[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ultimate Spiderman issue 1 to 160 the best comic book run ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Is Ultimate Spiderman issue 1 to 160 the best comic book run ever?
>>
'no'
It's not bad at all though.
>>
>>82930405
It's one of the best and perhaps the best of that length.
>>
It wasn't as good as Fantastic Four
>>
>>82930405
No
>>
>>82930405
Fuck bendis for ruining it with miles
>>
>>82930405
Subjective.
It IS a very good run (especially for it's length), and it's also quite likely the last good thing Bendis will ever write in his life.
>>
The character art is terrible
>>
Amazing Spider-Man till 1990 and JMS - Romita
>>
>>82931110
Miles was OK. The original run was OK. Both are overrated. And people shit on Ultimatum too much (OK it wasn't good, but it wasn't as awful as people say - I can't say I'd read it again but I don't see why people care so much).
>>
>>82930405
It has faults like ignoring his own continuity (Rhino is the best example) but it is one of my favourite runs of that lenght.

It´s not the same with the Miles run.
>>
>>82930405
It's not bad, but it's overrated as hell.
>>
>>82930405
Definitely no. It's not even the best SpiderMan run.

Also, evening from the beginning, all of the high school scenes have cringeworthy dialogue. Spider-Man's dialogue is some of the best ever done, but take that away and it ranges from awful to substandard.
>>
>>82931266

Name a better one.
>>
>>82931308
yor'e mother
>>
>>82931196
Ruined the Ultimate Universe beyond repair, which was the only thing Marvel had going for it.
>>
It's alright but only if you read it in trades. The pacing is slow as fuck but if you can just read it in a couple of sitting it's pretty good. Just wish Bendis actually knew how to write kids since that's really the one really bad thing about the run.
>>
>>82930573
I agree with this one
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.