[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
serious question... so... Floppies have no value whatsoever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: black-panther-cover-0d822.jpg (311 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
black-panther-cover-0d822.jpg
311 KB, 900x1384
serious question...

so... Floppies have no value whatsoever in 2016? Even if it was the first edition?
>>
The one you posted sure won't thanks to lootcrate. Some do. I sold my New 52 Batman #1 for $100 the other day, for instance. I believe the Edge of Spider-Verse issue that introduced Spider-Gwen is crazy high too.
>>
>>82843855
where'd you sell them?
>>
>>82843895
not him, but ebay. check sold listings to get a reasonable estimate value
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1024x724
I think first appearances still do alright.

Only reason I'm holding onto my Edge of Spider-verse floppies is the Spider-Gwen popularity. And I genuinely like Sp//dr
>>
>>82844114
will the new batman #1 rebirth will worth keeping?
>>
File: Edge_of_Spider-Verse_Vol_1_2.jpg (243 KB, 842x1280) Image search: [Google]
Edge_of_Spider-Verse_Vol_1_2.jpg
243 KB, 842x1280
Very few have since at least the 90s when speculators started buying shit just to sell it. Best you'll get is stuff like Edge of Spider-verse #2 where it was a first appearance but they had no idea how big the character would blow up, or an indie book #1 that no one's ever heard of at the beginning but blows up huge eventually like Walking Dead. New 52 #1s was a one time thing because no one was expecting such a turn out for the relaunch. Now stores get plenty, even though the relaunches keep selling less and less.
>>
Honestly, depends on what's hot at the moment. Walking Dead #1 sold for $10,000 and that's a pretty big number for a recentish comic.

But if you're looking at comics as an investment opportunity, you're better off investing in VHS.
>>
>>82844249
Depends on how well the run is received, but I can guarantee it'll be worth more than the $3 you'll pay for it now (or 6 if you're picking up the Rebirth special and the new #1 I guess, not sure which will be more popular) if you're looking to speculate. Not a large investment at all so why not.
>>
>>82844844
I saw that report on Yahoo. I think it would need to be factory wrapped to get a good price. The film can so easily fudge up. That said I've an original 1995 ECW video I hope to retire off.
>>
>>82843787
It's all supply and demand. If the first issue has some fairly low sales and the series becomes very popular for whatever reason, then the price can be high. If it is something which is obviously selling many copies of, then there will be tons of it out there.

Given that anything highly popular will be selling a lot and anything relatively obscure will likely remain obscure, it's mostly a guessing game at what will skyrocket in popularity.

As >>82843855 points out, first appearances can sell reasonably well if the character becomes popular enough.
>>
>>82843787
They can have value, but not for long. Last week some guy mentioned selling some Gwenpool variants for a few hundred dollars, but he was very aware of the fact that they won't be worth cover price in a year. I remember the Joker's Daughter Villain's Month issue was selling for a lot because an error caused them to not ship enough and people thought it was rare. Sometimes you can get lucky with #1's, variants, and first appearances that not many people buy, but if you want to make a profit the last thing you should do is hold on to a comic that's selling for a lot. It'll just get less valuable with time. I guess in theory you could hold on to it in the hopes that your grandkids will be able to get more from it, but I doubt that's what you want.
>>
>>82844760
wait, is it a good time to sell Gwen?
>>
>>82845946

I bought my slabbed 9.8 Spider-Verse 2 for $150 3 months ago. Looks like she's holding for about $170 on ebay right now.

So unless that make a movie with her anytime soon, its probably the peak.
>>
>>82846148
I just have one bagged and boarded
how much you think I could get?
>>
>>82844844
>investing in VHS.

I got pre-1997 boxset of the original Star Wars trilogy, but it has Finnish subtitles. Should I try to sell it now or hang on to it a few more decades?
>>
>>82847642
Tell your grandchildren to sell it when they have kids
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.