[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a John Byrne "continuity fix" issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 439x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 439x640
>it's a John Byrne "continuity fix" issue
>>
>>82924592
Examples I'm supposed to somehow already know about?
>>
>>82924614
Sandman and Norman Osborn being cousins because they had similar hairstyles.
Although frankly I could probably buy that, the Osborn hair is so weird that if any character has it I'll just assume they're related to the Osborns.
>>
Classic examples of why not all artists should be writers and vice versa.
>>
>>82924995
Bynre is actually a good writer, just too much of a fanboy

His Fantastic Four, Superman, and She-Hulk stuff is all great. Alpha Flight is pretty enjoyable, never read West Cost Avengers
>>
>>82925152
>post crisis superman
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82925336
Get fucked, faggot. It was great.
>>
>>82925402
Only the origin arc was good.
>>
>>82925443
Nope.
>>
Just another guy who was not talented enough to be a painter.

Moving on.
>>
>>82925924
Most painters couldn't make a half decent comic
>>
>Actually, my self insert fucked the heroine when she was very young. There, i fixed it.
>>
>>82926048
u wot?
>>
>>82925952
Because it's a dead art which falls between completely visual art and written art, and hence fails in every regard.
>>
>>82925152
>Superman
It's literally a daboy pet project. Disregard to pre crisis lore is astounding and really infuriating.
>>
>>82925856
He had a bad habit of pitting Superman against villains with zero ability to stand up to Superman.
>>
>>82926365
*fanboy
>>
>>82926352
>It's a someone being a snob about funnybooks post.
>>
File: Skyhook.jpg (198 KB, 592x935) Image search: [Google]
Skyhook.jpg
198 KB, 592x935
>>82926419
Are you talking shit about Skyhook?
But for real, though, I really appreciate how consistent the characterization was and how the plotlines played the long game in Post-Crisis Supes.
>>
>>82926510
>he replied with a greentext

Thank you for clearing your intellectual endowment

PROTIP: You are not very intelligent.
>>
I was having so much trouble coping with Osborn and Sandman having the same hair. Thanks for helping with that John. I feel so much better.
>>
>>82926619
It's ok, anon, I bet your mom thinks you're really smart.
>>
>>82925402
I actually liked the stories but didn't like how he changed Superman (though who knows how much was his idea or DCs)
>>
File: Batman_401.jpg (73 KB, 400x619) Image search: [Google]
Batman_401.jpg
73 KB, 400x619
>>82926566
that looks metal af, personal faveof mine is this chica tho
>>
>it's a "marvel fan writes for superman" comic

Stop putting darkseid into everything !!! Just because he was in a Jimmy Olsen comic doesn't mean he's important to superman mythos.
>>
>>82926699
lol

txs senpai

kys
>>
>>82926658
I always figured it was "Joseph Cotten" hair.
At less that's what I assumed ditko was goinng for

Then again "superman's spit curl" was just how an actors hair looked like after they would have a fight and his hair was messed up because they always wore brill creme back then
>>
>>82926419
I liked silver banshee though kind of useless outside her first appearances
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.