[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is fucking shit >Darredevil tortures people >Action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 5
File: Daredevil_Final_Poster.png (669 KB, 568x810) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_Final_Poster.png
669 KB, 568x810
This show is fucking shit

>Darredevil tortures people
>Action scenes in the dark where you can't see anything
>Outdated dialogue (Wesley/Kingpin talking about "situations" and "friends")
>>
>>82927665
All you've pointed out is persoanl pet peeves and nothing thematically wrong with the piece itself.

Have you even preformed a literary analysis? You know, Composition I English stuff.
>>
File: 1463573405600s.jpg (7 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1463573405600s.jpg
7 KB, 250x186
>>82927665
Stop trolling ok
>>
>>82927697
>nothing thematically wrong with the piece itself.
Why does Matt have a no-kill rule?
>>
>>82927737
catholic. It's all explained in the show, by the entire series really.
>>
>>82927665
I want /tv/ shitposters to leave
>>
>>82929429
>catholic
he can just confess it away then
>>
>>82927665
I just find it stupid that it's set in the marvel cinematic universe and matt has a problem believing in mystical ninja myths despite aliens attacking new york, an entire city being lifted in the air, the shield leaks and the existence of Thor.
>>
>>82929586
That mentality doesn't really work out to well.
>>
>>82929586
Confirmed for knowing absolutely nothing about Catholicism.
>>
>>82929429
>>82929586
you ever met a Catholic?

better yet an Irish Catholic?
>>
>>82927665

What does this even mean?
>>
>>82930121
aliens people can accept, it's life that's beyond earth, and some of the other powers and stuff are explained with science and whatnot

What confused him more was "magic" "resurrection" and "demon beasts being summoned and placed in battle against century-old ninja clans"

Even Stick makes a joke about Matt not believing in resurrection yet still being Catholic
>>
>>82930467
I think he means like when people say stuff like "Have our FRIENDS take care of the situation". When they're being discreet and secretive and shit, I guess? And I guess OP thinks that's outdated.
>>
>>82930467
Their dialogue is corny as fuck

When talking about illegal business activities they allude to it in the most cliche outdated way possible

>we have a....."situation"
>our....."friends" are displeased
>>
When's the Born Again guy gonna show up complaining how this wasn't just Born Again, in comic form and everything.
>>
>>82930564
You know these are adapted from comic books, right?
>>
>>82929586
That not how that works...

Murder is a mortal sin aka a sin you can't get absolution for unless its from God Himself during judgment. Basically if you kill someone and you didn't have an EXTREMELY good reason for it (Like defending another person's life and it was a no choice scenario) your ass is going straight to hell.
>>
>>82930564
Oh, I see what you mean. Here' let me take a crack at modernizing this archaic lingo for a more modern audience.

>Our criminal activities have been disrupted
>Or co-conspirators will not be happy to know that they have been implicated in our ongoing criminal enterprise
>>
>>82930562
I'm just confused that he's calling dialogue he doesn't like "outdated" as if we've somehow evolved and mobsters in TV and film us a specific set of different terms when they're trying to be subtle now and the Daredevil writers didn't get the new lingo guidebook.

Like, if that's the case, what IS in the "how mobsters talk in 2016" guidebook? I'm curious to know, it would be pretty fuckin' handy in case I myself ever have to write a mobster for a TV show...
>>
>>82930807
It's outdated as in we've heard these exact lines decades ago, it's just meaningless generic mobster chatter

It's uncreative and unengaged
>>
>>82930880
I'm not seeing excerpts from the New Mobster Lingo guidebook.

I expected excerpts from the New Mobster Lingo guidebook.

I'm trying to do some research here, for my own self-improvement. Help a brother out.
>>
Speaking in deniable circumlocutions makes all kinds of sense in our days of omnisurveillance.
>>
Kingpin is a mobster who talks about mobster shit. What do you want him to do? Just quip?
>>
>>82930951
>New Mobster Lingo guidebook.
You're supposed to create your own new dialogue, that's what "original" means

>>82930964
makes for shit tier TV though
>>
>>82927665

>This show is fucking shit

No.
>>
>>82931037
What makes you think it's not original? Post proof of other medias that it was directly copied from.
>>
>>82931037
How the hell do you want them to speak vaguely in case they're being surveilled?
>>
>>82931037
Ever heard the phrase "There's nothing new under the sun"?
>>
>>82931155
I don't know, I'm not a writer

but I can spot shit
>>
>>82929586
Your argument just got thrown out the window. When it comes to the no-kill rule anyway.
>>
>>82929586
Confession doesn't work on Mortal Sins.
>>
File: 1429658252539.jpg (116 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1429658252539.jpg
116 KB, 960x960
>Muh Vanessa
I hate this shit.
>>
>>82932020
Kingpin was portrayed as insecure, awkward or as a fragile pussy in virtually every scene

would be good if there was contrast but there wasn't
>>
>>82930416
The religion basically invented the concept of a just war, and just killing to bypass the pacifist origins of Christianity,
>>
>>82931209
Mmm. The mating call of the critic.
>>
>>82932112
The point of the 1st season is that both men are growing into their roles. I argue that he isn't really the Kingpin until his good Samaritan speech.
>>
>>82927737
he doesnt believe death is the justice they deserve, he believes going to jail and serving your time is justice.
also he doesnt believe he is the one to make the judgment call
>>
>>82934204
>he doesnt believe death is the justice they deserve, he believes going to jail and serving your time is justice.
because?
>>
>>82932112
thats exactly what I thought when I watched him decapitate a man with a car door...
>>
>>82934232
death is too easy
>>
>>82932112
There is contrast with Season 2 when he's in prison.
>>
>>82934269
you're joking right?

>wahhhhhhh, you embarrassed me in front of her!
>>
>>82934366
I don't think you know what good television is

The first season is done, he looks like a bitch in it, that's set in stone

Season 2 being different is just a weird tonal change
>>
>>82934551
then he put the man who embarrassed him in his fucking place
>>
>>82934614
while crying about it like a child
>>
>>82927665
>>Outdated dialogue

???
>>
>>82934664
its hard to do the necessary thing sometimes :^)
>>
>>82934596
>I don't think you know what good television is
Maybe not, care to explain oh all-knowing one?

In all seriousness it's supposed to show growth, at the end of season 1 he gets the harder edge and demeanor that the kingpin is known for. Then when we see him again in season 2 (several months after the events of the first season) he is in full kingpin mode.

The change isn't illustrated perfectly but the pieces are there and you're either autistic or ignoring it intentionally.
>>
>>82929586

Murder is a mortal sin you filthy protestnt
>>
>>82931008
I guess they just want him to be blatant about everything.
>>
>>82927665
>>Darredevil tortures people
>>Action scenes in the dark where you can't see anything
>>Outdated dialogue (Wesley/Kingpin talking about "situations" and "friends")

Damn, those are some cherry picked reasons. I can think of a bunch of reasons why other shows suck and none are cherry picked like OP.

Nice try tho.
>>
>>82927665

How about you turn the brightness on your tv or laptop up, cause I can see everything.
>>
>>82938589
See, that's the one complaint that makes no sense to me. You can adjust the screen settings on all your devices.

Let's change the point of this thread

What did you guys like about Daredevil?
>>
>>82930685
Kek
>>82930564
Don't lie, gangsters talking like that sounds cool as hell.
>>
>>82938779

>Daredevil himself
>Well written and all around likable characters that don't make it boring to watch when they focus on other characters besides Matt (I.E. Foggy, Stick, Fisk, Ben, Frank, etc etc)
>Good pacing in the first season. A little bad in the second season, but it was still all around enjoyable
>Writing that deviates from the normal super hero-tier writing. Matt actually losing Night Nurse and all the friends around him instead of everything being pitch perfect by the end of the season

>The fight scenes of course

>Character progression of Wilson Fisk and Frank Castle

>Nods at the comics while also being open for casual fans, meaning all they have to know about Daredevil is he was in a comicbook

Also the overall Catholic sub-plot and how spot on they got the shit Miller wrote in the comic.
>>
Any good Daredevil comics?
>>
>>82939359
Read the Frank Miller run.
>>
>>82927665
Is hating Daredevil becoming to new, hot /co/ meme?
>>
>>82930672
>>82931711
>>82935872
wtf are you on about
priests can give absolution to any sin (though i think bishops may have to be consulted for lifting excommunications)
that said a priest told me that they will often ask (if appropriate) that a murderer turn himself in as part of his penance, or they will not grant absolution
also, mortal sins are defined by these criteria
1. be of grave matter
2. committed with full knowledge of the sin and gravity of the offense
3. committed with deliberate intent and complete consent

masturbation is a mortal sin head to confession though culpability may be reduced to the point of venial sin if the addiction is strong enough
>>
>>82934232
Death isn't suffering.
>>
>>82939359
Everything from Miller onwards not written by Diggle
>>
>>82927665
Karen is Felicity-tier now
>>
>>82930672
>>82931711
>>82935872
I'm not even that interested in this thread beyond my like of the show but these posts are retarded. Being an educated Roman Catholic, I will have you know that "any" sin can be forgiven by a priest, even including mortal ones Mortal sins are just ones that will technically send you to hell if you do not gain forgiveness from god for them.
There's only one sin that cannot be forgiven, and that is the sin against the holy spirit, but that has fuck all to do with anything Daredevil does, so fuck you ignoramuses.
>>
I never understood how he told people he never killed anyone when he totally killed the ninja guy by lighting him on fire. Does he just not count that?
>>
>>82944907
Catholicism is stupid. Nowhere in the bible is it said that any sin is worse than any other. They're all equal.
>>
>>82945927
Says you, dirty Protestant.
>>
>>82947151
Says the bible
>>
>>82945863
The weird part is that Matt specifically told Nobu
>"But I killed you."

Meaning, he fully acknowledged that he killed Nobu. Personally, I think Matt's problem this season comes from the fact that showrunners are hack Frank fags. Steven DeKnight new what's up.
>>
>>82945863
>>82947445
Matt didn't do kill him on purpose and was acting in self-defense.

After it was established they can be resurrected with ease, the whole "make sure you don't kill them" shtick wears out real fast.
>>
>>82948031
But he did kill him and he never kills even in self defense. Are you saying he didn't know what would happen by putting the sparks on the oil he was standing on? Of course he knew. He didn't even flinch after doing it either.
>>
>>82948086
>But he did kill him and he never kills even in self defense.
Remember how much Nobu fucked him over? At that point, where Matt's almost dead, I doubt he's really really concentrating on making 100% that the other guy doesn't die because in any case and that he gets out alive. That's what I meant by self-defense.

Matt isn't autistic, and he isn't someone (unlike some other superheros) who's absolutely capable of ensuring with great accuracy that his opponent will survive.
>>
I swear to god he had a no kill rule during Miller's run. Or am I remembering incorrectly?
>>
>>82948499
He knew that he would be setting him on fire. Anyway that's not the point. He straight up lied to people about it afterwards. And I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional, it just didn't seem like the writers thought about it at all.
>>
File: priestlel.jpg (54 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
priestlel.jpg
54 KB, 600x400
>>82947277
Says the King James Bible your types buy at Walmart and shun any context for, because Joel Osteen said it was the "direct jubilee of God's glory" or some shit.
>>
>>82927665
I loved the first season and especially loved all the tie ins to the Avengers events without actually making it necessary to include anything more than just mentions by establishing their own gritty organized crime underworld of NYC.

However save for several great moments and scenes throughout Season 2 I did not enjoy it. Stick gets annoying, they ruined Elektra and most of her back story and made her a stalker instead of a badass, and though I liked the character they focused too much on the Punisher. Also favorite character Kingpin was locked up and not featured much. And this is really nitpicking but I thought that with Fisk locked up they missed out on many opportunities to introduce other Daredevil antagonist like Bullseye, Purple Man, etc.
>>
>>82949003
I thought for SURE Bullseye would show up. And Purple Man died in Jessica Jones/spoiler] so yeah that's not happening.
>>
>>82949098
That's cool I tried one or two episodes of Jessica Jones couldn't get into it. Kind of want to give it another go hearing Purple Man is in it.
>>
>Summer /co/, or what is far more likely, ironically pretending to be summer /co/
>>
>>82949652
He's really good in it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
>>
>>82933454
>pacifist origins of christianity
>jesus let his disciples walk around with swords
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1920x1080
>>82927665
>This show is fucking shit

GTFO
>>
>>82950262
You can be pacifist but still believe that everyone has the right to defend themselves. There are two flavors of pacifism, the don't start shit kind, and the all fighting is bad no matter the reason kind(the kind that can only exist because other people are prepared to do violence on their behalf).
>>
fucking ninjas oh my god make them go away
>>
>>82950355
I had heard that people thought the ninjas were bad but I thought they were totally fine. It's Daredevil he has to fight the Hand. It has to happen.
>>
>>82927665

I watched both seasons and liked it. It's solidly "good". Not great, but there are worse ways to spend an hour.

One thing that got to me in season 2 is the "side characters conveniently killing someone just as Matt would be forced to make a difficult decision regarding them" deal.

Like, that ninja follows Matt home and Matt disables him. Oh shit! He's got a fucking ninja in his house, and he has to make a tough call here. If he lets him live, he'll go back to The Hand and tell them his real identity, putting his friends in danger. But if he kills him then God will totally wag his finger at him! Good thing Elektra just walks on screen and slits his throat so Matt can be angry for a second and then go back to teaming up with her!

Okay, that's fine, that happens. But wait! What about those ninjas on the rooftop who saw Nobu kick his mask off! Oh, fuck, that's like six dudes that just saw Matt Murdock's face! Can Daredevil really live with six murders on his hands, just to protect his identity? I don't know, but what I do know is that this is going to be a really difficult decision for M--Oh shit! Punisher just sniped all of them, I guess he doesn't have to do anything. But I bet he's awful mad about it.

All right, but Nobu's still alive. That dude's fucking invulnerable. Matt kicked him off the roof but he's only got a few seconds to decide if he's willing to finish the job or let him get away. Nobu's not the kind of invulnerable ninja assassin you want out there having seen you out of costume. What will Matt do? We'll never know, because Stick comes out of nowhere and beheads him! The *third* different character to do this! I'm sure Matt'll find time to be mad about that later.

Like, once I can get. But Jesus Christ, you eventually get to the point where you're just thinking "Oops, that guy saw his face, I wonder which of Matt's friends is going to murder him this time so that Daredevil can continue to not deal with that."
>>
>Cold open of Episode 12
>Matt, Elektra and Stick fighting ninjas
>Somebody cuts the lights
>The lights come back on, the ninjas all disappeared
>Matt: "How did they do that?"

Matt, you're a fucking blind person.
>>
>>82951083
Don't - worry about it
>>
>>82930564
>There's problems with our illegal dealings.
>Our illegal dealings?
>That's right. Our ILLEGAL DEALINGS. Our CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES will not be pleased with this.
>>
>>82934232
HE'S A LAWYER, AND HE HAS PASSION FOR HIS JOB
>>
>>82947445
No he didn't. He just said "You're dead."
>>
>>82949652
Purple Man and Nuke were the best parts of the show for sure.
They said season two of Jessica Jones is going to feature the side characters primarily since it shoots at the same time as Defenders.
Funny thing is that taking Jessica Jones out of Jessica Jones is pretty much the greatest thing they could possibly do for the show.
>>
>>82949003
I only liked the Kingpin at all at the end of season 1, so I was okay with not seeing him so much. In small doses and in full Kingpin mode that actor is pretty fun as that character
>>
It's been a while, but doesn't Matt kill in some comics? It's only in extreme cases as far as I'm aware, and that one girl he shoved out a window in Man Without Fear, but wouldn't a struggle with this kind of thing be more in line with comic continuity anyway? A rough transition instead of a smooth one, or something.
>>
>>82930564
People talk like this in real life.
>>
2003 flick was better
>>
>>82950924
>>Like, that ninja follows Matt home and Matt disables him. Oh shit! He's got a fucking ninja in his house, and he has to make a tough call here. If he lets him live, he'll go back to The Hand and tell them his real identity, putting his friends in danger. But if he kills him then God will totally wag his finger at him! Good thing Elektra just walks on screen and slits his throat so Matt can be angry for a second and then go back to teaming up with her!
I fucking hate this shit
>>
>>82927665
well I liked it.
>Darredevil tortures people
so?If you mean that its not very conducive for solving socio economic issues than that can be said about every hero
adjust the brightness, you have control.
that is outdated?
>>
>>82954165
>brightness
nah, it's not that kind of issue
>>
>>82929586
sins come in categories. kind you can buy away and kind that stay no matter what
>>
>>82941412
>>82935872
>>82929586
Organized religion is kinda dumb.
>>
>>82954242
unorganized religion is dumber
>>
>>82954268
I can at least respect people who can keep their religious beliefs to themselves and personal.
>>
>>82954299
Its funny how you think saying that you don't respect more than half of all humanity makes you seem smart and not like a giant asshole.
>>
>>82954299
>implying not being part of an organized religion =keeping it to yourself
you need to learn more about the world
>>
>>82954362
enlighten me in the ways of the world.
>>
>>82954379
unorganized religious people can be as in your face about their religion as anyone else.sometimes even more than average since they want outside validation
>>
>>82939359

Daredevil is probably the most consistently well written superhero in all of Marvel/DC. You can pick up pretty much any comic of his post-Miller, and it's usually going to be good, apart from a bit of a stretch in mid/late 90s, and the Andy Diggle stuff.
>>
>>82954052
Eh I wouldn't go that far familia
>>
>>82957654
>he hasn't seen the directors cut
>>
>>82927665
The show has major problems, but nothing you listed were among them.

The actual problems are the inconsistency of Matt's views on killing, and the awful season finales.
>>
>>82934664

>Trying this hard to be edgy

/tv/cucks please leave
>>
>>82940974

It is on /tv/, while simultaneously praising BVS and Gotham
>>
>>82954052
Go away, Ben.
>>
>killing Ben Urich in season 1

For what purpose?

He didn't even achieve anything
>>
>>82949098
Bullseye is definitely coming in S3.

...Whenever the fuck S3 is.
>>
>>82949098
>>82961859
Collin Farell was already the perfect Bullseye
>>
>>82954170
The action scenes are not too dark at all. You can see everything in all of them.
>>
>>82931037
>makes for shit tier TV though

He gave you the best reason possible

You're just being stupid
>>
test
>>
>>82945863
Lucky for him he wasn't actually dead
>>
Who will be the villain for the defenders
>>
>>82934596
>Season 2 being different is just a weird tonal change
...you mean contrast, like >>82932112 asks for?
>>
>>82965843
Contrast within the the season itself you dense fuck
>>
>>82949098
I haven't double-checked but I've heard that the sniper that worked for Fisk had the logo on his uniform. Either it's just an Easter egg or it's a subtle use of the character that could pay off later.
>>
I think the shows fucking great.
>>
>>82930564
He means they are literally friends.

And people say "we have a situation" all the time to avoid talking about what it is.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.