[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC REBIRTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 500x283
DC Rebirth Speculation

Holding the line at 2.99 edition
>>
>posting early not to get hijacked

good on ya

Legends of Tomorrow is going to use the JSA next season. So, that'll be a nice springboard for their popularity when they finally get their book.
>>
>>82940684
>Holding the line at 2.99 edition
Wait, what did I miss?
>>
>>82941107
when they announced Rebirth stuff they announced that they are making all their books 2.99 again

except All Star Batman and the Hanna-Barbera books I guess
>>
>>82941107
you didn't get the memo?

All of the Rebirth books will be $2.99, at least for a little while. I *think* All-Star Batman is the only book that costs more ($4.99), presumably because of the "star" factor involved with the writer and artists.

The Hanna-Barbera books will also be $2.99 -- they just have oversized #1s, bumping the price up to $3.99.

The first issue of ASB is also oversized, so it may drop to $3.99.
>>
>Still no name for writer
Scared
>>
The big article of the day:
http://www.newsarama.com/29368-dc-s-rebirth-almost-like-a-reset-to-get-back-to-the-basics-according-to-didio-lee.html

Posted in full here: >>82923746
>>
>>82941394
It's probably an editorial pitch that no one turned a script in for during the Rebirth planning phases. Maybe they're trying to make sure things lineup with Teen Titans and the Superman titles.
>>
>>82941394
I think September solicitations will be when shit really hits the fan / gets solidified.

By that point, we'll get the remaining info on books that seem to have things under wraps or be delayed:
* Super Sons (writer and plot)
* Cyborg (rebirth one-shot and ongoing #1 were both missing from August solicits; potentially cancelled)
* Trinity (rebirth one-shot was missing from August solicits; probably delayed)
* Justice League America (likely tied to the DCU Rebirth Special and will be announced with the September solicits; literally everything -- writer(s), artists, plots -- is under wraps)
* The entirety of Young Animal
>>
https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/733458922019774466

Liefeld still hype.
>>
>>82943768

Pretty impressive considering how scorched earth he's been towards DC
>>
>>82943768
he's also mentioning how geoff is the captain now, which is still weird since he's not writing anything.
>>
>>82944096
According to interviews he's basically meeting with every damn creative team, more or less doing Harras' job.
>>
>>82944096
He's actually doing his job as CCO. Don't expect him to write any ongoings any time soon since he's basically running DC Comics, Films and TV.
>>
>>82941259
>The Hanna-Barbera books will also be $2.99 -- they just have oversized #1s, bumping the price up to $3.99.
#2 is solicited for $3.99, I thought
>>
>>82944911
Then what the fuck is Harras doing?

Why are they paying him if Johns does his job for him?

What creative decision has Harras even made because it sounds like Didio, Lee, and Johns have done it all since New 52?
>>
>>82945271
Somebody was trying to start a rumor he died earlier today
>>
>>82941394
Guys, are you prepared to see Jon's jacket easily ripped apart by Damian?
>>
Who is this Gentry person people mention in this thread and what are their connection to Wally West? I didn't read Multiversity so can someone give me the cliffnotes about them as the big bad in Rebirth?
>>
>>82946575
>I didn't read Multiversity
Nigga
>>
>>82946575
Cosmic horror that represent abuse and perversion of comic characters and comics in general.

They invade universes, corrupting and perverting everything as they kill off all life they encounter, only to raise it via the "Anti-death equation" which turns the dead into pale mockeries that exist purely to suffer endlessly as slaves for the Gentry and their master.

The master is the "Empty Hand"; a super-duper cosmic horror that may or may not be Wally West, driven insane after losing his wife, children, and existence due to Barry Allen's arrogance and greed to erase the man who replaced him.
>>
>>82946531
Does he have nipples?
>>
>>82946575
A group of monsters who rape entire universes.

A fan theory is floating around that Geoff's going to use them to explain away the New 52 and restore as much as possible of the old status quo.
>>
>>82941394
I'm convinced it will be someone shitty now like Krul
>>
>>82943734
Young Animal doesn't all start in September.

from Rollingstone:

>For Young Animal, which follows Way's non-DC comic series The Umbrella Academy, Way will be curating, overseeing and even writing many of the titles. The series launches in September with Way's take on vintage series Doom Patrol, which will be written by the singer and feature art by Nick Derington. Shade, the Changing Girl, written by Cecil Castellucci and with art by Marly Zarcone, will launch in October, along with Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye, co-written by Way and Rivera, with art by Michael Avon Oeming. Finally, in November, Mother Panic — co-written by Way and Jody Houser with art by Tommy Lee Edwards — will premiere, introducing the Gotham City heiress and street vigilante Violet Paige.
>>
>>82946715
The empty hand is the reader. Or more specifically, a reader who has succumbed to the oblivion machine. Making it Wally is completely missing the point.
>>
>>82946531
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>82941259
Young Animal books are going to be $4 too probably. I think the $3 line is just going to be for DC superhero stuff proper. Even the Six Pack and Dogwelder book is going to be $4, so yeah.
>>
>>82941394
Please not Lobdell.
Please not Wilson.
>>
>>82947992
It's not going to be Wally. That was a false rumour
>>
>>82948068
It won't be Wilson. But Lobdell's a genuine possibility
>>
>>82948239
>Lobdell ends up writing Damian

I'm scared for Dick guys. He'd be the only one left.
>>
You guys hyped up Super Sons so much with no creative team, pretty much memed it to failure.
>>
>>82946752
>Running joke has Jon's clothes being more and more torn
Would be funny…
>>
>>82948286
I kept telling these idiots to stop. But fujoshi just can't keep it in their pants
>>
>>82948332
Ed yourself posthaste
>>
>>82948356
I like the shipping and all, but they are seriously getting excited over just a concept when we literally know nothing about the book. I hope it's cancelled instead of getting a shitty writer at least.
>>
Super sons Tom King says It's Big guy.
>>
>>82949127
>yfw Grant Morrison
>>
File: the original wears black.jpg (619 KB, 1496x934) Image search: [Google]
the original wears black.jpg
619 KB, 1496x934
If this is deliberate, this is the coolest thing DC's done in a while.
>>
>>82948492
Tom King says it is a famous writer.someone where Scott Snyder has no control over?
>>
>>82949211
Damian apparently will play a big role in the Rebirth universe.
>>
>>82949335
That could just mean Levitz or something then. I'm not hyped until they actually announce someone.
>>
>>82949431
Damian looks happy in every DC rebirth art so far......
>>
>>82949431
Grant Morrison - The Multiversity Deluxe Edition the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, .

I bet it's Grant Morrison.
>>
>>82948163
The Empty Hand is such a meta concept, whether it represents the reader or the publisher or whatever.

How could anyone believe it's Wally?
>>
>>82949713
Grasping at straws to see their favorite back.
>>
>>82949633
If Grant were doing a book they'd be talking about it and hyping it up for sure. Also I'm pretty sure in interviews he's said that he's not doing any ongoings for a while, taking a break to do Heavy Metal and his OGNs.
>>
File: 1431217397799.png (159 KB, 350x306) Image search: [Google]
1431217397799.png
159 KB, 350x306
>>82948068
>>82948239
Oh god.
>>
>>82949764
Grant Morrison is known for his innovative work on super-sons in Multiversity.
>>
>>82949896
No, he's been known for a long time anon. For many other things.
>>
>>82949764
Super-Sons is Dan DiDio's Favorite DC Comics Rebirth Title.
>>
>>82950024
Do you have any source for that?
>>
>>82949216
You're excited at a prospect of Reign-rehash?
Eradicator is present in Tomasi's Superman solicits, so Lex being a stand in for Eradicator doesn't make much sense.
I believe they're bringing back New-52 Superman, after his "death". 2-Superman status quo, after maybe November this year or after a year past-Rebirth.
With JSA coming back, possibly 2 different Supermans on 2 different teams.
>>
If he is willing to do a monthly for this they need to put Grant on the book Johns was going to write with Reis and Fabok that was supposed to steer everything. Don't waste him on Super Sons.
>>
>>82949896
He used Chris in Multiversity not Jon. He probably doesn't even care about Jon.
>>
>>82950024
Same DiDio that lets women get raped at DC?
>>
>>82951006
Didio is not perfect but he has good taste in comics.
>>
>>82948050
Why?
>>
>>82948332
Indeed, it's sounds pausible considering the vast shirtless Damian scenes we've gotten thanks to Gleason.
>>
>>82950527
He's not lying, but since Didio deleted his Twitter...
>>
>>82950973
Jon didn't really exist as a character back then.
He's a standin for Chris anyway, just without all the baggage.
>>
>>82950951
So how they are handling 2 Spider-Man?
>>
>>82950973
Jon didn't exist at the time
>>
>No Johns
>No Morrison

Hard to get excited bros. At least Rucka is back.
>>
>>82951384
Johns and Morrison are falling into place of becoming iverlords of brands. The hope is that Johns will transform other writers into mini Johns"

We still got myltiversity 2 tho
>>
>>82951190
Spider-Man? What are you referring to exactly? Haven't catched up to much Spider-Man.
>>
>>82951620
Miles from Ultimate universe is now in 616. So they are now 2 Spider-Man.
>>
>>82941147

To be fair ASB is double sized
>>
>>82951692
Possibly, like that. Different names (Clark Kent and Clark White), different costumes (SM Red (New-52) and SM Blue (Pre-FP)), different status quos.
>>
>>82951832
New 52 Superman won't stop wearing costume and will continue being hero?
>>
>>82951692
There's three Spider-Men. Spider-Man 2099 is there too.
>>
>>82951860
Sure. Maybe the costume for him will be changed. More red. As red as it is.
The signs are all over the place and on the solicits.
IMO, Pre-FP SM might continue till AC #1000, with double shipping, that'll be in 2 years or something.
Would be cool to have him back, New-52 Superman, he didn't deserve the crap he got, plot-wise. Just needs better writers and better editorial. Less crossovers.
>>
>>82951948
Didn't know that. Wonder how JJJ is handling with that many Spideys
>>
>>82951006
Same DiDio love Batman.
>>
>>82950527
>Super-Sons is Dan DiDio's Favorite DC Comics Rebirth Title.
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/05/super-sons-is-dan-didio-s-favorite-dc-comics-rebirth-title/
>>
>>82951948
Gotta milk them Spider-crossovers.
>>82951980
Shame.
>>
I'm excited for The Flash. Flash is probably my favorite DC character. The only comics I've read are New 52 Flash comics. Haven't read any Golden Age or Silver Age stuff. I do plan on reading some other series though. When Rebirth starts I plan on reading Batman, Justice League, Earth 2, Teen Titans, and Justice League of America. I might pick up some other books though. I'm also gonna read some more New 52 stuff.
>>
So from what I understand about the new Superman status quo, Pre-Flashpoint Supes is gonna be taking over as the main Superman for a while, while New 52 Supes is going to be depowered I think? Is that how they're going to reestablish the Clark Kent identity?
>>
>>82953228
>Jurgens also said that now there is a Superman and a Clark Kent who are different people, and that equation doesn't work out quite the way fans might expect.
I wouldn't be surprised in New 52 Superman is Clark 24/7.
>>
>>82953228
Dead, then he comes back. Think Reign of the Supermen. D&R.
Mere speculations at this point.
>>
>>82949127
>>82949335
Where faggot? Source?
>>
>>82952590
>Justice League
Why? Hitch is a shit writer
>Teen Titans
If I were you, I'd wait on this one, who knows how Percy will be.
>JLA
Why? There hasn't been anything announced about it.
>>
>>82949211
If it was Morrison (which it won't be), I'd just be even more pissed that it's not Chris Kent.
Also happy because, you know, Morrison. But also pissed.
>>
BLESS US WITH YOUR PRESENCE SCANBRO
HEAR MY CRIES FROM YOUR MARVEL THREAD
>>
>>82941394
Who cares? It's not like you people are going to buy it for the writing.
>>
Will Donna "folding laundry when angry" Smoak make her eagerly anticipated début in rebirth?
>>
Wally West is 100% coming back next week. I've seen the Brett Booth cover to Titans #1 and he takes up almost the entire left side of the cover. Open cowl, his red hair flowing.

In next week's Rebirth, he will return. There will be ads showing that cover that say "The Return of Wally West" at the top.

This is 100% fact and you can take it to the bank.
>>
Dennis Culver and Chris Burns are writing Super Sons. This has already been announced. Don't you people pay attention?
>>
>>82954658
de profundis clamavi ad te, Scanbro
>>
>>82954867
No they were just the rumored team, never announced.
>>
>>82955009
Newsarama has them as the creative team. It's not a rumor.
>>
>>82955046
The rumor is that they were supposed to be on the book and then taken off. They were never announced anywhere not even on Newsarama. The only place you'll see that information is on their list of all the books. There is no article about it.
>>
>>82955103
Maybe it is going to be Lobdell then, I thought him literally being contained to one book felt like an anomaly.
>>
>>82946790
>new 52 was caused by the gentry

like poetry
>>
>>82955248
I don't want to go that far though. It's possible there's just a mixup and they might really be on the book. Just saying it's not announced anywhere.
>>
>>82958182
We already knew it to be true even if they don't literally print it on the page.
>>
>>82950951
4 Supermen.
>PreFlashpoint
>Nu52
>Lex Luthor
>Chinese Superman Red
>>
>>82951999
He's focusing his attentions on Silk.
>>
>>82958773
Haven't really paid much attention to Silk even in ASM. Has she gotten better? I can't imagine why anyone would want to focus on her.
>>
>>82959063
I don't know what's really going on. She's infliltrating Black Cat's organization for shield, she found her missing brother but not the rest of her family. Now she's having a brief spate of wacky interdimensional adventures with Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman which have resulted in alternate reality evil Silk ruining her reputation back home successfully and now Shield is after her and Black Cat is brazen enough to attack a Shield convoy to break her out.

Its some crazy shit.

Spider-people, man...
>>
>>82959286
Any word on Ben and Kaine?

Seriously how does having radioactive spider blood make your lives a living hell?
>>
>>82952078
Okay then, that relieves me a lot.
Didio usually has good taste, from what I've learned.
>>
>>82954844
[citation needed]
>>
Casualfag here, only read a few story arcs and comics of characters I like in particular.

Didn't dc already reboot a few years ago with new 52? Is rebirth another reboot? Or just an elseworld?

It'd be amusing if new 52 -I don't like it at all- ends up making them need another reboot so soon.
>>
>>82961420
It's a reboot but not a reboot.

They're adding back in Pre-New 52 stuff and so as a result everything before the Rebirth one shot will technically not be canon or at least have happened differently
>>
>>82961595
>They're adding back in Pre-New 52 stuff
Anything of those stuff that isn't Superman, Lois and their kid?
>>
>>82961595
Wait, so you mean.
We had pre-new 52
then new 52
then we put in the current world pre-bew 52 stuff -not all though-
so new 52a is non canon
and now we have new53b_pre_new52_extras as canon?
>>
>>82961650
People think they're bringing back justice society.
>>
>>82961771
*new52b_pre_new52_extras
>>
>>82961420
It's more analogous to Zero Hour or Infinite Crisis, just a continuity cleanup where they insert/remove some things rather than a full reboot.
>>
>>82961937
Is there hope for a fixed Harley?
Seriously, I think Harley is the character new 52 butchered the most.
>>
>>82961650
They brought back the original Teen Titans as an in-universe group, technically didn't happen in Rebirth itself though.
>>
>>82961975
No, this Harley is the most financially successful so they probably consider it the main version at this point. She outsells everyone but Batman somehow. I don't get it, but it's fact.
>>
>>82962017
I know, but that doesn't mean the previous one wouldn't be more successful
We're in an era where comics are read by more normalfags and Harley is pretty normalfag friendly. However, perhaps the previous version could have been just as friendly if not more. It could be just that broader audiences weren't into comics that much back then and weren't introduced to her.

Oh well, even if I'm right, there's no chance they'd risk it.
>>
>>82961982
Except we know from first issues there was group with Dick, Roy and Garth. There was Starfire as well, but she got dicked over in Hunt.
>>
>>82962095
>there's no chance they'd risk it.

Yeah that's mostly what I mean. Just not worth it to mess with a good thing since the current version is so popular.
>>
>>82962159
But the current version is an abomination and a perversion of her former glory. :'(
>>
>>82962143
Right after Flashpoint there were mistakes like that. They ended up editing text in trades and shit to get rid of it. There wasn't supposed to be a team before that one with Tim and the others.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.