[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are fetishes in webcomics so common because they don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_9612-ElGriffish1492986964.png (148 KB, 620x329) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9612-ElGriffish1492986964.png
148 KB, 620x329
Are fetishes in webcomics so common because they don't have to have mass market appeal? Can they still have interesting worldbuilding, or be entertaining to some degree, even just to marvel at how many kinks are packed in?
>>
File: Under.jpg (57 KB, 660x820) Image search: [Google]
Under.jpg
57 KB, 660x820
>>82921784
They are common, because it seems that art type people have a lot of tendency to have fetishes.

This is weird as hell, but A LOT of people who work on the industry has fetishes or at least are huge peverts.

Hell, half the reason for me to learn hwow to draw awas for drawing my kinks.

The other thing is that it always has high demands, low standarts and it is REALLY easy to get public and readers, because they are alway search9ing for NEW content. They will notice you. Here, I will use myself as an example again:

I started drawing my fetishes two years ago and now I ´retty much have already talkd with all the "famous" western artists of this, and being aproached by boopk writters and game develpers to work for them. And the thing is: I am still a mediocre artist.

Its obvious that you can still have interesting worldbuilding, or be entertaining for people who dont share your kinks. There are a lot of ways to do that. The main thing would be to not make the fetish he CENTER of your story. If you want to ge the normies you had to be sutle or at least just entertaining.
>>
>>82921968
You know, after that speech all I can think of is what does inkerton and the other drawfags thinks about the drawings they do for 4chan being posted on a site that marks it for profit and then reposted with the site's mark in place on 4chan again.
>>
>>82922159
Wait really?Shit man, got it on google right now. Do they removed the signature?
>>
>>82922204
don't remember, I think it should be right where the ifunny logo is if it's the case, drawfags here have a tendency to put their signature on the lower left but I really don't remember if inkerton signs his stuff.
>>
>>82922255
I meant lower right, either way they leave it at the bottom most of the time.
>>
>>82921784
There are plenty of Webcomics that have good story, art and world building, Gunnerkrigg being the most obvious of these. But the number of fetish, soapbox, and just plain pointless comics far out numbers the good ones. Like El Goonish Shive which is a pretty good example of an artist with no writing ability who spends to much time subverting tropes and explaining things that all story is lost.
>>
Fetishes have always been a part of comics in general, anon. Ever read up on William Marston? Sometimes a person's sexual proclivities influence other aspects of their personality and beliefs, and thus often find their way into their creative endeavors whether they realize it or not.

The age of the webcomic has only made this phenomenon more common, thanks to the Internet catering to progressively weirder kinks and any schmuck being able to self-publish a comic.
>>
>>82921784
El Griffish, eh? That's the name, right?
>>
No fetishes are not that common in webcomics. EGS is not a decent representation of webcomics in terms of fetishes.
>>
>>82921784
I want to like EGS, I really do. It's just a dumb TG/TF fetish excuse comic that grew some artistic talent over time. It's never been or going to be a great piece of world building, but it was entertaining for a minute at a time, and updated quite regularly. The thing that kills it for me is that Shive seems to slowly be drinking the socjus kool-aid lately. It's not some Ishida level meltdown 180, but it's little things creeping in removing the entertainment value.
>>
File: 1445606783040.jpg (97 KB, 640x932) Image search: [Google]
1445606783040.jpg
97 KB, 640x932
>>82921784
When haven't fetishes been common in comics? Wonder Woman was purely intended to get girls into bondage, after all. And it takes but one look into French comics to know that artists are being influenced by what they like, sexually.

Sex is just important to people. And it will always be reflected in entertainment. Here, look at this statuette, it's very old, and very expensive. Doesn't it look like something that tics off at least two "modern" fetishes?
>>
>>82922549
Its usually just two or three pages with it now and them. At least he is still fine and better than ever with smut and lewd depictions of women.
>>
so can anyone recomend any good TF?
>>
>>82923028
for cartoons, try shadowlord inc
>>
File: 1463452175550.jpg (658 KB, 1560x1059) Image search: [Google]
1463452175550.jpg
658 KB, 1560x1059
>>82923028
You made the thread JUST for it right?
>>
>>82923028
I'd rather just recommended a good webcomic that contains TF. Read Endtown
>>
>>82921784
It's because they're generally self-published creator's babies and they can do whatever the fuck they want with them without an editor asking what the fuck is wrong with them.

tl;dr sexualization is purely subjective and it's really just you projecting your own shit onto the comic that you're reading.
>>
>>82922549
Yeah, it started out ok, then eventually got kinda good, but the last few years it's been stuck on a soapbox
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.