up capeshit or completely rationalized fiction; otherwise they hate it.

Also saying Black Hole has no plot debunks any of your other opinions about it OP.

Ignoring how good the art is also means comics/OGs maybe aren't your thing.
>>
>>82988085
Because the hipsters who read it need something boring and "deep" to get all snooty about when everybody is having fun discussing capeshit.
>>
>>82989341
you got btfo'd a couple days ago already

why dont you just reread that thread?
>>
>>82988085
Semi-autobiographical stors with a heavy use of surrealist imagery is the cancer genre of the indie scène.
>>
>>82988981
lol wut? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>82990975
Tend to agree with this.
>>
What the hell is the point of making this thread three straight times? this isn't even that popular on here, if you want to get reactions shit on ASS or something people actually read.
>>
>>82990081
>hipsters
in case you've missed it. Hipsters are people pretending to be into comics because The Big Bang Theory has made geek culture "cool". They pretend to be into geek culture oriented comics like mainstream capeshit and the other stuff you're into. People with taste, who genuinely loves good sequential art are reading Charles Burns, you geek.
>>
>>82988085
Charles Burns is one of the greatest living cartoonists.
>>
>>82990975
So, Charles Burns' stuff and Daniel Clowe's Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron then? I can't think of much else that's in that sort of David Lynch vein. Oh, do you think that David Lynch and other surrealist film makers are the cancer of film?
>>
File: 1389563714188.jpg (32 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1389563714188.jpg
32 KB, 500x587
>>82989200
>I'll stick to the kiddie cape comics and leave the fedora tipping to you people.

Uh, fedora tippers are into geek culture i.e capes. Fedoras are the biggest target audience for everything that's capes, sci-fi, fantasy-oriented, no matter the medium.
>>
>>82989200
>everything that isn't capeshit is bad because I didn't like this one comic
>i'm not ignorant at all
>>
>>82989200
>I just wanna turn off my brain and enjoy some entertainment

Back to /tv/ you go!
Or better yet, make a /cpsht/ board for the geek manchildren already.
>>
>>82988529
yes

maus
persepolis
fun home
ghost world
asterios polyp
crumb's comics

now fuck off in triple jumps
>>
>>82991246
This is how you force a meme, or rather, how OP thinks you force a meme
>>
>>82988529
What kind of art do you like/stories do you like reading about? There's a whole world of comics out there geez.
>>
>>82992233
Yeah, too bad /co/ is the wrong place for that other world outside mainstream geek/kiddie shit.
>>
>>82991332
>in that sort of David Lynch vein
Please, David Lynch plays with the concept of fantasy and reality and expectations, these stories have these surrealist details because they would just be boring suburban 20 something year olds talking about their not so interesting lifes otherwise.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.