[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Comic Book Bucky? I'm reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 295919-49583-bucky-barnes.jpg (39 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
295919-49583-bucky-barnes.jpg
39 KB, 400x566
What's your opinion on Comic Book Bucky? I'm reading Brubaker's cap run and I've become fascinated with him.
>>
>>82831485
I liked Buckycaps Avengers. My favorite lineup
>>
Love him, one of my favorite Marvel characters. I'm shocked he's still around and in decent stuff post-Bru
>>
Captain America with a gun just makes sense.
>>
>>82831656
>Buckybolts
>decent
>>
>>82831485
Bucky>Steve
>>
>>82831485
I mean, I didn't read Bucky during the 40s or whatever before he was revived by Brubaker but I love the Winter Soldier and when he took the mantle of Captian America. I haven't kept up with him recently except for the Avengers Standoff stuff.
>>
>>82831727

1. 1 issue
2. I meant by and large

tho the Kot ongoing was basically just an art showcase
>>
Top notch, I was sad he was given the shaft before he became totally accepted as Cap. Super weird the exact same thing happened to Dick as Batman.
>>
>>82831485
Read "Bitter March" as well, it's a really neat miniseries.
>>
>>82831485
I like him better than MCU Bucky but then again MCU Bucky just barely was allowed to have a personality.
>>
>>82832317
Fraction of all people killed him and Bru made it so he wasn't dead.

Bendis obviously wasn't keen on him for some reason, he had the Future Avengers kids shit talk him for doing something bad he was going to do in a plot thread that was never picked up on, he also had characters tell Steve that he was the only Cap for them in front of Bucky, and when Bucky is fighting and drops his shield Luke picks it up and gives it to Steve.

Although that blockimg Ares' axe and shooting Ares in the face moment was good.
>>
>>82832592

>Fraction of all people killed him and Bru made it so he wasn't dead.

That was always the plan, Fear Itself just made the "death" happen in an event.
>>
What is even happening right now in this fucking plot
>>
>having to outright state comic book version on the comic book and cartoons board
THE MUNICIPALITY OF THIS BOARD
>>
>>82833710
To be fair, a very popular and topical film in which the movie version of this very character was a core focal point has been out for about 2 weeks in the US
>>
Brubaker did Buck pretty dang well.
>>
I liked both BuckyCap and DickBats a lot, they were examples of how to properly do legacy characters. I was disappointed by how fast the status quo was reverted.
>>
>>82831485
He was my favorite character under Brubaker. Writers that came after that don't really know what to do with the him.
>>
>>82831485
I've been reading Brubakers run and while I think that the Winter Soldier thing is probably one of the best retcons ever, I think it's kinda of funny he went from the standard kid sidekick into being a hardcore operator who did all the dirty shit Cap couldn't do.
>>
File: Bucky Cap Hearts Guns.png (574 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Bucky Cap Hearts Guns.png
574 KB, 500x700
BuckyCap had his moments.
>>
>>82831683
I laughed every time they did the WHAT THE FUCK CAPTAIN AMERICA SHOT ME gag

BuckyNat never made sense to me though
>>
>>82834290
>Russian slut
>Not jumping on Cap's glorious dick
She is a slut
>>
File: Bucky Cap.jpg (15 KB, 185x228) Image search: [Google]
Bucky Cap.jpg
15 KB, 185x228
>>
I like that this is basically a 42 issue story, and it might even continue
>>
Zemo trolling the shit out of him was my favorite arc.
>>
Retroactively racist for having a while male as Captain America.
>>
>>82834619
Having a what while male as captain America?
>>
>>82834290
Really? BuckyNat is my favorite couple. Soviet Sweethearts and all that.
>>
>>82834177
Spider-sense aiming and agility with a gun would be unstoppable now that I think about it
>>
>>82834290
I liked the guilty mental patient assassins pairing. I like it even more now that he remembers and she doesnt.
>>
>>82834857
>>82834897
They definetly had some sweet moments I just can't get over the huge retcon of Bucky and Nat knowing each other since the Cold War and her never mentioning it.
>>
>>82834177
Is spiderwoman's power looking like a hooker in every frame?
>>
The only BuckyCap thing I remember is his thing with Batroc the Leaper. Which was fucking awesome.

>>82838529
That's just the phermones talking.
>>
>>82831485
Love me some bucky cap. Brubakerso run was full of so many great things.

However I'll second that "The Bitter March" is a fantastic Winter Soldier story.
WA on full kill mode for a few issues and it's excellent.
>>
Probably my favorite Marvel Character. Maybe tied with Kaine and muh woofu Chat.
>>
File: 1462750645075.jpg (23 KB, 720x336) Image search: [Google]
1462750645075.jpg
23 KB, 720x336
>oh
I wasn't aware there was this much love for Bucky cap.
>>
>>82839238
You'd think everyone hated him they way editorial has been treating him since Brubaker left
>>
>>82831612
What was the lineup?
>>
>>82839992
Marvel kind of didn't know what to do with Bucky.... I mean, his story arc was complete, and yet they clearly knew he was a great character.

Now, they've got him in space or some shit, right?
>>
>>82840603
he's in Thunderbolts being poorly drawn and poorly written
>>
>>82834883
I can't think of a powerset that wouldn't be better by also carrying a gun as a backup at least
>>
>>82840695
At least him and Kobik is kinda cute together. Still though I like the short-hair domino mask look he had in the comics, but they dumped thati n the name of /synergy/.
>>
>>82834883
RIP Best Spider.
>>
File: Captain America V5 #610 - Page 7.jpg (401 KB, 1280x1941) Image search: [Google]
Captain America V5 #610 - Page 7.jpg
401 KB, 1280x1941
>>82831485
its like people read the brubaker run more than the kirby one.can't blame them tho. ZEMO
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.