[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dawn of Capevidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 16
>A Superman title developed by WB Montreal is rumored to be announced at E3
>WB Montreal is also dedicated to working on 2 more DC related games(one potentially Suicide Squad)
>Telltale also expressed interest in working on a Superman title alongside with its already announced batman game and marvel title next year
>Sony may announce a new Spider-Man exclusive to the PS4K during E3
>DC also wants to tie it's movie universe with games to one up and compete with the MCU as well

Is /co/ ready for the rise for a new age in vidya for capes?
>>
It's all going to be terrible.
>>
>>82944951
>>DC also wants to tie it's movie universe with games to one up and compete with the MCU as well
This sounds like a terrible idea. Hopefully Cereal Lord puts a stop to this nonsense.
>>
The Arkham games are overrated as hell, video game tie-ins are shit. 0 hype for any of this.
>>
>>82944981
A suicide squad game would be pretty great in my opinion family member
>>
So is the thread joke going to be about how Superman has to mope every time he does something heroic or comparing the game to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction?
>>
>>82944992
>Hopefully Cereal Lord puts a stop to this nonsense.

That sounds like a Johns idea. The guy is a complete retard in general.
>>
I always wondered why Marvel instead of bitching about how it doesnt have the x-men, sm, hulk and f4 movie rights doesnt make competent high quality games for each of those and then make its own videomatic universe.

Games make more money than movies this days anyways and they sell a lot of toys and merchandising (see Arkham series).

Videogame universes are the next big shit.
>>
>>82944981
Hell yeah it will be. Can't wait to see how bad it is though.
>>
>>82945044
Asylum was great faggot.

But yeah considering origins, knight and blackgate there are more bad titles than good on the series.
>>
>>82945088
I just want MUA 3
>>
File: 1433786053712.jpg (57 KB, 576x400) Image search: [Google]
1433786053712.jpg
57 KB, 576x400
>>82944951
>WB Montreal
>>
>>82944951
>>A Superman title developed by WB Montreal is rumored to be announced at E3
Get Platinum Games on it, give them a huge ass budget and tell them to make a real, actual game on the level of something like W101 instead of the cheap licensed games they've been making with Activision.

>>WB Montreal is also dedicated to working on 2 more DC related games(one potentially Suicide Squad)
Hell yeah, though I hope the Suicide Squad game has better combat than Arkham shit. If it's anything like the Arkham Origins multi, then fuck yeah.
>>
>>82945088
Because Disney like money, and they realised they make a shit load more money from shitty mobile games than actual games.
>>
>>82945180
Is Rocksteady better? Everyone was hailing for the return of rocksteady after Montreal's blunder but AK was a let down. The season pass a rip off with campaigns that lasted 15 minutes. No boss fights, lack of good easter eggs, shit plot, etc.
>>
>>82945088
Marvel screwed themselves into Mobile titles and the last AAA title they made was 2 years ago(I think Deadpool). Mobile Games are cheap to produce and is a cash cow for corporations. Unless the mobile bubble crashes, I doubt that we'll see AAA Marvel games for years
>>
>>82945242
Then why the fuck do they boycott the x-men movies if they make more money with mobile titles?

Also, mobile games dont sell merchandise. Actual games do.

They should just make their own X-men/SM/Hulk/F4 games and get 100% of the profits instead of sharing money with Sony, Fox and Universal on movies. They wouldnt have to hide f4 in the basement anymore.
>>
>>82945180
The boss fights in origins were arguably tell best in the series.

https://youtu.be/L0BkB7ROYc4
>>
>>82944951
I doubt any of those won't be garbage.
>>
>>82945345
Because nobody wants any of those games.
Rocksteady got lucky with the Arkham series, that's it.
>>
>>82945345
They don't make console games anymore, didn't you hear? Other studios might pick up some of the tittles now. I have a feeling companies like Activision wouldn't want to miss out on the superhero cash cow.
>>
>>82945055
It would be horrible because people are only interested in Harley, and thus, they would rehash the Arkham combat.
>>
File: 1349747174839.png (7 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1349747174839.png
7 KB, 288x499
>>82945442
>Because nobody wants any of those games.
Seriously, I think /co/ really overestimates their IPs a lot.
No one would care about a game made after most of their superheroes.
>>
>>82945480
>I have a feeling companies like Activision wouldn't want to miss out on the superhero cash cow.
The cash cow is in movies, not in videogames.
The only cash cows are smartphone garbage.
>>
File: characters-image.png (160 KB, 1232x651) Image search: [Google]
characters-image.png
160 KB, 1232x651
>>82945345
>Also, mobile games dont sell merchandise. Actual games do.
m8, we're currently living in an age where mobile games have both a much wider reach than console games, and make a shit load more money than console games. Don't forget, these fuckers cost a few bucks to produce, meanwhile, EA sinks about as much as Disney do per movie into a game.

And at the end of the day, these are all just advertisements for the movies. Think of it this way, my 60 year old mother plays Angry Birds on her phone, watched the Avengers, hasn't touched a console since the 90s when I made her play shit with me.
>>
>>82945136
I had mau2 for 360 i think and i still have no idea what i was suppose to do or how the game even plays like anymore.
>>
>>82945376
Shame the rest of the game was boring as fuck.
>>
>>82945620
Run around in circles while using that one Songbird attack that kills everything and your friends get mad at you cause it's got an annoying sound every time you do it.

At least that's how I played it
>>
>>82944951
>Telltale also expressed interest in working on a Superman title alongside with its already announced batman game and marvel title next year
W H Y
H
Y
Telltale games are shit, who actually wants this?
I've played doujin VN's with better stories and more choices than a telltale game.
>>
>>82945696
This.
I tried playing Walking Dead and they are just so fucking boring.
>>
>>82945522
Smartphone garbage > AAA games > movies in terms of how much money they make.

>>82945606
Angry birds is an exception. You dont see merchandising for many other app games
>>
>>82945044
Arkham series only gets praised cause it's the first big budget non shit capeshit game in a while with a character people are already familiar with, honestly I don't see where they could go with DC characters and no big group developer is gonna want to touch Superman cause reasons and the fact that he had one of the worst video games ever, as for Marvel their stuck in a mobile shithole even thou their characters could make for interesting solo console games and shit like before
>>
>>82944951
Why does he have a five o' clock shadow? Is he the evil Superman from Superman 3?
>>
>>82945746
>honestly I don't see where they could go with DC characters
>as for Marvel their stuck in a mobile shithole even thou their characters could make for interesting solo console games and shit like before
Fuck off, you company warring cunt.
>>
>>82945725
>Smartphone garbage > AAA games > movies in terms of how much money they make.
Not for Disney.
Disney banks in every year about 40 billion on merchandising alone.
For them, their movies just 2 hour advertisments for that merchandise.
That's why they don't really give a shit about what Feige does regarding the plot of the MCU, or what movies he makes, as long as they are minimally profitable and they give excuses to make toys, it works for them.
They are advertisments that people pay to watch, even if they weren't profitable Disney would keep making them.
>>
>>82945620
UA2 was way worse than both the X-men Legends games and UA1. Both as a game and a story, as it was doing civil war.
>>
>>82945800
I do know that the MCU is a platform to sell merchandising. Everyone believing the success comes from ticket sales is retarded. Its all about the toys. But regular games also sell a lot of toys, like Arkham.

Im not saying "suspend the MCU". Im just saying use the characters you dont have the movie rights to in good games.

A well played videogame universe might be as big as the MCU.

Im pretty sure DC is already working on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 441x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 441x492
>>82945791
>>
>>82945841
I thought gameplay was an improvement, I wish it had more costumes though, and solo super moves. But the story managed to be even worse than comics CW.
>>
>>82945725
>Angry birds is an exception. You dont see merchandising for many other app games
You mean how Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, Plans vs Zombies, etc etc, did? Or how Words with Friends had a physical release? Or Pictionary got rebranded as Draw Something? And those are off the top of my head, I'm sure someone else is much more autistic than me in remembering smartphone merchandising
>>
>>82945879
The best we can hope for in the near future is the supposed Spider-man game by Sucker Punch.
>>
>>82945879
Marvel hasn't done anything regarding videogames because Perlmutter thought it was a waste of time.
I remember reading years ago that Kevin Feige tried to make a deal with Activision and Platinum to make a Spiderman game that would have launched a ''MGU'' of sorts, but all this was stopped by Kike Perlmutter.
Maybe in a couple of years.
>>
>>82945879
But it won't. For the sole reason that games just don't have a big an audience as movies. Is it a big audience? Yes. Is it as big as the movies get? Fuck no
>>
>>82945919
You heard me.
>>
>>82945515
If they were good games people would buy them.
>>
>>82945791
It's not a company thing Marvel is really just doing mobiles and outside of that it was Lego games and Disney Infinity and the latter got shitcanned.

DC just does the ocassional Batman games and everything else is usually subpar.
>>
>>82945989
Big games sell like 10m and sell for 60 bucks. Sure, the developer doesn't get all the money, but the theater also takes its huge cut.
>>
>>82946015
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>82945929
It has been a while since I played it, don't even think I have it anymore. I just remember unlocking characters through needing to collect items as opposed to finding a hidden thing much lamer and getting rid of solo supers entirely for team stuff was less fun and way more over powered.

Are those games available digitally anywhere?
>>
File: even speedwagon is wonderful.gif (399 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
even speedwagon is wonderful.gif
399 KB, 500x281
>>82946015
>>
>>82946015
They might, but people aren't going to be excited for like, a Green lantern game, no matter how good it might be on release.
>>
File: 1304569225163.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1304569225163.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
>>82944951
>a new superman game
yay
>is a tie in to the movies
fuck
>>
I just want MvC4 or MvC3 on PC/PS4
>>
>>82946336
I heard a few days ago that MvC4 was never ever happening due license issues with Disney. It was all over the news (gaming news)
>>
>>82946234
>finding a hidden thing
That shit was cool.
>You have to win Blade in a claw machine
>You have to leave one of your characters in hell to get Ghost Rider
Would be even better if that character you leave is lost forever
>>
And yet the Lego games will remain the only ones worth playing
>>
>>82945180
I just picked up Arkham Origins a couple days ago after beating Knight. It might have a shitload of glitches and reused assets, but fuck me if the boss fights aren't fucking good. Especially after Rocksteady failed so miserably at them in every single one of their entries.
>>
>>82946975
No they didn't. Shitty journalists just ranted about how Marvel is Disney and wouldn't want mutants in a MvC4.
>>
File: sad sandler.png (201 KB, 395x234) Image search: [Google]
sad sandler.png
201 KB, 395x234
>>82944951
Only thing I have a little hype for is Sony making a Spidey game cause maybe they'll actually put in effort in a Spidey game like they used to. Plus doesn't Activision hold the gaming rights to Spidey? Doubt it would be PS4 exclusive and look at that no more hype
>>
>>82945180
Fuck you, glitches aside (I had none), Origins was the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>82944951
Source?
>>
I'm glad people ITT are admitting that Origins had the best boss fights in the series. At least WB Montreal tried, unlike Rocksteady.
>>
Unless you're adapting golden age Superman (which would be cool), it would be incredibly difficult just to get Superman to play like Superman and feel natural at the same time
>various speeds of flying
>various speeds of superrunning
>x-ray vision
>supervision
>superhearing
>superstrength
>superrestraint
>microvision
>heat vision
>ice breath
>super ventriloquism

You'd probably need to design an entirely new kind of controller to play as Superman, and that's just the controls! You'd also need to make an utterly massive world filled with hundreds of thousands of characters, with tons and tons of problems of various severities that need fixing, with natural disasters abd lots of supervillains so the game doesn't feel too small. Like Shenmue x GTA x 1,000,000

I don't think the technology is even quite there yet to make a good Superman game. But it would I'm not against letting someone try.
>>
>>82948738
The powers like heat vision or superstrength shouldn't be an issue in any modern action game. Superspeed and flight have been successfully done in things like City of Heroes. The supersenses are the only real problem, and even then the batman games have x-ray vision. Hell he sees people's pulses.
>>
>>82948927
What about several of them in tandem?
>>
>>82945088
Their mobile shit is all the same universe as Avengers alliance
>>
>>82948738
saints row has already done most of that
>>
>>82948927
This, in all honesty. Just make an action game, fit the gameplay around Superman (but still extensively an action game that shared much in common with other action games, like a standard life bar, a dodge with i-frames, etc.). So make it kind of like Bayonetta, W101, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, meets Zone of the Enders. So crazy, over-the-top, highly technical and skill-based, but with Superman's abilities.
>>
>>82948983
Like what? The combat relevant ones could just be part of any combo system. The senses Superman actively filters to begin with, so you'd only need an action button to focus them when you want to. Hold RT to zoom in supervision, hold LT to enhance superhearing, etc.
>>
>>82948983
saints row 4/gat out of hell have most of those powers
>>
>>82948738
People would be disappointed you can't topple buildings or launch people into space.
And if you can people will go
muh superman.
>>
>>82949148
So why not just have a short bonus campaign where you played as a villain and could actually rake havoc as Bizarro, Lobo, or Faora or something?
>>
>>82949029
>>82949089
The focus shouldn't be fighting people as Superman, that's boring. It should be about using his skill set to solve problems, save people, prevent disasters, and so on.
>>
>>82949148
so make a superman game where Brainiac has taken control of earth that way no one will complain about superman killing anyone
>>
Ok lets go. Your DC videogame universe

>Superman - Montreal game
>Wonder Woman - God of war ripoff
>Flash - Platinum action game
>Suicide Squad - Vigilante 8/Twisted metal ripoff (they will probably make a shooter out of this sadly)
>Green Lantern - Intergalactic rpg like Mass effect but less gay and better done
>Injustice 2
>>
>>82949148
If you do you'd fail whatever it is you're doing, have the city and its residents be your "health meter"
>>
>>82949223
...nigga, THAT'S boring.

Let me fight shit in huge, impressive displays that require a lot of skill, like any decent action game.
>>
>>82949273
There are already 10 million video games about that, Snyder.
>>
>>82949249
>>Injustice 2
I'd prefer a smash clone with marvel and dc heroes desu
>>
>>82949249
>Your DC videogame universe
>shared universe
Yeah, no. But I would make a shit ton of DC games if I could.

>Superman - action game with unique gameplay, made by Platinum
>The Flash - open-world sandbox game with unique gameplay based on speed
>WW - character action game like Bayonetta
>Green Lantern - plays like the Superman game but fit around GL
>RPG/adventure game set in the Vertigo 'universe'
>Suicide Squad - TPS with deep melee combat like RE5/6
>Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld - Zelda-style action-adventure with RPG mechanics
>>
>>82945073
Fuck off he's great and has done a lot for DC. What's your problem with him?
>>
>>82949249
Why the fuck would you make Suicide Squad into a Twisted Metal game? What about Suicide Squad says "yes this should be a vehicular combat game" to you? If any of these series are best suited for a shooter it's that one.
>>
>>82944992
It would probably work seeing how there are very few DC Universe devs. Feel like Injustice will get referenced in a multiverse movie.

Marvel has too many establish video game IPs and fanbases for a singular video game universe to work. People want Marvel fighting games, open world Spider-man web swinging games, Hulk destruction games, X-men beat em ups, Team up role-playing games, etc. etc. all from different devs.
>>
>>82949468
They are all villains with thematic weapons or costumes that would actually use vehicles and engage in high speed chases often.

If there is a property that could be made into a Twisted Metal game it would be this.

A shooter would fit, but it would be the easy way.
>>
>>82949367
>Superman
>Platinum Games

Nah bro just give them Wonder Woman. She needs them way more than anyone else.
>>
>>82949543
>A shooter would fit, but it would be the easy way.
You mean the way that gets you an actual fucking Suicide Squad game?
>>
>>82949249
I was thinking Wonder Woman should be a Souls-type game with a lot of cues from platformers.
>>
Injustice 2 at this E3 as well
>>
>>82949598
A Mass Effect-style SS game would work pretty well.
>>
>>82946287
I would be. It's my favorite comics franchise.
>>
>>82944951
What's wrong with your faaaaace?!
>>
>>82949249
>Mass Effect
>gay
You only have a point with the third part.
>>
>>82949725
>you're a random squad member
>die at the end of the game
>>
>>82949543
Anon, that's retarded, and missing the point of the Squad.
>>82949367
Your Flash idea could also make for a great Animal Man game (with gameplay based around his unique powers).
>>
>>82949860
>you can romance various squad members
>all the relationships are terrible if not outright abusive
>>
>>82949273
How about both? An action game that has lots of optional puzzles in it that allow you to save the day, while the main story is about finding the bosses and kicking their asses with a few mooks here and there wait a minute this is just the Arkham series but with Superman
>>
>>82950031
Oh man, I just want Captain Boomerang/Amanda Waller to finally happen. They're perfect for each other.
>>
I think a Flash game with a combat system similar to the Arkham series would be pretty good. Build up the combo meter (momentum) by doing moves in quick succession, mess up and get hit, unleash speedforce powers like lightning and tornados after going enough momentum.

Make the premise something simple like Iron Heights breakout or something and rounding up the rogues gallery could be pretty fun.
>>
>>82950398
Only if it's Fatmanda Waller.
>>
>>82945088
>then make its own videomatic universe.
This is exactly WB's plan.
>>
>>82950569
Well, duh. Bald Digger too.
>>
>>82948738
I just had this idea and based them off of the playstation controller:

X is jump, two taps to fly.
O is attack
Square is "increase speed" up to 5 levels of speed, from normal human to maximum. It goes in slow motion if you get close to an enemy or civilian at 3 and higher. Works on ground and in the air.
Triangle brings up a menu which allows various vision and hearing powers, x-ray, microscopic, and telescopic vision, as well as super-hearing are options. Obviously you can't have telescopic and microscopic vision both on.
L1 is the brakes. Tap once to go down one speed. Continue holding down to quickly go back to the ground if you're flying.
R1 is targeting.
L2 and R2 are adjustable in the menu, similarly to Legend of Zelda where you can choose two items. You can use super breath to blow out, suck in, or freeze; they will be different options. Ventriloquism is aimed then shot and it will cause a noise from where you aimed, confusing most low-level foes. Heat vision has different levels of power and precision.
Select is the "interact" button. Taking to people and whatnot.

Tell me if there's anything I'm missing or how I can improve this.
>>
File: 1402616716851.jpg (37 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1402616716851.jpg
37 KB, 264x264
>>82949249
>Ok lets go. Your DC videogame universe

>Suicide Squad: Action Tactical RPG
Some would've suggested multiplayer, but the lifespan of games that aren't CoD aren't usually healthy active. I'm thinking a breed between Mobile Suit Gundam - Zeonic Front with turns like Valkyria Chronicles/XCOM.
>>
>>82944951
If they can't do movies, maybe DC can make a good, connected vidya universe
>>
>>82946287
People say a Superman game is impossible to make, but the truth is a Green Lantern game is ACTUALLY impossible to make, unless it's something like scribblenauts where you write down your constructs, but even then it won't be the same way you pictured it.
>>
>>82950909
i imagine it more like Wonderful101
>>
>>82948738
>various speeds of flying
>various speeds of superrunning
click left stick to go up a gear, some time dilation to make it manageable

>x-ray vision
>heat vision
>ice breath
power wheel on bumpers

>supervision
click right stick

>superhearing
>microvision
only used in cutscenes, no point during gameplay

>superstrength
>superrestraint
hold punch and throw to charge them up

>super ventriloquism
why
>>
>>82950931
Haven't played that game yet, but I've heard it's good. How do you mean, through?
>>
>>82944951
>Sony may announce a new Spider-Man exclusive to the PS4K during E3
You got a source on that?
>>
>>82950980
>only used in cutscenes, no point during gameplay

Listening in on conversations and doing detective work would be pretty cool gameplay mechanics I think.
>>
>>82950988
Basically you would draw a straight line if you wanted make a sword, draw a circle if you wanted a fist or draw an L for a gun.

Though that would require a Wii-U tablet. I think you can make a GL game with Superman architect. I'm thinking something more like Max Payne with a weapon wheel where you cycle through constructs you earn throughout the game.
>>
>>82951011
A (likely fake) leak said that Infamous 1 is getting a remastering for the PS4, with an exclusive demo for a Spider-Man game by Sucker Punch based on Homecoming

I really doubt it's real, if only because it sounds way too fucking good and Disney only recently announced they're shuttering internal development
>>
>>82951071
http://www.psu.com/news/29927/inFAMOUS-Lightning-Edition-outed-for-PS4-on-Amazon

Source along with probable proof it was forged
>>
>>82946092
I think they read it as "there is nothing you could do with DC characters, marvel characters could work in full games but are stuck in mobile"
Just a guess, only way I could see something thinking it was a company thing.
>>
>>82948320
>Marvel is Disney and wouldn't want mutants in a MvC4
all things considered over the years i'm pretty sure this is true

which is kinda unfortunate, since MvC started out as an X-Men crossover with SF
>>
>>82944951
>all of it will be shit with the exception of Batman like always.

Well, it's more like same old shit.
>>
>>82950980
Too simple and limited.
>>
>>82949249
>Wonder Woman - God of war ripoff
I blame Azzarello for this
>>
>>82949333
And there's 10 million because that's what people find fun
>>
>>82949367
I want a heist game themed around the Rogues. I mean, the real dream would be to get the Coen Brothers to do a heist movie about them, but this is the next best thing.
>>
>>82951039
Earning constructs is a bad idea. The whole point of gl is your ability is only limited by imagination.
>>
>>82952382
>Heist with flash Rogues
Yes.
>>
>>82952424
Yeah, but you shouldn't blow your load by giving the player every construct either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osko13AiBIQ
>>
>>82944951
>DC also wants to tie it's movie universe with games to one up and compete with the MCU as well

Oh god no. Good idea with the video game Universe series, but keep it away from the movies.
>>
File: 1409198842987.jpg (47 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
1409198842987.jpg
47 KB, 470x353
>>82950807
So how do you make a Justice League game out of different heroes who had different gameplay mechanics? You can't have God of War, & Arkham stealth in the same pot.
>>
File: demifiend1.jpg (461 KB, 1517x1017) Image search: [Google]
demifiend1.jpg
461 KB, 1517x1017
>>82945088
>>82945242
WB needs to create it's own "Kingdom Hearts" killer series. Looney Tunes & SMT should fit.
>>
>>82945376
>Batman in his first year just punches down world's best assassin
Also, fight was mostly a rehash of Ra's fight from AC
>>
>>82952947
Except for the rapid sword slash mechanic, it was nothing like it.
>>
>>82944951
All will be half-assed in making PC port, and will be capable of being completed there only by pure luck.
>>
>>82945242
>Disney
We just had like 5 threads stating that Disney has to ask marvels permission for anything marvel related. are people seriously still this retarded? Disney said it themselves what do they have to do to get idiots like you to realize it's marvels descion
>>
>>82952365
They're cheap and easy to make.
There's no Superman games where you feel like Superman doing things Superman would do because it would take a lot of time, ambition, thought, money, and effort.
>>
File: GreenLanternGayestPageOfAllTime.jpg (317 KB, 1024x1652) Image search: [Google]
GreenLanternGayestPageOfAllTime.jpg
317 KB, 1024x1652
>>82949249
>Green Lantern - Intergalactic rpg like Mass effect but less gay and better done
>less gay
I don't think you quite understand green lantern. If anything it needs more gay. I think bioware's up to the task.
>>
>>82944951
>Superman

And 0 fucks given, call me back when DC uses one of their good heroes instead.
>>
>>82954403
>yfw they get Johns to write the Hal/Sinestro romance path
>>
>>82944951
>tfw you will have to adjust contrast and brighten your screen every time you put the game in to be able to have color and see what's going on, then readjust all of your settings so you can watch tv
>>
>>82945136
>tfw juggernaut one of my favorite villains
>tfw can't have him in my game because of some bullshit licensing dispute
>would actually pay for the fucking DLC but they literally won't let me
>>
>>82954440
no
>>
People don't know how to make fun video games anymore.
>>
>>82944951
where are the games about good cape characters?
>>
>>82946299
Hey now, we've come a long way. Back in the day movie tie-in games were just a big can of rushed suck. Nowadays movie tie-in games don't come out the same day as the movie and are actually mediocre. I imagine in 20 more years we'll actually get movie tie-in games that are consistently good.
>>
>>82954720
>around 20 years ago we got Goldeneye
>6 years ago we got that awesome Scott Pilgrim vidya
>>
>>82954764
Don't remind me. I still regret not having gotten that Wallace DLC.
>>
File: 1450407576634.gif (2 MB, 245x207) Image search: [Google]
1450407576634.gif
2 MB, 245x207
Lemme tell you how I'd do it.

I want to make games.

Go the 40k route. Comic book fans love lore and canon shit. Just expand into every genre possible from RTS having army of braniac fighting argus, thanagarians, etc. to third person Green Arrow island adventure.
>>
Montreal...as in the idiots who made Arkham Origins? Unless its created from scratch by Rocksteady I frankly don't care.
>>
>>82944951
>>Sony may announce a new Spider-Man exclusive to the PS4K during E3
Sony already said that the PS4K isn't going to have exclusive games that can't be played on the PS4. Fuck off.
>>
>>82955030
>SONY WONT LIE
>SONY ARE PURE
>>
>>82955027
>Red Hood fans
>Having an opinion worth a dime
>>
>>82953494
>They're cheap and easy to make.
Not really. In fact, pure action games are dying, if you don't count FPS and TPS games. Or rather, I should say melee-focused pure action games.
>>
>>82955127
I'd chalk it up to lack of interest. There are lots of decent games just like that on the Wii and 360.
>>
>>82944951
>WB Montreal
TRASH
>>
>>82944951
Superman fans will still complain.

>Arkham games got ONE MORE DLC than the Superman game! THIS ISN'T FAIR! WB HATES SUPERMAN!!

Meanwhile GL, Flash and WW fans are still stuck with getting nothing
>>
>>82955879
Lego Batman 3 was a GL game though
>>
>>82955904
if it has Batman in the name or in the game in any form or capacity it doesn't count
>>
>>82945044
Not to mention there has never been a good Superman game. He is just too hard to pull off in a game. I mean what street level goons can do anything to him? How many super villains can really hurt him?
>>
I've been asking for it for years

I'm game
>>
>>82955932
They are trying to make money here tho

>>82955968
He was fine in Lego Batman 2
>>
>>82955968
He was really indestructible in Lego games.
>>
Was discussing this with a friend the other day. While I would love hero vidya, I told him execs don't think most characters would sell and that a wonder woman or flash game would not sell as well as the arkham games. His argument was that as long as the game was good and well marketed it would sell. Kek
>>
For years I've wanted DC to make a team game in the vein of the arkham games

>multiple playable characters all with different play styles (cap it at 3 if it becomes a problem)
>play as one character per level
>story has them intertwining/teaming up to defeat a greater evil
>add team combos
>put in a shit ton of easter eggs

I think it would be fun and a way of getting away with putting b or even c list heroes in a game
>>
Marvel really bothers me with that mobile game shit. I can understand they make a fuck ton of money but it pains me nonetheless.

Im shocked Marvel nor DC have at least tried to play up the popularity of live action successes in vidya. And no I'm not talking about those shitty MCU tie in games. I mean actual games with the characters from the movies done right, not rehashing movie plots. I'm also surprised we haven't heard so much as a false flag rumor about a Arrow/Flash team up game.
>>
>>82948738
I see only two possible outcomes.

Every level will be indoors. All outdoors segments will be extended QTEs where you are flying after someone and dodging debris.

OR, outdoors open world, roughly the size of Arkham Knight, and if you fly too far you get shot at by some sort of kryptonite powered AA system that has been erected around the city and automatically turn back.

I'm calling this shit now.
>>

I'm so sick of Telltale games
>>
>>82956402
>release 2 games a year, which is far less than most developers
>nobody forces you to play them

How?
>>
>>82956402
>Telltale will never make Poker Knight's at the Watchtower with the classic JL members
>>
>>82948382
There's one in the works and it's rumoured to be PS4 exclusive. Sorry family member.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.