[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New York Comic Con to start using some kind of convoluted sy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: nycc-logo.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1529) Image search: [Google]
nycc-logo.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1529
New York Comic Con to start using some kind of convoluted system to verify ticket buyers:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Tickets/NYCC-Ticket-Process-and-Show-News/#Fan

This sucks for those of us who sold like 10 tickets for $1000, it was easy money but I feel even with this system in place if you use fake names you can get around it and still make a decent profit.
>>
>>82855678
>NYCC
I've been going for four years and I'm officially done with this con. It's not because of the new system but because there truly is nothing to fucking do at this con. It's good for people who wanna buy shit but other than that is pretty bland and boring if you just wanna socialize. I've experienced other cons outside of NYCC and after that you better believe I'm not going back to it.

Also it saves me money.
>>
>>82855678
>This sucks for us scalpers!

Fuck off and die, please.
>>
>>82855765
Yea you just walk around in a sea of humanity and it takes hours to see or try anything. Panels sell out in seconds. I went to Denver CC last year for the first time and that was chill as fuck. Wasn't as convoluted, freedom to do whatever and there is beer everywhere. I got shit faced then hung out with the red power ranger.
>>
>>82855678
I like it a lot, fuck the shitty site based and making long a.f. lines to spend money to spend more money. I for one am very happy if this works as advertised.
>>
>>82855796
Oh stop bitching even the organizers said scalping is not a big deal before being under 1% of tickets sold but they had to do something to make the autistic goers happy. The problem is there are 150,000 tickets and 500,000 people trying to get them thats why there are no tickets.
>>
>>82855824
Even for cosplaying it's a pretty dull con. People rarely want to talk, you don't see alot of interesting ones besides 500 of the same shit. I've been to katsucon and magfest of this year and those cons were way more fun. It was easy to find parties, to meet new people and just generally had more of a chill vibe along with cooler cosplays.
>>
File: consent.jpg (276 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
consent.jpg
276 KB, 1200x800
>>82855955
>People rarely want to talk
Gee I wonder why.
>>
my only problem is that they are not giving me more than a 3 day notice... I wanted to pay for my gf's ticket again this year but I probably wont have an extra 100 bucks to do that until next time I get paid. TFW she leaves me before the con and I can get a new comic loving gf.
>>
>>82856129
>I probably wont have an extra 100 bucks to do that
How the fuck do people live like this?
>>
>>82855983
I was at NYCC when that thing first got revealed. And they just make the atmosphere more tense, girls at cons see all guys as potential rapists. Even if you're just trying to be friendly most guys don't bother because they don't want to be labeled as a rapist just because they fucked up in a conversation.
>>
>>82856164
I don't get how people can go to cons week after week. I go to a con like once every few months but there's people that go to one con then off to another one the next week.
>>
>>82856177
Was there even a reason to have that sign? Did a sailor moon get gangbanged? My best friend's cunty SJW GF applauded when she saw that but couldn't tell me why it was needed.
>>
>>82856164
Budgeting? its really easy and very simple. Never late on a bill, no need for credit card (just debit to buy crap on-line) and I can consistently save enough money for shopping for new stuff but no impulse buys unless its left over money at the end of the month. Try ear marking all of your money for two weeks and see if it does not last you longer and give you more freedom in the long run as well. I can dip into my savings account and buy her a ticket but I do not like to do things like that because it gets too easy to deplete your savings 100 bucks at a time for no real reason.
>>
>>82856320
I budget too and don't spend frivolously and I never got into a situation where $100 would make or break me.
>>
>>82856273
So your same SJW GF couldnt claim a false rape happened and sue the venue/the con hosts for facilitating it. All young people are boot licking babies now, so they must have common sense things spelled out and if things are not spelled out then they were not warned. I also think they got rid of the speed dating last year as well... would not be surprised if its to avoid plausible over reactions from SJWs. It is very funny because another reason for it is to get SJWs who are stupid to come to the con and trick them into consuming more SJW content. Fortunately SJWs have no money and never buy things so this fad will end real soon.
>>
>>82856352
I doubt it would break me, I just said I would have liked more than 3 days to set the money aside. I cant do a nice gesture for my gf by buying her the ticket (which she can afford on her own no problem as well) due to the short notice... I dont eat nor live off of my ability to buy my gf shit.
>>
>>82856441
>I doubt it would break me
>I probably wont have an extra 100 bucks to do that until next time I get paid

Whatever you say poorfag.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.