[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Archer talkback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7
File: 1444955759645.png (2 MB, 8228x7558) Image search: [Google]
1444955759645.png
2 MB, 8228x7558
No Archer thread?
>>
This could quite possibly be the greatest episode of the entire series.
>>
>>82942406
How so?
>>
SLATER!

PRAISE CHRISTIAN!
>>
I thought you guys hated the CIA shit.
>>
Figgis needs to grow some damn balls man, seriously.
>>
>>82942576
He will when he murders Sterling.
>>
>>82942250
I know Archer isn't very popular anymore, but it still surprised me how dead the talkbacks are
>>
>>82942598
There's no stream and it's really late compared to a lot of other shows.

Similar to what happened with venture bros.
>>
>>82942667
this. every thread is the same
>Stream?
>no? shit, i gotta get out of here so i dont get spoiled.
then later after theyre caught up, they want a thread.. but there isnt one
so they start one
and it's nothing but people bitching about how the show's not good anymore
>>
Oh Cheryl.

I love crazy sadistic girls but I would piss myself if I ever met her.
>>
Impressive accuracy on the waterboarding set up
>>
Holy shit Malory.
>>
BLUE BALLS

THEY DIDN'T FUCKING SHOW IT
>>
>>82942950
>Archer not believing in how bad waterboarding is
>Has no problem with them getting ready to waterboard him
Kek. This episodes pretty good.
>>
>>82942794
And then I say I think it's still good, but that there's not a whole lot to actually discuss beyond pointing out the obscure references.

Also, love Archer's familiarity with the CIA's bullshit. It's great when he demonstrates a rare but impressive knowledge on a subject.
>>
What the fuck

Why did they skip it?
>>
>>82942978
Man i really wanted to see it
>>
I kinda wanna be waterboarded now.
>>
>>82943226
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Like I don't want the full treatment. But maybe just a little bit of waterboarding to see what it's like.
>>
Man this show is dead, inside and out.
Why is it even still going at this point? The writers must be so tired with this. Lana and Archer STILL fighting over their relationship after even agreeing to raise a damn baby is just so tiring, and the rest of the cast don't even have purpose anymore so they just do absolutely stupid shit.
I've only seen bits of this season, but jesus this show should end now before it somehow gets worse.
>>
>>82943226
Cheryl, pls
>>
shit there's a new season? how is it compared to the last one?

i feel like they peaked around 2 or 3
>>
>>82943294
>and the rest of the cast don't even have purpose anymore so they just do absolutely stupid shit.
I thought that was their purpose.
>>
>>82943294
I know this is a shitpost, but I kind of agree. I even forgot it was on tonight, tuned in 10 min ago, and get to see Archer and Pam fighting for the umpteenth time. getting pretty bored with this show
>>
File: 1440395941204.png (19 KB, 289x323) Image search: [Google]
1440395941204.png
19 KB, 289x323
>>82943294
>>
>>82943340
At this point they're not even related to the main plot or have running subplots anymore, they just do wacky shit in the background and barely get focus as main characters.
Archer, Lana, and a bit of Pam have done more or less everything this season from what I've seen. Cheryl/Carol has just become depressingly nuts at this point.
>>
Huh. So that's why he had the faces and hands.
>>
GodDAMN Kreiger.
>>
Fucking Krieger
>>
Well,that explains the face/hand molds.
>>
>>82942250
Last episode was funnier.
The germicide and constant yelling of "Double the bet!" made me laugh endlessly.

Also, now with the fake faces and android clones, we have two outs for Archer at season's end.
>>
Where does krieger get all of the money for his science shit.
>>
WHAT
>>
>>82943527
Selling nuclear materials to the North Koreans
>>
Kinda weak overall.

Krieger-bots look promising though.

Would hate it if Lana and Archer were broke up forever.
>>
>>82943530
Oh like you never made an android army modeled after your co-workers.
>>
>>82943846
I mean, I've thought about it.

They're pretty competent fighters but they aren't very bright, nor are they very fertile.
>>
>last weeks episode on now
>Krieger just said that he could use money to finish his Voight-Kampff machine
>Voight-Kampff machine is from Blade Runner to tell replicants from humans

Deepest lote
>>
File: 217px-Ein_(manga).jpg (196 KB, 534x896) Image search: [Google]
217px-Ein_(manga).jpg
196 KB, 534x896
NEW EPISODE STREAMING:

http://go4up.com/rd/4066c4152112/80

>>82942667
>>82942794
>>
Are you telling me we don't get to see Krieger's racist one man play? Not even a little Krieger in blackface?
>>
>>82944099
whoa srsly?
>>
>>82944099
fff nice try
>>
>>82943226
When i was in the Marines we got drunk one night and tried it out. Its not unpleasant at all. The only way it could be torturous is if you completely panic and start breathing in water.
>>
>>82944347
I'm watching it right now, what the fuck is your problem nigger
>>
File: Immagine1.png (1 MB, 1679x1051) Image search: [Google]
Immagine1.png
1 MB, 1679x1051
>>82944309
>>82944347
>>
>>82944376
yeah a sociopath wouldn't be scared at all.
>>
>>82947434
They obviously weren't doing it right. You can't expect somebody stupid enough to join the Marines to handle a complicated task like pouring water.
>>
This is the best the show has ever been. It's finally living up to the Dingo legacy.
>>
>>82943294
Nah this season is the most life the show has ever had consistently. If you don't love a detailed and accurate account of the MKULTRA program coupled with Bluntz n' Blitzens and Scopolamine/robot doppelgangers I don't know what to tell you.
>>
What the Dick!?
>>
>>82950409
first episode of the season was the Archer bot, calling it now.
>>
>>82951208

we also have Archer face masks

which saying that now I guess is just part of the bot
>>
>>82948290
>>82944376
One of the saudis that got waterboarded a million times after 911 commented that it was quite ineffective, as long as you just hold your breath rather than try to breathe in water it does nothing. Sleep deprivation was far worse.
>>
I wish they stop with the Veronica Dean running gag already.

It's the "Pam addicted to cocaine" thing all over again.
>>
>>82951208

Now, I haven't seen the episode, but it probably wouldn't float i it's a robot.

Facemasks are more likely
>>
Tonight's episode wasn't that great. As a fan, I regret to say that it was rather predictable, and formulatic, but at least it wasn't "Vision Quest" which I think was/is the WORST Archer episode ever made, so far. I hold out hope for next week being better.
>>
>>82952473
Shit, you didn't like Vision Quest? I thought that was a perfect example of a bottle episode.
>>
>>82950409
Hey, If SHIELD can have LMDs, why can't Krieger?
>>
>>82952065

Does it make you want to wrestle a grizzly bear?
>>
>>82950409
Okay followup question, why even endanger their lives doing stupid shit in the first place?

He made katya competent enough to head the KGB, why can't they just do missions for the agency?
>>
>>82955433
1. Katya's a cyborg, not a duplicate. He modified the real thing, he didn't reproduce it

2. Katya's already competent

3. They're probably not finished, and even if they were, no one knows about them, and would probably be pretty pissed/freaked out if Krieger unveiled them.
>>
This episode reminded me, wasn't there a politician who wanted to 'prove' that waterboarding wasn't so bad so he had it done live to himself, and then he completely pussied out at experiencing that it actually was really bad with no chance of claiming otherwise after the display?
>>
>>82952065
animated Veronica Dean is super hot and classy, Pam stroked out on crack is not in any way classy or even funny
>>
>>82955433
Katya is a cyborg like Barry, not an Android.
>>
>>82956037
why would you want to prove torture wasn't that bad. it's torture. we really missed the point of this torture debate.
>>
>>82956902
To get heat off of his back for not doing something about Guantanamo bay?

>oh it's not that bad, them towel heads are just a bunch of crybabies
>watch I'll prove it, hold my beer
>>
>>82956902
Don't you remember when they were claiming it was 'just' enhanced interrogation techniques?

Using weasel words to try and claim they were doing nothing illegal or untoward.
>>
>>82951208
Archer is going to be the one that gets shot and die, Archer Bot will take his place
>>
>>82958140
The entire season has been showing archer slowing down and doing less amazing stunts.

Archer's recklessness is going to catch up to him and get the rest of the team killed.

Archer commits suicide and abbiejean goes to live with her rich as fuck grandparents.
>>
>>82959222
everybody dies, season 8 has the bots taking their place.
it's sort of obvious, come on.
>>
>>82943487
>>82943462
>Scheiße
>>
Pretty funny how dead these threads are
>>
>>82961451
Kind of gratifying considering what shows typically get lauded around here.
>>
>>82942250
>That twist at the end
I honestly thought they were going to kill Archer off there as a season finale, should have known better.

Is there another season confirmed after this one?
>>
>>82963990
So far I don't think season 8 has been confirmed.

But I would never expect Archer to be killed off anyway.
>>
Where's Woodhouse?
>>
>>82964311
VA died, so he's not here.
>>
>>82964342
Any in-universe explanation to him going missing?
>>
>>82964435
Well at the end of last season he went missing but it hasn't been addressed since. From what I hear they had a storyline planned but now they don't know what to do.
>>
>>82964456
Well, dang. Hopefully they find a way to rectify the story line

Maybe he's involved with Longwater
>>
>Scopolamine
Shit I love how they dig shit like that up
>>
is Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend officially dead?
>>
>>82964912
Well, Krieger does kill her every night.

Unless she's piloting the androids.
>>
>Couple minutes into episode 7
>Hear this character
>Play a game with myself where I try to name another character she has voice acted
>Know I've listened to this womans voice more than a little and it was something relatively recent
>Keep thinking of a cat for some reason
>Know I could look her up in an instant but that defeats the purpose of the game
>I think it is Mike from Mike, Lu and Og
>Haven't watched that show in 16 god damn years
>Look up an episode
>Its her
>Feel amazed at my brain's ability to remember just the sound of a voice and remember where I have heard it

I feel however I should have remembered Nika Futterman's voice from her role as Dogen in the game Psychonaughts and most importantly
STICKS THE FUCKING BADGER!
Binge watched Sonic Boom a month ago but nah, my brain goes to a cartoon I hadn't watched in 16 years that is slightly less memorable than Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? and Sheep in the Big City.
>>
>>82956902
The point is to make it look like it's bad enough to be effective but not bad enough to be horrified at doing it to a person.
>>
I missed the thread but, am i the only one who thought Lana torturing Archer and then breaking up with him was completly fucked up? That was a completly concious choice.
>>
How's this for an idea. An Archer game in the same vein as the Saints Rows games?
>>
I had actually liked this season so far, but anyone else thought the writing seemed really off and out of character for this one episode? I'd have to rewatch it to make a detailed list, but particularly Archer acting so offended when talking about the CIA's experiments on mental patients. Like he would ever give a shit.
>>
Did they really have to break up Lana and Sterling? I mean, shit, it barely felt like they were even together to begin with.
>>
>>82970079
I don't get why she keeps bringing up the Veronica Dean thing and then breaks up with him way after it happened. If you're that pissed just do it then.
>>
>>82970986
Oooh, I like that
>>
>>82971679
>...particularly Archer acting so offended when talking about the CIA's experiments on mental patients.

He might have been hamming it up a bit since he hates Slater so much.
>>
>>82970079
The torture bit was fucked up, but given the way Archer was acting about it, I felt it was fine. "Fine" in this sense is relative to a cast like Archer's.

Going on break? It was messed up, but I'm not so concerned partially because Archer didn't seem too broken up by. She'll be back, anyway.

>>82973947
Even Archer has standards and the CIA clearly does not. I think they manage to offend even him.
>>
>>82971679
>>82973947
Archer and really the rest of the cast are usually open to calling bullshit and getting on their high horse and Archer is particularly salty towards Slater so I wouldn't really call it out of character.
>>82971888
She's threatened by Veronica and Archer doesn't help anything. On top of being mad about Archer making out with her she's really just insecure and she was omnipresent in that episode. So it just came to a head
>>
File: 1462680069745.png (146 KB, 375x424) Image search: [Google]
1462680069745.png
146 KB, 375x424
>>82971679
Yeah, it was weirdly preachy in the middle for no reason.

It's like, I get it, the CIA is super shitty, but have some jokes.

It would have been great if Archer was actually totally fine with the waterboarding. That would have been a subversion
>>
>>82952003
it does seem like if it worked it would be something we knew about since ancient times. people have always had water and towels, yknow? why the shit would it feel like you were drowning? why not ACTUALLY drown someone? also, last time i checked, torture doesn't work because they break immediately and tell you whatever you want to hear, not actually what they know
>>
>>82974240
>Archer and really the rest of the cast are usually open to calling bullshit and getting on their high horse
The thing is, this is usually done as a joke. The serious tone here went on for so long it seemed like a "very special episode of Archer".

>>82976170
Exactly.
>>
>>82971679
>>82976170
i didnt get it either, but i think he was trying to show off to lana. look like a good guy. that or he thinks theyre hypocrites or something
i mean get on them for the times they fucked up, but not for what they were AIMING to do. and it's not like mental patients were ever going to get better
>>
>>82950409
I'm pretty sure there is going to be a robot uprising episode. So a Archer's worst fear sort of thing. Sort of was hinted with them all turning red and such at the end.
>>
>>82976676
Aren't there just 2 episodes left on the season?
>>
i haven't watched the episode yet

i will return when i have
>>
>I wasn't going to pay anyway!
>walks off scat singing
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.