[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which character did the MCU fuck up the most with transitioning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Cucktron.jpg (90 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
Cucktron.jpg
90 KB, 1012x675
Which character did the MCU fuck up the most with transitioning him/her/it onto film?

Bonus points: try to say someone other than Ultron.
>>
>Bonus points: try to say someone other than Ultron.
Ultron was great faggot.
>>
Zemo

>Where's the glue?!
>>
File: Helmut Zemo.jpg (108 KB, 892x1266) Image search: [Google]
Helmut Zemo.jpg
108 KB, 892x1266
>>
Mandarin. Anything else is wrong.
>>
>>82926241
It's clearly Hulk/Banner. That whole movie is a mess and the recast and new CGI Hulk couldn't be more welcome.
>>
>>82926299
Shit dude she's only been in 2 movies, one of which was more of a minor role. Give her some time to develop her character.
>>
>>82926349
>replying to Bendis
>>
>>82926241
Natasha
Clint
Zemo
>>
>>82926275
This desu

Having him not act like his creator wpuld be doing him wrong.
>>
File: Mandarin.jpg (411 KB, 1680x800) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin.jpg
411 KB, 1680x800
>>82926241
"RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE I HATE MY DADDY!!1!!!" screaming jack-o-lantern Ultron is really a bad one-note comic villain who would have been a laughably shitty movie villain.

The only genuine answers are the characters they've kowtowed to the Chinese for, Not Muhndarin and Celtic Ancient One.

That said, they've made at least a dozen characters better than any of their comic portrayals.
>>
>>82926335
This times 1000
It's Mandarin, no contest. He even beats Ultron in my opinion.
>>
Thor
>>
Pym
>>
>>82926335
You can't make Mandarin any worse than he originally was.
>>
>>82926241
The UN.
In Civil War they pretend they can do things.
>>
>>82926415
Well played.
>>
>>82926335
>>82926370
>>82926401

>they didn't see the one shot where the real mandarin sends guys to get/kill the fakes
>>
>>82926432
Not canon
>>
Alright, which MCU characters do you like more than their comic versions?

>Steve Rogers
>Tony Stark
>Scott Lang
>Falcon
>>
>>82926241
Any villain they put on Agents of SHIT.

>We will never get Absorbing Man in a big budget Avengers fight now
>>
>>82926432
>Thinking Blu Ray extras retroactively fixes cinematic movies.

I own every super hero blu ray ever created, let alone seen them.
>>
>>82926432
>one shot damage control
It doesn't matter, they fucked up.
>>
>>82926448
Are the one shots not canon, now?
>>
>>82926241

Sam Wilson as Falcon, he is meant to be likeable and similar to the Bucky as a kid, but movie Falcon is just a douche fast and furious character
>>
Maria Hill
Malekith
Zemo
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>82926474
>>
>>82926432
That was confirmed to be purely to shut up the not muhs and will never be referenced again.
>>
>>82926299
are you serious m8
>>
>>82926453
Cap
Scott
Falcon
Bucky

I can also say I like Wanda and Spider-Man an equal level as their comic counterparts.
>>
>>82926453
Scott
Tony
Cap
Rhodey
>>
Gamora
Ronan
Black Widow

Anyone who argues otherwise is objectively wrong.
>>
>>82926388
Agreed
Not having him be a god is dumb and the whole science=magic thing is just gay
>>
>>82926335
The "not muh" meme is dumb, because people use it to ignore something fucking infuriating: Terrorist Mandarin was a new type of villain for the MCU that logically connected all three movies together tightly and had 'memorable' written on his forehead. Not to mention it was Ben Fucking Kingsley.

Then Black decided to go full retard and give us a THIRD evil white businessman played by a lesser actor who had zero interesting traits beyond being a less charismatic Edward Nigma. Not only that, but the henchmen were a bunch of Abercrombie models.

Could you imagine how fucking cool it would've been to see a bunch of terrorists from IM1 with Extremist boosts instead? Fuck.
>>
>>82926241
I think the more important issue is who are we worried about sucking when/if they get added.

Personally I'm afraid that Taskmaster will suck if they ever use him in anything. Same for Mephisto, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight.
>>
File: WW Lee.jpg (66 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
WW Lee.jpg
66 KB, 600x362
>>82926570
Gamora was never a good comics character, either.
You can argue "She's hotter in the comics", but it's really hard for a woman to be "comics hot".

But character-wise she's just about equal.
>>
>>82926448
>>82926465
No they're all canon, they just don't matter. Just like Agents of SHIELD.
>>
File: Ghost Rider Cage.jpg (16 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider Cage.jpg
16 KB, 460x276
>>82926599
>Taskmaster
>Moon Knight

Considering they've done pretty strongly with Captain America, Batroc, Winter Soldier and with Punisher and Daredevil on TV, I can't really see what your concern is.

We really don't need any more Ghost Rider, the last two movies have already utilized the best of his incredibly thin rogue's gallery and stories.
>>
>>82926615
I dunno man, I thought she was a much more entertaining character in the comics than in the movie.

I'm not even into women, so it's really not about which version is hotter for me.
>>
>>82926708
I disagree.
>>
>>82926591
You miss the point. No ones complaining about terrorist Kingsley Mandarin, they're complaining about the TWIST of him being some shitty actor
>>
File: 1374362401921.jpg (43 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1374362401921.jpg
43 KB, 554x439
>>82926734
Well we're all entitled to our opinions.
>>
>>82926241
Ultron's an algorithm based off of an existing set of brain patterns. They portrayed him just perfectly.
>>
File: adel.png (18 KB, 151x162) Image search: [Google]
adel.png
18 KB, 151x162
>>82926284
>>82926305
>>
>>82926599
>>82926706
Well get ready, because Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are coming to Netflix...
>>
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 600x316
>>82926241
This poor bastard.
And they didn't even have to get to his movie to do it.
>>
>>82926806
>1.jpg
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>82926742
They're complaining about both, anon. The whole complaint is replacing a cool villain with a shit one last minute for an awful twist.
>>
>>82926876
>Mandarin
>Cool
Fu Manchu with super Kung-Fu and magical dragon rings.

Sounds more like a Mortal Kombat villain.
>>
>>82926875
What?
>>
>ctrl+f
>no Strucker
>>
>>82926776
Except they're right.

Also Mandarin
No accent Natasha
Whiplash
And Matt Murdock wasn't a ginger.
>>
>>82926453
Cap
I was so happy they made the river of truth speech into something not full retard and made someone other than Cap say it
>>
>>82926958
I came here to post this

Mcu fucked up Strucker waaaaaaaay to hard.
>>
First off fuck you for thinking Ultron because he was solid. But these are my picks
>Mandarin
Truth be told, I could have lived with the persona given in the film. But for the simple fact that its just a ruse and there isnt a Mandarin at all is kinda shit
>Strucker
A complete fucking waste. I was excited seeing him when first teased and to be reduced to nothing but a glorified cameo makes him an easy pick
>Malekith
I like what was there but they did NOTHING with him
>Whiplash
Should of given us Crimson Dynamo and gave him more to do
>>
>>82926275
> No, no, no.... leave me ALONE!!!!
Ultron turned into a little bitch who was getting outsmarted all over the place ever since the Seoul scene.

The creepy robo-lips and no open cheeks notwithstanding.
>>
Aunt May.
>>
>>82926284
>>82926305
The saving grace of Zemo is that he wasn't killed off, so there's still a chance he can become a proper Zemo.
>>
>>82926960
>No accent Natasha
Ah, international superspies, well known for their thick and distinguishing accents.
>>
>>82927094
>got wrecked in an aerial battle by Tony
>got wrecked hand to hand by Cap
>got wrecked in a coding battle with Jarvis
>got wrecked by Vision
>got corpse beaten by Hulk
>got corpse pissed on by Scarlet Witch
>>
>>82926370
>screaming jack-o-lantern Ultron is really a bad one-note comic villain who would have been a laughably shitty movie villain
Hey now, I hope you're not implying that a still Ultron face would have been a bad thing. The scenes of him as the beat up iron legion and the drone were two of his best scenes, carried entirely by the voice acting and body language.
>>
>>82926241
>>82926335
Mandarin was obviously the biggest departure but I liked it.

Ultron was the biggest fuck-up in execution. Though having him act like Tony made sense, it didn't help keep tension strong through the film.

It would have been better if he acted like he did in his first and last scenes throughout the film.
>>
Every character in Guardians of the Galaxy, especially Star-Lord and Drax, Yondu too, if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>82926570
Ronan and Gamora were fine if you've ever read anything pre-Giffen. They just had their histories jumbled up and thrown in a blender. Cause, you know, they were actual characters that existed for about 30 years before Annihilation.

Instead of Ronan's exile making him more of an antihero like Giffen, it made him even more of a psycho, similar to how he was in the earlier stuff. Yeah it kinda sucks they killed him but otherwise? Hardly the worst adaptation.

Gamora was a boring cocksleeve for Rider under Giffen and slutty wallpaper in DnA GotG, It truly baffles me that anybody even not muhs about the movie version, but I guess that's par for the course for ignorant DnAfags.
>>
>>82926509
Source bitch.
>>
>>82927200
I feel like reading DnA Guardians and the Annihilation + Conquest event before the movie was a mistake.

It was the first time I had a NOT MUH reaction. I just couldn't enjoy the movie that much because I knew how much better the characters were in the comics and how much interesting the movie could be.
>>
File: dropthehammer.gif (923 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
dropthehammer.gif
923 KB, 400x225
>>82926241
Conversely, here's an MCU character that's way better than his in-name-only comics counterpart.
>>
>>82927163
>Tony
He wasnt trying to win that fight, only distract him so he could get away with the vibranium. You got to remember hes managing several bodies at once
>Cap
Actually he was winning that fight, and would have killed Steve if it werent for the twins
>Jarvis
I'll give you that one
>Vision
Of course he did, he designed Vision better than him. And Vision had an Infinity Stone for fuck sake, which btw Ultron survived
>Hulk
Heavily damaged by infinity stone, so its a pass. When he was at prime he was kicking Thors ass
>Wanda
I dont see the issue with this one
>>
>>82926396
Eh they did Pym pretty well, or at least Michael Douglas was a good choice.

I have a feeling Wright's Pym would have been better
>>
>>82926458

Fuck off.
>>
>>82927094
Ultron was fine as a character, aside from some misplaced quips. His powerlevel and effectiveness was more of an issue with the story than the character himself.
>>
>>82926305
Really, they nailed Zemo's personality, motive, and tactical genius perfectly. They only thing they got wrong was his appearance and they set him up with plenty of time to hot glue a purple sock to his face.
>>
>>82927269
Yeah, I mean, I do enjoy the movie, but I would throw the entire cast and crew into an active volcano for a straight adaptation of DnA.
>>
>>82926453
I liked Nigger Fury in the MCU more than Ultimate Fury
>>
>>82926769
Never stated in the movie.
>>
>>82927200
>>82927269
>implying all the characters weren't based on DnA/Giffen with elements of previous writers (that you just never bothered to look into because you're filthy movie casuals at heart)

Band wagoners pls go. Giffen and DnA did not invent Cosmic Marvel. Well, Giffen helped with Rocket, but I digress.
>>
>>82927315
I have a feeling Wright's Pym would be much MUCH worse, "le wifebeater" worse.
>>
Am I the only who liked IM3 Mandarin?
>>
>>82927328
Ultron was amazing in his first few scenes.
The party scene where he was some cyber zombie thing that quoted Revelation while wrecking everyone's shit raised my hopes for the movie.

Then spader started quipping about forgetting how to say "children" and it went downhill from there.
>>
>>82927384
You're talking about Trevor or Killian?
>>
>>82927355
Jesus, buddy. People are just saying they enjoyed DnA more than the movie, nobody in this thread even implied they invented cosmic Marvel, or cares, take your nerd raging elitism somewhere else.
>>
>>82926907
He stopped being a "Fu Manchu" long ago, moviefag
>>
>>82927133
She's Russian. She should have a Russian accent, not an American one.
>>
>>82927355
>being this assmad
Someone is allowed to enjoy a comic more than a movie you know. People are also allowed to think GotG was nothing special.
>>
>>82927330
See, I'm glad to have characters that have a visible character arc since I'm never going to get solo movies for them.

It's like all you morons forget that DnA was the endpoint of development for most of those characters. Even if you're just counting the modern stuff it still came after Annihilation and Conquest. So how do you start with a 616-based GOTG movie and not shift things around? Please enlighten me.
>>
>>82927362
He wasn't a villain in his script you moron. He was Ant-Man for one-third of the movie.
>>
>>82927393
It's an issue with Whedon's writing where he needs at least one character telling jokes/wry asides in every scene.

In the party scene, Tony and Hawkguy were there, so they could shoulder those duties.

In the scenes where Ultron was plotting, it was just him and the Twins.

It's a real flaw in Whedon's style of writing, to be honest. It works well with down-to-Earth characters who are only really fighting for themselves (e.g. in Firefly), but in Avengers it feels pretty misplaced sometimes, and really takes away from the tension.

Ironically, I don't think that Whedon himself wanted Age of Ultron to have as much humour as it did. It felt like, after Avengers, the execs said 'the next movie must have more of that signature Whedon humour'.
>>
>>82927472
Who said anything about being a villain? What part of "having a feeling" you don't grasp, son?
>>
>>82927415
>>82927460
I'm not assmad. Hell I defintely do like the comics more, who is why the movie changing things doesn't bother me.

I'm just tired of the "GOTG was nothing like the comics!" meme. It's getting real apparent that it's coming from people who are themselves utter casuals.
>>
>>82927443
You know a lot of people lose their accents after enough practice right.
>>
>>82927528
Citation needed.
>>
>>82927525
But GOTG WAS nothing like the comics, sure, it had elements in common with the comics, all adaptations have, but the base characterization was all over the place, and that's what this thread is about.
>>
>>82926335

Mandarin anything else is... Wait. Damn it. What co said.>>82926335
>>
>>82927471
Turn down the "morons" a bit, man. These are just comic books we're talking here, "DnA" became a short hand for "Cosmic Marvel 2004-2011", and I too think that's unfortunate, but that's what stuck, I doubt people are going around singing the praises of the DnA run based only on... The DnA run.
>>
>>82927362
You think Wright would've gone all the way with Pym?

I think there's a legitimately interesting story to tell in Pym and Jan being an awful, toxic couple but no one besides Kurt Busiek's interested in remembering the fucked up shit Jan did.
>>
>>82927640
There totally is, but every time that subject is tackled it's just awful, and maybe making it the focal point, or even worse, a sideplot of the mass audience's first exposure to Ant-Man would be a really really bad idea.
>>
>>82927351
It's stated in the comics.
The movie might as well have stated it, considering how much everyone points out Ultron essentially acts like Tony's kid.
>>
>>82927384
Nah, Moviebob liked him too.
>>
>>82928021
Oh so its confirmed shit then
>>
>>82927681
They should have had the title burst from the impact of Pym laying down the law. Just right out the gate with a really brutal dark moment that's never referenced again.
>>
>>82928001
It never happens in the movie though, and thus can't be used an an excuse for why something stupid is happening.
>>
>>82927681
Yeah, I agree. Plus an audience is going to immediately turn on the guy who slaps his wife no matter what the reasons are, and I could SEE the outrage over making excuses for wife beaters because Pym was sick in the head from a supervillain when he did it.
>>
>>82928034
They should have the movie exactly like it is, but the post-credits scene is just a flashback of five minutes of CGI Michael Douglas from the opening slapping the shit out of Janet, with no context or explanation.
>>
>>82928089
Nigga, it's Tony fucking Stark. Do you seriously think he WOULDN'T have based his revolutionary AI on his own personality?
>>
>>82927519
There's this meme going around by idiots like you that Pym was going to be evil in Wright's original script, that's based on absolutely nothing.

He was Ant-Man and then teams up with Scott after he steals the suit. There's no Yellowjacket
>>
>>82927562
>But GOTG WAS nothing like the comics, sure, it had elements in common with the comics, all adaptations have but the base characterization was all over the place

But it really wasn't. That's my whole point.

>Peter Quill, a clever adventurer with a guilt complex and mommy issues, is forced to unite a disparate group of prisoners to fight a Cosmic menace that no one else will stand up to

How is that not like the comics? That's no more of a departure than RDJ's Iron Man. And GOTG/Cosmic has way more rights issues.

Gamora, Drax, they have about as much Starlin as anything else. Drax is more of a dope and Gamora is lonely and nasty rather than slutty. Rocket is straight Giffen, with a bit more origin angst. Honestly Groot got changed the most, becoming a gentle giant instead of an arrogant prince.

Still plenty based on the comics though. I guess people are just confused because Gunn made a new plot and origin since it's kinda hard to start your Cosmic MCU with the 2008 Guardians and not change some shit around. These aren't YA novels we're talking about.
>>
>>82926284
shit opinion
>>
>>82926530
If Wanda actually has CM then I will like her more than her comic counterparts.
>>
>>82928204
Until you show a scene of him demonstrating this with an EEG helmet or something, there's no reason to assume that.
>>
File: doctor dome.jpg (44 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
doctor dome.jpg
44 KB, 570x760
>>
>>82928230
Shit taste.
>>
>>82928266
Except, you know, the scene where Ultron is literally quoting Tony's expressions whilst using Tony's mannerisms and gets called out on it.
>>
>>82926474
>>
>>82928268
OP said MCU but youre not wrong. Actually we could have a field day with non MCU fuckups
>>
Thor, Ultron, Zemo, Tony Stark before they turned the actual Tony Stark into RDJ, Hulk, Zola, Mandarin.

And here comes the contrarian opinion...Spider-man. It felt an extremely shallow character as Peter Parker. Also fuck off with Peter Parker again in high school, he wasnt in high school in the 616 comic books since 50 years ago. Everyone knows him as a 20ish photographer, not as a highschool twink.
>>
>>82928353
What is Venom's problem in Spider-Man 3?
>>
>>82928366
Your opinion is absolute shit mate
>>
>>82927384
I liked Ben too. Literally the only saving grace of that turd of a movie.
>>
>>82928387
The fact that hes forced into the final act, hes too small, and that we keep seeing Eddie's stupid ass face every 3 secs instead of, you know, Venom
>>
>>82928353
I would be much faster to list non MCU non fuckups
>>
>>82928320
He was quoting Tony because he looked him up when Jarvis told him he was his creator.

Kind of makes your brain waves argument moot.
>>
>>82928387
Sam Raimi didn't want to use him and he was practically forced to do it.
>>
Hawkeye

he is terrible, how can anyone say otherwise?
>>
>>82928390
So now you dont like the >muh comic books shit when MCU is on the other side of the line?

Sorry but young adult SM > High schooler SM

Just how it is in the comic books.
>>
>>82928438
>>82928423
I mean like what is his motivation? Kill Spider-Man because he stole his glory and girlfriend?
>>
Mandarin. That's a pretty easy one for me here.

>>82927281
Easily the best part of Iron Man 2 was his character.
>>
File: trash.jpg (45 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
45 KB, 960x720
>>82928484
Yes, basically.
>>
>>82928484
Considering the comic book version is exactly that minus the girlfriend Id say its an improvement.

Venom is just an angry reporter. There was no deep spin to the character until way after when they introduced the rest of the symbiotes.
>>
>>82928484
Well Eddie as a whole in the movie was shit but I suppose its because he ruined his career too
>>
If you consider Agents of SHIT as MCU, Blizzard.
>>
>>82928390
He's right about Parker though. The teenage Spider-man we got was really cringey, and the entire cast wouldn't need to talk down to him like that if they just made him a college student.
>>
>>82926615
>You can argue "She's hotter in the comics", but it's really hard for a woman to be "comics hot".
Yeeeeah, if they let her keep her damn eyes brows, Saldana would've went from a 4 to her usual 8
>>
>>82928561
What about Graviton?
>>
>>82928567
I think they would have more of a reason to talk down to him.
>>
>>82928527
And he had less of a reason to be in the movie than Harry Osborn does in ASM2.
>>
>>82926241
Ulton was fine in terms of personality. He was actually a pretty complex villain with a lot of character.

I just wish his face was different. And the film around him was different. Also, he should have messed up Stark's suit badly in their first encounter, with Stark only managing to win by pulling some desperate misdirection of some kind.
>>
>>82928437
...Except that he has a massive Oedipus complex and fucking loathes Tony, as exhibited at its rawest by that very scene. The guy loses an arm for so much as insinuating such a thing.
Is this seriously where Ultron shitposting comes from? People not actually watching the movie?
>>
>>82928671
The scenes of him being really menacing and him making stupid quips makes me believe that the executives wanted Whedon to tone it down because he was scaring the kids.
>>
>>82928423
I thought that black suit in SM3 as a palette swap of normal suit was pretty cool, and Venom looking like a distorted Spider-Man was neat too. But he should definitely eat more
>>
>>82928437
Wut? He looked up all of them, but he didn't use any of their mannerisms or phrases.
>>
>>82926241
Ultron
Ronan
>>
>>82928821
Whedon is known for stupid quips. I doubt that they forced him to put those in.
>>
>>82928849
I think it was a cool but terribly executed "responsibility gone wrong" Spider-man.

Like I understood what they tried to do, but was terribly done.

Regardless other than Venom, that you could just remove it from the movie easily I think the movie ties up nicely Peter, Harry and MJ's journeys.
>>
>>82928883
It's the high tone in Spader's voice plus the subpar CGI that ticked it off.
>>
>>82926615
She was almost a danzel in distress on GotG, being afraid of everything, getting rekt by other inmates in that prison.
Also, that movie still managed to fuck up Nova Corps and Ronan
>>
>>82926275
>He was great
>suppose to be threat
>kills one person throughout the entire movie
>and it was a plane with a gatling gun to do so

No.
>>
>>82928525
>Considering the comic book version is exactly that minus the girlfriend Id say its an improvement.
Ehh, not exactly. Eddie Brock was more self-loathing. In the comics he didn't go to pray to God to kill Peter, he wanted to die himself. More importantly, Venom doesn't think of himself as evil, he thinks he's the good guy out to defeat the evil Spider-man. Also the movie version never thought of himself as a "we". He just thought of himself as Eddie Brock with the power of the symbiote. These seem like minor things, but they're pretty important to Venom's character.
>>
>>82928932
Nice shitpost. He killed Strucker, Quicksilver, Cho's lab assistants (and arguably Cho), and it was stated he killed several people when obtaining materials for his endgame
>>
>>82928366
To be fair, RDJ Tony Stark is a much more interesting character than comic Stark.
>>
>>82928980
>Venom doesn't think of himself as evil, he thinks he's the good guy out to defeat the evil Spider-man

Nah, it's more personal than that. He sees himself as in the right, but it's more of a personal grudge gone way overboard than he thinks he's doing a public service or something
>>
>>82929031
I do agree with this.
>>
File: MCU Fucked Up.jpg (192 KB, 1043x1192) Image search: [Google]
MCU Fucked Up.jpg
192 KB, 1043x1192
>>82926335
>they didn't go with Knauf's Mandarin
>nothing from that godly run has been put in the movies
fuck me, Iron Man 3 dropped the ball hard
>>
>>82928932
>the threat of the villain is based entirely on bodycount.
>>
>>82929069
Well theyve already started backpedaling the Mandarin thing with that one shot, what if they introduce him later but hes also Fin Fang Foom?
>>
>>82929112
Bringing the makuans in could be cool.
>>
>>82929112
Nothing will EVER come out of that one-shot.
>>
>>82929031
>>82929066
Well Movie tony is just ultimate tony 2.0.
>>
>>82929086
To be fair, Ultron was really not threatening regardless of the body count. I liked him fine as a character, but they just didn't make him feel like a proper threat in the context of the story. As soon as the twins defect he's only on the defensive and it feels like the Avengers constantly have the upper hand. Even when Sokovia is lifted it never feels like Ultron is in control of the situation thanks to his drones being so weak. It makes it seem like all his power came from having the twins on his side.
>>
>>82929086
>the threat of the villain is based entirely on quipcount
>>
>>82929220
Loki did a great job there.
>>
>>82929142
Unless they need it to because they're running out of usable villains they haven't killed. Same with Red Skull. The MCU doesn't like to reuse villains all that much, and bringing back either of those guys would essentially be reusing a villain.
>>
>>82929219
>>82929086
>>82929086
>>82928932
>>82928997

Although I didn't like Ultron in the slightest, the THREATENING part is something all bigger villains of the MCU suffer.
Ffs, Ronan was defeated by dancing and had a clan of paper foot soldiers
Loki got REKT by hulk and his allien army was made of paper too
Ultron made a bunch of robots that Hawkeye could destroy by punching them, Nick Fury shoved a piece of metal on one while this same one was being shot with a regular pistol
Malekith had an army of paper elves

MCU villains are not threating so far, with the one exception being Zemo that acutally managed to tear the avengers apart.
>>
>>82928915
She got scared like once. And Drax was the only inmate that really fucked her up. She dispatched the others in front of him. Were you looking at your phone the whole time or something?

Also

>Nova Corps
>fucked up
>implying they've ever been anything but a bunch of redshirt busters

The Corps have existed to die in droves since their inception. The only one that's ever been worth a shit is Rider.

Honestly surprised I don't see more "NOT MUH SUPERNOVA" in regards to Saal.
>>
>>82928694
>Except that he has a massive Oedipus complex
More stuff that isn't in the movie. Pepper doesn't even make an appearance or is mentioned outside of the bar scene.

>and fucking loathes Tony, as exhibited at its rawest by that very scene.
Has nothing to do with brain waves. Has everything to do with him looking up information and seeing the Avengers as a threat due to his programming.

>Is this seriously where Ultron shitposting comes from? People not actually watching the movie?
You're talking about yourself buddy.

>>82928869
That's true. He has no reason to imitate Tony, he just does because plot hole.
>>
>>82929421
She only dispatched them after Drax distracted them with all his chit-chat, their knives were on their throat already and then they backed up whe Drax showed up. She later got manhandled by Yondu's man again while Yondu was interrogating Quill. People are always sucking this movie's balls when it was nothing except from funny.
>>
>>82926958
Strucker is like the Mandarin - There was nothing there to waste.
>>
>>82928089
First thing he was ever exposed to was all available data on Tony Stark. They don't need to spell it out, because the "why" isn't very important. The fact that he is is.
>>
>>82929369
I consider a cillain being an interesting character way more important than their power level.
>>
>>82929436
Tony made him and Tony was the first thing he was ever exposed to. You don't need a specific explanation why he takes after him - Any explanation would leave the plot exactly the same. The fact that he does is the only important part.
>>
File: angriestman.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
angriestman.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>82927544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM

I'm not even the anon you were arguing with, but jesus fucking christ are you retarded or something?

Have you never heard someone change their accent? Do you not think this would be a fucking crazily invaluable tool for a superhero whose superpower is BEING A GREAT FUCKING SPY?
>>
>>82929658
You're nitpicking, about power levels of all things. I prescribe Infinity Watch.
>>
>>82926241
>narcissistic
>despises his creator, but emulates him anyway
>homicidal
>petty
>sentimental
>defaults to genocide and robot conquest at the end of the day

He was pretty much Ultron from the comics.
>>
File: 1423462217398.jpg (23 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1423462217398.jpg
23 KB, 625x626
>>82926275
>>
File: 5117287-7500267093-SikA5.png (108 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
5117287-7500267093-SikA5.png
108 KB, 320x320
>>82926241
I'm going to apparently disagree with everyone and say Wanda Maximoff. In nearly every comic adaption I've seen that deals with her character, she is trouble even dealing with reality in part because of her growing up and in part because she accidentally warps reality around her when she isn't aware of it. She's not terrified of herself as much as terrified of losing the people she trusts, cares about, or relies on due to how her powers work.

Movie Wanda is just kind of scared because she's just a X-Men type psychic and she's dealing with depression over losing her brother. Sure, it's reasonable and relatable, but they could've put anyone from the X-Men cast in the exact same role and ended up with the same character.

>>82928490
>Easily the best part of Iron Man 2 was his character.
That's not saying much.
>>
File: 1412609454587.png (267 KB, 565x311) Image search: [Google]
1412609454587.png
267 KB, 565x311
>>82931980
Underrated post
>>
>>82926401
>You can't make Mandarin any worse than he originally was.
Except he was never bad.
And he was utterly fucking Superb in Haunted.
>>
>>82926358
Clint was great in CW. He actually felt like Hawkeye for once.
>>
>>82935607
That's kinda the problem though. He was completely different in all other movies so now his character is totally inconsistent.
>>
>>82928425
faster because there would be hardly any debate. Non-MCU is DC-caliber.
>>
>>82927200
>>82927269
>mfw I read the Annihilation to Thanos Imperative saga after the movie
>mfw I ended loving both
I liked more what the comics did with the characters though. Giffen Star-Lord is fucking great, but I know I would have gone "not muh" if I had read it first.
>>
>>82935607
He was too much of an asshole desu

He was a charming kind of smartass in the other movies. But in CW he's just unpleasant.
>>
>>82927163
>Ignoring that scene where he's kicking Thor's ass

But then you'll just say that Thor's a pussy in the movies anyway and ignore it
>>
>>82936150
In other movies he was the only adult one there.
In CW, when he started the slow clap in the prison, it felt like he was fucking 12.
>>
>>82936163
The time he beat down Thor was the only time he felt like a physical threat in the movie. And that tension was broken straight in half by Vision.
>>
>>82934091
I think with Wanda they are going literally the opposite way of the comics.
She starts pushing everyone's shit in, fucking up everything, and she slowly starts learning about her powers and becoming a better person.

It's different, but I wouldn't say they fucked it up considering her character was practically assassinated in comics.
>>
>>82927257
>Source bitch.

http://uproxx.com/movies/shane-black-the-nice-guys-iron-man-3/
>I’m a people pleaser. Marvel saw so many negative things they made a whole other movie just to apologize called Hail to the King. In which they said, “No, no, the Mandarin is still alive. That wasn’t him. There’s a real Mandarin.” The only reason they made that was an apology to fans who were so angry.
>>
File: 1463084272458.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1463084272458.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>82926241
>>
>>82929421
Gunn have used Nova Corps or Xandar at all.
He clearly wanted a group of useless pussies to make the guardians look better, and he should have just used the Kree.
Now, there is 0 chance of Novas getting to do anything cool. A fucking 60 year old woman will continue to be Nova Prime for some fucking reason
>>
>>82936503
It never says there that it's not canon or will never be referenced again
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (46 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.jpg
46 KB, 800x533
>>82927281
>ywn be a high tech assault rifle
>Justin Hammer will never gently caress you with his white gloved hands during a weapons demo
>>
>>82930441
We're not talking about that. If she was faking her accent she would have dropped it at one point since she's among allies. But she has an American accent 100% of the time.
>>
Zemo really
His plan was stupid
it worked by pure luck
it didn't really work
it was unrelated to the main plot of the film (the accord)
he hates the avengers...but doesn't want to kill them???? Or ruin their "good name"

Seriously only drones liked Zemo. He was totally shit
>>
>>82936924
This was actually a minor plot point in an MCU comic, the Leader says she was born in Stalingrad because she slips into an accent for a second, then she shots him in the leg.
>>
>>82937184
He would kill them, but he can't.
He wants to ruin their reputation and have them kill each other.
>>
>>82936163
They really needed to focus on that moment more. It's easy to forget and disregard it because it's so quick.
>>
Jackie Chan.
>>
>>82926241

Thor.
>>
>>82937372
Wouldn't know, I don't really read the MCU comics, just the actually 616 ones. But that's pretty fucking dumb. Why does she feel the need to continue doing an American accent?
>>
>>82936560
Gunn used the Nova corps in the same capacity they've always been used.
>>
>>82926462
>I own every super hero blu ray ever created, let alone seen them.
>>
>>82940802
I don't understand the point of these stock photos.
Is there a company that spends money so that we can have ebin reaction images?
>>
File: brock.gif (842 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
brock.gif
842 KB, 500x540
>>82926335

This just for the sake of ruining potential. You have Iron Man's biggest nemesis that has been an irrelevant nobody for the longest time and you can make him popular again in what was the most anticipated superhero movie of that year.

And you made him a joke.

And your real villain sucked ass.

And the movie still made more than the first two IM films combined.

If Mandarin was a real villain, he'd be popular again and Marvel would prop him up and use him in the comics and Iron Man wouldn't be a shit comic that had to go the Superior route just to be passable.
>>
>>82941048
I'm pretty casual, even more so when the movie came out. I really didn't like the mandarin and was disappointed that they chose him because I thought he was boring. But then the movie totally sold me on him as a pretty frightening terrorist. And then they took it away.
>>
File: 1367573501995.jpg (115 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1367573501995.jpg
115 KB, 570x558
>>82941204

Mandarin is pretty OP. His arrogance is usually how he loses.
>>
>>82926401
This. It'd be impossible to introduce the Mandarin to new audiences without looking like a racist dick. He only works in comics because he has enough backstory and character development to move past the now racist origins.
>>
>>82926335
There's no way they'd do a Chinese villain seeing how important China has been to their grosses. Hell, they added a scene just for China.
>>
>>82941631
It's impossible to have an asian supervillain without looking racist?
>>
>>82940946
The most purplexing is the guy standing next to the noose. what legitimate business would want to use that? I can't see a purpose for it outside of random fags on the internet replying to each other with it
>>
>>82942008
>>82940946

People take loads of pictures and upload them to stock photo websites. If someone buys the rights to use it, that person makes money. So it shouldn't be hard to believe that some come up with outlandish and weird photos. Less competition for that specific type of content.
>>
>>82926241
your mom
>>
>>82926599
I remember there was a handful of people convinced that Ward was going to become Taskmaster in AoS.
>>
>>82941925
It's impossible to make any non-white a supervillain without looking racist.
>>
>>82928442
Fuck off Whedon
>>
>>82930151
None of the MCU villains are interesting characters.
>>
>>82944163
Kingpin?
Electro?
>>
>>82928997
>>82929086
>>82926275
MCU Ultron fans are like Amazing Spider-Man, Man of Steel and BvS fans except more socially accepted. /co/ in charge of double standards.
>>
>>82926345
Let's just hope they make a proper hulk solo or even a team up movie with spidey or wolfey when they inevitably get the rights back.

Praying for a phase 4 movie
>>
>>82944567
Isn't Thor 3 a Thor/Hulk buddy movie?
Thats the last rumor I heard anyway.
>>
>>82944396
>/co/ is a hivemind

Fuck off idiot
>>
>>82936249
prison not withstanding I liked Clint in CW.

In prison Clint made no sense and felt like they wanted someone to say those lines but Scott doing it wouldn't have meaning, Wanda was tied up, and they reserved Falcon for actual information, leaving them with Clint.
>>
>>82945531
Clint made no sense in CW.
I can't wrap my head around why he would come out of retirement to join in an arguement that had equal number of his friends on either side. Choose the side that makes him a criminal and then bring more people into the conflict.
>>
>>82945770
Because of Wanda.
He already said that he owes something to her.
Probably the fact that her brother sacrificed himself to save him.
>>
>>82927384
The concept of a theatrical over-the-top stereotype covering for a true subtle archvillain is great, but it only works when the mask is more interesting than the face. And in that case, you had a cool, charismatic Bin Laden-esque baddie in a franchise previously dotted by forgettable loser scientists with the motivation of "bluh I hate Tony Stark because he's smarter than me and I want money," who then gets replaced with a forgettable loser scientist whose motivation is "bluh I hate Tony Stark because he's smarter than me and I want money."
>>
>>82946008
Right.
>>
>>82927640
>the fucked up shit Jan did.
What she did?
>>
Movie Ultron was so much sexier than the comic version.

Thank god for that Todex picture.
>>
>>82936681
He fucked up the names of some of those weapons though.
>>
>>82944246
Bwuh?

Isn't that the guy who made him almost the central focus of AoU?
>>
>>82927393
I was so hyped at the party scene. I had heard Ultron was bad and when I first saw it I was so hype after it. Then the movie continued and my hype turned to dismay
>>
>>82946383
Besides emotionally abusing several heroes into exacerbating their already fucked up mental states? Nothing much
>>
>>82944163
who
gives
a
fuck?

its a fictional character. if you think a character is racist simply because its a minority and a villain that's retarded and equally as racist because it implies only whites can be racist.

America is really pussified when you have to do shit like that just because you're in fear of offending some weakling pussy SJWs.
>>
It's Maria Hill, easily.

The weirdest thing is that they hired an actress that could play a perfect Hill and then gave her zilch to work with in the scripts.
>>
>>82926957
The anon clearly disagrees with the idea of numbers
>>
The worst thing about Ultron was that after his introductory speeches he had 0 meanimgdul dialog with anyone until Vision blew him up at the end.

The thing that makes me the maddest is that they fucking killed him off. Unless they use the Mind Gem again, or pull a retcon out of their ass he's gone.
>>
File: scarlet knows, why don't you.jpg (66 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
scarlet knows, why don't you.jpg
66 KB, 854x480
>>82928089
>quotes stark
>pissed when compared to tony
>omelete line
>hates tony the most
>>
>>82926241
>Cucktron.jpg
Back to your containment board please.
>>
The leader
>>
>>82936623
Your right. Mandarin is going to be the villain of avengers 3 part 1

idiot
>>
>>82942008
>hey tom I found this noose can I borrow your camera again I have some ideas
>>
>>82948826
>he had 0 meanimgdul dialog with anyone
He told Scarlet Witch he wanted to be Noah, that actually reveals a lot about how he saw himself and how in his mind he's actually following Tony's plan.
Then after they took his humanish body, he told Black Widow he's bumping it up to extinction because they took his toy. And he's talking to Black Widow, as he puts it, because he doesn't have anyone. The scene is telling you he's mad at the Avengers for taking his chance to be more human and sad that the twins have left him.
>>
>>82926241
Quicksilver. The guy died to gun shots. Wtf.
>>
>>82946008
> His kids have a dad, his wife has a husband. Wanda has no family because of his family still having him, so he feels he owes it to Pietro, though he was already paternal towards her before Pietro's death.
>>
>>82926284
Where's the bloody mask, since he was the son or grandson...
>I admit, Avengers :Assemble did him right withhis version of vengeance.
>>
>>82927163
>>82927300
Ultron was also based on JARVIS, so apparently that allowed him to exploit some weakness in Ultron's programming.
>>
>>82936924
Black Widows watched Disney movies like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs growing up so they wouldn't have Russian accents. They're spy children, not having an accent is vital to them doing their job.
>>
>>82942176
The noose one though. No one's going to use that shit in an ad. You're only going to see it in a setting that's edgy enough to joke about suicide. Which pretty much limits you to Family Guy and internet commenters.
>>
>>82945770
Maybe pay attention to the movie. He didn't come out of retirement to join an argument. He came out of retirement to do two things: help Wanda escape, and help Cap pursue Zemo. This is why the prison scene makes sense too. He's mad at Tony for locking away his daughteru, and also mad that Tony would jail them for the crime of trying to stop a dangerous villain.
>>
>>82951036
But team cap has a conversation that amounts to "to win the war some of us have to lose the fight". They all agree that the best course of action is to let Cap and Bucky go for the sake of the mission.

In the next fucking scene Hawkeye is mad at Tony for locking him after. Immediately following their whole team accepting that. Hawkeye could have just left and went back to his unknown house that IIRC only Fury know about and been able to stay there forever. Or not gotten involved at all. He has no right being so mad at Tony when he knew everything he was getting himself into
>>
>>82926241
Black widow
>>
>>82949987
Other way around. Although they had JARVIS watching over him when first uploaded, Ultron was his own thing.

Vision's body had a partial upload of Ultron in him before they put JARVIS in.
>>
>>82951147
>But team cap has a conversation that amounts to "to win the war some of us have to lose the fight". They all agree that the best course of action is to let Cap and Bucky go for the sake of the mission.

Yeah, AFTER they've been cornered. That doesn't mean he wanted to be locked up. It just means he thought being locked up and having Cap stop Zemo was less bad than letting Zemo get away.

> He has no right being so mad at Tony when he knew everything he was getting himself into

Yes he does. Tony still did what he did. Knowing that someone might fuck you over doesn't somehow change the fact that he fucked you over.
>>
>>82926335
Mandarin fucking sucks im glad he wasnt used.

>muh yellow peril villain
>>
>>82926591
Trevor >> Shitty Bin Laden
>>
>>82926769
and they based said algorithm on the most obnoxious and insufferable character around
so its still shit
>>
>>82949653
Referenced.
>>
Kingsley wasn't the Mandarin. They made it very clear that bland-ass Guy Pearce was the real Mandarin.

http://ronriii.tumblr.com/post/50492140064/aldrich-killian-is-the-mandarin

The one-shot can go fuck off, it's never going to be referenced again.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.