[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Riverdale trailer leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
The Riverdale trailer leaked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3NxIg3tuUo
>>
In case it's taken down:
http://betty-and-jughead.tumblr.com/post/144639383552/ipikaboo-spoiler-from-cws-riverdale-trailer
>>
is this Archie or Twin Peaks for teens ??
>>
>>82953059
Archie meets teen drama shit like Pretty Little Liars
>>
>>82952971
fuck it's real and

it looks generic as fuck
>>
>>82953059
both
>>
>>82953084
might be stupid but the dead body made me think After Life With Archie
>>
>>82952971
How does everyone here keep forgetting that this is supposed to be a joke?

It won't be funny, though. It's someone trying to turn a College Humor skit into a a series.

It isn't going to work.
>>
The entire first bit I was expecting it to switch gears as a joke to mock generic teen shows and have quaint but classic Archie humor, but you don't see a burger even close to Jughead's hand. All the joke Archie crossovers are closer to the sauce than this.
>>
>>82953135
>looks generic
>It's supposed to be a joke bro
>but yeah it looks like shit
>>
File: Shrughead.jpg (70 KB, 607x447) Image search: [Google]
Shrughead.jpg
70 KB, 607x447
This is exactly what I expected and I'm still shocked by how disappointed I am.
>>
>>82952971
Holy shit, it looks like a College Humor-type mock trailer. Except it's not funny.
>>
>>82953191
It also sounds exactly like it.

>>82953188
I just don't know why they thought it'd be an interesting direction to take.
>>
>>82952971

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

wow they literally took the above fan made movie trailer and made it into a TV show
>>
File: 1433760682075.jpg (87 KB, 463x424) Image search: [Google]
1433760682075.jpg
87 KB, 463x424
>>82952971
Where's my actual Archie series starring a goofy ginger spilling his spaghetti and Jughead being an absolute boss?
>>
They went full gotham on this, hopefully everyone will be batshit crazy by episode 6
>>
>>82953412
...........That does actually sound great in a way
>>
Ms. Grundy is hot. Hot!
>>
>>82953532
They should rename the program Milftown
>>
>>82953304
>Where's my actual Archie series starring a goofy ginger spilling his spaghetti and Jughead being an absolute boss?

In the 1950s.
>>
>>82952971
Is this Archie or super natural ?
>>
>Multiple books were cancelled and a dozen people were fired.
>For this.

Archie Comics a shit.
>>
>>82954145

yes
>>
Looks like they were heavily inspired by Last of the Innocent from Brubaker.
>>
>>82952971
I'm still guessing that this is supposed to be a self-conscious parody of CW style teen drama shows. There's no way they can think this works on a serious level.
>>
>>82955225
RIP in Peace Mega Man
Never forget.
>>
>>82953059
This is not even Twin Peaks for anyone. This is all those summer teen thriller shows and movies put in a blender.
Twin Peaks was a little self-aware, a little more esoteric, it was by no means flawless but its direction at the very least didn't feel predictably stenciled.

Here we just have a cast of pretty people in a concept of them doing bad things. The weird thing is they could have just put all those high school TV shows in a blender like One Tree and Degrassi and that and I'd have less to complaints since that could work for Archie. If this was a Sabrina reimagining I could pretend to understand but Weird Mysteries and those horror themed spin offs does not make Archie the concept suddenly a thriller.

THIS IS THE SETTING WITH FUCKING COMICAL CHRONIC OVER EATER JUGHEAD JONES AND BIG OAF MOOSE! HOW DO YOU GET HERE?!
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 600x900
I'll probably just watch it for the husbandos
>>
When will people finally realize that the CW and other network shows are always trite vacuous dogshit?
>>
>>82956567
It's not ignorance. Everyone knows they're not masterpieces but they still enjoy them.
>>
>>82954127
>IT'S NOT 1941 ANYMORE ARCHIE
>>
Fuck me I'm depressed
At least the new comics have gags, this is just shit drama
>>
>>82956622
And that's why we get more shitty adaptations like this one.
>>
>>82955225
?
>>
>>82956567

You take what you can get
>>
>>82956834
Well yeah, they make what they think people will watch. If you care that much just go back and read the comics.
>>
According to test screening it just left people confused.
>>
Cheryl will find an ally in Hiram Lodge when he comes to find those that framed him.
>>
What?
>>
That... is not what I expected. Hopefully it's funny and the trailer is just awful.
>>
WHY IS ARCHIE BANGING GRUNDY? Fuck I don't even know why it's making me so mad
>>
>>82958055
>mad

You meant "hard".
>>
>>82953142
In the show he's supposed to be a coffee addict to replace the burgers
>>
>>82956484
>Pubes are not gingered
DROPPED
>>
>>82954088
>Beaverdale: An Archie XXX Parody
>>
Reminds me of this. It's like a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XoKD8Gh-tE
>>
>>82952971
Looks pretty good, seedy and bitchy enough to appeal to tweens of today and the Twin Peaks vibe is always welcome.
>>
>>82959150
10/10 would fap to
>>
File: Archie.jpg (786 KB, 857x1920) Image search: [Google]
Archie.jpg
786 KB, 857x1920
Is this accurate?
>>
>>82961375
It's missing Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, but otherwise it seems about right.
>>
>>82961375
Best of Archie now has four volumes, and as another anon pointed out, it's missing Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
>>
>>82963501
>>82964144
It's also missing Archie vs. Predator, although that one was published by Dark Horse.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.