[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: page_5.jpg (776 KB, 2559x3934) Image search: [Google]
page_5.jpg
776 KB, 2559x3934
What the actual FUCK, Bendis?

It's harder being fat than black? Ganke(NOT-BENDIS) is a fucking bitch.
>>
File: page_6.jpg (1 MB, 2559x3934) Image search: [Google]
page_6.jpg
1 MB, 2559x3934
>>82920822
What a cunt.
>>
>>82920822
yeah it's harder being fat than black.

blacks males are literally considered like the aryans of the XXI century by massmedias now.
>>
>>82920822
>>82920835
Eat less fatty foods you tubby bastard. Go for a light jog once a day.

Boom. Done. Not fat any more.
>>
>>82920822
Given that he outed Miles's identity to Goldballs to get closer, I think Bendis wants us to hate Ganke.
>>
>>82921001
Yeah what a total cunt move. Total selfishness and completely out of left field. Ganke has been a bro since the beginning where did this even come from?
>>
>>82920822
Is there anything more disgusting than fat people with a victim complex?

>It's better to be skinny and black in America than Chubby and Asian in America

Then stop eating your garbage food and work out every once in a while!
>>
>>82920822
That's because Ganke is a latchkey kid who focuses too much on his weight and associates his self-esteem to it.

This is in in-character for him to do, it dosen't necessarily represent Bendis's views.

btw Miles is a 100% right here, you can lose weight and the people that focus too much on ragging on fat people will stop; you can't change your race and people who focus on race too much will still rag on you and do racist shit.

For example: as a white guy I can't make statements on race or call out a coloured person saying that I owe them something because of my skin colour without a mob of angry people demanding that my employers sack me.
>>
>>82920822
>Duane Rede bullshit
>implying that same security guard wouldn't be on alert if a white trash redneck also walked in

>an old lady avoided me
She probably checked out the crime stats for blacks that day and decided better safe than sorry. And you being 9 doesn't matter, asshole. Plenty of 9 year old jiggs are in gangs that have done violent shit. Blame your own people for being so fucking terrifying what with all the crime they commit.
>>
File: 1463577585981.jpg (15 KB, 323x480) Image search: [Google]
1463577585981.jpg
15 KB, 323x480
We had this thread yesterday and it was as shitty as you would expect.
>>
>>82921123
Miles is young and insecure; teenagers are paranoid about their self-image.
>>
>>82921123
>Blame your own people
Now you're getting all tribalistic here Anon.

You're still right though, Black people as a whole are more likely to commit crimes because they're still picking themselves up from an impoverished time in America that held them down.
If you're poor you're more likely to commit a crime, that's basic sociology.
>>
>>82921123
i like how your two arguments is opposite of eachother

one is saying that it didn't have nothing to do with race and the other is 100% race related

why didn't you say she would do the same with a redneck
or why didn't you say that the security guard looked at teh static that day.

also your argument just proves that miles is right with the argument he brought up.
>>
Did they get around to doing anything with that girl with the web show? Miles being annoyed with labeling is perfectly reasonable and not what I'd expect from Marvel currently.
>>
>>82920963
But what if you're both fat and Black? Do they cancel each other out?
>>
>>82920994
I wish it worked that way, for me I have to eat a better diet than just east less and do a 4 mile run sat mornings and sun mornings.
>>
I don't want a Spider-man who talks about the progressive stack. I want fun. This issuse was a great big nothing. They argue over identity and then Miles gets knocked out.
>>
>>82921207
>Black people as a whole are more likely to commit crimes because they're still picking themselves up from an impoverished time in America that held them down.
False. The crime rate among blacks was much lower post-slavery/pre-civil rights movement. Poverty has nothing to do with blacks and their high rate of crime. Hispanics don't even commit crime that high despite having a similar rate of poverty.

>>82921235
>i like how your two arguments is opposite of eachother
Except they weren't. The first argument was about a security guard's natural perception of customers walking into his high-end store. To him a white trash redneck would be just as likely to steal as a black youth.

>why didn't you say she would do the same with a redneck
Because the old lady isn't a security guard and I doubt her personal perception would be as skewed towards rednecks like it would be towards a black youth. But that depends entirely on how much of a criminal he looked like, and in that instance then race really wouldn't matter because we all have biases about the way people dress.

So no, my argument still stands. The security guard would be wary of him because black youths do steal at a higher rate than every other youth group. And the old lady would be smart in avoiding a black youth on the sidewalk because of the higher rate of crime they commit than every other group.

I agree with Miles though that yes, he should be able to go into that sore and not have a guard get paranoid and he should be able to walk down the street without old ladies avoiding him. But that has everything to do with the behavior of blacks in general and it's simply smart business to never relax around blacks.
>>
to be honest this is a pretty realistic argument to have between friends. I only wish he didn't fucking tell goldball his identiy fucking shit.

and also not have the whole issue be about this^
>>
File: image.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371 KB, 1000x1537
>>82921240
This is the same reason why I love these 3 pages.

1/3
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1000x1537
>>82921403
>>
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 1000x1537
>>82921411
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 560x415
>>82921425
Meanwhile irl
>>
>>82921385
They were still poor mate and the lower crime rate could do with the fact that if they broke the law they would be tortured or killed.

I'm talking about their crime rates when they weren't slaves, where they would be even more poor since now they had to shelter and feed themselves.
>>
>>82921403
>>82921411
>>82921425
Heh. I hope this nonsense ends soon, I'm getting sick of it. I really could care less for identity politics.
>>
>>82921385
btw thanks for keeping a cool head, it's fun to talk about this stuff.
>>
>>82921463
That picture is always so sad.
But then I remember it had a happy ending so it's okay.
>>
File: 1461819027152.jpg (13 KB, 230x164) Image search: [Google]
1461819027152.jpg
13 KB, 230x164
>being fat is harder
BEING A SKELLINGTON WHO CAN'T BE A LANDWHALE DESPITE EATING EVERY FUCKING THING IS WORSE
t.skellington who can't get fat
>>
>>82920822
>>82920835
Why does he keep saying chubby, anyway? He's not chubby, he's fucking huge.
>>
>>82921535
>They were still poor mate and the lower crime rate could do with the fact that if they broke the law they would be tortured or killed.
Poverty does play a role in crime, but for blacks it's much, MUCH more about the culture of crime they have cultivated over the years. And yes, oppression most definitely played a role in that. But blaming poverty alone is nonsense by this point. Poor hispanics, poor whites, and poor asians don't commit crime at the levels poor blacks do, even if they are a lot more poor.

Also the lower crime rate for blacks pre-civil rights movement had nothing to do with police brutality and everything to do with the black community being a hell of a lot more stable. The out-of-wedlock births were much lower, drug use was lower, divorce rate was lower. The black families were simply more stable and stable familes = less crime regardless of poverty.
>>
>>82921588
context?
>>
>>82921385
The group that steals the most is young white girl, no one really makes a fuss because it's looked at as kids being kids, black kids are supposed to know right from wrong no matter the age.
>>
>>82920822
>What the actual FUCK, Bendis?
Two kids can't talk about their body?
>>
File: 1462722477221.jpg (47 KB, 398x356) Image search: [Google]
1462722477221.jpg
47 KB, 398x356
>500lbs is now considered chubby
>>
>>82921683
Eat fat people to gain their power
>>
>>82921747
I completely agree, it was silly of me to blame it on poverty alone.

Within African-American culture there is this cancerous sentiment that being educated and wealthy is a white thing, it's why Donald Glover got called an Oreo during high school.
>>
>>82921747
>drug use was lower
Because drugs weren't a thing back then
>>
>>82920835
>Because I want to go meet him and YOU'RE not--
FUCK off Ganke.

This is like some asshole thinking he owns you because he's your only friend, so suddenly he asks you to help him meet a rapper or actor or whatever who's one of "your people" just because they're both fat--OR else. Then instead of just introducing himself when the chance comes his way and doing his own thing he starts spilling personal shit about you, again like it all really belongs to him.
Miles isn't a pet super baboon sitting around waiting to do tricks so people can strike up conversation. What a fucking piece of complete shit.

I know Bendis just wanted to find an excuse to get his characters to bump into each other but this is the most insulting way imaginable. If Fabio doesn't smash Ganke's face in with a gold ball after learning what he really just did he can go fuck off too.
>>
>>82921998
>If Fabio doesn't smash Ganke's face in with a gold ball after learning what he really just did he can go fuck off too.
He diden't, instead he was asking if Ganke and Miles are a couple.
>>
>>82921123
>She probably checked out the crime stats for blacks that day

>>82921385
>Because the old lady isn't a security guard and I doubt her personal perception would be as skewed towards rednecks like it would be towards a black youth.

but shouldn't she be focused on crime stats. why would she avoid young blacks only then.

i'm having a hard time figuring out why you try to bring up context to two characters that we know littrealy nothing about especially when you agree with miles
>>
>>82921998
this is weirdly realistic to be honest. Ganke have been there everytime and he's alone on knowing his secret and we have never ever seen miles do anything for him (even though it's clear that he cares about ganke) him wanting something back, or demanding something back isn't that unrealstic.

only problem is that it's one issue every month and we will probably have to wait 4 months to see if bendis will make something good out of this situation.
>>
>>82921831
Coke was a thing since the late 19th Century at least.
>>
>>82921385
>The crime rate among blacks was much lower post-slavery/pre-civil rights movement
You know, around the time when most manufacturing jobs went to hell and we became an information economy? Where do you think white trash came from?
>>
>>82921831
Crack wasn't. That was the Eighties.
>>
>>82921683
Jealous.
>>
>>82921797
underrated.
>>
This makes me worried that Bendis is going to ruin Lana as well, somehow.
>>
> It's hard being a fat guy in America

Fucking what? America loves fat guys. We have fat guy comedians, politicians, actors. There's good fat guys, bad fat guys, all of that. Fat dudes have it made in popular culture.
>>
>>82921207
>niggers are only criminals because they're poor
Why don't you donate your next paycheck to the hood then?
>>
>>82921683
I hear ya. My body eats fat and muscle faster than I can actually put it on with a big diet and daily exercise. Despite my weightlifting and ability to eat a whole box of spaghetti and a full jar of sauce in one sitting, I've never gotten above 145lbs as a 5'11 male. I just stay on the thin and unimpressive end of otter mode.
>>
>>82921322
I mean a good nutritional diet and regular exercise is what does it for most people. The idea that you just have to eat less is a misconception.
>>
>>82921115
Has any black person literally told you that you owe then something? Or are you just twisting their words?
>>
>>82926990
He owes me $20 from last week. Bastard cheats at cards
>>
>>82926990
>Has any black person literally told you that you owe then something?
Reparations for slavery :^)
>>
>>82920822
Isn't Ganke Asian or something?
>>
>>82920822
I weigh over 350lbs, and every day I thank the powers that be that I'm not a nigger. No, fat people don't have it worse than black people, and comics need to stop pushing tumblr agendas.
>>
You guys realize you're not supposed to agree with Ganke right? This is going to end with a "self image issues are acceptable but you shouldn't undercut your own white privilege" message
>>
>>82927342
That's stupid, shouldn't the message of this arc be Miles' thing from the first issue where labeling leads to stupid arguments and you should accept people as people?
>>
>>82927342
>White privilege.
Wait are you unaware Ganke is asian or are you one of those guys who are of the opinion that Asians benefit from white privilege because otherwise you'd have to find a different word to explain the success of other nonwhite ethnicity in the "white supremacy" of America?
>>
>>82927342
>being asian is white
Top kek
>>
>>82927342
>being asian is white
Is that why I have to say I'm Caucasian instead of white when I apply for a job?
>>
Ganke's going to get Gwen'd sometime soon. Given Bendis' pacing "soon" will probably be two or three years, but still.
>>
>>82928317
This is 616, he doesn't know Gwen and she's been dead for years.
>>
>>82928333
Does Gwen even count as being dead at this point?
>>
>>82920822
>>82920835
So glad I speed read this shit nowadays, completely glossed over this garbage.

Used to be I read marvel cause their heroes seemed more human, and their personal lives actually made them more respectable heroes, Peter Parker was just as important as Spider-man and so on...now I want that shit to go away and have their costumes sewn onto their damn bodies.
>>
>>82928333
What I mean is hell be killed off to serve as a Gwen for Miles.
>>
>>82928415
Yes, why wouldn't she? The clone from the Clone Saga is long gone and Spider-Gwen doesn't count as 616, that's like saying Gwen was alive because other universes had their own running around
>>
>>82928064
wait..where do you live? is that actually something you do in your country?

what's the reason for it being something you have to write down that seems crazy.
>>
>>82929979
It happens in America and it's even more of a bitch when you're mixed.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.