[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: hickman.jpg (43 KB, 637x340) Image search: [Google]
hickman.jpg
43 KB, 637x340
What would you choose?
>>
>>82825562
After dropping the ball so hard over on Secret Wars, I think having to write all the X-Books is an appropriate punishment.
>>
Hackman for sure
>>
>>82825562
Hickman sucks
but it's better than no good Marvel properties
>>
Considering how he sticks to timelines, having Hickman write all the books wouldn't be too different from all the books being canceled anyway.
>>
>>82825562
>cancelling all X-Men books
One can only dream
>>
>>82825562
>get him to Marvel's gangbang retreat
>give him 0 books
Why?
>>
>>82825562
Chose first option because I hate X-fags and would love to see all their beloved characters be distributed between the rest of franchises.
>>
>>82825833
Inclusivity and diversity. They needed at least one token white guy.
>>
The dream never dies
>>
>>82825562
Just cancel my shit, pham
>>
Would Marvel have the balls to just go no X-men comics?

Or rather, could they afford it? Seems like Disney's fronting them a lot of cash.
>>
>>82825562
With the current state of X-Books I'd rather they just get canned.
>>
>>82825562
Choice of either readable X books finally or no X books at all in other words.
>>
>>82825972
I don't think that's how it works internally. They won't ever really go bankrupt again but they still need to be profitable. It's not as if movie money actually goes toward comic production.

X-books sell too well on average to justify cancelling all of them.
>>
>>82825833
He isn't interested in writing capeshit anymore my nigga.
>>
>CYCLOP'S
>'S
CYCLOP ALWAYS RITE
>>
File: hackman gets told.jpg (200 KB, 547x868) Image search: [Google]
hackman gets told.jpg
200 KB, 547x868
Better dead than Hickman.
>>
>>82825562
I would had preferred cancellation to Bendis.
At this point he cannot do worse.

Just make Bobby Straight again, bring back Beast from the brink, and I think that is really all that happened during Bendis run. Oh and erase the 05 or whatever because that was dumb as all hell.
>>
>>82825972
One current rumor is that Death of X will result in the renaming/replacing of All-New, Uncanny, and Extraordinary, doing to the X-Men what they've already done to the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>82826176
>Just make Bobby Straight again
Not happening in our lifetime anon
>>
only if he brings back cat beast or classic beast
>>
File: kek.jpg (38 KB, 638x292) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
38 KB, 638x292
Fucking lol
>>
>>82826254
>not wanting beast as a new animal
Just keep cycling through the animal kingdom

Maybe birdbest next
>>
>>82826268
Save the bantz for a Manhattan Projects that doesn't suck, Hickman!
>>
>>82826176
>>82826250
They should say Jean was wrong and he actually is bi with maybe a preference for dick. No one really loses.
>>
>>82826367
Gay guy> bi guy.
>>
>>82826393
>not being the bisexual master race
Stay pleb fampai.
>>
>>82826393
Not gonna sugar coat it, they make him gay because other attempts to have gay characters in the x-men were met with indifference because mutants come in all shapes, and sizes, so it had to be a member of the main cast, and it had to be in the most Bendis-way possible for the sake of controversy.

They could had any of the gay characters in the main cast, but I do not expect Marvel Editors or Bendis to give a fuck about comics.

I wish Marvel mercy kill the entire line, and just did Star Wars shit for the end of their days.
>>
>>82825562
I choose Hickman
>>
>>82825879
one of these days anon someone will rape you brutally with a metal rod
>>
Eh, if Hickman had enough time to tell his long-ass, decompressed X-Men story without any editorial interfering, it'd probably be great. His problem has always been that he takes too long to tell a story and when he has to rush to finish it, it doesn't come out as good as you would have hoped.
>>
File: interesting.png (16 KB, 577x349) Image search: [Google]
interesting.png
16 KB, 577x349
>>
>>82827889
given that x-men always do their own thing, and he wouldn't have to do an event, and just could have his own universe, I think it would be good.

it's difficult to write a good avengers book, not only because their premise is unexciting, but also, because they are the center of the marvel universe
>>
>>82827924
So Han Solo but a mutant is Longshot, who is Spider-Gwen?
>>
>>82827961
Peter but a girl
>>
>>82827961

Han Solo X-Men is Corsair
>>
>>82827924
sounds good imo
>>
>>82827983
I know who Spider-Gwen is, I mean what if she were a code word for some mutant copy of her.

>>82828003
He's not a mutant, though.
Also don't need any more Summers family drama, War of Kings was enough.
>>
>>82827961
Psylocke? She's only popular because of her costume, as well.
>>
>>82828082
I was trying to think of people with similar powers, Longstar's Luck is a pretty even match for Solo's character, but you're dead on about that costume.
I also liked Spider-Gwen's unique world, it was a cool spin on Peter's.
>>
>>82828055
you don't have to be a mutant to be an x-man, albeit I agree that Corsair would be too much
>>
I've kind of soured on him after Secret Wars but I wouldn't mind checking out X books written by him.
>>
>>82825562
Can I get all DC cancelled as well?
>>
>>82826367

They actually could've had something, there, but no, they went full bisexual erasure on us instead, because nothing's more progressive than a straight woman telling a man who says "maybe I'm bi" that no, he's wrong, he's totally gay.
>>
>>82825972
between disney and starwars they could cancel the X-books and face no problem. The muggas are a reliable source of money regardless of the quality of their books but they aren't holding the company up like X-fags seem to think.
>>
>>82830734
the comics are to disney what xbox is to Microsoft, irrelevant. And X-Men are only a part of the comics.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.