[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say one thing you liked about this movie. >The Reed and Ben
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: fantastic-four-banner-146299.jpg (3 MB, 2250x1500) Image search: [Google]
fantastic-four-banner-146299.jpg
3 MB, 2250x1500
Say one thing you liked about this movie.

>The Reed and Ben friendship was there
>>
Sue used her powers for more then just becoming invisible.
>>
>>82822372
they finally did Doom justice with his portrayal
>>
>>
It ended
>>
It's utter failure made Marvel getting the rights back all the more likely.
>>
Ben was a bro and did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82822475
Becoming invisible was the least thing she used them for desu
>>
>>82822542
>>
People get mad about Doom and shit, but at this stage in his life, he's SUPPOSED to be some arrogant penniless scientist. He goes and stages a brutal coup in his homeland AFTER he becomes Doom and also after they meet in college.

Not saying this was great, but it's not disqualified as a take by premise alone.
>>
We finally got a Reed as dickish as the comics.
>>
>>82822561
Given the fucked up pacing, it's a miracle it had an ending.
>>
For an hour and a half long movie, at least the first hour is watchable.
>>
the costumes were nice, except Ben not having pants
>>
The attempts at character interactions until they stopped
>>
i didnt see it
>>
no one was killed in the production of this film
>>
>>82822372
I liked how it failed so hard were not likely to get another one.
>>
>>82824707

Do you not know?

Fantastic 4 - 2 has been confirmed. Its happening, like, next year.
>>
>>82822561
>>82822372
No joke, The only thing I actually liked was the ending credits music
>>
>>82826338
Not with Marvel stealing their new torch to give him a better role and career in Black Panther.
>>
Kate Mara is cute
>>
>>82826338
I still don't understand why they're making another one even though no one saw and hardly any critics liked it. Why would they keep wasting money for this property?
>>
Pants aside, I liked Bens design. Thats all I got
>>
>>82827544
Theyre not anon, theyre saving face for the time being. It will be some time before the FOX heads admit it was a clusterfuck
>>
>>82822372
everything
>>
>>82822372
Didn't see it, but I think Ben looks pretty good.
>>
>>82827415
if you're into chimps
>>
File: js.png (116 KB, 154x314) Image search: [Google]
js.png
116 KB, 154x314
>>82822372
>Say one thing you liked about this movie.

I thought about this for a minute, and I've got nothing

This is actually pretty hard
>>
>>82822372
The stretching effects were pretty solid at times.
>>
>>82822372
It's fucking hysterical.
>>
It's boring but not unwatchable until you realize it has 10 minutes left of movie and not an hour and a half it desperately needed
>>
It had a good opening. Like everything leading up to reed starting his project with the rest. All the childhood shit and the little moments between him and Ben. This were genuinely good character moments...cept how one turned it's clobberin time into a childhood abuse slogan.
>>
>>82827820
I agree,
The movie never really gets bad until Doom comes back.
It just gets progressively less about the characters every time the status changes.
>>
>>82827820
>>82827859
I dont really see the praise people give the first half. Its still a baffling bland mess with forced character relationships. The only thing I can figure is that the second half is so terrible that it makes the first look passable by comparison
>>
>>82822372
Its making caused the most entertaining behind-the-scenes drama news in while.
>>
>>82827981
That is definitely the case.
I don't think this would ever be a good movie, but it could have been easy listening.
The character bits are generic - but at least they exist for a few minutes.

Especially Ben and Reed.
They get the only dynamic that carries through and it still...stifles.
>>
>>82827364
Oh yeah Man, Disney is really trying make Fox's life a bitch.
>>
>>82827981
No not the first half. I mean the shit when it's only reed and Ben growing up. Once the project starts Its a stilted cold mess. But the reed and Ben shit seemed actually like they were two friends. After Ben departs it's like a bunch of frozen cadavers belting out stiff dialogue at one another.
>>
>>82822372
I got to laugh at Trank.
>>
4 hours in and only 38 replies.
Now tell me what's wrong with Fant4stic.
>>
>>82827415
discount Emma Watson

I'd take her
>>
Things that confused me about the first half
>Reed tries to pitch this unbelievable machine at a cliche school science fair of all places. Which is surprisingly still a thing
>He and Ben look WAY to old to be seniors
>They somehow have the same teacher from 5th grade
>Reed is shocked when they dont believe him
I mean hell in the span of 15mins I already have problems with this mess.
>>
>>82828234
It's one of the scenes lifted from UFF that completely falls flat.
In UFF Reed is discovered at the fair when he's like 11-13.
And then spends years trying to perfect the tech.

Why they didn't do the same scene with the kid Ben and Reed I don't know.
It would have been funnier.
>>
I can see what Trank was trying to do.
There were some good ideas there.
What he wanted to make was essentially The Fly with Goldblum. They go to the Negative zone and come back "wrong".
The scene with Reed crawling around after the accident dragging a limb was really good and effective.
So was Doom's return.

The issue seemed like the studio didn't want that and kept trying to push to make an origin story so they could Marvelize it.

Maybe the stories about Trank are true, but I think that the studio is probably the biggest culprit. Lots of assholes have made great movies.
>>
>>82828312
I mean, you see deleted sequences like the wreckage of the Fantasticar and you do wonder if Trank's cut would have at least been more dynammic in where it went story-wise.
>>
I loved the horrible jab Johnny takes at Ben during the last scene.
"And the Thing nobody wanted"
WOAH! Really? Like it wasn't even a lighthearted Johnny storm cut down. It just sounded fucking cruel. And we had seen nothing prior to that in the film with those two getting to know one another at all. Even Ben's reaction seems genuinely hurt and mad. It just felt so awkward.
Also I loved how Ben and sue never once actually speak to one another the entire film. Not one single time.
>>
I really did like the score and I can't help but think that this >>82828312 anon is right desu.

I mean we've seen Sony try this with TASM 2, is it really that far fetched to believe that FOX did this with FF too?
>>
>>82828234
>>He and Ben look WAY to old to be seniors
Teller has looked the same ever since Project X and he played a HS kid there
>>
>>82828364
It's funny because otherwise that scene feels like an entirely other movie that we didn't get to see.
It had at least a more entertaining "seeming" tone.

And you're right, even Reed's talking Ben down from fighting Johnny is trying to make it play off like it was teasing...but it wasn't.
Probably the best scenethough.
>>
File: Zira_02.jpg (10 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
Zira_02.jpg
10 KB, 246x300
>>82827415
>Kate Mara
>>
>>82828364
They were really stretching in that scene to put all the puzzle pieces in place.
Like, ok, we need to have all the names.
No one's called Ben the "Thing" yet, so how can we do that?
Oh yeah, and also they need a team name.
>>
>>82822372
>mr fantastic looks like he's 16
>can't really mess up being a blonde woman
>the human nigger
>the thing is naked

what the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>82828464
They didn't call him the thing, but on a file Reed finds it turns out to be Ben's military codename.
>>
>>82828312
>Maybe the stories about Trank are true, but I think that the studio is probably the biggest culprit.

It's the fault of both.

Trank did have a clear vision (even though arguably it's not appropriate for the Fantastic Four, there's still a very specific vision for it) and Fox had agreed to it. Fox caused problems when they decided to cut the budget along with key scenes (like for instance, the whole point of the teacher bringing up young Reed's flying car idea was to foreshadow the appearance of the Fantasticar).

But Trank himself caused problems with conflicts with the cast, crew, and even the landlord of his rental home. And if you believe what's claimed in the news, didn't have a good third act or didn't film the rest of it.
>>
I remember another script with a different origin that sounded pretty neat.
>Reed builds a homemade spacecraft called "The Fantastic"
>About to launch maiden voyage from a barn with Sue, Johnny, and Ben
>Barn gets surrounded by military because its an unauthorized launch/safety risk
>They do it anyway
>Crash ship, the news calls them "The Fantastic Four" because ship name
>Ship later becomes Fantasticar
>>
>>82822372
It made me appreciate the old ones much more.
>>
>>82828481
>>the thing is naked
This made sense for the start.

Ben was feeling inhuman. Humans wear clothes. He's not human, so no clothes. Went along with the whole military weapon thing.

The end of the movie should have had him wearing something though.
>>
>>82828553
Just should have done the UFF origin story.
I think that's a perfect modern reboot
>>
File: 1438886413597.jpg (61 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
1438886413597.jpg
61 KB, 438x400
>>82822372
I liked the good times it gave me on /co/
>>
>>82822372
Reed told Doom he was smarter than him.
>>
I love how Micheal B Jordan jumped ship to Marvel to star in Black Panther. Im almost certain Marvel bought back FF given Inhumans was scrapped
>>
>>82828616
See though, they messed up by not just having him have cracked looking rocky hide, but actually look like he's made of boulders grinding past each other. On a Thing like that, pants would look weird.
>>
>>82828832
I don't know. Maybe a vest or something?
A sash?
>>
>>82828616
>The end of the movie should have had him wearing something though.

That was in one of the drafts for the movie, according to someone on /co/ who worked on the effects.

I think because Fox took over and had to rush things they couldn't put on pants.
>>
>>82828827
Especially with how Marvel negotiated that deal with Sony for Spider-man.
Fox has to be feeling like they can get a cut of that pie somehow
>>
>>82828659
Did Evans make any comment regarding fant4stic?
>>
File: 1438749533177.jpg (150 KB, 624x581) Image search: [Google]
1438749533177.jpg
150 KB, 624x581
>>82828955
I vaugely remember him wishing Michael luck in the role
>>
>>82828931
>Fox has to be feeling like they can get a cut of that pie somehow
Like how they say "d-don't forget about us" with their X-Men promo?
>>
File: kate mara.jpg (241 KB, 1039x501) Image search: [Google]
kate mara.jpg
241 KB, 1039x501
>>82827415
>>
>>82828955
He says that his movie wasn't great, and that its reception was kind of deserved.

Then Jordan's is worse.

Marvel is collecting them, though, so that's cool.
>>
The absolute worst part of the movie was that fucking wig they slapped on Mara for the reshoot scenes.
Jesus, it was like they picked it up at the Dollar Store
>>
File: The Thing.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Thing.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>82828889
They should have just gotten the Thing right. They could have still used CGI, in fact they'd be justified in doing so to accurately portray the thing's facial proportions. It's just that he's not supposed to look like living rock, he's supposed to look like he's got a rocky, cracked skin surface that's outer edge is still roughly even and smooth.
>>
>>82829081
Trank would have probably made him look like he has icthyosis or something.
>>
>>82822552
Don't talk shit about the Chik
>>
>>82822372
There were definitely and undeniably 4 of them.
>>
>>82822372
I liked how they tried to make it sort of horrific with them getting their powers

Unfortunately it was ruined by them instantly going "and then a year went by and they can control themselves perfectly!"
>>
>>82827544
in Hollywood its better for your competition to suffer than yourself
>>
Black human torch was cool
>>
>>82829238
Doom was part of the team for a while. HA! Five. I found a way so they didn't even get that right!
>>
>>82828208
>discount of a funny-looking bitch

I think the chimp comments are kinder
>>
>>82828931
I wouldnt call the Spider Man agreement a fair deal for Sony, seeing how theyre getting a single paycheck and zero control anymore. Granted its a hefty check, but their long term financial future is gone and ghostbusters will probably hurt them
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.