[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: BlackPanther.jpg (69 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
BlackPanther.jpg
69 KB, 633x537
I've been meaning to check this out, and after watching Civil War just reconfirmed my decision. Is it any good /co/?
>>
the first issue was okay
didn't like the second one
art is good
>>
>>82820819
I didn't like the first 2 issues, I'm still deciding if I'll give issue 3 a chance to hook me.
>>
OP here, are there any recently started marvel books that I should start then? Something that wouldn't be too hard to catch up on. Been mostly DC and have been trying to get into Marvel recently.
>>
>>82822286
Marvel's in a tough spot right now, but if anything I would suggest
>Black Widow
>Red Wolf
>Vision

And do not fall for the New Avengers meme
>>
>>82822508
Vision's a mini and Red Wolf's already cancelled.

Also, New Avengers isn't bad unless Sandoval's art triggers you to some insane degree.
>>
>>82822286
Vision is good but ending at #12 since King went DC exclusive and sales are shit
>>
>>82822286
If you want to read Black Panther he's in Ultimates which is Marvel's best cosmic book out now
>>
>>82822556
>Vision's a mini and Red Wolf's already cancelled.
>don't read comics with an expiration date they suck!!!

I see you fell for the NA meme.
>>
>>82820819
I'm enjoying it but a lot of co isn't. It's only two issues so far so it's a quick read to see if it suits you.
>>
>>82822626
Or I'm just telling someone they can wait on the trade?
I actually bought all issues of Red Wolf, sad it got cancelled, and I still am buying each issue of Vision because Marvel should know what a gem they're losing.
Pretty happy DC got King on exclusive, even if they were initially dicks over Omega Men.
>>
>>82820819
No.
>>
>>82822286
Amazing Spider-Man is good if you can handle not sperging out over significant changes to themes. It feels like genuine growth to me, and I like it a lot.

Vision is incredible, and who cares if it's a limited series? Read it. I'm a big Viz x Wanda fan and #7 made me pretty emotional. It's at the top of the heap.

Old Man Logan is consistently good and I really enjoy Sorrentino's art.

All-New Wolverine is great, though the art annoys me sometimes. I've liked X-23 for a while, so I don't mind seeing her don the yellow and blue.

Moon Knight is really, really, REALLY good and only on issue #2. It's my favorite Marvel book atm.

Web Warriors is kinda like Exiles with Spider-People. I really enjoyed Exiles, so I'm liking it quite a bit. The first arc where they fight an army of alternate universe Electros was a lot of fun.

Spider-Man/Deadpool is really good. I don't care much for Deadpool outside of rare instances when he's written well, but I -do- really enjoy Spider-Man's intense dislike for Wade. The odd couple pairing works, it's the funniest Marvel book I've read in a while.

I sub to a lot of stuff (over half of the books Marvel is putting out atm in addition to other publishers), but there's a lot of stuff I buy that I buy for fanboyish reasons. Anything with a spider-person is in my pull box.
>>
1st was kinda bland. Didn't like the direction it was going in. I did like that they added a couple pages of concept art. Its subtle stuff, but its still nice to see that there's thought being put into background elements

Second issue, at least to me, got me hooked. I'm really excited to see more. It was really cool to see more of Wakanda and how something as average like a school system can be made interesting in this strange alien setting. Also I hope we get more (insert color) (insert animal) characters in the future. I love shit like that
>>
>>82824055
I agree the first few issues have felt like tire spinning but they seem to be setting a lot of stuff up.
The two rogue royal guardswomen are awesome, I hope they come back and BP/Mom have to swallow their pride and admit that punishment was bullshit.
>>
>>82822626
Or maybe Anon is suggesting OP wait for the trades.
>>
>>82822974
Have you tried Gerry Duggan/Brian Posehn's run before Secret Wars?
Incredibly funny.
>>
>>82820819
Liked the first issue, second was pretty meh, but I'll stick with the book for some time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.