[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /co/ thinks about Jumanji: the animated series? htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Jumanji_TAS.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Jumanji_TAS.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
Why does /co/ thinks about Jumanji: the animated series? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZZKEJXz9U
>>
>>82836797
Superb intro and outro frame the essence of Jumanji's horror and wonder perfectly, relatively good atmosphere when the kids shut up long enough to let scenes sink in, interesting plots and domino effect situations, seldom satisfying conclusions (it's a half hour cartoon that needs to soft reset before the next ep afterall), often terrible morals.
>>
File: 526x297-hRM.jpg (19 KB, 526x297) Image search: [Google]
526x297-hRM.jpg
19 KB, 526x297
I don't understand the appeal of the character design. The MAIN characters in particular.
Villains and side characters are actually better looking.

Why is there a parking lot between some characters' eyes and their nose?
Why are everyone's eyes so far apart?
>>
>>82837333
maybe they tried to imitate the nickelodeon weird style?
>>
I didn't even know Jumanji had an animated series til I saw this thread.
>>
Downloaded and watched it recently. It's pretty darn good.

>>82837523
Klasky-Csupo tried to imitate itself? Cosmic.
>>
>>82837688
>what's-his-name monkey man doesn't know his clue to solve
>he's stuck in the game forever until he solves his clue
>the gang makes it to the mysterious as fuck temple where all the original clues are generated
>so much goddamn mystery and excitedment
>it all explodes or whatever and returns to status quo

I was so fucking pissed as a kid
>>
>>82836797
I was the show I waited patiently to end so that I could watch Pokemon.
>>
>>82836797
This was a thing?
>>
I don't think I ever watched it, too scary for me. Saw commercials for it all the time though.
>>
>>82837333
I feel like depending on the show, Klasky-Csupo looked really good, like Ah Real Monsters, Duckman at times, or Rugrats and then it would look totally shitty, like this or Rocket Power.
>>
made by the creator who made squirrel boy
>>
This was my jam when I was a kid, somewhat different to the movie, but that's how all movie cartoons are.
>>
>>82841067
If it makes you feel any better, they did eventually use a crystal ball of some sort to look into the past and see what his clue was.
>>
>>82837142
Pretty much this.
>>
I remember it very fondly, I really liked it back when I was a child, Ill probably marathon it sometime soon.
thank you for the heads up OP, I had forgotten.
>>
>>82836797
cool beans

also good hairstyles
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.