[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He will get a proper film adaptation one day. One day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Riddler_02.jpg (80 KB, 470x413) Image search: [Google]
Riddler_02.jpg
80 KB, 470x413
He will get a proper film adaptation one day.

One day.
>>
No he won't. He'll next be played by Adam Sandler.
>>
File: Tom-Mison-Feature-Photo.jpg (214 KB, 612x344) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Mison-Feature-Photo.jpg
214 KB, 612x344
>>82945472
>Never received a good live-action Riddler that isn't Jim Carrey.
>Never received a mentally unstable genius who would taunt and tease Gotham/Batman throughout the movie.
>Never received an origin story that isn't a terrible Jim Carrey office worker is upset.

As a Riddler fan, I want my clever villain who doesn't rely on gags or isn't played by a comedian.

>There won't be a Riddler played by Tom Mison.
>>
>>82945614
Frank Gorshin was good, but short-lived. Gotham's Riddler is pretty good, and they're hinting at him actually getting into his Riddler persona, so there's that to look forward to.

But yeah, he's had some pretty shit luck when it comes to being included by writers. The shitty thing is that when people do use him, he's fucking great, but then they RARELY use him, so it just feels like a constant cock-tease.

Like, the Arkham Riddler is fantastic, but he's always shitty side missions. He's never part of the big scheme or in cutscenes with other villains. And the comics tested the waters with him redeeming himself and becoming a detective to try and encourage writers to use him more, but then they backtracked that so now people are refraining from using him again. Everytime he shows up in the comics though, he's just fucking great.

The last good animated Riddler was B:TAS though. Batman: Assault on Arkham Riddler was fine, but again, way too little involvement to leave you feeling satisfied.

It's just fucking torture being a Riddler fan, waiting for his next big moment to shine only to be blueballed or disappointed. At least I have this to keep myself happy:
http://theriddlerspeaks.tumblr.com/
>>
>>82945896
It has nothing to do with luck. It's HARD to write the Riddler well and it's challenge some rise to and most avoid altogether. There's a reason why BTAS Riddler had only 3 episodes focusing on him.

Frank Gorshin was as good a riddler as you will ever see because that man brought life to a character with his somewhat manic-depressive portrayal of his peaks and valleys of energy as he goes through a caper. Plus Gorshin designed the outfit he wore because he was deadset against wearing spandex. In addition, many of his schemes and riddles in the show were taken directly from the comics and they had comic writers writing the episodes.

You will need extremely talented writers to make a good Riddler villain work in a movie and it's just not going to happen because they're not up to snuff. Better to let not use him than let him get misused once again.
>>
>>82945472
SHIT
>>
>>82945472
Jessie Eisenberg did okay

I know it's not official, but I'm enjoying Gotham's Riddler
>>
File: Batman-Robin-1966-TV-Riddler.jpg (248 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Robin-1966-TV-Riddler.jpg
248 KB, 1024x768
I don't care how goofy or campy the plots were, Frank Gorshin's performances were badass.
>>
File: batman shark.png (1014 KB, 1600x868) Image search: [Google]
batman shark.png
1014 KB, 1600x868
>>82948678
I can't think of a single flaw in any of 60s Batman. It was the perfect cape show, yet to be duplicated equaled or surpassed.
>>
File: santo2.jpg (22 KB, 175x252) Image search: [Google]
santo2.jpg
22 KB, 175x252
>>82948749
The only flaw I can think of is it didn't get a chance to do characters that didn't exist yet.

Greetings Senior Batman. I am Bane and I have traveled all the way to Gotham to prove to the world that I am the greatest luchador in existence and I challenge you in the ring. If I win you must leave Gotham on your honor and if I lose then I will cease promoting venom tonic supplements to my devotees. If you do not face me in the ring then you will forever be known as the greatest coward who ever lived.
>>
Just yank him right out of the Arkham Games
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.