[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cho-Hulk vs. Whor preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: 5215831-hulk2015006_dc11-0.jpg (2 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
5215831-hulk2015006_dc11-0.jpg
2 MB, 2228x3382
>>
File: 5215834-2+hulk2015006_int2-1.jpg (2 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
5215834-2+hulk2015006_int2-1.jpg
2 MB, 2228x3382
>>82929316
Cho gets all the girls.
>>
File: 5215835-3+hulk2015006_int2-2.jpg (1 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
5215835-3+hulk2015006_int2-2.jpg
1 MB, 2228x3382
>>82929345
So why is it that whenever Marvel puts Jane in another book, it's mostly a ridiculous reason to have her right the main character of the book she guest stars in?
>>
File: 5215836-4+hulk2015006_int2-3.jpg (1 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
5215836-4+hulk2015006_int2-3.jpg
1 MB, 2228x3382
>>82929386
End of preview
>>
Thanks OP
>>
>>82929426
I haven't been keeping up with Cho-Hulk at all, so Cho is in control as the Hulk unlike Bruce's split personality deal?
>>
God I wish that Sonia Oback still colored Choi's art this new one is atrocious
>>
>>82930071
Yeah but he still loses control over him sometimes just not as frequently as bruce
>>
>>82929426
>>82929386
Dumber 'n a sack 'o mjolnirs
Jane Thor seems to get up to a lot more senseless violence than regular Thor.
>Hulk did a thing
>Go all torches and pitchforks on the monster
>Mix up him and Banner a little
>Toss a man a football field's distance
>>
>>82929345
>>82929386
>>82929426
Why is Whor such a bitch who's prone to violence? I know Thor was a hot head sometimes but unless you really pissed him off he wouldn't throw you into the sunset.

Also how did Thor get turned into a girl in the first place? Or does Whor live in the SJW marvel universe?
>>
>>82930084
Why did she stop?
>>
>>82929316
why does Whor have to ruin every comic that comes out?

>Illuminati guest star
>Gwenpool guest star
>Hulk guest star
>ANAD Avengers team member

What else has she ruined?
I hate it
>>
>>82930563
Nick Fury(hasselhoff) told Thor a thing. That thing made him unworthy. We don't know what the thing is. I think regular Thor is currently strung up somewhere a few feet away from the Ultimate Mjolnir unless something has happened.
She's a bitch because she has no fucking clue what she's doing and she's got cancer so she doesn't care about anything. It would be nice if someone brought it up more. I think ANAD Avengers is the only book that briefly brought up her being stupid.
>>
>>82930900
So the real Thor is fucking around somewhere and the hammer chooses random female with cancer, but instead of being like deadpool cancer where it ends with one getting super healing and being endearing, this is Norse cancer that just makes one really pissy and violence prone.
>>
>>82930872

>What else

Thor
>>
>>82930872
Much like Slott's ideas, she's better executed in every series not written by Aaron.
>>
>>82931019
Not super random because it's Jane, but yeah. I don't remember if they mentioned how she got to the moon to pick up Mjolnir but she did and she was worthy. Even though she's kind of reckless, refusing magical treatment for her cancer and being Thor is making the cancer worse.
>>
>>82931019
Here's the kicker, she's getting chemo for her cancer. But every time she becomes Thor it undoes any progress chemotherapy was having. Sure, she could always find a magical cure for her cancer like Thor said he would back when he was worthy, but she doesn't want to be cured by magic for reasons I can't remember.
>>
>>82931197
>>82931204
So she's just being irrational because it's supposed to be interpreted that she doesn't need to rely on others? Or just really shitty writing that someone hasn't figured out how to justify why she doesn't get the treatments.

Also why does becoming Thor cause her cancer to come back?
>>
>>82929345
Really bitch? He JUST said out loud right where you could hear it that he had some weirdo dream involving the enchantress proclaiming him her champion. I can remember that from a month ago and you can't recall him saying the exonerating evidence right in front of your face 30 seconds before.
>>
>>82931282
might be something like deadpools cancer
>>
>>82931282
becoming Thor makes you beefy and amazing
it takes out all the chemo drugs and radiation in her system when she transforms
>>
>>82931319
I thought deadpool's cancer went away when he got the healing factor. Or is this like the reverse of deadpool cancer, where you get cancer by getting superhero powers?

>>82931381
Shouldn't it also kill the mutating cells too? Also, the radiation and drugs being sucked out shouldn't matter unless she was being transformed in the middle of treatment since chemotheropy is used to kill the cancerous cells, and the actual procedure is done at the hospital.
>>
>>82931282
Because Mjolnir is a little motherfucker and wants her to be dependant on it.

Honestly I don't know, I can't remember if the real Thor putting a bit of his soul in the hammer gave it a mind of its own or not.
If it did then the hammer is an asshole.
If not... I have no idea.
>>
>>82929345
>>82929386
>>82929426
Golly, if only Enchantress was a person known to make people do things they don't want to do.
>>
>>82931204
>she doesn't want to be cured by magic for reasons I can't remember
Something along the lines of "it'd be unfair to all the people that have to fight and struggle to beat cancer."

Being a doctor, she thought it'd be hypocritical of her to use a magic cure-all while her patients have to fight and struggle to survive. Like
>Don't worry Mrs. Patient, you'll be able to win this fight as long as you stay strong
>H-how did you beat YOUR cancer, Dr. Foster?
>Oh. My God of Thunder ex-boyfriend gave me a magical cure. Cleared the whole thing right up no problem!
>C-Can I get that magical cure too?
>Haha, no.
>>
>>82931282
>Also why does becoming Thor cause her cancer to come back?

Because Mjolnir treats the chemo as a poison (which it technically is) and doesn't recognize the cancer as a disease. Ancient mythological weapons apparently have no way of distinguishing mutated cells from normal ones.
>>
>>82930900
But we do know the thing. "The power of Thor will kill Jane Foster." And it is. Thor became unworthy because he didn't want to be anymore.
>>
>>82931429
>unless she was being transformed in the middle of treatment
She has been shown doing that, yes. She was at the hospital for her treatment. Saw on the news that a satellite was falling, so she calls mjolnir and ditches out on her treatment half-way through.
>>
>>82931282
>Also why does becoming Thor cause her cancer to come back?
Because chemotherapy is basically poisoning the body and mjolnir curing her of it.
>>
so, is Choi a guest artist for this issue or is Cho off for several?
>>
>>82929316
>It's Hulk, but a completely different person with no relevance to the more common Hulk.
>It's Thor, but a completely different person with no relevance to the more common Thor.
Why even bother? It's like a complete overreaction to the whole "Supergirl" naming scheme. Rather than just get a new character named ___-Girl or ___-Woman and build up their character, they just take a name an appearance from an older character and hope nobody notices.
>>
>>82929316
It's Chulk. If you're going to use your 13-year-old-tier "witty" nicknames at least have the decency of going all the way.
>>
File: Thorpool's Excellent Adventure.jpg (371 KB, 951x1455) Image search: [Google]
Thorpool's Excellent Adventure.jpg
371 KB, 951x1455
>>82931551
>Ancient mythological weapons apparently have no way of distinguishing mutated cells from normal ones.
>>
>>82930071
Yeah. The split-personality deal is a problem that only Bruce has because Bruce is fucked up.

Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk, Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk, Betty Ross/Red She-Hulk, Skaar, and Rick Jones/A-bomb all kept control of their hulk forms.
>>
>>82931497
So she's a doctor, but is extremely rash with her decisions. Did she punch out patients who belittled her before she got the magic hammer?
>>
>>82931589
Choi is a guest artist for this arc, then a one-off by Alan Davis about Bruce, then Del Mundo is replacing Cho as the series' regular artist.

Which, hey, I'll mis Cho but Del Mundo is the best artist Marvel has.
>>
>>82931639
To be fair, his cancer was already gone.
>>
>>82931639
>Taco Bell no longer sells gorditas
>they just sell shitty chalupas with faux cheese filling
At least you can get them in proper mexican restaurants.
>>
>>82929316
>>82929345
>>82929386
>>82929426

Isn't this the same bitch that trade punches with Odin himself? How's the Chulk gonna go against it?
>>
>>82931439

What mind of a name is Enchantress for a villain anyways? Sounds STUPID
>>
>>82929386
>>82929426
Wait wait, Hulk is now a chinese dude?
What happened to good ol Banner_
>>
>>82930900
Didn't Thor got some reverse Mjollnir that only unworthy could wield?
>>
>>82932051
He's Korean you racist ableist shitlord
>>
>>82932161
Ok I admit you made me laugh, kudos anon.
>>
>>82931639
But that was a fake Mjolnir Loki made to mess with Thor and Deadpool in a "I'm your father" plotline that went completely nowhere
>>
>>82931979
I think it's more of a title
>Amora the Enchantress
>Loki the Lie-Smith
>Skurge the Executioner
>>
>>82932096
Yeah, but if I remember correctly in the last moment he became worthy again, couldnt use it and died. Then Secret Wars happened. And also Ultimate Thors hammer is somewhere on earth I think
>>
>>82932599
So this is SJW drivel that's also incredibly tone deaf? I know they go hand in hand, but to actually mock cancer patients like that.
>>
>>82931429
His healing factor is what keeps him from dying of cancer. He still has it and it's one of the reasons why it's a bad idea to try and copy his ability. It only works die to him having cancer.

Without the healing factor he automatically dies of cancer and without the cancer the healing factor is effectively Supercancer that will make the subject explode soon afterwards. The cancer itself killing off excess cells is requires for his powerset to work.
>>
>>82929386
What makes her worthy again I just don't understand this madness.
>>
>>82931642
The good ones like Samson and Leader are flawed

Only Rulk there is worth a hoot because he's a fuckup like the goodies
>>
>>82933729
>without the cancer the healing factor is effectively Supercancer that will make the subject explode soon afterwards
Did this actually happen where a guy organ's, muscles, or whatever has the cancers bulks up so much, it just bursts out of him?
>>
>>82934095
Deadpool tricked an entire ship of skrulls into adding his his powers to their templates in Secret Invasion. Then they exploded. I think it's happened before that but I somehow always neglect to read Kelly's run.
>>
>>82930715
They were engaged and then broke up.
>>
>>82929386
>So why is it that whenever Marvel puts Jane in another book, it's mostly a ridiculous reason to have her right the main character of the book she guest stars in?

Because Thordis is the new Red Hulk, complete with the overlong "Oh who gives a shit at this point" identity mystery dominating their home book.
>>
>>82929345
>>82929386
Having ditched Marvel circa like Siege, it touches a nerve to see "The Ten Realms."

Especially since the new Realm was basically created to justify Angela.
>>
>>82931497
That's dumb. Why doesn't she just try to replicate the cure. Or at least just realize the world is isn't a better place where she dies of cancer. It's meaningless. Then again maybe the world is a better place where she dies of cancer.
>>
>>82931609
It's weird to see girls on 4chan.
>>
>>82933737
She thinks she worthy
That's it, she believes she's worthy and thus it was so.
>>
>>82930872
I like her in ANAD.
>>
>>82929386

Ah, there's our Thor, worthily choking the shit out helpless teenagers for information
>>
>>82929345
>>82929386
>>82929426
I don't know how much of this is Whor as an awfully written character to begin with and how much of this is awful writing fullstop.

Regardless it's shit. Also I hope some event has Angela and the 10th realm implode so I don't have to put up with drivel
>>
>>82929386
More desperate attempts in thinking SJWs will actually buy their comics if Marvel does what they think they want.
>>
>>82929316

Who butchered Cho's pencils with the coloring in this one?
>>
>>82934457
It was literally created to justify Angela.

Which is extra stupid since they could have just used her original origin and it both would have worked great in-universe and would have made her actually unique instead if Thor spin-off character #20
>>
>>82930563
Yeah, this is weird. Like, why is Jane acting like this? She goes from not knowing how to wield the hammer and taking all the wonder of being Thor in to just throwing people around and starting fights.

CMPunk went out of his way to show how Jane was a different type of Thor and I thought that was a better approach. Because she's a lot worse than Thor in the whole "just start fights for the heck of it" department.

Also, it's really crazy, she really feels she has the right to do whatever she feels like just because she has the hammer. She knows next to nothing about being a superhero. This is also my problem with the way Aaron did the whole hammer switch. Its terrible.
>>
>>82931430
It was a few issues after Thor 600. Thor broke Mjolnr on Bor and he had to go get it fixed, and he did that by infusing some of his soul into the hammer. It did happen.

>>82931497
I thought she said she didn't want a magic cure "because magic has a cost" (which is a lie but w/e floats Jane and Aaron's boat).
>>
File: file.png (367 KB, 616x297) Image search: [Google]
file.png
367 KB, 616x297
>>82931204
If they were going to go that route they should have stuck with the Captain Marvel explanation that cancer is universally incurable and you only survive if you're lucky.
>>
>>82935708
>because I've I've been
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.