[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
"Elemental" airing tomorrow - Thursday, May 19th at 7:45/6:45c
preview clip:
https://youtu.be/jlsS74l9VxY

Who the flip is that in the ice section?
>>
>>82879864
is going to have something to do with the 4 elements from that Gunter episode?
>>
>>82879864
It's cool that they're going into the four elements.
Episode description says that Ice King finds something buried in the Ice Kingdom, so maybe it's an old princess, or a robot or something.
>>
I just watched Billy's Bucket List for the first time, holy shit that was a good episode. Touching, meaningful, awesome, and even pretty trippy at the end. Cool art/scenery too
>>
>>82879864
That ice person ain't Ice King, I'm intrigued
>>
I like how the candy section has multiple textures
>>
This fits with what we saw in Evergreen. I was hoping for the mystery character to be Slimy D, but I guess IK was never the ice elemental?
>>
>>82884703
It would make sense, as IK isn't really an "elemental" per se, being born human and all. SP is made of slime, PB is made of candy and FP is made of fire I guess.

Also, anyone else hyped that we get a new FP episode so soon? She's not going to be the main focus, of course, but it's still nice to see that more people on the team outside of Xylophone even know she exist.
>>
>>82884703

To me the mystery character looks awfully like The Empress from Stakes mini-series but wearing those shades to conceal her hypnotic glare for the right moment.

She will never make another appearance though.
>>
File: nhxWDC0osz.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nhxWDC0osz.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
Empress?
>>
>>82886498
She does remind me of the Empress

Although the Empress is a vampire, and also dead
>>
>>82886521

Isn't her essence basically trapped inside Marcy though? There is a chance that she could wrestle for control of the vessel.
>>
>>82887350
Well, yeah, I guess, but that would be an extremely strange path to go, even by AT standards.
>>
>>82886498
looks like steve wolfhard's concept art for empress
>>
>>82887420

I mean we had Gunther reveal he is an elder god from thd far realm not too long ago. As we're rolling into the Preboot/Reboot two parter I belive anything is possible.

What do you think is going to be the deal with the season end guys? Cliff hanger? Finn's design changing as he hits 18?

One of these is garunteed.
>>
>>82887665
The Gunther biz was foreshadowed as early as season 2, though, and they had episodes with Gunther being more efficiently evil than IK before Orgalorg.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'll get a cliffhanger ending. The only seasons that didn't end with a cliffhanger were seasons 1 and 6, and with all the plots in the air at the moment, I don't think they can resolve the major ones in just two episodes and then be done with it.

It's a shame we're not getting anything like the Season 6 finale week, where we had six episodes that all were pretty connected.

Though, that being said, I heard something about Cartoon Network having some announcements tomorrow or some shit, so we might get more info on Preboot/Reboot then.
>>
>>82887906

Now that you mention it I do recall the whole deal with Abadeer being in awe with Gunther's dark soul. On a similar note what has happened with the psychic kitten?

I'm hoping Elemental leads into the end and a strings like the deal with Comet too. The announcement is cool so thanks for getting me onto that bud, here's hoping.
>>
>>82888084
What the psychic kitten is about still hasn't been revealed, lmao

But the revealed synopsis for the remaining episodes of the season haven't hinted too much to anything really cohesive, but then again, most people wouldn't necessarily group episodes with the synopsis "LSP has to babysit, but the kid goes missing" and "Gunther breaks his skull and his brains come out", so we'll just have to wait and see
>>
>>82889838
I just noticed how long that sentence was, fuck
>>
>>82887906
>>82888084
https://www.turner.com/pressroom/turner-comes-2016-17-upfront-powerful-brand-portfolio-and-bold-moves

Apparently the upfront has already been, and this is what we've got on Adventure Time:

>In addition, exciting new specials will air later this fall from the hit series Adventure Time and Regular Show.

One fucking sentence. But exciting special sounds nice, I guess!
>>
File: tumblr_nzl4l2sfKG1t0t09yo1_1280.png (245 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzl4l2sfKG1t0t09yo1_1280.png
245 KB, 1280x736
>>82886498
>>82886521
>>82887560
>>
>>82891143
That empress a cute
Good thing they went with the other design of the king, at least
>>
>>82891862
apparently to push for interesting designs they held a design contest among the boarders and designers picked the best ones
>>
>>82893837
That's p cool actually

Do you know who designed the remaining three? Because I assume that Wolfhard's Hierophant and Moon were used unless I'm blind
>>
>>82879864
Man, AT hype has died down, huh.
>>
>>82894969
I know that herpich did the king but the other two I'm not sure
>>
It's still going?
>>
Only good thread on the catalog. I want to talk about the show.

Does anyone else get reminded of Gushers from the custom fonts for each element? Now I'm hungry, and they don't sell those here anymore.
>>
>>82890465

Possible movie length special inbound maybe? I kind of want CN to get back into that trend where every original series gets something of the sort like The Foster's Home prequel.
>>
>>82900591
>>82890465
That just sounds like the finale. Both RS and AT have half hour season finales. These shows are so fucking connected I swear.

Both have seasons /co/ would agree were the pure and original form the show grew away from. Both of the good seasons ended around 4 or 5.

They both fell into a relationship rut and had their man protagonist fuck shit up and be depressed often for it.

Both had a horrible Season 6 finale everyone will point out is why they hate / dropped the show.

Both have a 7th season both sides say is growing from it's original plunge into fuckery.

Both have a movie, albeit RS was a TV one, and AT is a theatrical release

Both are building up to a big finale special, RS' is confirmed to change the course of the series and AT's hints it.

What's next? They end with the same number of seasons? I could see it.

Now I know why people say RS and AT are basically the same show but with a different formula. Little bro kind of companion, all that i mentioned before.. amazing.
>>
>>82901177
It's not the finale. There's one more season for AT and RS.
>>
>>82901177
also
>both have a 2nd batch of shorts in 2016 even though none of the other CN shows that had shorts last year do
>>
>>82901558
SEASON finale I mean.

>>82902217
Yea and they were done together, partnered together, and were a part of the short lived recent Adventure Show Saturday block for new shorts/episodes
>>
>>82901177
It's astounding
>>
>>82879864
Best title card of the season, that's more effort than a lot.
>>
>>82903260
nah the one with marcy shedding a tear was golden feels material
>>
>>82905380
what was that
>>
>>82886498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzUW01CS0
>>
I'm STILL pissed that song from the previews of the season 6 opener wasn't used.
>>
>>82901177
People dropped out of AT because of a lack of advertising. RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5. Finn wasn't even depressed about the breakup. We didn't even spend a lot of time on it. RS is still dealing with CJ and Margaret crap for years. What are you even talking about?
>same show different formula
I'm starting to wonder if you even seen any of the shows.
>both has had a duo that are close
>same show
You have got to be kidding.
>>
>>82909273
What song was that?
>>
>>82909419
Uh.... the one about the father and the son, cats in the craddle or something
>>
>>82901177
They have similar episode count, because AT was out on hiatus and RS aired a few months after AT. They air an episode a week. They're also the major shows the redeemed CN from their dark ages, which is why they're treated differently. They are one of the few CN shows to pass 200 episodes.
>>
>>82909452
Links?
>>
>>82909370
>RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5
No? RS is unsure for a 9th season, they were both renewed through Season 7 and 8 when AT was, it's all the same, they go as they come.

>RS is still dealing with CJ and Margaret crap for years
nope, around the time AT stopped RS started to stop
Of course I've seen both? Are you just trying to be a fucking dick?

>both has a duo that are close
>same show
I'm just pointing out similarites, from something like "wow" to "ok" I'm not saying that one thing is a basis they they ARE. They do have different formulas, something in RS happens, supernatural effect, fixed. In AT, it's adventuring, RS doesn't usually adventure, they stay in the same setting extremely often. - Different formulas

If you think I mean't they're the same show anyway, you need to understand clarity and reading knowledge more. Don't try to insult or call me out when I'm just listing a bunch of interesting similarities.

>>82909502
Yea that too

>>82909573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKOgbKZI6Kw
>>
>>82909625
Episode count in the season, learn to read. There is no order in episode count in seasons for AT. These similarities aren't limited to only AT and RS, which makes them mean less. There isn't a coincidence, and I call you out because you compare Regular Shit to AT.
>>
>>82909750
You never said episode count, you said
>RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5
which can easily be taken as either, clarify before you shit on someone for not understanding.

Oh, it makes sense now, you're pissed because I compared a show you like to a show you hate. How is this not butthurt again? I never said they're the same show, just a bunch of things they have in common on the same network as the shows CN is running the longest. It's a fair comparison, I'm not saying they're both as good as the other? Calm the fuck down man.
>>
>>82909625
Cat in the Cradle, or whatever the fuck is normie music, AT usually doesn't play the exact song, but sometimes does parodies. Not like RS. I wouldn't have expected for the song to actually be used in an episode.
>>
>>82909839
Same can be said to you about clarifying nigger. I said AT has no specific order, you should have assumed I meant episodes. RS always has 26. Fuck off RS fag.
>>
>>82909839
You said RS and AT are the same show but different formula. How does that make sense? This is why I questioned you. You little comparisons lose significance when you realise that it can be applied to other irrelavent shows to CN. That was my point. I'm befuddled as to how you can even compare the two, they are so different. Jake is like Finn's older brother, less of a best friend, he over Finn. Rigby and Mordecai do not have this relationshil, they are best friends. They weren't raised together. Finn's relationships are hardly mentioned. The Frost and Fire arc and Breezy are the only relationship episodes concerning this.
>>
>>82910149
I never said they are "the same show" I just said they're connected in a lot of ways. I also said "Now I know why people say RS and AT are basically the same show" never that I had that argument. People on here and on the internet say they're pretty much the same, or at least that used to be EXTREMELY common here on /co/ to say the least, CN puts them together (or did) all the fucking time like it was a package deal, they're apparently the biggest shows on the channel aside from say SU but that's a given, even though I don't all care for it. That said before SU aired or gained that quick following, CN had both shows take over.

I like both show, not saying one is better than the other, AT also has more variety, I will say that, I'm in no way shilling for the show or saying you should like it. I'm specifically point out a lot of similarities and passing time doing so. Never in the world do I see that as the "same show" deal, but that was a common acknowledgement. I might choose a different word choice if I could, but I'm not sure how else to say it. CN's biggest focus is on them (even of SU in an odd way since they don't usually get more views then that) up until TTG aired (now they hardly show reruns)

I don't want anyone to be pissed at me or make accusations, so I wanted to clarify. You can fuck me over in replies all you want, I don't mean any shitstorms.
>>
>>82910326
dude no one cares about rs stop trying to get us to come to your measly episode threads and garnering attention for it, it's not working
>>
File: 47431882_p0_master1200.jpg (753 KB, 1063x1170) Image search: [Google]
47431882_p0_master1200.jpg
753 KB, 1063x1170
>>82879998
>Candy and Slime are elements
The denizens of Ooo are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>82910449
PB's are better
>>
>>82909370
> RS seasons are all ordered
thanks to later posts I know you mean episode count but:
Season 6 of Regular Show is only (counting half hour specials as 2 episodes) 31 episodes, an episode worth of shorts, and a movie long (and presumably season 7's gonna be 39 episodes and an episode worth of shorts, just like AT season 7)
Plus there's a method to AT's episode length madenss (season 5 was doubled during production, season 6 being 44 episodes counting shorts as an episode rounds the number of episodes to 200, and season 7 is the same length as a season of regular show)
>>
File: damnit jake.jpg (381 KB, 1063x1170) Image search: [Google]
damnit jake.jpg
381 KB, 1063x1170
>>82910485
PB's what?
>>
>>82910627
THERES AN UNCENSORED VERSION YOU GUYS

JAKE IS A KIDDER
>>
>>82910395
I honestly though Exit 9B was the finale for a long while. I remember liking it enough but after a little while of not seeing any news, I figured that was it. It was a really good idea for a finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SacFAT_UaDE and it was cool, the promo kinda fucks over with the "never be the same" motto so many networks push into some special event of a cartoon

i've yet to see anything beyond exit 9b
>>
>>82910627
I feel art like this is irrelavent now. PB and Marceline, now THAT is something. Finn can have Phoebe.
>>
File: hey mordecai.png (127 KB, 906x431) Image search: [Google]
hey mordecai.png
127 KB, 906x431
>>82911031
Personally the only thing that matters to me after that point is the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6vwAOUDek

first drafts had Rigby saying go to hell, since they thought they could get one cuss in there like a lot of family movies do with "Hell" in it. Would've been pretty cool. Aside from a few points people will tell you sucked, it was pretty nice.

Not to get off topic, so I'll say something about this upcoming episode as well. Does anyone actually expect a big plot point to be introduced yet again this time or something at least for the finale? Seems like a lot of episodes have been adding more questions and stories for later.
>>
>>82911031
I looked at the episode list and I haven't seen the show in 3 years. Why the fuck are there still Margaret and CJ episodes?
>>
>>82911410
Go make your own thread to talk about RS. We're not a refugee camp.
>>
>>82910548
>just like AT
No anon, our seasons go to 40-50 episodes. Go fuck off with Regular Show: It's pretty regular now, we dont care.
>>
>>82911476
CJ was written out after some time, there's a few episodes where she's in it but it's not relationship, like Portable Toilet or some others. Just Friends completely ended Mordecai's lover shit with the whole "Awkwardness" thing getting so out of hand they feel like the universe is fucking them over every time they see each other. They call it friends and that ends any lingering worry, like another fresh start.

CJ is supposed to be in the eighth upcoming season because she's connected to something else going on later or whatever, haven't read much about it though.

Margaret's episodes are pretty good this season. There's one that developed her news career as well.

>>82911523
Just responding to a guy talking about it. When did AT threads ban discussions of other shows? More straight, RS? I'm just talking to another guy about it.
>>
>>82911596
>>>/out/
I don't care. Talk about AT. I saw another anon mention the elements first being seen in "Evergreen."
>>
>>82911123
>Not wanting a threesome
Shit taste anon
>>
>>82912054
Threesome? How lewd.
>>
>>82912054
>Not wanting a foursome with Phoebe
Even shittier taste anon
>>
why not have a everyone-some with every female on the show

or all the way with all the guys included
>>
Press Schedules list this episode as Season 8 Episode 8.
>>
File: tumblr_nxgbb9v6L01tneq7do2_1280.png (313 KB, 1008x872) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxgbb9v6L01tneq7do2_1280.png
313 KB, 1008x872
>>82913983
I was meaning to comment on stuff like that.
On https://kat.cr/community/show/cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/, where a guy posts stuff from CN's server, I saw some random, later episodes are marked as Season 8.
Did CN do that thing that I heard they did with Steven Universe, and split Season 7 into being both Season 7 and Season 8?
>>
>>82913215
I like the way you're thinking anon.
>>
File: lets all go meat dominator.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lets all go meat dominator.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
die bitch die
>>
>>82915105
good she was horribly rapping in that recent episode, she doesn't deserve to go on in the series
>>
>>82915105
Where did you find this?
>>
>>82900418
Sounds like a non Adventure Time problem to me anon.
>>
>>82915105
HAHA YES
>>
>>82916757
for now.
>>
File: 14635725066799.jpg (5 KB, 208x196) Image search: [Google]
14635725066799.jpg
5 KB, 208x196
>>82886498
is that bean?
>>
>>82916757
>>82915515
>Phoebe makes up with Finn
>odds of Finn getting back with Bonnibel start to decrease
Literally the reason why you guys shat on "Bun Bun." It wasn't her rapping, it was the fact you are upset with Fubblegum being less likely to happen. I know it wasn't her rapping; it's freestyle and not meant to be well thought out and creative. Do you faggots know nothing?
>Phoebe being tortured by Ice King
>hurr durr serves her right for making up with Finn
Literally autism.
>>
>>82916928
dude what the fuck, just because i hate FP doesn't mean i'm a bubblegum/finn shipper. come the fuck on, going to this as soon as someone says something about FP negatively after the last episode and it meaning that is autistic, stop sperging.

>hurr durr serves her right for making up with finn
never said that, i was just being a dick because i don't like her at all, stop being so desperate about this shit anon
>>
File: 1453663043690.gif (469 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1453663043690.gif
469 KB, 300x225
>>82913215
Because all the guys besides Finn are unattractive as fuck. There's a reason Ice King said he's the "Hottest guy in Ooo."

>>82912719
>>82912054
>>82912629
>>82911123
>Not wanting a 8some with Huntress Wizard and the Water Nymphs
All shit taste m8s
>>
>>82914239
That would imply that there would be about 80 episodes in season 7, I think season 8's just season 8
>>
>>82911410
it looks like he's holding a damn phone
>"Hey Mordecai..."
>"ITS FOR YOU"
>>
>>82917065
Why do you hate Phoebe?
>>
Soooooooo, in how many seasons will we see HW again?
>>
>>82917652
>80 episodes in season 7
no?
>>
>>82918822
Oh fuck I understood the question wrong, my bad
>>
>>82918906
what did you think it said? i'm extremely confused in this thread myself
>>
>>82918312
Considering she would have never get her chance if it wasn't for Jmoyns (and he's not working on the show anymore), then I think not.

Which is fine by me. Better focus on main characters and overall stories rather than add or expand minor characters to the point of losing focus.
>>
>>82919231
I thought you meant what was produced as Season 7 was split into Season 7 and 8 for broadcasting
>>
>>82919755
Oh no I wasn't the guy who said that, and I'm not sure if that's what they meant either honestly.
>>
>Ice king manages to nab both bonnie and phoebe in one episode.
Simon would be lucky to get away with just a black eye after finn is done with him
>>
>>82920032
>Simon
You just said why Finn WOULDN'T hurt him.
>>
>>82920032
I thought Finn stopped beating up IceKing because of Marceline's history with him? That's like him beating up her senile adoptive father.
>>
>>82920194
mostly
>>
>boarded by kent osborne himself
This guy always make weird episodes lately
>>
>>82920935
>Kent Osborne's spongebob episodes
Sll of the episodes he boarded were co-boarded by Paul Tibbit, and it's possible that he co-wrote the outlines of episodes he boarded that have a different outline writer

>Outline by Merriwether Williams
Idiot Box
Snowball Effect
No Weenies Allowed
The Great Snail Race (though Williams is only credited on the DVD. TV airings credit Joe Liss)
Born Again Krabs
Missing Identity
The Sponge Who Could Fly
Pranks A Lot

>Outline by Mark O'Hare
Krab Borg
Party Pooper Pants
New Student Starfish
Krabby Land

>Outline by himself
My Pretty Seahorse
Ugh

>Episodes he outlined but didn't board
One Krab's Trash (boarded by Paul Tibbit and Kaz, Outline co-written with Mark O'Hare)
Krusty Krab Training Video (boarded by Aaron Springer and CH Greenblatt)
Chocolate with Nuts (boarded by Paul Tibbitt and Kaz. Outline co-written with Merriwether Williams)
Spongebob Meets the Strangler (boarded by Paul Tibbitt, Kaz, and CH Greenblatt. Outline Co-written with Merriwether Williams)

He was also a presence in the writing room (getting the written by credit that shows up during the post-episode credits) throughout all of season 3 along with early season 4 (the episodes that premiered in May of 05 along with Where's Gary)
>>
File: 1459607026831.jpg (15 KB, 281x246) Image search: [Google]
1459607026831.jpg
15 KB, 281x246
>>82923404
uuh, thanks?
>>
>>82927523
hahaha people have to bump AT threads now
how the mighty have fallen
>>
WE MUST RESERVE THIS THREAD FOR TE TALKBACK
>>
File: 1453421856810.jpg (64 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1453421856810.jpg
64 KB, 500x667
>>82913983
>>82914239
No, Elemental is part of the season 7 order.
>>
File: uXEsr9WjLyMzNk_O.webm (576 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
uXEsr9WjLyMzNk_O.webm
576 KB, 720x1280
testing out webm now that i'm learning to encode with ffmpeg

here, have this
>>
>>82929621
Where is this from?
>>
>>82930393
Kent Osborne's twitter
>>
>>82909273
>>82909419
>>82909452

Ugly Kid Joe- Cats in the Cradle 1992

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU
>>
Good, this can be our talkback tonight yea?
>>
>>82934936
yep, 30 till showtime
>>
>>82934936
stream?
>>
Anybody got some links on today's episode?
I got to wait like 4 hours from now.
>>
>>82880626
probably the last good episode of the show
>>
regular show looks weird, AT's episode looks weird from it's preview pics, tonight's weird
>>
http://www.streamgaroo.com/live-television/united-states/cartoon-network-live-stream

yw
>>
jesus kid, that's the weirdest dream you ever had? jake took you to your friend's house? kids these days really DO have no imagination.
why is it kids now are just like our parents worried we would be? is it our parents' fault?
>>
>>82936726
That kid looked like a teen, I'm sure it was just a jokeful thing sent in for the network to put up. We as adults aren't supposed to care or look into it anyway.

Like, even at 2 years old you have worse dreams than that.
>>
IT'S TIME
>>
>oops, i forgot i live alone
starchy, never change
>>
>Golden Shovel Award
TRIPLE H WOULD BE PROUD
>>
WHAT?! NO MORE WIRED HANGERS?!?!?!?! UNACCEPTABLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!
>>
>>82879864
Just noticed there's a girl in the ice section.
Ice Princess?
>>
what the FUCK is going on with jake? did he take, like, every drug? is that what Charlie is into? we havent seen anything of her yet
>>
>King of OOO is in charge
>Hey, get me some mushrooms
>PB is in charge
>Hey, get me some hangers
Poetry.
>>
>We need to find hangers

Are they really outta episode ideas?
>>
New storyboard artist?

Blegh
>>
SEXY FINALLY SAID AGAIN

NO ONE KEEPS TIME LIKE THAT
>>
>What year is this?
God damnit
>>
>PYM
>>
>beautiful Ice King
Ice Elemental.
Neat.
>>
>Patience St. Pym
I don't know whether to hate her already or what.
>>
Wow, I already hate this new character.
>>
>hairection
>>
Why does she look just like that female uber vampire?
>>
When IK started naming the princess finn and jake instantly turned around, no frames
>>
>>82937061
Thought that as well
>>
>Finn and Jake get owned again
Jesus fuck and these people are the hero of Ooo?
>>
FP going down like a chump
>>
New breed of steelth
>>
whoa she can delete ice toooo
>>
Ice King is only OP when they want him to be, apparently.
>>
>>82937126
plot armor
>>
i fucking love her personality
>>
>>82937126
Well he is crazy
>>
>slime princess is now relevant
>>
>This Avatar ripoff

:^)
>>
>Four elements: Fire, ice, candy and slime
Sounds fishy but I'll believe it.
>>
How is PB gonna ruin this?
>>
so they're just throwing this show completely off the rails now, eh?
>>
AHhh iroh, it's iroh
>>
>fire, ice, candy, slime

thats bullshit but I believe it
>>
holy goddamn hell PB is magic all this time. that explains how she can just fucking create life, like ice king can make snowmen. she acted like it was science, but it made no sense at all

also holy shit that is dangerously close to an outfit i drew FP in once, just with a longer skirt
>>
Well, this is sort of unfair.
>>
So why can't PB shoot candy?
>>
>Phoebe as tall as PB
>Finn still small
Wehlp
>>
>i'm gonna start some crazy biz
>in another episode. maybe a year from now, whatever. fuck you
>>
Welp, back to the fucking status quo as usual for this show.
>>
>fionna and cake filler shit next week

skippin that shit then
>>
that was dumb
id be annoyed if i still cared at all
>>
I knew PB was gonna ruin it.
>>
>PB is magic
>she fucking hates the concept of magic and turns to science for everything instead
kek
>>
File: 50588983_p0.png (3 MB, 2156x2854) Image search: [Google]
50588983_p0.png
3 MB, 2156x2854
Fionna and Cake promo.
Neat.
>>
>it's a lore episode

Nice
>>
>dat turtle prince
i fucking told you guys
no wait, i gave him white surfer dreads
>>82910449
i kinda preferred it when that was just a gag in Evergreen, as if elements just shift over time but there are always lots of them, and just some of them are more in power than others from time to time.. i mean nothing here contradicts that exactly, but..
>>
reminder: Fionna was raped by LSP too.
>>
>>82937304
>filler
>In an original series
>>
I like her already
>>
ice gal literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>82937304
Meh. I'm still watching it for Ice Queen. Bout time she returned, damnit!

Also. Ice elemental R34. GET TO IT, DRAWFAGS!!
>>
>>82936937
It's Kent Osborne, he's been a director on the show since like season 1
Don't think he's boarded that many episodes though
>>
Ice Queen was in the preview for next week!
THE EPIC EYEBROWS ARE BACK!!!
She needs some art, for reasons and stuff.
>>
File: mad star.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mad star.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>yet another episode that should've been 22 minutes long

AARGH FUCK THE 11 MIN FORMAT THIS SHOW LIVES BY!
>>
>HUMANS
>episode ends with suspense and building music
>fionna episode preview starts with intense music as well only to let everyone down it's not related and only people who care about those specific characters will want to see it
>>
Well I guess they needed to have SOMETHING for the season finale in like, 6 or so episodes.
Guess Pre and Re boot might just be storytellings of the past, and then her trying to rekindle elemental shit with everyone since there's kingdoms of magic now.
And then everybody forgets but next season Bubblegum can poop out jellies from her hands to smack finn with.
>>
>>82936937
nope, Kent Osborne, a guy since season 1 who was a staff writer from late season 2 and season 3 and has been head of story since season 4
>>
Did that ice lady get on anyone else's nerves? Like holy shit. that ass though
>>
File: 127456005012.png (88 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
127456005012.png
88 KB, 600x800
Rate the Episode
>>
>>82937334
Is it wrong that I want to see Ice Queen and the ice elementa, hanging out in some water like the water nymphs do? I guess they would probably bob around like ice cubes.
>>
>>82937383
Yeah it was way too fast-paced.
>>
>>82937431
also did i mention they were dudes? yall are so much better! xD/10
>>
Steven Universe literally killing us t b h
>>
>>82937431
forgot their own lore/10
>>
>>82937383
agreed. This ep could have done with being at least twice that length
>>
>>82937345
>wanna say Ice king doesn't know that
>Realize that LSP writes it too sometimes
>Fionna getting the lumpy space dick is canon

This makes me just as uncomfortable as breezy did.
>>
DABBLE DO BREAST ART OF THE NEW WOMAN
>>
Now we have, what, like 5 episodes left of the season? How do you think shit will go down?

>>82937431
7/10, the Ice Elemental was annoying but I do love me some lore
>>
>>82937187
>>82937198
>>82937210
remember Evergreen?
>>
>>82937489
Did they?
>>
>>82937383
Why is it that fucking EVERY show on CN is in the 11 minute format? Does the network push for that?

How does it benefit the network at all?
>>
I always had the belief these elements happened after the nuclear shit messed everyone up, I'm disappointed that in this world they were elements from the beginning and were around humans normally.

Seeing humans like that and them living in the city was interesting, I want more of that, but this felt kinda iffy.
>>
>>82937426
Might be intentional. All three ice-affiliated characters that have been introduced have been big tools that everyone hates. They've all been people that try to avoid a total cataclysm as well though. Wintergreen made the crown to try to save the world, Simon froze the world to try to save it from total destruction, and whatshername saved herself and tried to save the other elementals.
>>
>>82937489
how so?
>>
Why is it always the ice elemental who comes up with the scheme to survive that the other three dismiss?
>>
>>82937431
8/10
Alright.
Think I wanna go back to episode with pre lich explosion and see if I can find those elementals.

>>82937508
Yeah I remember seeing that guy who made the crown when she mentioned death talking about the elementals.
>>
>>82937265
she's out of her element
>>
>human-era fire elemental had Darunia's hair
I chortled.
>>
Will they ever win this season?
>>
>>82937525
ASTOUDINGLY quicker production, and a lot of these stories work better as short ones, would you want 22 minutes of that episode where finn and jake couldn't sleep? 22 minutes is special for a reason for these shows, they just don't do it when they need too much because it's always episodes around the finale, and they said with betty they couldn't do 2 specials so close.
>>
>>82937551
ever since orgalorg the entire concept of humans being the cause of the weirdness has been just thrown away. AT is a complex world with complex shitty lore, it's not just "war happens and now everything's fucked up" anymore
>>
>>82937525
Reruns get higher ratings for 11 minute episodes, although that's probably it
>>
>>82937525
they assume their viewers are ADHD as fuck, also it means they can push out new eps faster.
>>
>>82937525
>Does the network push for that?
yep for some retarded reason. everyone knows 25min 3 breaks is GOAT, but I guess it costs more for individual episodes
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43 KB, 600x480
>>82936922
>Do you remember a fake synopsis about an Ice Princess who was MarcelineĀ“s 13 yeard old clone and was totally wet for Finn?
>>
>>82937637
>with betty they couldn't do 2 specials
No, they could, but they chose to designate the spot for lemonhope because they're fucking retarded.
>>
>>82937586
haha but this is true, she's never done it before most likely, so she never knew how to channel the power or whatever.

>>82937649
I have to say though in this episode it was scary and heart dropping to see the city they were in get blown up by the lich bomb, that was pretty dark and unsettling
>>
>>82937265
Because it's magic.
>>
File: SUMMER SALES.png (154 KB, 295x297) Image search: [Google]
SUMMER SALES.png
154 KB, 295x297
>>82937525
Apparently it's done so that they can stretch seasons out over longer periods of time and retain viewership and also shorten the production gap between seasons as opposed to month long disney-tier hiatuses.

Instead of, you know, the old-fashioned way of a 22-minute episode of two 11-minute segments. Now those "segments" are called "episodes" and what was once an "episode" is now considered a "half-hour special".
>>
>>82937551

This was confirmed long ago, "Evergreen" had the magical elementals in a pre-historic world.
>>
>>82937708
season 5 openers and S&M did it better
>>
>>82937711
>and what was once an "episode" is now considered a "half-hour special".
This is the saddest part of this new format to me
>>
no mega download yet?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-19-20h06m17s173.png (532 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-19-20h06m17s173.png
532 KB, 1280x720
Download link here!

https://mega.nz/#!2xcASDZQ!ySU7T8nSAcCLt_QCQa3rbSZni1dmyOjPumsjGBhZrXM

Heads up: I left the 30 sec preview for next week's episode at the end in case you wanted to see it.
>>
>>82937731
No? That was after the lich bomb, later the lich comet came
>>
>>82937829
fuck in and around and through the ground
>>
File: 1457732704620.jpg (23 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1457732704620.jpg
23 KB, 398x500
>>82937829
You....you're alright
>>
>>82937731
could have easily been a post-apocalyptic world pre-oo
>>
jake looked weird af in this ep, like s1

also
>acknowledging the MW after not caring about it and being sidetracked with shit about comets for so long
breaking news the AT writers do something right
>>
Well that was... confusing...

Seriously, what was that? Since when did Adventure Time become a shitty Avatar clone with stagnant writing and characters? I could've written something better than this shit.
>>
>>82937711
Episodes have always been episodes you asshole
"Episodes 1A/ 1B" has always been a way to designate episodes and is still used
>>
>>82937829
We don't deserve you. Thanks.
>>
>>82938012
when was the last time anyone referenced something that happened a thousand years ago?
>>
>>82938015
If you haven't been keeping up with a show, you have no right to say if something is "confusing" or not.
>>
>>82938015
since evergreen which was a fucking season ago

seriously keep up elementals have long been established baka
>>
>>82937842
No evergreen took place during the time of the Dinosaurs
>>
>>82938092
I have kept up with the show, for the entire run. It's just so over complicated.
>>
>>82937794
It's not coming today.
>>
>>82879998
>>
>>82938244
>>
>>82937842
They actually used the comet to make the bomb
Sort of like an alternative energy thing gone wrong
>>
>>82920194
last time he punished ice king he put him in jail
he'll put him in jail again, and remind him of the past 2 times he was put in jail (one of which was house arrest i think?)
and IK will point out that one of those times he didnt do anything, so he'll ask for a freebie
>>
So if the Princesses are gonna become fancy superheroes and save the day and stuff, is Finn gonna master his crazy grass powers from that thorn?
>>
>>82938277
>>
>>82938323
>>
>>82937589
i took him to be Iroh but you might be right
>>
>>82938361
>>
>>82938361
>see?
hehehe
>>
>>82937304
Flame Prince is next week, now I want to see a male version of Canyon.
>>
>episodes boarded by kent osborne
>season 1
>with Pendleton Ward
My Two Favorite People

>with Niki Yang
When Wedding Bells Thaw
The Witch's Garden (also with Adam Muto)
Donny (also with Muto)
His Hero

>Season 2
>with Somvilay Xayaphone
Loyalty to the King
The Eyes
To Cut a Woman's Hair
The Pods
Mystery Train (first episode he boarded after becoming a staff writer on the show)
Belly of the Beast
Video Makers (with additional uncredited boards from Storyboard Revisionist David C Smith)

>Season 3
>with Xayaphone
The Monster
Still
From Bad to Worse
Holly Jolly Secrets
Paper Pete

>Season 4
didn't board but it should be noted that his is when he became Head of Story

>Season 5.1
>with Xayaphone
Vault of Bones

>with Cole Sanchez
Princess Potluck

>Season 5.2
>with Sanchez
The Party's Over, Isla de SeƱorita
Jake Suit
Time Sandwich
Love Games (also with Andy Ristaino, who would replace Osborne as Cole's Partner)

>with Seo Kim and Xayaphone
Play Date

>with Pen
Bad Timing

>Season 6
The Prince Who Wanted Everything (with Adam Muto, Emily Partridge, and Bert Youn)
Jake the Brick (he also served as Supervising Director for the episode)
Hoots (with Andy Ristaino)

>Season 7
President Porpoise Is Missing! (with Sam Alden)
Mama Said (with Kris Mukai)
Scamps (with Xayaphone)
Elemental
>>
File: 1414378644896.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414378644896.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>82937829

godspeed
>>
>>82910627

Source.
>>
>>82938653
forgot to note that His Hero was also with Muto
>>
>>82938684
Paheal
>>
File: harveybirdman.jpg (36 KB, 400x354) Image search: [Google]
harveybirdman.jpg
36 KB, 400x354
>>82879864
I'm going on a limb here and going to say, when they said the elements would live on, they meant naturally. And they were right, but Simon isn't a natural ice being, he's made from wish magic gone wrong made by an ice guy, so I'm guessing whatever/whoever she is, is the true ice elemental.
>>
>>82938826
Too obvious to even talk about honestly.
>>
Is that pictures of Finn in the corner?
>>
>>82938826
The wish was by Gunther to become like Evergreen, so he got ice powers by proxy, so yeah
>>
>>82939078
Yes. From her fan fics.
>>
>>82939078
>Ice King believes Fionna would be hot, young and has dem thighs

>Ice Queen believes Finn would be hot, young and possibly muscular and taller
>>
I want to do art of Ice Queen and the new ice elemental lady. Anyone have model sheets?
>>
File: LqGvffo.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LqGvffo.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
bush stole the hangers
>>
>>82937265
who cares candy power is lame as fuck, like what element are you gonna counter with that.
>>
>>82938826
You did it, detective, you figured out the great mystery
>>
File: ba dum tssh.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ba dum tssh.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>82939420
the Finn element

I'll go home now
>>
>>82939420
Hunger
>>
File: elemental.png (343 KB, 401x711) Image search: [Google]
elemental.png
343 KB, 401x711
something about the generic 'female from the 80s' personality is really out of place even if they acknowledge it as such
>>
>>82939579
Will she drive an ice Trans Am?
>>
>>82939420

Slime, obviously. Who wants to eat candy after it gets covered in slime?
>>
>>82939579
At first I though she was a demon or something by the way she walks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.