[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
They're the teen titans, and for them not to suck is a genuine accomplishment?
>>
They put Lobdell on the book.
>>
Bar Torr

Jon Lane Kent and his involvement with Superboy's origin

Don't call me Wonder Girl

Power Girl

The Elite

The Culling

Shock killing Artemis
>>
>>82938617
You're not going to storytime this crap are you?
>>
>>82938617
Everything.

Writer sucked.
Editor sucked.
Artist sucked.
Inker sucked.
Colorist sucked.
Letterer sucked.
>>
>>82938822
>>82938905
Genuine question, was Lobdell's run really any worse than what came before?
>>
>>82938617
The characters aren't real. By this, I mean, "Tim Drake" isn't actually Tim Drake. That's just a fake name given to him by witpro. "Bart Allen" isn't actually Bart Allen. That's a fake name used by "Bar Torr" to disguise his true identity and as an excuse to not have to explain the source of his powers. "Kon El" is actually a clone of Jon Kent, the future supervillainous son of Clark and Lois. It's like Lobdell tried his best to get away from the original incarnation of these characters.

However, because these characters aren't "real," it's possible for DC to introduce the real Tim Drake, Bart Allen, and Kon El. It'd be pretty confusing, but comics are already pretty convoluted and they could argue it's coincidence.
>>
>Booth
I really want this meme to die
>>
>>82939037
Yes.

Additions to previous list:
Harvest
Bart is a future terrorist
Evil Lilith/Omen
Kiran being a dumb slut who fools around with Possessed Tim
Raven is secret traitor for Trigon
Raven mindraping Garfield
Him abandoning Terra
Harvest
Kiran killing a man to stay with Bart
Bart bitching they don't help with his inprisonment
Kon who in other books despite his fucked up origin actually remained pretty chill and heroic. Murders a bunch of aliens in Teen Titns when he is dragged back in the book.
Goes home with Harvest and they don't care
Teen titans are okay with Raven being a traitor all along
>>
>>82939037
It made things that were bad get worse. The cast of Young Justice was suffering from character derailment before New 52 due to some of Johns writing.
>>
>>82939037

In an ironic twist, JT Krull previous run before the reboot was actually fun and pleasant.
>>
>>82938822
/thread
>>
>>82939331
I have to say though, I like Bunker, and I like Danny the Street being a Teen Titan.
>>
>>82939331
The Harvest reveals just got dumber and dumber, too
>>
I have the whole run and it's really not that bad.
>>
>>82939331
>Harvest
If you ever wanted an example of a Villain Sue, just look to him.
>>
Literally everything

Bunker is the only likeable thing about that book and in any other book he'd be okay at best.
>>
>>82939037
Honestly yes.

Lobdell's run is probably the worst Titans run in memory. The only recent thing that could compete with it is the entire 2008 Titans book, especially the last half with Deathstroke leading that shitty villain team.
But those are literally whos that would've disappeared anyway. Lobdell's run made the entire YJ crew toxic.
So toxic that they replaced them in TT Rebirth with a new group, and if Damian's team is well received, you bet your ass they're gonna give him some new members tailored to fit him and each other.
>>
>>82942373

I actually really like the 2008 run. It was a lot of fun.
>>
>>82942373
>Bunker will never show up because of Lobdell's sheer level of awful
Fuck this. Under a different writer he could shine
>>82942478
Which run was the one with Kid Devil, Kid Eternity, Ravager, and Jaime? I really enjoyed that one
>>
>>82942373
>Deathstroke leading that shitty villain team
RIP Molten Vagina Woman
>>
File: wrong.png (481 KB, 302x525) Image search: [Google]
wrong.png
481 KB, 302x525
>>82942478
>more Trigon
>more demon rape
>more Jericho being evil and them being stupid about it
>more of them not accepting Jericho despite accepting Raven
>more shitty art
>more Winick

The crappy villain half was entertaining, I'll give you that
>>
>Kon and Cass are no where in sight for Rebirth
Out of all the train wrecks why do they get nothing new?
>>
>>82942510
That was the 2008 run.

>>82942852
At least most of the other titans actually acted like themselves. And Winick wasn't that bad back then. Certainly not worse than Lobdell.
>>
>>82943451
>That was the 2008 run.
Okay thanks. I actually liked that run until it started murdering everyone then got taken over by Deathstroke
>>
>>82938617
Well, it started with New 52.

Everything went downhill from there.
>>
>>82943276
Kon was in his 90's style in a early rebirth outline.

I assume Cass will pop in there
>>
>>82942373
>The only recent thing that could compete with it is the entire 2008 Titans book, especially the last half with Deathstroke leading that shitty villain team.
Villains for Hire? I refuse to count that as a Titans book.
>>
Not enough Cassie.
>>
>>82944867
The most recent arc was about her though
>>
>>82944867
That's a good thing considering how Lobdell wrote her like shit.
>>
>>82944867
Completely unrelated in this thread but Hermes should've been her god dad.
>>
The only good thing to come out of that run of Teen Titans was Beast Boy and Terra in Ravagers.

Is the Lobdell stuff even treated as canon in the New 52 anymore? It'd be nice if everyone just pretended it and all of the titles associated with it didn't exist.
>>
>>82947910
I think it's still considered canon
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.