[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>CIVIL WAR II #5 (OF 7) >BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: cwii-05-final-182793.jpg (204 KB, 655x994) Image search: [Google]
cwii-05-final-182793.jpg
204 KB, 655x994
>CIVIL WAR II #5 (OF 7)
>BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A)
>Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
>B&W VIRGIN CONNECTING VARIANT F COVER BY KIM JONG GI
>VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO
>CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO

>The devastating fallout from the first half of this event is enormous and being felt in every corner of the Marvel Universe. The truth about Ulysses’ future-seeing power is revealed and it is a game changer. Sides are irrevocably drawn and the gauntlet is thrown for the biggest battle in Marvel Universe history. And that’s just the stuff we can tell you. All this, and the story goes galactic!

So it'll only take 5 issues for the titular war to begin huh
>>
>>82831930
Then what are all the tie-ins published before issue 5 gonna be about?
>>
>>82832093
Deadpool
>>
>biggest battle in Marvel Universe history
But what about Infinity War? Or Secret Wars? Annihilation?
>>
>>82832128
It's a Bendis book, Anon.
>>
>>82832150
It's marketing, they exagerate stuff all the time
>>
Looks gay af desu senpai
>>
>>82832150
I think Infinity War wins simply because of what happened in it.

>>82832166
So Miles is going to be fucking everywhere.
>>
>>82832228
Will Miles be the new moral center of the Marvel universe?
>>
>>82831930
>The truth about Ulysses’ future-seeing power
It better be something better than reality warper unconsciously manipulating the future
>>
>>82831930
>look at all Those movies characters! And a mutant
Also i love that beast screaming
>>
I wish Marvel would stop handing major events to the guy who disregards continuity.
>>
>>82832281
Somehow it feel like that's what they're trying.
I honestly can't help but feel that what's happening with Peter is Marvels attempt to get rid of him.

I'd be ok with Miles in 616 if we had more of Peter mentoring him, like Miles going to him for advice from time-to-time.
But we don't.
Though we're like three issues in and Peter has atleast shown up. Black Cat has put a hit out on Miles so hopefully we'll have some Peter in upcoming issues.
>>
Is this shit any good or is it just Minority Report with heroes fighting with each other?
>>
>>82832476

I do like Ewing running around trying to patch it up as best he can
>>
>>82832560
>Is this shit any good

It didn't even start yet
>>
>>82832572
He even explained where Thanos got those giant guns from
>>
>>82832560
Hasn't started yet. zero chapter comes out Wednesday.
>>
>>82832560
>just Minority Report with heroes fighting with each other?
Yes.
>>
File: Ultimates (2015-) 007-016.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates (2015-) 007-016.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82832598
Shi'ar guard, they also say anything coming out of the portal would be weakened by it.
>>
File: Civil War Bingo Update1.png (561 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Bingo Update1.png
561 KB, 1308x954
>>82831930
I wonder how full this will be by the end
>>
>>82832846
Based on this solicit, things are looking good for top left corner.
>>
>>82832846
>LOOK THE INHUMANS
Needs to be filled.
The X-Men is confirmed to not get filled, and whoever made this was an idiot to put it on the same column as "Beast blames Cyclops" when those 2 contradict each other.
>>
>>82832402
Thing is there too. Is the big guy wth the shaved head supposed to be Absorbing Man?
>>
>>82833679

i'm still butthurt about the handful of /pol/ squares
>>
>>82833679
>x-men is confirmed to be be filled
No for me, unless they take part in the main book and no just a tie-in then they arent part of the big conflict.

>>82833815
Is luke cage
>>
>>82833948
>Is luke cage
... why is he grey and twice his size?
>>
>>82833979
Why are bad artist bad ?
>>
>>82833937
Yeah, we could have had actual fun with this and put in things like "Hawkeye gets horribly injured" and "Someone says 'what would you have me do'"

But unfortunately, those are things that you'd actually have to read Bendis books to understand why they should be included, and /tv/ is incapable of reading comics so here we are.
>>
>>82833948
They are in the big brawl that takes place in zero which is the first book of the main book.
>>
I don't keep up with Marvel comics
But I would like to read Civil War 2
Reading order?
Also, what are the teams?
>>
>>82834146
You fool
>>
>>82831930
5 Bucks says Ulysses' future-seeing power is bullshit and he's actually manipulating the future timeline from the present, thus making everyone in this event look like bigger idiots than they already are...
>>
>>82834146
The Road to Civil War II comics are Invincible Iron Man by Brian Michael Bendis for Team Iron man and The Ultimates by Al Ewing for Team Captain Marvel.

Then the #0 issue comes out next week. We don't know what the reading order for the actual event is yet since it hasn't started.

That said, man, CWII is probably going to be an awful clusterfuck, so I don't know why you'd want to jump in specifically for it. But hey, Ewing's Ultimates is one of the best things Marvel is putting out right now, so at the very least your interest in CWII will get you to read that.
>>
>>82832093
Them sitting around talking

Seriously, that's what it'll be about.
Senseless fighting and talking until people decide where they want to be.
>>
>>82834606
>Invincible Iron Man by Brian Michael Bendis
But that has nothing to do with Civil War II other than the fact that Rhodey is in it
>>
So what are they fighting about this time?
>>
>>82834724
It's Minority Report

Carol wants to use the new inhuman guy to look into the future and stop crimes before they're committed
Tony says no

What we DON'T know is that none of this actually happens and it's all just one big vision Ulysses has and they wasted all this for nothing because Bendis would definitely do Age of Ultron and Last Will again
>>
>>82834702
I stopped reading it after the first arc. I just assumed since it has "Road to Civil War II" plastered all over it and it's being written by the same guy that's writing CWII that it would be a proper lead-in.
>>
>>82834764
Third times the charm.
>>
>>82834764
>"it was all a dream!" Summer event
Oh god please i can only pray for something so dumb
>>
>>FCBD show Shulk and Rhodey die
>>Issue 0 takes place before they die.
>>Issue 1 takes place before and after they die.
>>Issue 2 is Tony kidnapping Ulysess
>>Issue 3 is Hulk throwing a tantrum
>>Issue 4 is sides drawn
>>Issue 5 is final battle

This is just a mess.
>>
Looking forward to Galactus showing up honestly. Bendis writing Galactus? It's like a dream.
>>
>>82834980
Issue 5 is first battle
>>
>>82832402
>le movie "synergy" conspiracy
Fuck off already
>>
>>82834980
A decompressed mess
>>
>>82835251
>conspiracy

Are you an idiot? It's not like the tried to hide that or anything, why else do you think this is even being made?
>>
>>82831930
>>Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
BASED GOD RETURNS!!!
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23732/1232350-daredevil500coverspread.jpg
>>
>>82835251
No, YOU fuck off, you know I am right
>>
>>82835251
shill pls
>>
>>82835251
Drone detected, or did you already forget "OGA CHAK OGA CHAKA"
>>
>>82834302
I bet it's more going to be that he's evil and that he picks and chooses what visions of the futures he "sees" so as best to manipulate the heroes int going down the path he wants so he can become an evil overlord or whatever.
>>
>>82831930
Is that Vivisector on the right?
>>
>>82831930
>The truth about Ulysses’ future-seeing power is revealed and it is a game changer
That doesn't sound ominous at all!
>>
>>82832546
>I honestly can't help but feel that what's happening with Peter is Marvels attempt to get rid of him.
I wish them luck. This is like the 90s where DC tried to replace Bruce with Azrael. Though in their fairness it was a ploy to make people want Bruce back and give the finger to the 90s anti-hero trend.
>>
>>82832166
A Bendis book?
>>
Why did Bendis have to go to shit. I liked Ultimate Spider-Man pre-ultimatum
>>
>>82839621
Because he can do whatever he wants and he writes like 8 books at once
>>
>>82839621
He got lucky with one run and coasted off that success ever since.
>>
I know next to nothing about this event, other than something about being Marvel's Minority Report. What's the plot so far? Is it any good? I want to assume not, but I'm asking anyway.
>>
>>82839621
Because he realize that he can still be top selling without putting any effort into it.
>>
>>82843274
>What's the plot so far?
see >>82834764

>Is it any good?
The FCBD issue was awful, #0 is coming out in a couple days, the general plot is awful, the solicits are awful, and the fact that they shat it out in time for the movie is awful.
The only thing I give them credit for is their honesty in admitting they shat out this event so they could have something by the movie.
>>
>>82843594
That's disappointing. I'll avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>82839557
As in a book that is written by Bendis?
>>
>>82843785
You should definitely read it on /co/ and laugh at it with us
>>
>>82832343

Let me guess, he's purposely trying to start conflict like this, and rather than stuff happening, he makes it happen.
>>
>>82831930
Make your predictions:

>Scarlet Witch will do something stupid, and cause a lot of people to die/disappear
>Miles Morales will be the voice of reason
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.