[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Fuck you, Barry, stop being happy": The episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 302x252) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 302x252
>"Fuck you, Barry, stop being happy": The episode

Why do they do this? Why must he suffer so much?
>>
>>82953805
Yeah that was so weird especially coming from the last episode. I chalk it up to poor dialog.
>>
Because Thawne didn't die, he ascended, and is now the monitor for this universe.
>>
It's kind of hard to see the death of a character as a sad and tragic event when Barry could run back in time at any point and stop it from happening.
>>
It's hilarious how everyone was legit so taken aback because Barry is happy for once.

This show at the start was about Barry having fun being the Flash but he's been moping so much recently when he's genuinely happy, his friends are like "something's wrong with this guy, we gotta bring him back down to Earth"
>>
Apparently Barry will remain as optimistic in S3 which I doubt somehow.
Also finale predictions?
>Zoom tricks Barry into racing him, using both of their speedforce to force a crisis or end a universe
>at the same time Cisco and Caitlin uses Reverbs gear to travel to E2 where they find the masked man
>masked man is unveiled as JWS Jay
>he gears up and catches up with Zoom and Barry and knocks them down
>Zoom freaks out over Jays es ape and goes for the kill
>Barry freaks out at seeing his "dad" alive again and "NEVER AGAIN", snapping Zooms neck
>Jays is grief stricken but understanding as Barry just murdered his son but Barry continues to freak out
>Wally and Jesse power reveal at the end of the episode
>>
>>82953805
I hate where they are going with zoom,I expected him to be bit more interesting. also why are most ep about Barry talking to people about the ongoing station?how many heart to hearts do we need?
>>
>>82953831
The monitor? From infinite crisis?
>>
>>82953955
I think masked man is the true jay and somehow he was snatched out of time by his evil version and the moment he returns to his right time the evil version will vanish into thin air because he is just a living possibility from a path that never was.
>>Zoom tricks Barry into racing him, using both of their speedforce to force a crisis or end a universe
too early.
>Barry freaks out at seeing his "dad" alive again and "NEVER AGAIN", snapping Zooms neck
nah. he did not even save his earth 2 mom
>Wally and Jesse power reveal at the end of the episode
this will happen
>>
>>82953978
he is thinking about the anti monitor
>>
>>82953936
Well, a metahuman invasion from earth 2 led by Zoom is not the right time to be genuinely carefree, optimistic and happy. Also constantly talking about how the universe is on their side DID sound like crazy talk.

If Barry had come out of the speedforce not just changed mentally, but also faster and stronger than ever, then it would have made sense for him to have such an increase in confidence, but his friends see him get slapped around all the time by Zoom's minions and even the zombie bully from last episode got a hit in. Barry seems to be weaker than he was the last time he faced Zoom BEFORE Zoom took his speed. Makes perfect sense that everyone is worried as fuck that Barry is way too confident and will get himself and everyone else killed as a result of that.
>>
File: monitors.jpg (28 KB, 513x301) Image search: [Google]
monitors.jpg
28 KB, 513x301
>>82953978
>>82954057
I am thinking of the Monitors, plural, there is one of them for each of the DC universes.
>>
>>82954073
>Also constantly talking about how the universe is on their side DID sound like crazy talk.
it sounded more religious and since he saw the force face to face it was not unfounded
>>
>>82954113
does not seem like a job that would go to an evil guy
>>
>>82953805
>"Barry can we talk?"
By the 3rd time I was laughing, as the gang again tried to lower the spirits of the only person keeping them alive.
>>
>>82954188
Barry do you know people are starving in africa?
>>
>>82954124
It did feel unfounded to them because they saw that Barry was still as weak as ever, jobbing to even a zombified meta whose only power is to turn his skin to iron and punch really hard.
>>
>>82953910
yeah, because that always works out so well.
>>
>>82954141
he monitors are above such things as good and evil.
>>
>>82953805
Speedforce works only if you are depressed
>>
>>82954207
"Dead puppies Barry, that is all". Joe Exits pursued by a gorilla.
>>
>>82954272
Worked out fine when Savage killed everyone. Or when Joe was killed by weather Wizard. It only doesn't work when he's trying to correct an event very far in the past and changing it will inevitably create a huge butterfly effect that will completely change the future, like saving his mother.

Immediately travelling back in time to correct something that just happened should by the own rules set by the story not have any huge negative impact. At least none that Barry wouldn't be willing to risk to save his father.
>>
>>82954207
>We can stop Zoom you guys!
>Barry, look at this picture. All these kittens died Barry. All of them. You weren't fast enough to save them.
>>
>>82953805
It was a bit more than optimism. Dude was literally saying
>the universe is with us
>I know, because it told me
That's not just optimistic, it's kind of insane.

And, on the one hand, we actually saw it happen. And Barry was, in the end, basically right. They totally stopped all of Zoom's henchmen easy peezy and they're definitely stopping Zoom next episode.

But the point was always that things are still dangerous, and just because you can win doesn't mean it might not cost you, as we saw.
>>
>>82954588

I think the point everyone was trying to get across to Barry is that the universe may be backing him in the race, but it's not going to rig it for him.
>>
I really hope they push Wally off to Legends or something. Kid is such a shit actor and all of his scenes are cringe, and now we have to deal with him being a speedster.
>>
>>82955507
Nope, youll get even less Henry/Jay and more Wally since JWS will be a LoT regular now
>>
>>82953978
There was an Infinite Crisis?
>>
>>82953805
why didn't Oliver ask Barry to help with Dark? Barry could've handled that shit in 10 minutes
>>
>>82955573

It's fine, I'm actually getting quite sick of his speeches. Season 2 forced the crying speeches way too hard.
>>
>>82955507
It's not completely the actor's fault though. The writers on The Flash aren't very good, and they're not really giving him good scenes, or rather they just keep giving him bad scenes.
>>
>>82955599
Why didn't Barry ask Oliver to help with Zoom. Oliver wouldn't have let that shlep escape continuously
>>
>>82953805
Well... I mean Zoom did just speedmurder his Dad so maybe everyone's fears that Barry had let his guard down weren't unfounded.
>>
>>82955819

Zoom knows exactly where Barry goes every day. It's either the star labs, home, or his forensics lab and yet they all keep going back there, including regular humans. Iris forced her way into all of this and they act like it's a surprise when someone gets kidnapped or killed.
>>
>>82955819
It's not like Barry letting his guard down or just being an idiot in general is some new thing he picked up.
>>
A recent Arrow rating has it at 1.94 million what does that mean? Oh, and Flash is at 3.37 million
>>
>>82954385
>when Savage killed everyone
Caused a city to get nuked later on Arrow to balance it out.
>when Joe was killed by Weather Wizard
A literal rip in the fabric of reality.

Time travel has a balance in this universe and when you prevent something something just as bad happens anyway.
>>
>>82955954
Depends if that's a significant drop from previous viewership figures I guess.
>>
>>82955954
It doesbt mean anything till it drops out of the CWs top 10
>>
File: 1319339646807.jpg (19 KB, 366x286) Image search: [Google]
1319339646807.jpg
19 KB, 366x286
>>82955954
Arrow ratings have been steadily dropping like a fucking rock since the start of this season.

Hopefully it means they'll get new fucking writers, since everyone who's leaving agrees Guggy and his whale are solely responsible with all their Felicity worship.
>>
>>82956214

It'd be amazing if they could turn it around but i doubt it.
>>
>>82954034

Barry doesn't outright kill like that.
All they have to do is drain Zoom's speedforce. Zoom will die as a result because he's sick and needs it in his body.
>>
>>82957937
Except Zoom is still dying.

His lightning is still blue and that's probably why he wants to kill Earth 2, to take an entire universe with him.
>>
anybody got that webm of Black Siren getting knocked out?
>>
>>82958028
I know he's still dying. That's why he needs speedforce to live. Draining him will kill him/stop him.
>>
I hope they give him a new costume for season 3 that's less leathery and more red.
>>
File: 1460113285244.gif (161 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
1460113285244.gif
161 KB, 550x800
>killing off his dad after all that shit they went through

Nah that's not cool, fake alt Joe wasn't cool either. Let Barry have something, he's a hero fucking make him feel like it's worth it. At this point I'm all for Barry going reverse Flash because it's just not worth it.

If there is anything modern comics, Arrow and Flash have taught me it's that being a bad guy is infinity more rewarding. saying that it seems pretty obvious to me that Barry is going to fuck the timelines to save his dad, perhaps swap his Dads life for Zooms and get him 'wraith'd or something
>>
>>82959787
PrisonDad is getting replaced with FlashDad who is alt PrisonDad
>>
>>82959928
But it's not his dad it's guy who looks like his dad and that's nowhere near the same. It's cheap and his character deserved better.
>>
>>82955507
I've been finding him a lot more likable recently.
>>
>>82959787
its ok, he has 2 other spare dads to fill the gap.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.