[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comic relaunch uses the original team, except for Songbird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15
File: notamused.jpg (19 KB, 282x449) Image search: [Google]
notamused.jpg
19 KB, 282x449
>comic relaunch uses the original team, except for Songbird and Zemo that got graduated to Avenger and event villain
>cartoon used the original team
>lego game used the original team
>cancelled Disney mobile game used Zemo, Songbird and Fixer
>MCU so far used the original or most popular version of the teams
>lol MCU Thunderbolts should be Zemo, Rulk + unrelated characters
>>
>>82839089
It's just cause it's hard to imagine them to introduce all the necessary characters to get the original Thunderbolts and to properly capture their feel in an all-satisfying way.
Not necessarily what people 'want', just working with what they were given with.
>>
>>82839089
stop doing daily thunderbolts threads that less than 7 people will reply because there are no news or even a hint on a movie about thunderbolts, you just have the comic be happy there is that.
>>
>>82839089
>lol MCU Thunderbolts should be Zemo, Rulk + unrelated characters
who says this?
>>
>>82839281
AoShitters
>>
>>82839196
How many times will Anons say "it'll never work" to an MCU movie, then it works
>>
>>82842289

Until the movie is released and we pretend that we were always hype for it.

You should know the drill by now.

Honestly though I'm having a hard time picturing this one really working as things are at the moment. They'll need to do a shit ton of build up.
>>
>>82842393
It's really no different than Suicide Squad, which previously established 0 of it's main characters.
>>
>>82839089
>>lol MCU Thunderbolts should be Zemo, Rulk + unrelated characters

I'm sure Bucky will be leading the team.
They didn't put him in the new comic for nothing
>>
>>82842590

Squad doesn't need to establish it's characters as a concept. They're a government-centric team.

You don't need to know anything about any of them because the concept is what runs it. They're C-List nobodies thrown together to be cannon-fodder.

The Thunderbolts is quite a bit more. You need to set them up as heroes first, you need to show who the Masters of Evil are, you have actual motivation beyond "bomb in neck"

It's going to be hard to set up in a movie.
>>
>>82843691
only with those with a limited imagination. There's nothing about Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy that makes it inherently easier to introduce characters than Thunderbolts
>>
>>82839089
Making the new hero team bad guys in disguise will not work in adaptation. Instead they would need to do unique members that use names of main hero types in standard series which are secretly someone else and infiltrate someone else's movie like the Osborne Thunderbolts. Like Like a team of "Black Knight", "Machine Man", "Spaceknight" "Ms. Marvel", "Hercules", and "Syrin".
>>
>>82839089
Don't worry anon.
Gunn will make sure all is right with the world.
>>
>>82844164
>putting the twist above everything else even though that was only a small part of what made Thunderbolts work
No.
>>
There's literally no point in doing it if it's not the classic team
>>
>>82843691
The cartoon did the whole arc in 60 minutes of runtime. You are overthinking this a lot.
>>
I don't get why people keep saying that you need to introduce the T-Bolts before their film and keep resorting to living MCU villains.
It's not like that BIG TWIST won't be spoiled when people see the casting of the film.
>>
>>82844628
It's not like they won't give away the twist in the trailer. I mean, there's no way to sell the film without telling people the twist.
>>
>>82844976
>>82845030
Yeah and even comic readers jumping onto the ongoing mid-run didn't get the benefit of the shock because it's such a big selling point. Only first issue readers and kids watching Avengers Assemble would have experienced it, can't pretend like it's the main draw. Every clickbait article will tell the normies right after the movie is announced.
>>
File: perplexed.jpg (21 KB, 300x487) Image search: [Google]
perplexed.jpg
21 KB, 300x487
>>82839089
Post your face when it was revealed in Avengers Assemble
That thunderbolts were really villains
>>
They've already fizzed away Zemo in the MCU. Osborn's Bolts is the better option.
>>
>>82845461
Captain Slovakia
>>
File: 1463104345438.png (629 KB, 845x707) Image search: [Google]
1463104345438.png
629 KB, 845x707
>>82845461
What are you nuts?
They've established Zemo as a man who can fuck with the Avengers. Once he gets out he'll have all the cred he needs to get a Thunderbolts Squad together. He can even use the Purple Sock Mask and sword as his "Superhero" Persona. Call himself "The Baron". Then when he gets revealed, everyone'll just start calling him Baron Zemo.
>>
>>82845550
Sokovia.
>>
>>82845461
He was fine and pretty easy to evolve into megalomania if that's your concern.
>>
At least Moonstone is gone. I fucking hate Moonstone. She was a cunt since before she was even Moonstone.

She had a chance to become a real hero but she had to go and fuck with her gem and the Kree High Intelligence.

And fuck Norman Osborn. Green fucking Goblin. Whoop-de-fucking-do. He's a nigger who was an asstwat that took what the Thunderbolts was about and trashed it. Literally none of his Thunderbolts were villains trying to reform except Songbird who was reformed anyway.

Techno was kind of a shit too but he made up his fucking mind and became a hero. Shame he went fucking pigbald after he came back. OG Techno is better than I Robot Techno which is vastly better than pigbald.

Ideally, Thunderbolts would be led by Citizen V (Baron Zemo) and contain Atlas (Josten), Songbird, MACH-1, Charcoal, Jolt (Before Downs Syndrome), Hawkeye, Techno (with hair), and maybe have a few of the other temporary Thunderbolts tag in sometimes. Like Smuggler, that giga nigga mecha Beetle, Scream, Skein, whatever.

As long as Moonstone is fucking raped by the Super-Apes, I don't give a god damn about her. Fucking assblasted cunt I hope Speedball punches her so hard he turns back into Speedball instead of Captain Crawling in my Skin.

Scourge would be cool to have show up too. Jackoff Monroe Scourge, I mean. He was literally the coolest part of that whole nanomachines shit. Fuck Gyrich and fuck Moonstone. I hope the Element Men rape her until she fucking implodes so she can join her butt-buddy Graviton in the black hole implosion that is her own asshole. What a fucking slut. She should've died poor just like her mom. Fucking Becky.

Also don't make Abe a nigger.
>>
>>82842789

Which Bucky is in the new comic?

Bucky Bucky or Jack Monroe Bucky?

Or dare I hope Counter-Earth Bucky?
>>
>>82839196
>it's hard to imagine them to introduce all the necessary characters to get the original Thunderbolts
Atlas in Ant-man & Wasp
Moonstone in Captain Marvel
Mach-I/Beetle in Spider-man: Homecoming
Fixer in Infinity War pt. 1, working with Zemo who goes full Masters of Evil
Songbird as first scene villain in the Thunderbolts movie itself, like Batroc and Crossbones were, except gets recruited instead of imprisoned.

There ya' go. Not hard at all.
>>
>>82839196
You can introduce Tbolta in the same movie, all you need to know is that they are villains, everything else sorts itself out.
>>
>>82839089
Because you're implying people in this shithole other than you, me, and a handful of other anons have actually read classic Thunderbolts. At most, they'd have flipped through the wiki article for Rulk era Thunderbolts.

Fuck man, we had people that actually wanted a note for note adaptation of Civil War because it's their first event. I don't think they realise how lucky we are the movie was related to Civil War in name only.
>>
File: TBOLTS2016002010-col-CMY-d8071.jpg (515 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
TBOLTS2016002010-col-CMY-d8071.jpg
515 KB, 900x1367
>>82848079
>At least Moonstone is gone
>>
>>82839762
And moviebob
>>
>>82843691
You don't need to do Masters of Evil first, just to introduce the individual members in different movies and establish that they're kinda shit.
>>
>>82845461
>MUH SOCK
>>
>>82848079
The more you talk the more it sounds like the movie would HAVE to have Moonstone, since she elicits such a strong emotional reaction.
>>
File: jay.jpg (30 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
30 KB, 440x500
>>82845410
>Songbird was the only one that didn't revert into the villain costume when they were arguing

Subtle
>>
>>82850741
She's the second most evil person on the original team. Who else would have Zemo's back?
>>
File: Banner Ruffalo.png (164 KB, 354x252) Image search: [Google]
Banner Ruffalo.png
164 KB, 354x252
>>82839089
MCU is a hero-centric universe
MCU doesn't want to explore the "heroism" of villains
MCU has no reason to "imiitate" DCCU

There won't be a Thunderbolts
Get over it.
>>
>>82850864
I bet you thought GotG would flop and Ant-Man wouldn't get a sequel too.
>>
The only good Thundebolts are Troll and Kubiak
>>
>>82850864
pretty decent bait here
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>82850882
Nope, I thought both would do amazingly, even with Ant-Man's Director controversy.

MCCU Avengers is a lot like the early squabbling Avengers, where they are still in the phase of recruiting shady or even villainous members. (Lang and Wanda in this case, and half the team helping Winter Soldier).

Tonally, there's simply no call for a shadowy team made up of villains when the morality and legality of the Avengers themselves is up for question.

Thematically the Thunderbolts work in a universe thriving with established teams and respected public heroes, not in one where the one active team is renegade.
>>
File: Freeze.png (1 MB, 820x528) Image search: [Google]
Freeze.png
1 MB, 820x528
Suicide Squad on the other hand is a perfect hail mary for the DCCU because the villains are the only part of Warner's films that hold anyone's interest at all.

With SS, they are putting their best foot forward, keeping the Heroes one-dimensional antagonists for the villain team.
>>
>>82850945
Unless they are officially sanctioned Anti-Vengers.
Which is like half a day's work for Zemo.
>>
File: Winning.jpg (35 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
Winning.jpg
35 KB, 550x500
>>82851005
>Unless they are officially sanctioned Anti-Vengers.

That is a silly as fuck concept at this point in the Avengers storyline. The Avengers are full of shadowy assassins, ex-villains, a literal monster, a destructive God and with Ant-Man an ex-con.

The Anti-Vengers would be a clean-cut squad of by-the-book team players.
>>
Stop replying the avatarfag.
>>
>>82851054
You really don't know what "Avatar" means, do you?
>>
File: WWMax.png (56 KB, 200x162) Image search: [Google]
WWMax.png
56 KB, 200x162
Similarly, a Justice League Dark would be pretty stupid for the DCCU, because it's Justice League is already shaping up to be pretty goddamn Dark, all they need is for Wonder Woman to join in on the necksnappering and batmanslaughter.
>>
>>82843691
>The Thunderbolts is quite a bit more. You need to set them up as heroes first, you need to show who the Masters of Evil are, you have actual motivation beyond "bomb in neck"
The Masters of Evil play only slightly into the first parts of Thunderbolts.
>>
>>82851041
I mean a team that is pitted against the Avengers by the government because they can control them, unlike the Avengers.
So we can have their initial publicity stunts and showboating.
>>
File: 1456166917043.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456166917043.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>82850864
>There won't be a Thunderbolts
>>
>>82843691
>Avengers are all off world hunting for Infinity Stones
>A meta human threat emerges, Sokovia people get desperate and create the Thunderbolt Program, Zemo was a douche but is ultimately a controllable variable and proven mastermind, have him lead a team of capture enhanced to handle the threat, worst case scenario they all die, taking that into consideration play them up as heroes so when they die they can be martyrs

the shit writes itself, no prior continuity needed
>>
>>82851135
>Sokovia people get desperate and create the Thunderbolt Program
You fucked up here.
>>
File: Luthor.jpg (6 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.jpg
6 KB, 185x185
>>82851105
Anyone who could feasibly oppose the Hulk and Thor would be exactly as uncontrollable as the Avengers, if not more so, because the Avengers have a moral code.

Just having anyone who can match Tony or T'Challa's resourcefulness on the team is going to make any technological attempts to collar them futile.

Face it, Villain Comics are for jaded comic fans who've grown tired of the circular and uninspired stories of Batman or Spider-Man thwarting Villain X for the 50th time.

The fandom driving the MCCU aren't bored or jaded with the heroic adventure stuff, because Marvel Studios has really made a huge effort to invest audiences into their heroes. Fuck, they have made FALCON a pretty great guy.
>>
Never read a Thunderbolts comic ever before. Please recommend some good stuff?
>>
>>82851153
not the country of Sokovia, I meant the Sokovi Accords pro registration government powers
>>
>>82851135
Bullshit. They are US-funded, if anything.
Sokovia isn't mad like that. And if they want anything, it's less capes making trouble.
>>
>>82851187
Double that for Zemo, who headshotted the first supers he had the opportunity to kill.
>>
>>82851187
>>82851170
>funded by anything
If it's Zemobolts they really shouldn't be. I could see them combine Parkerbolts/Ellisbolts and Zemobolts though.
>>
>>82851165
Everything but the ones with Rulk
>>
>>82851233
>forgetting about the travesty that is Fightbolts
Rulk's Thunderbolts don't even compare.
>>
>>82851233
>>82851256
Come on guys, give me something definitive here. I'm pretty intent on a heavy reading session and thunderbolts seems like just the thing.
>>
>>82851314
Avengers: Under Siege
Thunderbolts #1-75
Avengers/Thunderbolts
New Thunderbolts
Thunderbolts #100-109
Baron Zemo: Born Better
Thunderbolts #110-121
T-Bolts: Breaking Point
T-Bolts: International Incident
Penance: Relentless
Thunderbolts #122-175
>>
>>82851376
Thank you kind anon.
>>
Reminder that one of the roles they offered for Scarlett before she settled for Black Widow was Moonstone.
>>
>>82851376
Add Dark Avengers #179- to the list
>>
>>82850907
I don't have daughteruthreads.jpg to hand
>>
>>82851158
And now you're undermining your own argument. Thunderbolts is a story about redemption, of the "villains" rising above their base nature and carving themselves a second chance. There's nothing jaded about it, the Suicide Squad thread is that way ->.
Something with an inspiring message like that is right up the MCU's alley, especially since they'd get to give the characters closure instead of reverting them back 10 years down the line because the latest fanboy writer has some bizarre nostalgia boner for Z-list villains being villains. Plus they'd fit right into the timeline snug as a bug, since a big event's coming up where most of the old Avengers cast will get written off and, low and behold, the first movie slot after it has just been opened up.
>>
>>82851158
>Fuck, they have made FALCON a pretty great guy.

>he never read Madbomb

Go back to shit up DC movie threads, fuccboi.
>>
File: 1404517775057.jpg (65 KB, 354x451) Image search: [Google]
1404517775057.jpg
65 KB, 354x451
>>82850687
>movieblob
>>
>>82848595
I agree except Songbird could easily be introduced as a scientist working with Klaw who seemingly 'dies' in a Vibranium explosion and then in the after credits scene wakes up with like glowing eyes or something.
>>
>>82848131
Bucky Bucky. He's acting as a father figure for the little girl cosmic cube.
>>
>>82850687
That man is very easy to hate
>>
>>82848079
>Hating on my waifu
There is a special place in hell for people like you.
>>
>>82848595
Can they use Songbird? Isn't she a mutie?
>>
>>82848079
Need to have Troll and Hyde duo as occasional walk on characters.
>>
>>82850411
Honestly Moonstone should just get put on a regular team at this point. Yeah she is a mercenary bitch but as long as she isn't being forced to pretend to be good she is actually quite reliable. Just hire her for a decent salary and be done with it, like how when he was in charge of SHIELD Steve Rogers had the idea to simply hire Taskmaster as an Avenger.
>>
>>82853182
No, she is a cyborg
>>
>>82853385
Karla would bail on the team the moment the first world ending threat appear to join it, she isn't like Taskmaster that has a honor code.
>>
File: mcuzemo.jpg (81 KB, 582x828) Image search: [Google]
mcuzemo.jpg
81 KB, 582x828
When?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.