[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Octopus Pie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-05-13.png (659 KB, 600x1811) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-13.png
659 KB, 600x1811
Would you have laughed /co/?
>>
>>82823605
Are we supposed to be on the side of the woman? Because the guy is 100% right.
>>
>>82823702
I think it's supposed to show that she is going delirious with the lasting panel
>>
>>82823702
I'm wondering if something is wrong with me because I kind of side with Park (the guy). He wasn't "nice" about it but he did just have a drink thrown in his face. When I read the comments on the site everyone is talking about how much of an asshole Park is and now I think I'm just a cynical asswipe.
>>
>>82823605
what is actually happening?
>>
Both are shitty people, but he's right, you know.
>>
>>82824207
> female MC hooks up with her ex visiting town
> he spills that he'd actually been around for a week before contacting her
> she throws a drink in his face
> he calls her out for being the worthless hipster she is
>>
>>82824481
You lost me.
>>
>>82824481
The hipster thing kind of comes out of nowhere in the context of their conversation.

He just sort of starts belting it out because he's mad and the anti-bohemian stuff is all he's got to sling. Her laughter comes from realizing how little he has to do with her in the now, which compounds with how ultimately irrelevant he's become in her life.

Considering she's been obsessing over this dude without contacting him for like years, this was probably a pretty cool realization for her.
>>
>>82824149
Eh, his assessment of her life isn't wrong, but he did just use her as a cheap booty call without even being honest about it. That earns a drink in the face easily enough. Like if he'd called when he first arrived and was just honest and was like 'I'm busy until my last day in town', y'know, whatever. Her choice at that point. Instead he tried to play her, and then when she got pissed about it proceeded to blame her for pretty much everything in her life. It's true to a large extent, and the comic never shies away from that fact, but you don't get to play that card after lying to get in someone's pants.
>>
>>82824481
>>82824563
So the issue is that the guy didn't care for her despite them not being together?
>>
>>82824481
And he has more objective worth for "trading up" into being part of the mainstream culture as opposed to a subculture?

I think whichever fashion sense you have or taste in entertainment, it would really more be about "are you basically a good person? are you decent?" more than that.

Although yeah, if she's kind of a bitch or not being fair to people by sponging off of them, then yeah. She could be doing better. But if she isn't, and she's still paying the bills and is a decent person, he's being a fucking dick. Granted, she did throw a drink in his face. I'd probably lose my shit and start criticizing at that point too.

I know I would, I've mentally courted doing worse things to my ex in a confrontation although I've also rejected them because it wouldn't really be fair and I'd go to jail anyways. Just not worth it.

I'd call her out on her bullshit, though. She's never even really told me why. Not why we had to break up, not why me being an hour away when she briefly seriously planned to be HOURS away, nothing. I would have cut off my own foot at that point. I told her everything. We told each other everything.

And nothing. I don't even know why. I probably never will at this point.

Which is part of why I sometimes get really angry about it and want to gouge her eyes out, but of course that's useless and unrealistic and unfair.
>>
>>82824621
Issue is he lied just to hit it and quit it. Nothing wrong with the latter part. Even if he'd waited till the end of his trip and just been honest and been like "Y'know, I've been in town for this wedding, and it's been a few years, and I'd like to think we could still be friends at least." The lying for no reason just turns it into "JK lol, no. Just a booty call."
>>
>>82824207
its like the other replies say, park was visiting and used eve as a booty call but went out of his way during said booty call to mention how much he missed her.

once it became obvious how little he actually missed her, it becomes apparent that he was just trying to see if she turned into a more respectable person (which in his eyes would mean more mature, got a real job, dropped the early 20s hipster bs, etc).

eves hurt by this and makes a rash desicision, splashes her drink in his face. he sees this as something 'old eve' would do and starts ranting on all the things she was. she starts laughing because she realizes he has no idea who she is, he only knows/knew past eve, but she and her group of friends have grown and gone through a lot.

lots of people see park as scummy because hes just there for a little bit, and decided to get a quick fuck from an and ex, and he wanted to make sure he was doing better than her (like people who check on the people who went to highschool/college with them). he had a pretty dissmissive attitude, which didnt help. eve is the main character anyways, so since we've seen everything shes gone through up to this point, the fans are already rooting for her.
>>
that feel when no gf
>>
File: 1405752599392.png (171 KB, 539x537) Image search: [Google]
1405752599392.png
171 KB, 539x537
>>82824790
>>82824918

Oh my god is you again?

People I'm going to save you some time, OP is a white knight who thinks that the girl is on the right because the guy should have cared about her after being split for years and should acted just how the girl wanted him to act.

Him doing anything different from what she wants means that he is evil.

White knight also thinks that the guy is a douche for having sex with her when he is about to leave the towm while in reality the girl wanted it too, so even if she didn't knew that the guy was about to leave it still was her own choise to fuck the guy.

And lastly, white knight also thinks that getting pissed because somebody throwed a drink at you is wrong too, that the guy should have been more level headed about it and ask ''What did I do???'' because OP is a beta cuck that would be take blame for being punched on the face by a random guy on the street.

So no matter what arguments we use about logic, adults having their own life or how being that possesive about an ex is childish as hell, White Knight anon will not change his mind, so fuck it.
Thread.
>>
>>82824608
When you put it that way it does make him sound like an asshole. I guess they're both right and also wrong.

It's good to see Eve make some progress by giving up that Park fantasy, but she still has a long way to go. Not trying to say that you need to have a typical 9-5 job to be an adult, but where is Eve going career wise? Will and Hannah have their baking thing, Jane seems to have a bit more going on outside of her barista gig, and we saw Marigold's transformation awhile back. It seems like everybody has had some form of major development except for Eve. I'm excited to see where this goes.
>>
>>82824149
Eve is the protagonist, so people tend to root for her since they've seen all her emotional struggles. She's being a bitch here though. Neither of them have really stayed in touch over the years, Park made the first call, it's clear it was a last minute thing as he was already in town (didn't call while planning) and leaving so soon, Eve didn't care and happily took the booty call, they both see the other as an ecjo of their old memories and not the person the other has become. Eve built up expectations in her head, she has zero right to react with aggression because Park hasn't developed into what she wants him to be during their years of distance
>>
>>82824608
He WAS honest about it. Him having been around fir x amount of time doesn't affect that he only called Eve when he was already in town and leaving very soon, which clearly spells out IMPULSE WHIM as if you want to see someone in a trip you contact them when you get the plane tickets to schedule. Eve knows this and didn't care. People claiming Park tricked or misled her are just trying to justify Eve's turbobitch behaviour
>>
>>82824790
He didn't lie. What the fuck are you going on about? He didn't originally plan on seeing Eve, changed his mind, hey I'm here now wanna hang, Eve wanted not only to hang but bang too, and was only disappointed because - despite Hanna giving warning - she saw it as a sign of something grander, her dreams coming true, even though your ex from years back giving you a "I'm in town right now and leaving the day after tomorrow and we haven't spoken in years but yeah are you busy tomorrow" blares "booty call" with an airhorn. But that wilful blindess is entirely Eve's own fault.
>>
>>82826343
>I guess they're both right and also wrong.

Yeah, some commenters have done a good job breaking down the various ways Park is an asshole but also not entirely wrong and the ways Eve is an overreactive bitch but also kind of in the right.
>>
>>82825225

Anon, it is indeed possible for someone to read the comic in a different way than you do without them wanting to fuck the main character.
>>
File: 2015-02-28.png (230 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-28.png
230 KB, 600x912
Just reread some previous story lines and I love how this meeting was pretty much inevitable. I also like Mar's "harsh" but accurate assessment of the situation.
>>
>>82823702
Sounds like you haven't really been following along.
>>
>>82824608
>he did just use her as a cheap booty call without even being honest about it. That earns a drink in the face easily enough.

You need to have the shit beaten out of you.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.