[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a question: When did Captain America learn martial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: cap.jpg (7 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
7 KB, 222x227
Here's a question: When did Captain America learn martial arts?
I'ts been a while since I've seen TFA, but all I remember is he got into the army, did basic (poorly, given his pre-serum physique), and did that first mission ins secret. After that, he just started doing skirmishes with the howling commandos.
When exactly did he do any martial arts training? They show him being able to take on martial artists like Black Panther.
>>
>>82859989
I assume he picked up basic hand-to-hand combat skills during the events of World War 2. He was at least skilled enough to do battle with Red Skull, although Skull tended to have the advantage without the shield involved.

The real master level stuff would come from SHIELD training inbetween the end of First Avenger when he woke up, and the beginning of The Avengers when he put the new training into practice.
>>
Post-ice, watched fights on youtube.
>>
>>82860306
His fight style was still pretty cluncky in The Avengers. The real pro martial art stuff came in TWS. Pribably he had more time to integrate some MMA training into his regime. His fight against Batrock was pretty badass.
>>
>>82859989
His base fighting was always boxing. Probably added in grappling and ground fighting during his WWII travels.

Anything more complex probably came from widow.
>>
>>82861767
>BW will never teach you systema
>>
File: 1460578459987.jpg (51 KB, 299x276) Image search: [Google]
1460578459987.jpg
51 KB, 299x276
His fighting style in TFA and Avengers is similar basic clobbering.

He obviously got training with SHIELD in between the Avengers and TWS.
>>
cap in the movies primarily has a boxing style/base

which makes sense because 1930s/40s boxing was it. when he's wailing on tony at the end of CW it's boxing combos + shield

CW takes place about 2 years after IM3 according to tony, which takes place 6 months after avengers 1. so assuming cap gets thawed and then thrown into avengers almost immediately, all his "modern" moves (the gymnast flips, choke holds, knees to the body, kicks) all came post-avengers-pre-winter soldier when he was in SHIELD
>>
>>82861767
>ywn be choked to orgas-- to death during trainig with Black Widow
Kill me already.
>>
>>82860422
>His fight style was still pretty cluncky in The Avengers.
It got the job done mostly, but was nothing special. Remember the time a Chitauri got him in a headlock?
>>
File: cho.jpg (258 KB, 648x924) Image search: [Google]
cho.jpg
258 KB, 648x924
>>82861892
based cho knew
>>
In addition to what other anons have said, the SSS increased his reflexes as well. You can fake it a lot easier if you're faster, stronger, and more agile than all your opponents.
>>
>>82861850
That's what I figured as well. He also got a lot more agile in general with it.
>>
>>82861887
This is true even in the comics.
Cap mostly fights using boxing, his gymnastics training, wrestling, and judo according to the actual comics and not the handbook that no writer ever uses as reference for anything.
Cap doesn't waste time with "styles" because he's an experienced enough fighter to know that once you learn the mechanics and technical aspects of beating the shit out of someone and mentally remember the fact that there are no rules or low strikes or off-limits hits, then all you really need to do is practice and get experience.

Boxing taught him how to hit people, judo and wrestling taught him about grapples holds and joints, and his gymnastics taught him about shifting his weight and maximizing his usage of momentum.
>>82861921
I think it was mostly that the Avengers didn't really have a fight choreographer with Cap.
>>82859989
Presumably there were time skips here and there. WWII lasted a few years and he didn't LITERALLY teleport from location to location like the movie shows as part of a montage.
Montages are not meant to be literal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.