[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The trailer for NBC's new super-hero sitcom is out Sur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: nbc-powerless-tv-series.png (418 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
nbc-powerless-tv-series.png
418 KB, 620x349
The trailer for NBC's new super-hero sitcom is out

Surprise: it's terrible

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTL49Wa0g8
>>
File: w2gisj.jpg (44 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
w2gisj.jpg
44 KB, 396x382
>>
I like it though
>>
It should have gone with a more cynical tone. Like have the people really annoyed about heroes. What they are going for just looks really annoying and the lead is way too perky.
>>
Oh God, it's name drops, the TV show!
>>
I'll give it a shot, but right now the superhero angle seems mostly there so they can name drop DC characters as "jokes"
Hopefully they'll be less awkward in the finished product
>>
>>82955320
But our market research shows that viewers in the desired demographic enjoy perky female leads in sitcoms
>>
>>82955295
And we're gonna have it again and again till we get it right
>>
What the fuck? If that Superhero didn't catch that train they would all be dead and all vanessa Hudgens could worry about is being late?
>>
NBC is notorious for releasing awful, AWFUL trailers (and promo material in general) for their shows.

It's not necessarily a sign of quality. It's probably just NBC earning their place as the worst broadcast network.
>>
>>82955261
I love the cast so will watch it. If anything it will be fun to catch all the references.
>>
>>82955354
just like Netflix and AoS :^)
>>
>>82955261
Why is it that only anons with shit taste make threads
>>
I thought it was okay.
>>
>>82956075
because anyone with good taste left this place a long time ago
>>
>>82955261
so is it its own verse?
>>
>>82955261
Was that vanessa fucking hudgens?
>>
>>82956164
>>82956164
Yeah.
>>
>>82956164

Alan Tudyk and Danny Pudi are in this too? I dunno, I might put up with it just for them
>>
>She's a snarky independent female lead and she makes this face.

>She takes the shit out of the comic setting.

Though I still miss Middleman something terrible.
>>
>>82955261
>Way better than Agents of Shit
>Marvel is already scared and using social engineers to call it bad even though it has better cinematography than Civil War
This will be pure Tvkino, mark my words.
>>
>>82955970
I like that as NBC and CBS struggle to get something together they continue to declare that Digital Streaming Services is past its heyday.

"They'll come back to us, someday."

"Yea we're totally in decline, be we've got the advantage."
>>
>>82955261
>Surprise: it's terrible
Why does it seem like only dumbasses make threads?
>>
>>82955354

Literally every cape show
>>
>>82956412
And someone already made this post. I guess I should read the thread first before I talk shit.
>>
>>82956357
>kino

/tv/ you have to stop forcing this, it's not funny outside of your shitty board
>>
So who else think that Crimson fox and Vanessa are actually sisters and that the only reason she's giving her shit.
>>
>>82956366
Both of them have digital streaming services though and NBC even does live sporting events. That's basically the only way to watch the Olympics properly.
>>
>>82955790
That'sthejoke.jpg
>>
>>82956490
Doesn't stop some executives from putting the Network first and wouldn't lose sleep putting people back into a situation only seeing network reruns. Even if it is a decaying wreck only appealing to grandpas.

Also them looking towards a Streaming service of their own for CW shows and their new Star Trek show (which will likely get panned when its shown to have all male leads after that "too female" comment), least that was the talk a few months ago from CBS.
>>
>>82956773
It's not funny though.
>>
>>82955790
>>82956923
They're just taking a page out of the Marvel Civilian's Handbook
>>
Why is Crimson Fox so overpowered?
>>
>hits dude with chair to confirm hes not green lantern
that pretty much means he actually his hal though
>>
>>82956970
What are her powers in the comics?
>Superspeed and Agility
>pheromone control
>claws
>>
>>82957129
Aww they just gave her a generic powerset for the show.
>>
>>82956773
Well it make them all look like ungrateful bastards. Could they have not picked a better battle for her to stand her ground?
>>
File: sinestro.jpg (62 KB, 594x346) Image search: [Google]
sinestro.jpg
62 KB, 594x346
>>82957127
>The chair is yellow
>>
Isn't Crimson Fox a French superhero? What's she doing State-side?
>>
There was already a thread praising it yesterday. Fuckk off faggot.
>>
>>82957340
Hiding from muslims wanting to rape her.
>>
>>82957127
and it's a yellow wooden chair too so it proves nothing
>>
>>82955261
>I know hes not Green Lantern I checked
>Hits him with a yellow wooden chair
>>
>>82957129
>>82957212
i cant wait for plastic man to show up and showcase his classic powers of superspeed
>>
>>82955261
Tudyk's character is supposed to have some sort of secret, right? Anyone wanna guess what the gold schtick he has going on is supposed to hint at?
>>
>>82957895
booster gold
>>
>>82955261
yeah it's kind of cringing but i'll still watch it cause im a fucking dcfag
>>
>>82956487
That would be really cool actually.
>>
>>82955261
- looks terrible
- nobody actually used the term "act of god" literally when it comes to insurance, what the fuck
- look fucking terrible
>>
>>82958104
uses*
>>
>>82956490
>That's basically the only way to watch the Olympics properly.
>watching the olympics
>supporting the life and city destroying machine that is the olympics
>>
>>82958104
>Opinion
>Autism
>Opinion
>>
>>82955261

More like "Fuck, we need to make the other DC characters more popular."
>>
>>82958138
Who cares? It's fun to watch. Maybe cities shouldn't bid on it if they don't have mostly existing infrastructure to host it in.
>>
>>82957895
Goldfinger?
>>
They cancelled Constantine for this and the Heroes reboot.
>>
>>82958273
They cancelled Constantine because it was shite and nobody watched it.
>>
I'll admit I kinda laughed at the woman proving her co-worker isn't Green Lantern by smashing a wooden chair over his back.

Unfortunately I'd be a lot more impressed with it if I thought that was actually the joke they were actually going for.
>>
>>82958273
>Constantine
>not getting fucked
it's like you don't even read
>>
Kate Micucci is in this, she is so fucking cute oh my god.
>>
>>82958507
they were probably going more for a yellow weakness joke than the wood
>>
>>82958104
Claims adjuster here, yes we do retard, it's how we describe the fact that no one is at fault to dumbasses like yourself.
>>
>>82959574
the joke they were going for is that he can be knocked over by being hit with a chair eg hes not a superhero
theyre thinking that his invulnerability would make him immune to it like superman
they probably havent read a green lantern comic before cmon dont give them credit

>>82959577
by "literally" he means as in a god themself caused the problem
the joke theyre going for in the show is that "gods" exist in comic book universes so they can in fact take it literally
so yeah he is a dumbass but for a different reason
>>
File: 1429154373496.jpg (140 KB, 271x398) Image search: [Google]
1429154373496.jpg
140 KB, 271x398
>>82957313
>>82957374
>>82957558
I missed that initially and lost it when I showed the trailer to my wife last night.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.