[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is fucking awesome.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (956 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
956 KB, 640x1136
Magneto is a badass!!
>>
I love ol'Mags
>>
>>82946107
This is the best depiction of Magneto I've read.
>>
>>82946482
Definitely anon. This was amazing 9/10.
>>
storytime?
>>
>>82946107
storytime?
>>
>>82946157
>>82946482
>>82946660
....Is this some Marvel writer shilling? This is /co/ for Christ sakes look at all this positivity.
>>
>>82946776
/co/ is almost always positive tho. Only people from boards like /v/ and /tv/ assume it isn't
>>
>>82948193
haha GTFO /co/ is always on some negative hater bullshit this is the most positive thread i've seen in years, and it's about 6 posts in just wait
>>
>>82946776

/co/ hates popular things regardless of quality, and bad things.
This book wasn't popular and was good, meaning its generally well-received.

Is the Uncanny X-Men run following up on this any good? I know it has Land art, but I was hoping Bunn might continue channeling whatever helped him do this book into it.
>>
I liked the first couple issues of this series but I lost interest quickly
>>
>>82946107
I have to agree
>>
>>82948363

After Land leaves You can stomach Elixir dying AGAIN, but Bendis's X-Man lives. it's alright. But nowhere near the levels of Bunn went with the Magneto ongoing.

Though that all changes if he delivers after teasing a future Mojo arc. Because Mojo = GOAT X-Men villain.
>>
>>82948363
It's basically MAgneto vol 2 + friends
Also, there is a scene of Mags talking with Xorn
>>
>>82948789

Land is coming back based on the newest solicits.
I think he was just off for the Apocalypse arc.
>>
>>82948443
yeah, too narrative
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>82948443
Did you ready this?

>Determined to fight the war for mutantkind's survival on his own terms, Magneto will safeguard the future of the mutant race by hunting down each and every threat that would see his kind extinguished--and bloody his hands that they may never be a threat again.
>>
>>82948794
When we see who's wearing mask now, I know I won't like reveal.
>>
>>82949425
And who's among his victims? Some wallpaper flatscans.
>>
>>82949425
Not him, but I'd say issue two would be within a grouping of "the first couple issues"

Why are you posting solicits, they don't actually tell you anything about the issue
I like the book, but man, is this an elaborate trolling attempt?
This thread make is making me skin crawl, as if aliens had invaded and are pretending be our friends

I guess what I should say here is "lurk moar"
>>
>>82946107
Magneto is probably my favorite Marvel character and I loved this series
>>
File: 131081-172690-elixir.jpg (20 KB, 441x640) Image search: [Google]
131081-172690-elixir.jpg
20 KB, 441x640
>>82948789
>elixir
Damn the fates that treat my husbando the way they do. I remember him briefly appearing with a group in the ruins of Utopia before secret wars as well as him dying in the Death of Wolverine nonsense. Is he gone for good /co/ while goldballs of all mutants is flopping around as a spider man side character?
>>
File: Magneto 016.jpg (595 KB, 1313x990) Image search: [Google]
Magneto 016.jpg
595 KB, 1313x990
It was good.
>>
>>82949528
Flatscans, Predator X owners, MGH dealers, an undead Nazi (but I presume all Nazi's are on his list), one innocent little mutant girl, oh... and the Marauders!
He hunted those cloned pricks down and kept killing them over and over again in revenge for the Morlock massacre until he found their cloning tanks and turned them into his private war zombie-clone cannon-fodder.
Top LOLs, Mags. Keep it up.

ALSO: WTF is up with that groupie?
>>
>>82949923
He's not serious confirmed
>>
>>82949923
Yeah, thanks for reminding me of bad guys. Such impact. Loved how all of Marauders got to live, except Creed. Too savage, my ass. Guess Inversion works that well.
And groupie...
>I joined Magneto to get my revenge!
>but not really
>I'll betray him to SHIELD!
>but that's part of his plan
>and I'll talk to his only child behind his back
>I'm such spy
>>
Tell us a story!!
>>
>>82946107
Bunn can do anti-heroes and villains well
>>
>>82950066
Pfft! Cloned Creeds were always suck. I don't know why they kept doing hims when they were suck by default:
Every time Wolverine killed/beat Creed - it's just a Marauder clone! The REAL Creed is the one who kicks ass!
That gave writers a retcon out for any uncharacteristic sucky Sabretooth story.
And it's canon that they could never clone his healing factor right, so what was even the point of having a defective clone soldier?
>>
>>82950268
Him writing Aquaman story was a mistake. He should've done Orm story, I doubt anyone would object to that.
>>82950525
Maybe he gets cloned because he's THAT good of tracker and killer? Lets ignore other tracker, Scalphunter. And you gotta have lone savage loner on team, anyway.
>>
>>82950603
Ugh! Scalphunter...
Even setting aside that name, OMGaaawd he sucks!
WhatTheFuck are his powers again? "Techno-morph"? Is he supposedto be a Forge rip-off? What does that even mean?
I once read a comic that said his powers were super-mutant tracking abilities, then there's the tech-armor and construct-your-own guns, then there's the hinting at a healing factor.
Just what are his powers? Each of these occasionally gets ignored depending on who's writing him.
Thank Phoenix that Magneto maimed him horribly and only took the slightly less lame Marauder clones into his servitude.
>>
>>82950902
Did you read New Suicide Squad? There's guy that manipulates objects around him to create guns and ammo. Alas, Scalphunter is completely irrelevant in grand scheme ofSuicide so he'll get lolhealing factor just like every bad mugga.
>>
Too bad they had to fuck the series over with all of the events they had. This is why I hate modern Marvel: Too many good series get tiny-ass runs because they have to conform to the clusterfuck event of the month. Can't wait for the new Punisher to get shit-canned for the same reason too.
>>
>>82951072
I know this is like hatespeech to a DC fanboy, but the last issues of Suicide squad I read totally gave it a Marvel feel to the book.
But no, I missed the 'techno-morph" guy.
(So it's a sort of shapeshift telekinesis for tech? That sounds superdumb.)
>>
>>82951126
Like you really believed it would be a mainstay flagship title?
It had a really good run for being a solo creator project. I just hope it has some sort of storyline pick-up/continuation in Uncanny. Or at least influence how they write Mags from now on.
>>
>>82951168
Nah, he was awesome.
>>82951126
What annoys me most is how Erik went from "maybe I was monster indeed" to "you were right, Charles. Gene war is bad idea" to "you muggas want easy way out, mwahahaha I broke your pods, go and die in Mists".
Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>82949579

Writer confirmed he didn't die in Death of Wolverine. He did get a holy shit moment in that issue of Uncanny, but I wish the healers had been swapped. Nothing interesting about Triage, but I suppose Elixir was too OP for their story.
>>
File: Crazy-Magneto-1461101467436.jpg (23 KB, 145x198) Image search: [Google]
Crazy-Magneto-1461101467436.jpg
23 KB, 145x198
>>82951264
Well original flavour Magneto was crazy as all fuck, BUT he was always trying to do good by mutantkind so when they de-crazied him they gave him basically the same mission-plan as the X-Men.
But soon it was decided that violent radical in pursuit of his political goals should be default Magneto - and that works: not pure evil but clearly wrong enough to have superhero battles.
Then came a depowering, repowering, he got his own Genosha, and then that stupid Xorn story, and Genosha got blown up, and M-Day depowered(again), and repowered, etc... etc...
Basically when he's got the same idea of what will solve a problem that the X-Men have they're allies. Recent crap being thrown at mutants makes fighting among each other counterproductive. For the most part.
The thing about the cryo-pods was a matter of seeing part of the mutant population abandon their people and just sit it out, not helping, not participating in an effort to survive, not even observing it.
When your brother is drowning you throw him a life-preserver. It's morally abhorant to just look away. Or choose to sleep through it.
>>
>>82951408
I choose to believe that they'll bring Elixir back to life in typical superhero death fashion.
He has healing powers, a healing factor, an iconic look, and a fanbase. How can they kill all that?
>>
>>82951538
I know what you're saying but I don't know. Guess I saw it as regression. Finally start coping with his demons and boom, back to square one.
>>
File: AUG152630.jpg (46 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
AUG152630.jpg
46 KB, 797x1000
>>82951691
Oh he's been regressing back to Brotherhood of Evil Mutants territory for some time now.
The difference these days is that he's been hanging out with the X-Men who seem just as violent radical terrorist as him.
Think about it: Mags is along for Scotty's long slow ride to supervillian, they end up hanging out with the wonderfully evil telepath Emma Frost and the Magik girl who is half demon and has her own hell full of demons on call, those are the subordinates to the goodguy he hangs out with.
And now there's the X-team of a ninja assassin, a souless archangel of death, a feral bloodthirsty murderous beastman "gone good", and ... M.
All basically evil. Kinda like a Brotherhood...
>>
>>82946107
He's so Pringles.

Where yo curleh mustache at?
>>
>>82949467
The Xorn from the Morrison run was intended by Morrison to be Magneto but was later retconned into being a (I guess shapeshifting) mutant named... Xorn.
That way Magneto lives, doesn't die in an uncharacteristic asshat Hitler-wannabe pointless manner, and all that Xorn introduction and backstory doesn't go to waste.
And that would have been the end of it but some idiot writer wanted Xorn back on the X-Men team and so wrote in a brother with nearly identical powers and headgear. Who was good, not evil.
>>
>>82952090
Magneto doesn't lead X-team, he doesn't have mandate.
>>82952438
Yeah, I know who Xorn is. I meant more of /co/'s XORN IS CYCLOPS meme theory.
>>
So is magneto actually bald now or is he just shaving his head in honour of his favourite dead baldie?

Because he doesn't look good without hair.
>>
>>82952495
Wha-wha-WHAT? ... Nah, man. I don't see it.
Granted, Cyke obvi-faked his own death in epic Xavier-being-a-dick tradition, but Xorn fits the healer story too well. Plus they get to put a final nail into the Morrison story by having those two interact as much as possible. I figure that HE'll show (if anywhere) in the upcoming Hellfire club story. Crawling back to the ex when things go bad...
And OF COURSE Magneto leads the team!
He's the only Machiavelian mastermind on-staff. Who else did you think was calling those shots?
>>
>>82952544
He's gotta be over a hundred by now (because of the link to WW2) , even for a mutant with a funky age history the odds are that he's gone at least partially bald.
>>
File: ChyPIoMXAAA5Is0.jpg (69 KB, 486x552) Image search: [Google]
ChyPIoMXAAA5Is0.jpg
69 KB, 486x552
>>82946107

i agree. Magneto is da best jew in the world.
>>
>>82950268

I agree. Bunn should just do villains but Sinestro and Magneto prove that he's best with the posturing and manipulative villains.

>>82950603

Black Manta. The level of blackdickery would be astronomical. From Smugnestro to Dickmanta.
>>
>>82952721
>jew with magnet powers

If only gold was magnetic.
>>
>>82952753
Nah, Orm. Black Manta is like Thawne, nothing to repent them. Sinestro has his Korugarian and proud!, Magneto has mutant and proud!, Orm has Atlantean and proud!
>>
>>82946107
The only things he lacks is a beard and mustache.

If he had them, he'd be complete.
>>
>>82946776
>X-Men
>marvel shilling
>>
>>82946107
he died like a boss but I felt too many characters sucked his dick. also
>TFW no redhead qt whos life you ruined
>>
>>
>>82946107
Storytime?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.