[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many gender/race swaps are out there at the moment? Off the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
How many gender/race swaps are out there at the moment? Off the top of my head Whor, Miles, Wolverine and Falcap.
>>
File: 1463418657187.jpg (134 KB, 600x1108) Image search: [Google]
1463418657187.jpg
134 KB, 600x1108
>>
>>
File: spider-man-miles-morales.jpg (133 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-miles-morales.jpg
133 KB, 488x750
>>
>>82953769
>swaps

You are using a word you do not appear to be understanding.

The correct term here would be "legacies".

"Swaps" would imply that it was the same character, physically altered in some manner.
>>
>>82953830
What are you on about? Swap is a perfectly fine way to put it. They swapped the original character out for a substitute. In most of these I'm pretty sure the original character is still floating around too. So its not like they handed over some legacy or mantle.
>>
>>82953769
I don't think Miles or Falcon counts since the originals are here
>>
>>82953769
Captain Marvel
>>
>>82953897
Ok then that still doesn't make sense. Because Peter Parker is still Spider-Man and Captain America is Steve Rogers
>>
>>82953897
Nah he's right, swaps and legacies are completely different. Legacies in the long run are almost always addition rather than replacement due to the status quo returning eventually.
>>
>>82953769
Does anyone have the comic of the black guy talking about Thor and the Feminist going to far? I need it.
>>
>>82953769

What, no mention of Wally West (who was actually race-shifted to black) or Power Girl (who was replaced by a hyper intelligent young black woman and got rid of the boob window)?

Ohhh that's right this is just a thread by some bottom-bitch /tv/ poster, I forgot.
>>
>>82953769
>whor
>spidernigger
>whorverine
>Barack hussein Obama
>ms. Muslim
>captain only interesting thing about her is rogue stole her powers
>>
>>82955478
Like anyone knows or cares about Mar-Vel
>>
>>82955902
Poor Rogue, good thing that nasty puss cancer is easily hidden and doesn't cover her face or show on that skin tight uniform
>>
>>82955844
Whos wally west he related to adam west
>>
>>82953769
What about cases where the male character was actually transformed into a female and not just swapped out?

Disclosure: My Fetish
>>
>>82955844
That's why I asked you dumb cunt. I don't know.
>>
>>82953769
Does Fan4tastic count?
>>
>>82956154
Wasn't there a case of this in like Dial H or something like that?
>>
>>82956154
That's only really Loki and that was due to him stealing Sif's body
>>
Jane Thor
Miles
Silk
X-23
Captain Falcon
Ms. Marvel (both of them)
Quasar
Chulk
Kate Bishop (sort of)
Kid villains (Loki, Thane, Apoc Jr.)
Marvel went full DC and made fucking everyone a legacy
>>
>>82956313
>calls whor Jane Thor

You know how i know you are a cuck?
>>
>>82956380
Because I blacked your wife?
>>
>>82953776

Hate it when comics do this. Successors are cool. Legacies are cool. Old heroes being replaced by new and maybe even different heroes are cool. So what if people don't like it and it gets switched back, not like that hasn't happened a hundred times before and at least you tried. >>82953796 is better than >>82953776 and >>82953787 because at least the writer clearly had the confidence to own it.

Does DC do this "I'm taking on this mantle NO MATTER WHAT THE MEAN INTERNET SAYS"-thing or is it exclusively a smug Marvel line?
>>
>>82956419
That makes no sense nigger. That is the opposite of a cuck. Also I'm a kiss less virgin so don't you look stupid now faggot.
>>
>>82956455
DC did most of their diverse legacies before the SJW age so no, they didn't really push that sort of commentary. Marvel also likes to play on the idea that these characters make people upset. I remember they tried to push the Chulk mystery by claiming that people who hated Whor would also hate it. They seem to be completely blind to people's actual complaints.
>>
>>82956455
What DC characters really changed mantles? Flash, GL, batman but only for a short time and everyone loves dick.

It isn't to the same extent and marvel likes to change their big characters to niggers and dykes. DC only does that to small characters like Mr terrific or doesn't go full force like having a ton of green lanterns
>>
>>82953769
Whor is a funny name but if Eric Masterson can be Thor surely a woman can be Thor.

It's the cancer part that's insulting.
>>
>>82956607
>if Eric Masterson can be Thor surely a woman can be Thor
Sure, just toss the entire mythology behind the character into the fucking trash.
>>
File: 4c3.png (518 KB, 600x890) Image search: [Google]
4c3.png
518 KB, 600x890
>>82956380
because it takes one to know one?
>>
>>82956607
>>82956651
They should've pulled a Beta Ray Bill and just have Odin give Jane a hammer since she was a good ally to Thor and not the face of the Patriarchy that SJWs want him to be
>>
>>82953769
Wolverine, Captain America - Sam Wilson, Thor, Spider-man, Falcon (Mexican), Kamala Khan, Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
>>
>>82956110
He was The Flash for about 22 years. Very good character. They got rid of him to bring back Barry Allen as The Flash, then turned him into a black kid sidekick.
>>
>>82956930
Blame Dan Didio. He has said he wanted him gone when he got the job.
>>
>>82956313
>Marvel went full DC and made fucking everyone a legacy

And I hate it so much.
>>
>>82956588
Speedy, Aqualad, Superboy/girl, all the Flashes, the GLs, Sandman, Rose Wilson, Miss Martian, that young Brainiac from the future. Just about all the big name DC characters have a mini me
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.