[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the best version of Treasure Island ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Treasure_Planet_poster.jpg (55 KB, 295x436) Image search: [Google]
Treasure_Planet_poster.jpg
55 KB, 295x436
Was this the best version of Treasure Island ever made?
>>
File: 1424812405650.jpg (26 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1424812405650.jpg
26 KB, 333x500
>>82851946
The one at the bottom of the trash can.
>>
>>82851946
Amelia is primo waifu material.
>>
It alright.

Post Amelia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw
>>
File: rf YES YES YES.gif (968 KB, 380x262) Image search: [Google]
rf YES YES YES.gif
968 KB, 380x262
>>82851946
>>
>>82851973
Literally what
>>
>>82851946
Friendly reminder that this movie's terrible marketing campaign is why we didn't have a neo-renaissance of retro sci-fi Disney.
>>
>>82851973
kek
>>
>>82852081
>Disney is the only animation producing company that matters
>>
>>82852098
Kind of, yeah.
>>
>>82852117
Disney agent detected.
>>
>>82851946
Someone post swiss army knife hand man
>>
>>82851973

Someone post the comic where she rapes Jane in the jungle.
>>
I enjoyed the Muppet version.
>>
File: silver.jpg (82 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
82 KB, 736x1104
>>82851946
Shitposteering aside, no. A big part of the source material is the setting, and an invented one tailor-made to the needs of the story can't be compared to a well-used period setting over which a story is successfully and organically fitted.

It's a good, formally impressive movie, and the coming-of-age business and character relationships are mostly well adapted, but it cannot possibly be considered the best version.
>>
>>82851946
No, because ironically once it introduced the idea of a space = sea and planets = islands needling down to a journey towards a planet with a lot of treasure seemed pretty fucking boring.

I was hyped for most everything else, enjoyed the characters and all that but the end goal and pay off feels like a let down. Let this be a lesson, if you expand your horizon expand your scope. No one wants to travel the world and look down a narrow lens all day. Feels like you're being gypped.
>>
>>82852388
I'm intrigued
>>
>>82852709
What's wrong with exploring space?
>>
>>82852661
>>82852709
Nah you're both fucking ididots. The movie was perfectly fine, piss off.
>>
>>82852901
Just woke up so I poorly worded that, I'm saying the space exploration made the premise extremely interesting for me initially but the fact despite this promising premise it waters down to just this one planet with a lot of shiny metal is what put me off.

They should have realized they had a great foundation for their own space faring concept with some homages to Treasure Island but scrapped trying to stick to the limited direction of Treasure Island directly.

It's like if a friend says they want you to come on a road trip and given the route they're taking it seems like an adventure, but really they meant they're going to pass all the sights to visit their rich relatives private estate in a place you couldn't really give a shit about just to collect about 100 bucks or so and then you don't even go anywhere interesting on the way back, you fell asleep and wake up in the drive way back home.

I mean goddamn, why even leave? I don't care about this guy's money.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.