[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 124
Void is the most OP aspect, please nerf
>>
>that poor asshole who got Blood as aspect power
>"your power is leadership and friendship :^)"
>>
>>82852507
If Breath is freedom, is Blood bdsm? Is that why Dave went gay for Karkat?
>>
>>82852544
Blood is eternal cuckolding.

Even the Sufferer got cucked by the Psiionic fucking his Disciple behind his back.
>>
>>82852544
>If Breath is freedom
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>82852507
knight of blood is probably pretty good if you've got a session of actual friends
being able to weaponize your bonds and shit
>>
>>82852544
Nice b8
>>
>>82852700
>being the knight of blood 'weaponizes your bonds'
>karkat's friends fight for him

i... guess... that kind of makes sense?
>>
File: AHP.jpg (30 KB, 345x344) Image search: [Google]
AHP.jpg
30 KB, 345x344
Cook me, Rose

Cook me
>>
File: 1437211531774.png (12 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
1437211531774.png
12 KB, 393x393
>>82852760
Nah, it's just a loser aspect for total losers who need others to do shit for him.
>>
Why did John get timetravel powers? Isn't that Dave's job?
>>
>>82852838

juju shenanagins

but honestly i feel like dave should've fucking done some god damn time travel, like, did game over not show dave that maybe he should be using his time powers to help fix shit?
>>
>>82852852
Maybe abandoning their aspect is a Knight thing.
>>
>>82852852
TIME TRAVEL BAD>:(

PLAYING GAME BAD>:(

DAVE STRIDER AND ROSE LALONDE AREN'T SELF DESTRUCTIVE RETARDS, THEY'RE INDEPENDENT FOR CHOOSING THE OPTION THAT RESULTS IN THEIR HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DEATHS
>>
>>82852818
so hst was vriska all along im gonna puke
>>
>>82852897
hst is Vriska, and HSG is (Vriska)

Hence why we always sit on HSG
>>
>>82852881
if homestuck has a moral its that taking control of your destiny is pointless
>>
File: andrew hussie.jpg (25 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
andrew hussie.jpg
25 KB, 1280x720
>>82852928
Vriska is the key to all of this

Quick John retcon the past three years of the story

We need Vriska back

Save Vriska...

Save the world...
>>
>>82852928

unless you have time travel powers, like john

or the ability to see alternative paths to specific outcomes, like terezi

oh, shit, wait, SURPRISE couldn't dave and rose do very fucking similar things? god damn it

they weren't the exact same powers, but we were shown DIRECTLY how dave and rose could've used their powers to contribute

fuck, if dave and rose had done their jobs John and Terezi probably wouldn't have had to pick up their slack!
>>
File: 1369848836520.png (7 KB, 253x332) Image search: [Google]
1369848836520.png
7 KB, 253x332
>>
>>82852918
>Vriska sits on Tavros and bullies him
>Vriska sits on Tavros and bullies him in the afterlife
>Vriska is retconned back to life, sits on Jake and bullies him
>she gets to the dreambubbles, sits on (Vriska) and bullies her in the afterlife
>Vriska enters the new universe, sits on Karkat, bullies him, eats his Kiwi, fucks his Dave and Jade, sets Can Town on fire, bangs Terezi on his birthday, hires random carapaces to beat him up daily, "helps" Karkat by hiding, negating and destroying all suicide options

It's okay when Vriska does this.
>>
File: relevant maybe.jpg (173 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
relevant maybe.jpg
173 KB, 760x596
>>82853000
Maybe the entire reason John and Terezi pick up the slack is because Dave and Rose are by nature of who they are incapable of doing their jobs.
>>
>>82853000
john certainly doesnt take control of his destiny, he just does what hes told. terezi is arguable but ultimately everything she does just leads to things being as they were always going to be anyway.
>>
File: roxy rose.gif (52 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
roxy rose.gif
52 KB, 650x650
>>82853105
>Dave and Rose are by nature of who they are incapable of doing their jobs.

If human beings don't have arcs, does that mean Roxy is a robot?
>>
>>82853105
maybe they should've become people who could do their jobs then.

maybe that would've been a more interesting story than them sitting on their asses on a meteor and fucking.
>>
File: battler.jpg (292 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
battler.jpg
292 KB, 640x480
>ambigious ending after a disappointing act 6 where the author went full meta and inserted himself into the story

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1463263204164.png (31 KB, 447x342) Image search: [Google]
1463263204164.png
31 KB, 447x342
Did he forget or just stop caring?
>>
>>82853233
neither, he just went so far up his own ass he thinks the ending was good
>>
File: TobyFox.png (306 KB, 378x320) Image search: [Google]
TobyFox.png
306 KB, 378x320
>>82853233
>There is an alternate universe where Andrew Hussie made Problem Stuck 2 instead of Homestuck
>He wasn't too popular, but all that changed when he and his friend Toby "Radiation" Fox released Hometale - a indie darling RPG with immense replayability and character debelopment
>>
>>82853233
all he's talking about it reaching a page that has 'the end' on it rather than stopping halfway through. the quality of said page is not stated
>>
>>82853291
>tying up the loose ends makes all the difference
Eat shit faggot
>>
>>82853233
>The longer and less funny answer will need some reflection. Maybe some day I will say some things about it. For now, I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Eh, I'm guessing he had an actual mental breakdown or something.
>>
>>82853498
he unironically had the whole game thing fall apart and his dad die at about the same time. you can read the depression kicking in with less enthusiastic pesterlogs and more malicious fanbase-bating jokes
>>
>>82852544

Blood is the alpha timeline, similar to how Mind is alternate timelines. Mind travels the synapses of the Universe Frog, Blood travels the circulatory system; i.e. the veins.

Mind is based on choice. Blood is based on fate.
>>
>>82853794
>Blood is the alpha timeline
Then how come Karkat is a 8eta kuck? Checkm8, 8KEW.
>>
>>82853927

Ha, oh geez. That is literally the most insulting thing I have ever been called. What a horse's ass that dumbshit is.

Kankri was a Seer of Blood and he was able to travel along the veins of the Universe frog to 'see' past instances of the alpha reality. Karkat as a Knight of Blood is well... depends on how you define Knight. People seem to like the idea of 'protector' for knight. Karkat would then be the protector of the alpha reality. And Karkat is the character most associated with talking with past versions of himself that are still a part of the alpha timeline. He conceives of the alpha timeline as showing discrete versions of himself. He treats past and future versions of his alpha reality as unique individuals that he fights with. That probably ties in with his Blood aspect if it's so interpreted as being the fate/alpha equivalent of Mind.
>>
>>82853000
>John, being John, did what (Terezi) tells him and never really took control of things
>(Terezi) took control of things but she died and was fated for irrelevancy
>Retcon Terezi wasn't responsible for bringing Vriska and became MORE of an emotional wreck than (Terezi)
>Retcon Vriska had everything handed to her on a platter (resurrection, leadership, the juju, the army), and in the end she never learned anything and will probably never be happy anyway
Fuck this, I consider Game Over and all that followed non-canon because to do otherwise is to admit I spent years reading a story where no one's choices ever mattered.
>>
So which was a worse fate for Vriska? Becoming a simpering pansy without any purpose or validation, or just returning to stock Vriska and throwing all her development under the bus?

Because I honestly can't decide.
>>
Breath is not freedom; it's flow. It's not necessarily an acceptance of fate, but a flow and movement with where the narrative leads. Not sure how many of you read Order of the Stick, but I'd call Breath as something similar to Elan's abilities regarding understanding the narrative and story-mechanics.

Heirs are about inheriting responsibilities. Ultimately, John, as an Heir of Breath, is meant to inherit the responsibilities over the flow of the story. Which he does when he touches the ultimate weapon. John becomes the author.
>>
>>82854252

Andrew couldn't decide whether the ones who wanted Vriska to be punished or the ones who wanted Vriska to win at everything were right. So, he made both versions exist.
>>
>>82854252
I like weenie Vriska more
>>
File: 2344534.png (6 KB, 251x217) Image search: [Google]
2344534.png
6 KB, 251x217
So current blood theories:

1. Bonds, relationships, pacts, responsibility
2. leadership and vitality, ie. stamina
3. Alpha timeline
4. can tap into friends powers, like Rouge from xmen (stealing kanayas speed)
5. red miles

????????????????
add your own
>in b4 cuck, etc
>>
File: 1436789760272.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1436789760272.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
>>82854369
>weenie
>>
>>82854252
Retcon Vriska never had the Meenah romance scenes, (Vriska) loses by default.
>>
>>82854252
dead vriska can sort of improve, assuming she hangs out with the right kind of people and learns how to build actual self esteem instead of fake self esteem
alive vriska is having the most intense relevance high of her life and is probably not going to learn a thing in centuries. experience proves that leaving her around other people does not improve her, it just degrades the others

(vriska) could grow thanks to an exceptional combination of irrelevance, lack of validation, solitude, and self-awareness (due to aranea's actions). it'll probably be a millenium or two before the stars align again and alive vriska has an epiphany.

in a way, alive vriska is like a crack addict living on chemical happiness.
it's what she wants.
(vriska) is on withdrawal but at least she knows she will be a better, more balanced, happier person now that she's sworn herself to the str8 edge lifestyle.
it's what she needs.

so in the end, i'd say alive vriska has it worse.
>>
>>82854116
this shit all just echoes the opinions i already have about existence. if you think freedom and power over your life are things that exist try and explain why you spend time on 4chan
>>
>>82854478
It's short for bloody useless
>>
>>82854478
>definition of blood:
cuck
candyred semen stain
crybaby
manlet
taking dick in ass
feeling guilty for no reason
>>
File: CGinternetbattle.gif (239 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
CGinternetbattle.gif
239 KB, 500x900
>>82854478
Blood is fear.
>signless afraid of tyranny and death
>kankri afraid of offending people and women, and uses his seer powers to know when to make trigger warnings
>karkat is literally threatened by anything within a 10 mile radius, and uses his knight powers to turn his fears into a very loud and shouty defense mechanism
>>
>>82854252
It likely depends on how Vriska feels in the wake of killing the big bad, that is if she's even still alive. As far as we can tell, Vriska never confronted the fact that she's miserable with who she is, yet she can't fight the impulse to act that way. So if she has survived the end, she'd likely revel in the afterglow of being the big hero for some time, then once that importance has faded she'll have to confront her issues head on. Perhaps she'll have people to help her confront said issues? Terezi is still dependent on her so that's someone that could help, although that same dependence may eliminate any actual help Terezi could offer, instead acting as a kindling for those negative impulses.

(Vriska) would face much the same confrontation with emotions, but in the reverse. She's gone too far the other way from her previous self, losing that edge to her personality which defined her. Can she recover enough of that without gaining the destructive and self hating impulses? Who knows, she has (Terezi) to help her out which is certainly a more useful compatriot to have given her success in directly confronting her issues, they could learn together with some success.

I'd say (Vriska) has the most chance of ending up healthy and happy, within reason. Given that her ability to succeed is still present, she just needs to relearn it in tandem with tempering herself to avoid the destructive tendencies of winning at any cost. Still, she's probably dead so hey who really gives a fuck.
>>
File: pure art skill.png (556 KB, 1248x435) Image search: [Google]
pure art skill.png
556 KB, 1248x435
>>82854252
>(Vriska) lives happily ever after with Terezi before getting killed by LE
>Vriska gets killed right away by LE
>>
>>82854554
i like thinking about this stuff and im pretty sure that andrew had these questions in mind when he decided to pit the two potential vriskas against each other, but it frustrates me that it had to come about in such an aggravating way. if vriska had just been SLIGHTLY less of a mary sue post-retcon, or the other characters had stepped up a little instead of moping, it could have been bearable and the questions re: which vriska was healthier would still have been there
>>
File: tumblr_mstt1tBSMJ1r5x0g1o1_1280.png (293 KB, 1251x441) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mstt1tBSMJ1r5x0g1o1_1280.png
293 KB, 1251x441
I'm probably nearly half a decade late with this shocking revelation of complete bullshit but consider the following

>mindfang lives in a period of alternia's history where technology has advanced enough to the point that one guy can assemble a prosthetic limb
>still using ships from the early 17th century
>>
>>82854645
>people and women
kek
>>
>>82854813
i dont see what the problem is, thats around the level of technology we had in the era of earth final fantasy was set in
>>
>>82854813
The overall development of troll technology has always been all over the place.
Hell, it's very likely that trollkind had developed fucking FTL SPACE TRAVEL when Mindfang was sailing her old ass wooden ship.

(...God damn. Now I want psionic-powered naval battles.)
>>
>>82854701
(vriska) and (terezi) being together in the afterlife still makes me feel warm inside
>>
File: TCzipzop.gif (99 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
TCzipzop.gif
99 KB, 500x310
What if Vriska stayed DAOOTS After act 5?
>>
>>82854900
>>
>>82854813
i thought mindfang was talking about spaceships the whole time i was reading her journal until i saw the fucking rigging in seer: ascend
>>
>>82854894
>people ship them red in the afterlife
>Karkuck getting cucked even in death
>>
File: 1452456537615.jpg (90 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1452456537615.jpg
90 KB, 500x265
>>82854813
Huh, that's a pretty fucking good question.
>>
>>82854952
>homestuck could have had space pirates
>>
File: 1459805142494.png (224 KB, 639x651) Image search: [Google]
1459805142494.png
224 KB, 639x651
>>82854894
It was really nice seeing a Terezi who'd faced her issues and a Vriska open to change coming together. Shame they're probably dead, and what we got in return is just depressing.
>>
>>82854813
They also still use swords and such when they have actual laser rifles sitting around.

That's what you get with a society that lacks any form of formal education. They're like the Imperium of Man in 40k, except they just started that way.
>>
>>82855009
i dont understand the 'what we got in return' argument. we didnt lose any of these versions of the characters, and their stories still happened and are there for us to read. homestuck seems pretty clear on the point that none of the infinite alternate selves are actually any more or less valid than the others, despite the apparent dominance of the alpha timeline
>>
File: 1435962424014.gif (300 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1435962424014.gif
300 KB, 650x450
>literally the only interactions between Vriska and Terezi were antagonistic and shitty
>when Terezi remembers Vriska in the dream bubbles right after killing her, she literally says "wow I forgot what a crazy bitch you were"
>their relationship was built on both of them being good at murder and manipulating human boys but for completely different reasons, and nothing else
>people think they make a good pair in any context
>>
>>82855140
the scourge sisters being treated as a good thing seems like one of those fanon things that became canon
>>
>>82855140
SCOURGECEST, ANON.

INSTEAD OF WANTING SMUT OF IT, THEY WANT A REAL RELATIONSHIP!

JUST LIKE DAVEKAT!
>>
File: karkat has his kiwi.png (37 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
karkat has his kiwi.png
37 KB, 600x910
>>
>>82855120
Because none of those stories continue, they are literally erased from existence, so the catharsis of characters growing, and the idea of them continuing past the story are removed.

But the real issue is that most of the time those arcs aren't fucking finished when they get cut off. We see the ground work of where they're going, but we never actually see those characters reach their goals.
>>
>>82855235
At least Dave and Karkat became bros before the retcon and had a few funny conversations
>>
>>82855285
dude ULTIMATE SELVES lol
>>
>>82855272
Why is Karkat drooling?
>>
>>82855331
Shut the fuck up.
I know where you're going with this, don't.
>>
>>82855319
>ULTIMATE SLEEVES
>>
>>82855272
But Karkat was the most desirable character
Dave wouldn't let go of that canon hot ass
>>
>>82855384
The only one with a canon hot ass are Jane Jade according to various comments made
>>
>>82855384
moms > ass
>>
>>82855120
Not the anon you're talking to but
>none of the infinite alternate selves are actually any more or less valid than the others
From a setting standpoint, they are.
Characters from timelines reality doesn't like end up ghosts stuck in a weird afterlife made out of memories, which conspires to keep you static as fuck. Selves from the alpha timeline get to win the game and live peacefully in the new universe. Don't tell me Paradox Space isn't playing favorites.

From a plot standpoint, they also are. The Game Over cast stopped having screentime after the retcon, with the notable exception of Roxy + John (of course), Jasp/(Rose), (Vriska) and (Tavros). These last three weren't particularly focused on either.
We suddenly stopped following a dozen characters who had gone through specific trials and trauma just so we could follow clones of them that had gone through different things. Andrew Hussie as an author shifted the story focus towards the retcon cast. You can't deny this either.

From a philosophical standpoint, we agree, though. No version of a character is inherently "worth more" than another when it comes to what they are as an individual. But who cares about that?
>>
File: pregnantjade6.png (23 KB, 595x407) Image search: [Google]
pregnantjade6.png
23 KB, 595x407
>>82855384
Dave takes responsibility
Especially if it involves hot moms
>>
File: 86vr4A3.png (1017 KB, 1070x1560) Image search: [Google]
86vr4A3.png
1017 KB, 1070x1560
>>82855405
BTFO waifufags
>>
>>82855285
they didnt get erased they died and passed onto the afterlife and it was supposed to be a tragedy not a stepping stone towards growth. the ending is supposed to have some bittersweet aspects that come from the knowledge that all those deaths still happened. otherwise terezi: remem8er wouldnt be practically immediately before collide.
>>
>>82855450
>Porrim
What?

This chart is made a fucking moron.
>>
>>82855384
And they all dropped him like hot shit when they figured out that he is an insecure weenie.
>>
>>82855479
It's being posted by a moron too. Davekat fans have nothing left so they're just trying to go "b-but chart!"
>>
>>82855479
>This chart is made a fucking moron.
kek

>Porrim
RTFC, she flirted with him in openbound
>>
>>82855120
Whilst the sentiment that character stories continue even if the narrative doesn't focus on them, it's a pointless sentiment given we only see the narrative as a viewer. In the Game Over timeline we see the struggles these characters go through, how they change and how they interact. With the retcon a huge chunk of this is lost to us as the viewer, we don't see the interactions and development over the 3 years journey which is a pretty substantial amount of time, enough to completely alter characters like Karkat, Terezi, Vriska etc. No matter if the other characters continue to live on in dreambubbles, we're focused on those characters in the present narrative as that's all we can interact with.

Those characters we end up with are simply lesser than those characters we'd viewed in the past as we haven't see the full extent of their development, I don't care about post-retcon Karkat where in the past I was invested in seeing what became of Karkat in light of his struggles and goals encountering a huge roadbump in the form of his realization that he'd fucked up massively and a good number of his friends dying. I wanted to see how his leadership altered in the face of it. Instead, post-retcon Karkat just drops that whole part of his character without us seeing what lead to it, that's bullshit of the highest order.
>>
File: meme machine.png (332 KB, 1000x899) Image search: [Google]
meme machine.png
332 KB, 1000x899
>Trezza turns out to be even more annoying amd more of a mary sue than Vriska
>Treated as being the best meme person ever
>Tries to force memes that are completely unfunny
>Spouts decades-old memes that hare beyond dead, possibly even beyond double dead
>>
>>82855500
>flirted
She acted motherly towards him you blind fucking retard.
Half of those characters are normal conversations or the characters being themselves and whoever made that going "HE'S GETTING MACKED ON".
You're a moron.
>>
>>82855540
Kankri got triggered by it and specifically called her out for flirting with him
again, RTFC
>>
>>82855434
because the whole point of the retcon is to ask yourself whether the retcon characters were really 'worth more' than their pre-retcon counterparts, and terezi: remem8er makes that clear. it seems really fucking unsubtle to me to just decide that andrew didnt give a shit about them and didnt want you to give a shit about them either when terezi makes such a huge deal out of their tragedy.
>>
>>82855540
The artist who made that chart actually said they were making it from memory and hadn't read things in a while. It's funny that people are now taking it at face value.
>>
File: Trizza.png (675 B, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Trizza.png
675 B, 200x200
>>82855523
They should have made this her symbol
>>
>>82855575
Kankri's also an insecure little bitch.
Their conversation went with Porrim getting Karkat out of talking to Kankri, then telling him he's good looking and Terezi is very looking, like a mother.
For someone who's all on about reading the fucking comic it seems like you do, because you're a fucking retard
>>
>>82855405
When has anybody called Jade attractive? Only Karkat made any overt allusions, and even then they were unintentional.

Fucking Davesprite dumped her when she was literally the only pussy for the next several years.
>>
>>82855582
>people
Davekat shippers aren't "people"
>>
>>82855523
i cant wait for the trizza porn
>>
>>82855140
I think the issue stems more from how people regard Terezi. She's viewed as one of the good guys, when in reality she's firmly planted in that grey area that the trolls of Alternia naturally gravitate towards. This is more apparent early on with her interactions with others, given her initial treatment of John as a pawn to do with as she pleased. However, she at least seems to change over time, learning that she does care about these people, not pawns, that she's dealing with. That was what set her apart from Vriska, she seemed to realise that manipulation with no regard for those affected is wrong. That being said, Vriska did seem to be showing signs of realizing this too with her time with John, perhaps she could have changed for the better had she not been killed by Terezi or Jack (had she gone to fight him).

In the end they're both morally grey, and they could be good for each other or they could be terrible for each other. If nothing else, they're linked with each other hence the fixation from people to tie them together romantically.
>>
>>82855638
>"people"
Don't you mean """""""people"""""""?
>>
I can't believe that by the time Union Jack was introduced and the Condesce's master plan came to fruition, Homestuck wasn't even 75% done yet
>>
>>82855652
I can see that similarity, but as they say the proof is in the pudding: they just don't get along. Nevermind the fact that Vriska only manipulates (and usually does so poorly, being either completely ineffective or manipulating total pushovers) for her own ends while Terezi manipulates to get people's shit together.
>>
>>82855652
yeah, the reason i feel good about (terezi) and (vriska) together in the afterlife is that its the only chance these two characters that are HUGELY important to each other have to reconcile their issues. i dont think its possible in the alpha timeline, and in fact i think it would fucking bad for them both to spend any more time around each other. knowing things worked out somewhat, somewhere, feels nice though
>>
>>82855523
>won't spout alien memes that all the trolls think are hilarious but none of the humans get
>>
>>82855523

when it actually gets released this might be one of hussies new awful decisions

hes not very good at staying up to date. going by his social media posts he's getting close to out of touch status

take the whole 'anime' thing for example
>>
>>82855783
Hussie isn't writing it
>>
>>82855783
hes not even the lead writer though. hes a pretty good judge of talent and its not at all unlikely that he could pull off an invented faux meme culture that is original and funny without copying real memes given his history
>>
>>82854712
>bitch actually thought she was gonna be important
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (19 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
19 KB, 275x200
Is it a coincidence that the story went to shit after Andrew's self insert died?
Is it a coincidence that Vriska is the one character who has used their mind control on Hussie, and just so happened to become the most important character at the end of the story?
Is it a coincidence that in Collide, Hussie attempted to stop Vriska from using the Juju, which represented a literal plot hole?
Is it a coincidence that two of the most hated things, Vriska and the retcon, lead to the death of LE, who partially represented the fandom?
Is it a coincidence that Vriska was known for speedrunning the troll session and causing people to abandon their quests, while the end of Homestuck was rushed and caused a bunch of characters to abandon their arcs?

I THINK NOT
>>
>>82855852
>faux meme culture that is original and funny without copying real memes given his history
so i take it you didnt see the trizza concept art from the kickstarter update
>>
>>82855272
Man, fuck is wrong with Dave? Is he facing the sun, hand in his back pocket, with his shirt on backwards? Is he facing Karkat's direction, holding Jade's hand while she stands in the other direction? This whole thing is a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>82855471
>>82855577
The posts you are responding to make different arguments than what you're trying to debunk.
Either you misquoted, or you're so intense about your opinion that you don't care what people are actually saying.
Whatever the case, there's a communication issue here.
>>
>>82855862
the juju wasnt a plot hole it was the comic itself thats all thanks
>>
>>82855919
I'm pretty sure the characters literally refer to it as a hole in the narrative, at some point.
>>
File: 1435269987801.gif (185 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1435269987801.gif
185 KB, 650x450
>W8ke up.
>See this.
What do?
>>
>>82855880
i think that my posts are acceptable responses to the things i disagreed with in those posts. if i didnt respond to something either i agree or i dont think its important. anyway, im not trying to 'debunk' anything because we're literally talking about our opinions about a comic here so the idea of disproving any statement is absurd
>>
File: hole_in_reality.png (68 KB, 667x956) Image search: [Google]
hole_in_reality.png
68 KB, 667x956
>>82855919
>>82855993
okay Vriska calls it a "hole in reality", that's close enough
>>
>>82855919
The Homestuck Narrative is already represented in-comic by the two discs and A6A6A6 cartridge, though. Plus Vriska describes it as creating a "hole in reality".
>>
>>82855862
>Is it a coincidence that Vriska was known for speedrunning the troll session and causing people to abandon their quests
that was karkat, you stupid fuck
>>
>>82854813
They probably are just using old style ships for fun, like there was a big retro/pirate fad going on or something. I bet the ships actually have engines below deck, so they don't actually have to use the sails to drive the ship.
>>
>>82856013
It's not like I deserve better
>>
>>82856046
The entirety of their reality is the plot of Homestuckâ„¢
>>
File: 1460784426225.png (12 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1460784426225.png
12 KB, 800x600
>>82856013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>82855739
>>82855756
I'm inclined to agree with you, I don't think they'd work in an actual relationship unless Terezi faced up to her dependency issues and Vriska confronted her deep set personal issues developed from her whole lusus situation. That's what made (Terezi) and (Vriska) meeting up in Remem8er enjoyable as these versions of those characters are perfectly suited for each other to actually end up happy.

>>82855739
I would say that manipulation in any form is inherently bad, given the unfairness naturally present in any form of manipulation. It's one of the things which connects the two, they're both more inclined to get others to do what they want in an underhanded manner as opposed to the normal channels and is one of the huge issues the two would have being together without confronting those motivations for manipulating others.

It's also one of the things that says to me that they'll almost always gravitate towards each other, given this unusual trait. I think if nothing else they'd be friends as there's an undeniable connection with the two as even if their motivations differ their method for success is rooted in manipulation and self assurance.
>>
>>82856095
Weren't slaves mentioned? I always imagined the ships to be mostly run by paddleslaves.
>>
>>82856095
That makes about as much sense as anything
>>
>>82856046
yes, and the reality that she is talking about is the comic itself. thats why you can reach anywhere in the comic through it, and fall in and start teleporting around canon. thats also why caliborn getting it as a reward was such a big deal. its my theory that that is also why the sealed kids dont come out of it in act 7: they are released when the story finishes.
>>
the ending wasn't bittersweet it was just shit
any tragedy you can infer can be handwaved with very plausible outcomes

>some of the characters are mortal
just have Roxy void up some god beds or have John warp them to some that already exist
>but why weren't the trolls in the masterpiece
because causality, same reason why the kids have to go in the first place
>the beta kids are trapped in the juju forever
no they ain't
>the alpha kids are stuck on caliborn's planet
roxy can just void teleport them away, or, john can use his retcon powers after taking care of lord english

nothing sad actually happened
>>
>>82856013
*shove*
>>
>>82856147
I was going to point out that large, advanced vessels designed for the open ocean aren't fitted for paddles for a variety of reasons, but a couple of blue bloods could probably do the job
>>
>>82856013
>vriska with garbage tattoo and piercings and a bad haircut
>but less of an irredeemable fucking bitch whore
this is a decision i can't make
>>
>>82855834
>>82855852

most of the people working on it are from his circles which hardly helps

frankly i'm guessing a lot of the writing is going to come off as a bad in-joke. they don't show much evidence of thinking critically about what makes great art instead of praising what your friends do.
>>
>all that (Terezi) and (Vriska) discussion
>no mention of (Karkat) who still had feelings for her and even outruns Kanaya to save her
>>
File: 1438112687828.jpg (159 KB, 670x538) Image search: [Google]
1438112687828.jpg
159 KB, 670x538
>>82856305
hussie wrote vriska to be literal garbage

>did nothing wromg
>>
Calliope said Jade would lose her powers
Caliborn said she still had them
which cherub do I believe
>>
File: hsg snapchat.png (226 KB, 489x867) Image search: [Google]
hsg snapchat.png
226 KB, 489x867
I'm not sure if this is done or not, any suggestions? (Still don't know what to put as the message also)
>>
On the frog platform did Vriska ever shame Terezi for having killed her in the pre-retcon? I seem to recall she did but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>82856311
>most of the people working on it are from his circles which hardly helps
this has basically always been an issue, even in the earliest days he had betelgeuse handling the t-shirt business things instead of, you know, someone hired for reasons other than he knows them personally
>>
>>82856385
>busting makes you feel good ;)
>>
>>82856346
Well that's a whole other fine kettle of fish right there, given the issues the two faced during their time together. Despite clearly having strong feelings for one another, I think they'd end up as close friends, perhaps something red or black depending on their reunion and how open (Karkat) would be willing to be as that was one of the big issues they faced in life together.
>>
>>82854608
Karkat is the Jew of Homestuck.
>>
>>82856013
*8oner*
>>
>>82856355
i thought she was supposed to prove that humans could feel spades by giving everyone black feelings for her
which for me was accurate until act 6
>>
>>82856385
>>82856427
Who you gonna call
>>
>>82856404
Not really. Vriska's attitude was basically "boy, I sure had that coming!"
>>
>>82856209
john cant use retcon powers on things that happen outside of the comic jesus christ.
>>
>>82856560
what didn't happen inside the comic?
>>
>Rogue of Heart is useless, dies horribly
>Rogue of Breath is useless, dies horribly
>Rogue of Void is OP bullshit, only dies to ascend to God-tier and to merge GO timeline with Retcon timeline

So is Rogue a shit class and Void just an OP aspect, or is Rogue + Void combo just awesome?
>>
File: original.png (50 KB, 475x289) Image search: [Google]
original.png
50 KB, 475x289
>>82856493
yes that is accurate

did you enjoy watching all that stuff in the dreambubbles?

did vriska do good??
>>
>>82856560
Then how does he jump to the void space/mspa?

Anyway all he has to do is jump into the troll session at any point in time and he can just fly whoever to their bed
>>
>>82856610
I figure every class has an aspect that makes it a broken combo.
>>
>>82856594
arguments that john can just retcon the kids away after beating lord english in act 7. he can only retcon into the comic because retcon powers only have power over the comic since theyre obviously metafictional. unless andrew hussie literally edits a panel one day to show john and co heading through post-english fight, it didnt happen and they didnt retcon out.
>>
File: john_retcon.png (310 KB, 658x782) Image search: [Google]
john_retcon.png
310 KB, 658x782
>>82856560
He doesn't need to. He can just warp to this page and then warp everyone back out.
>>
>>82856610
Using the non-god tier trolls as the basis of any point about classpects is a waste of breath
>>
>>82856610
I think it's just the combination
for instance, a knight of void would probably be shit, they destroy via nothing. This might end up being an equius case though, where using "nothing" would somehow lead to "insane strength when unarmed" or something though.

I am curious about the lord class. does becoming a lord always mean you get minions with a theme based on your aspect? Would a lord of void have a bunch of little horror terror voidy feltmen? Would a Lord of life have a bunch of nurses at his command?
>>
>>82856465
>(Terezi) will never ship (Karkat) and (Vriska) together, ending the drama once and for all
>>
>>82856675
>John comes back with clay puppets

Did you think this trough
>>
>>82856675
my point is that we have to actually see it in the comic for it to have happened, since that is how retcon powers work. unlike other time/space travel they cannot happen offscreen or affect things that are offscreen.
>>
>>82856686
"nothing" could also used to skip requirements
Destroy with nothing
destroy with
destroy
>>
File: what.png (5 KB, 489x204) Image search: [Google]
what.png
5 KB, 489x204
>>82856716
are you implying they turned into clay when they warped there?
>>
>>82856046
Does anyone have that SMBC edit of Vriska saying "We can time travel directly into the plot hole!"?

>>82856067
Vriska beat up her denizen while completely ignoring what she told her, and refused to let Tavros do his quest. She's not a shining example of a good SBURB player, if such a thing exists.
>>
File: john_retcon2.png (296 KB, 668x747) Image search: [Google]
john_retcon2.png
296 KB, 668x747
>>82856716
how did he get there in the first place without retconning in, then? If he can go there off-screen then he can go there off-screen.
>>
File: nohope.png (724 KB, 684x1700) Image search: [Google]
nohope.png
724 KB, 684x1700
>>82856765
>>
>>82856761
>>82856771
But those aren't the actual characters
those are just Caliborns puppets he made to show how it happened
>>
>>82856716
>>82856761
holy shit the reason we werent shown the betas coming out of the juju was because of how retarded it would have looked to have seen four clay blobs burst out of the door and start brawling with the big man
>>
>>82856126
KUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>82856806
But it still proves he can use his ret-con powers to teleport to events that were never shown.
>>
>>82856806
oh yeah, duh
>>
>>82856806
nahh, those are, for the purposes of retcon abilities, the real characters. the story is just told in a bizarre way
>>
>>82856806
Its like when he conned to homosuck
>>
>>82856610
It seems to be a common feature with the passive classes that you don't see much effective individual use from them given the team based design of sburb. Powers centered around helping others aren't particularly flashy, on top of the non-god tier trolls not really developing their classpects at all it means we just don't know about the potential uses for some combinations of powers. Although it stands to reason that some combinations are better than others, such as Heir of Breath over a Rogue of Breath.
>>
>>82856837
(by which i mean these characters are no more or less real than the representations of themselves in doc scratch's intermission, or in any of the games with totally different artstyles. even though they are made of clay, they are still the 'real' characters and the things they are doing take place in homestuck)
>>
>>82856831
are you saying that Caliborn dug his own grave by showing his Masterpiece, which allowed John to retcon to it?
>>
>>82856951
meant for >>82856837
or anyone really
it's an open question
>>
>>82856703
Eh it could work, (Vriska) needs to regain her mettle without going over the top and (Karkat) needs to calm down and learn to leave the self-hate behind. They can bask in their self-hatred together.
>>
>>82856951
i dont know if that guy is, but im saying that. though he didnt necessarily dig his own grave since it was what led to him becoming lord english. pretty good decision from his point of view.
>>
>>82856980
Only if they come out the house
>>
>>82856997
>>82857009
yeah fair points
>>
>>82856951
Indeed. It's so m e t a!
>>
Vriska sucks

so fucking much
>>
>>82857228
Yea, Ivve nevver met anyone wwho sucks bulge so good
>>
what if Vriska uses the Juju but all that comes out is a bunch of clay figures

then Lord English kills them all
>>
>>82857285
Cringey useless unfunny shitposts like this are why homestuck generals keep getting deleted, you know that right
Thats the closest thing to a purpose it has
>>
File: image.png (370 KB, 1180x868) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370 KB, 1180x868
>>82857349
caliborns master plan
>>
god, why did vriska have to be so HOT
>>
>>82855435
Does he do anything other than pregnant the dog?
if anyone has that pic, could they post it?
>>
File: ghn.png (32 KB, 991x423) Image search: [Google]
ghn.png
32 KB, 991x423
>>
>>82857453
>who fucking knows
yeah pretty much
>>
>>82857453
Cal's Land is literally Earth so they can just rewind time I guess

But yeah who fucking knows, what a garbage fire mess
>>
>>82857425
god, why did vriska have to be so FLAT
>>
>>82857553
flat is life
>>
You guys are putting way more thought into this than Hussie ever did.
>>
>>82857592
that's the most tragic thing I've ever heard
>>
>>82857592
well part of the disappointment is how much thought he used to put into it
>>
>>82857453
EPILOGUE
>>
>>82857667
>epilogue is for explaining what happened
sign
>>
>>82857453
Bittersweet ending, anon. The kids get a happy ,"ending" but their eventual fate is ambiguous

Though Hussie realized that nobody liked this but him, so epilogue
>>
>>82857592
well no
i didn't spend 7 years thinking about it
>>
>>82857695
>intermissions are longer than the actual acts

It's Homestuck
>>
>>82857722
it's not bittersweet just because it's ambiguous
>>
>>82857763
its not just ambiguos its also shit
>>
>>82857722
that wasn't bittersweet, that was lazy, half-assed and confusing
>>
>>82857820
>>82857800
>>82857763
trolled
>>
>>82857839
...what? That wasn't trolling you moron that was a plain stated opinion we don't agree with
>>
>>82857839
jokes on you I was only pretending to be trolled
>>
>>82857695
>thinks there's even going to be an epilogue

reread the newspost, nothing ever says they'll actually BE an epilogue, just something resembling one
>>
>>82857839
but I was trolling too
>>
>>82857877
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Hussie cancels the game, erases MSPA, and just vanishes from the internet forever. Frankly, I hope he does.
>>
>>82857932
he doesn't need to cancel the game to vanish forever
>>
>>82857592
all of hussies formspring questions and notes indicated that he always put a lot of thought into shit like this. much more than most people recognise. even down to obscure and bizarre shit like the 'honk HONK' and 'MEOW' first guardian genetic codes being linked to John's nickname for Karkat 'beep beep meow', given their statuses as the ectobiologists of their sessions. if any person pointed this shit out itd sound like a ridiculous reach, but hussie said it on his formspring. its canon. suffice to say nothing is too retarded to be intended in this comic.
>>
>>82857932
He's showing up at TCAF writing cuck on tampons
He's fucking lost it
>>
>>82856986
>Eh, it could work.
Sounds like Equius, Kanaya or a random human or Troll could fill that slot.

I am just tired of the Karkuck meme and Hussie cuckolding us from Karezi closure.
>>
>>82857932
We were $14,494 from Hussie including a full copy Homestuck with Hiveswap
>>
>>82857975
Does he still draw a crowd at conventions? When I went it was an hour long wait to meet him for 15 seconds
>>
>>82857997
>Hussie cuckolding us from Karezi closure

hurrrr
>>
>>82858054
Will he even appear at conventions anymore? He'd probably get a bucket of spit thrown at him.
>>
Why did DD persuade Aradia to kill Vriska?
>>
>>82858036
I think someone at whatpumpkin said they would do it anyway, but they might have given up on it by now. I'm hoping some form of official Homestuck archive will be available eventually, just so we can get high-quality versions of Collide and Act 7.
>>
>>82858104
last i heard they were bragging about how much writing is gonna be in the game, gonna be interesting to see if they remember they promised the game in five languages
>>
>>82858073
see >>82857975
>>
>>82858163
I don't think that's actually true though, what, he's not doing that
>>
>>82858103
he didn't.
she did it because she wanted to. He just approved of her doing it.
>>
>>82858104
The Godtier hoodies made it clear Hussie has no idea how to do merch. I have ZERO faith he can make any of this shit happen in a cost-effective, timely, or even possible manner.
>>
>>82857997
We had Karezi closure, though, She don't need him.
>>
>>82858192
There are pictures of it
>>
>>82854900
She would have had a better arc
Terezi would have had a better arc
John would have had a better arc
>>
>>82858225
a homestuck archive is easy though, it's literally just monetizing content you've already made

stick it on a disk with some half-assed commentary for select scenes and promote the HD video, also include some collector's edition stickers or some shit to convince people not to pirate it... I'm sure it would sell enough to break even
>>
>>82858308
people don't have arcs
>>
>>82858192
>he didn't see the pics
Pretty sure ipgd convinced him to do it too
>>
>>82858351
Well post the pics then, I am happy to believe he's lost his fucking marbles
>>
>>82858339
Fuck off Dave
>>
File: andrw cuck.jpg (213 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
andrw cuck.jpg
213 KB, 720x1280
>>82858365
>>
>>82858339
Good thing they're characters, not people.
>>
File: 1462938572672.png (100 KB, 1306x906) Image search: [Google]
1462938572672.png
100 KB, 1306x906
I'm at a loss to explain why Hussie thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>82858438
IPGD gets him to write stupid shit, why do we care?
>>
>>82858464
fuck you
>>
File: hussie da man.jpg (371 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
hussie da man.jpg
371 KB, 720x1280
>>82858365
>>
>>82858438
>Hussie calling us all cucks

Should we go beat him up?
>>
>>82858511
we don't

but I wish he would take 10 minutes to clarify the ending instead of writing "cuck" on salt packets
>>
>>82858579
maybe thats all the clarification we need
>>
>>82858575
>His smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>82857997
Well you can find a number of possible recipients to justify it in a number of ways. (Karkat) would probably get the most use out of a moirail, why he didn't get into one with Kanaya is still a sore spot for me. Though in the end it ended up being irrelevant as he's DAOOTS.

I don't think there's much closure to be had in all honesty, the two didn't work romantically but still care for each other given he died trying to save her, if they met up again they'd likely be close friends.
>>
>>82855523
Using memes is a surefire way to ensure that your game will age with the grace of milk.
>>
>>82858579
Um
Those are sugar packets
Thank you
>>
>>82858624
it'll be like the worst localization wept from the saddest weeaboo
>>
>>82858578
A TEEN DIDN'T LIKE ME CALLING HIM A KEK, SO HE CAME AND BEAT ME UP
THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME.
AND BEAR IN MIND THAT ONE TIME, MY COMIC WASN'T MADE A GOOD ENDING. AND I TRAGICALLY LOST MONEY TO A SCAM STUDIO.
>>
File: 1462160641438.png (261 KB, 953x831) Image search: [Google]
1462160641438.png
261 KB, 953x831
>>82858526
Really, I'm at a loss to explain Act 6 in general.
>>
File: best fucking character.png (961 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
best fucking character.png
961 KB, 1500x1500
Why is he so perfect hst?
>>
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/shes8ack/

When you first saw this URL, how did you feel?
>>
File: Hussie Hate.gif (32 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Hussie Hate.gif
32 KB, 650x450
>Calling us all cucks
>>
>>82858762
That's not Act 6 though. That's just A6A6I5.
>>
>>82858261
FUCK YOU

AND FUCK THAT PANEL
>>
>>82858261
But she 'needed' vriska?
>>
File: Despair but also an erection.png (34 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
Despair but also an erection.png
34 KB, 201x160
>>82858809
>>
>>82858809

Nothing, because we already knew it was happening and had known it since the retcon quest started?

If anything, slight disappointment at it being played so straight without any twists as if Hussie didn't expect us to see it coming.

In retrospect, it was a warning sign for the ending.
>>
File: 1460449082041.png (231 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460449082041.png
231 KB, 480x360
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 124

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.